Close

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Stimulus Money to Retrofit Gas Powered Vehicles with Electric Drivetrains?

...My local news just reported that.

They are legitimately considering giving our tax dollars to companies to retrofit electric drivelines into gasoline powered vehicles? Click here to enlarge

I guess we should apply for some federal funding... I need $500K to convert a 997.2 GT2 to run on batteries, actually make it $1M we'll probably need 2 of them. Ultimately both attempts fail and we'll will have no other option than to revert to the archaic fossil fuel burning TT 3.6L.

You know what I'd like to see, at least every US Postal Service vehicle mandated to be electric. Moreover, I think that every non performance (no LEO, FF, etc) essential federal/state vehicle should already have switched over. If you're going to blow our $ on BS you should at least have to drive the $#@! you want us to before we do--maybe lead by example?

Otherwise I'll take both of those GT2s in Carrara White please.

/end rant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1831 Post(s)

If not electric they could at least do natural gas. Postal, buses, utilities, whatever, all those people should be on natural gas or electricity. Start with that, see how it goes, and then push it on us.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)

This is getting out of hand..like really bad. I swear my boss is gonna write a book about all this stuff (hes very conservative) and hes gonna make a $#@!load of money.

If Glenn Beck can make 35 million a year..I think we got a shot at a little of that..