Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Media Coverage of my 335 amongst the big dogs - C63 and ESS V8

Click here to enlarge

This is page two of a event advert for the end of October. The time advertised for my car is at 5500ft altitude. C63 is a coastal time and the ESS M3 V8 ran that time at the coast too. The times of the C63 at altitude are normally 12.3 and the ESS in the 11.9-12.0 range.
    The cool thing is I will hopefully have the RB turbos fitted prior to the event so I should give them a good run for their money. Opinions on that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2084 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is pretty cool George! With the RB turbos, my money is on you vs. the C63 and ESS M3. Should be a good race.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That is pretty cool George! With the RB turbos, my money is on you vs. the C63 and ESS M3. Should be a good race.
    Thanks man. I beat the C63 at altitude so the target is the ESS car which I believe is having a pulley upgrade. Will be a interesting outcome. Hopefully the Turbos ship in time and the tuning is simple.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats George!

I have spoken to Niron a few times via email, seems like a great guy as well. Unfortunately the difference in value of currency between us is shockingly large and has prevented us from working together so far.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    cool george! fastest in Africa huh? and on stock turbos too! anyway i hope you enjoy the fame and i hope you enjoy your new turbos. let us know which tuning platform you plan on using and keep us updated Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i Coupe
    Mods: Check the Garage

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Thanks man. I beat the C63 at altitude so the target is the ESS car which I believe is having a pulley upgrade. Will be a interesting outcome. Hopefully the Turbos ship in time and the tuning is simple.
    If you get them in time, and do some weight reduction, runn full boost. you will have no problems my friend

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the coverage and goodluck!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    Congrats George!

I have spoken to Niron a few times via email, seems like a great guy as well. Unfortunately the difference in value of currency between us is shockingly large and has prevented us from working together so far.
    He is a great guy in person too. Its really frustrating for the naturally aspirated guys at this altitude.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    If you get them in time, and do some weight reduction, runn full boost. you will have no problems my friend
    Thanks. Weight reduction is against my policy, not planning on doing glory runs unless I really have too.

The track conditions here are nowhere close to the states. Pulling a 1.9sec 60ft on drag radials is like incredible locally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Most of us are rooting for you George!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    5500' would suck the life out of anything N/A no question. That same 11.8 C63 would easily turn into a 13 second car at that altitude. Kind of like racing at Bandimere (CO) after being at MIR/ATCO/Cecil Co./NED, etc. His salvation lies in the bottle Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MHP LLC Click here to enlarge
    5500' would suck the life out of anything N/A no question. That same 11.8 C63 would easily turn into a 13 second car at that altitude. Kind of like racing at Bandimere (CO) after being at MIR/ATCO/Cecil Co./NED, etc. His salvation lies in the bottle Click here to enlarge
    It makes a big difference but not as much as 13 seconds. The best up here is a 12.3 with the exit affected by 8km/h. NA sucks up here but the N54 is also affected highly as it has to overcome 2.5psi of barometric pressure drop and a 17% drop in oxygen density. So in theory when boosting 19psi the turbos are spinning the speed they would spin to produce 20.5psi at sea level. Hand grenades in the making.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    It makes a big difference but not as much as 13 seconds. The best up here is a 12.3 with the exit affected by 8km/h. NA sucks up here but the N54 is also affected highly as it has to overcome 2.5psi of barometric pressure drop and a 17% drop in oxygen density. So in theory when boosting 19psi the turbos are spinning the speed they would spin to produce 20.5psi at sea level. Hand grenades in the making.
    George good info. Sorry if my data was off, I was basing it off a customer's SRT8 Jeep (Tom Leet) who moved from FL (sea level) to CO. The DA at Bandimere was around 8500-9000' when he raced (although his actual altitude was only 6500'--that was my error) when he raced there. He went from low 12s in FL (bolt-on/tune) to 14.0s at Bandimere losing around 8-10mph in trap speed.

Anyway back on topic, you obviously know what you're doing and keep on kicking ass! Please keep us updated as your build progresses and your times get even better.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Niron's car is crazy fast for the basic bolt on mods he has. Since I convinced him to change tuners he has dropped 0.6 seconds. I think he will be hitting 11.5 in the next few months (at sea-level).

Thamen's car has some issues at the moment. Hit some kind of a limiter, almost like a rev-limiter, at different rpm's in different gears. Problem is worse at sea-level. He ran 11.7 at sea-level on 0.2 bar. I don't think ESS enough data on the issue with us being so remote, & I certainly don't think they have a lot of high altitude data. So we have been making changes to the tune ourselves to try to sort it out. We have a plan of action which we think that resolve the issue. Would be much easier if ESS could fly over & we sort it out together.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very cool George!
    2015 F82 M4 - DCT - YMB
    | Stock for Now |