Close

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

HPF's Solution To BMW M3 SMG Clutches That Won't Teach In - Video

I love the lengths they go to to make things perfect Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF Chris Click here to enlarge
    Many of you with SMG transmissions have heard from your shop that your new clutch won't teach in. Here's a video of a tool we built that saves us countless hours in diagnosing SMG issues.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This is the kind of thing that builds up incredible consumer confidence. They are the premier option right now on the S54, period.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is the kind of thing that builds up incredible consumer confidence. They are the premier option right now on the S54, period.

Yes they do... wish they would hurry up and expand to the N54.. end game right thur..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    True! Love HPF's quality and CS.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Their attention to detail is everything imho
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Would the clutch not "teaching in" be a likely reason my SMG shifting is extremely jerky in lower gear, low throttle driving? Stop and go traffic. I'm running the HPF Stage 2.5 kit and Stage 2 clutch.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

rev higher in first/second Click here to enlarge
    you've got to be a SMG savant to consistently pull off smooth 1-2 shifts with this stage 2 clutch
    if that doesn't work try the ESS SMG Software. i haven't tried it yet but want to because i feel that engagement speed needs to be increased for the stage 2 clutch to feel less jerky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    rev higher in first/second Click here to enlarge
    you've got to be a SMG savant to consistently pull off smooth 1-2 shifts with this stage 2 clutch
    if that doesn't work try the ESS SMG Software. i haven't tried it yet but want to because i feel that engagement speed needs to be increased for the stage 2 clutch to feel less jerky.
    Yeah, I only had the car a few days before I had to head back to Afghanistan and put the car in storage. I was able to put 500 miles on it, but the shifting seemed to be getting worse. Worked great at WOT, but 1-2-3 from a stoplight in normal daily driving traffic was almost embarrassing how much it jerked. It's either going to take some getting used to or something is wrong. I'm leaning toward something is wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

i'm running a used stage 2 clutch and initially thought it was because of its used condition that i had such bad chudder on take off. but then i realized its like a 'light switch'... its either thrust or no thrust. you can only make the 'switch' faster, which is why i recommended the ESS software. 1->2 shifts could benefit the most from such software IMO.

p.s. i remember your hpf2.5 now....glad you made it back from the middle east in one piece!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    i'm running a used stage 2 clutch and initially thought it was because of its used condition that i had such bad chudder on take off. but then i realized its like a 'light switch'... its either thrust or no thrust. you can only make the 'switch' faster, which is why i recommended the ESS software. 1->2 shifts could benefit the most from such software IMO.

p.s. i remember your hpf2.5 now....glad you made it back from the middle east in one piece!
    Thanks. I'm back in Afghanistan at the moment, but at least I'm in one piece. I'll give the clutch some more time and see if I can get used to it, figure it out. If not, I'll try the ESS software. Thanks for the info.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    cool.

Now can I get some rep points?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. I'm back in Afghanistan at the moment, but at least I'm in one piece. I'll give the clutch some more time and see if I can get used to it, figure it out. If not, I'll try the ESS software. Thanks for the info.
    Glad you made it home in good shape. Good luck with getting your clutch hiccup resolved. Your car looks like a beast btw
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSDD Click here to enlarge
    Glad you made it home in good shape. Good luck with getting your clutch hiccup resolved. Your car looks like a beast btw
    Thanks, I appreciate it. She's in storage until May. Click here to enlarge