Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 38
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No

    Dinan N63 Twin Turbo V8 Software Tune Available for E71 X6 and F01 750

    Click here to enlarge

    Dinan's V8 Twin Turbo software is here. The stated gains bring the cars up to 495 horsepower and 573 pound-feet of torque. Boost is raised from 9.8 to 14 psi. Dinan does match the BMW warranty coverage which is nice. At $2999 though, they better.

    2009 - 2010 F01 750i (iMipp w/ Ethernet adaptor is required)
    495 hp @ 5000rpm
    573 ft-lbs @ 3500rpm

    2008 - 2010 E71 X6 xDrive50i (iMipp Only & Blue DCAN Adapter)
    495 hp @ 5000rpm
    573 ft-lbs @ 3500rpm

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    too $

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    too $
    That's Dinan for ya...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    I know.
    But at least they honor the BMW warranty for their unagressive tunes.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    I know.
    But at least they honor the BMW warranty for their unagressive tunes.
    That is a major selling point for some people.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,315
    Rep Points
    552.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    True.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Valley Stream NY
    Posts
    3,350
    Rep Points
    2,779.7
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    28


    Yes Reputation No
    RD Sport Flash is considerably less and makes more power.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Matt@Camber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    RD Sport Flash is considerably less and makes more power.
    No dyno verification of either's claims. RDsport is cheaper, but RDsport software isn't all that great either.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    206
    Rep Points
    91.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    For warranty you can't really beat 573torque . The feel must be very nice.

    Anyways, what are the Brake Numbers from the factory?
    This is my signature... Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BadBoostedBmwM3 Click here to enlarge
    For warranty you can't really beat 573torque . The feel must be very nice.

    Anyways, what are the Brake Numbers from the factory?
    Factory numbers?

    400 hp 450 pound-feet.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone know if they do the tune through obd2 or do they take the ecu out?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cls355 Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone know if they do the tune through obd2 or do they take the ecu out?
    Good question, do not know but I will contact Dinan and find out.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    839
    Rep Points
    771.6
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    What I like about Dinan is they play with the big boys like Chip Ganassi. Dinan has impeccable engineering reputation

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BigM62 Click here to enlarge
    What I like about Dinan is they play with the big boys like Chip Ganassi. Dinan has impeccable engineering reputation
    The Chip Ganassi thing is really going to improve their image big time. Their street car stuff is still way too mild but you know it is solid.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    IDK, +95hp and +123lb-ft over stock for flash only doesn't seem mild to me. Makes me wonder if these engines are even more de-tuned from the factory than the N54 (and also what we'll see if they come out with Stage 2/3 with additional hardware)

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    251
    Rep Points
    107.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Factory numbers?

    400 hp 450 pound-feet.
    Expensive for what it is, but before BMW went F/I, I can't remember any BMW power mods of 95hp/123trq that went for less than $3000. $3000 bucks wouldn't get you much of anything on an E46 M3. Probably the same for E92 M3, but I'm not sure.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    IDK, +95hp and +123lb-ft over stock for flash only doesn't seem mild to me. Makes me wonder if these engines are even more de-tuned from the factory than the N54 (and also what we'll see if they come out with Stage 2/3 with additional hardware)
    Dinan's stuff is really mild, these gains are as large as they are because it is the N63 which is fairly detuned to not step on the S63. If you compare Dinan to other offerings across the board, you can get more power elsewhere for less money. Dinan's stuff is well engineered and you know you are getting a quality product but you won't be the fastest.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stahlgrau Click here to enlarge
    Expensive for what it is, but before BMW went F/I, I can't remember any BMW power mods of 95hp/123trq that went for less than $3000. $3000 bucks wouldn't get you much of anything on an E46 M3. Probably the same for E92 M3, but I'm not sure.
    Definitely, that is the nature of modding forced induction. The S54 is hitting 1000 whp though when all these BMW turbo motors are out, how come? The E46 M3 isn't easy to mod but because the motor is so good in NA form if you have $ it is the better platform to mod for power.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    le Paris
    Posts
    6,648
    Rep Points
    -164.0
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Dinan's stuff is well engineered and you know you are getting a quality product but you won't be the fastest.
    some people just look for quality and warranty. They want to make sure if something breaks , they won't be screwed

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    I've done some quick searches and have found some others:

    Hennessey: +50HP/+60TQ - $1,995
    Hartge: +90HP/+81TQ - $??
    Active: +60HP/+50TQ - $1,200

    Seems like for what's available Dinan is near the top in terms of (claimed) performance. Maybe this will change if one or two of the piggyback tuners get in the game, or someone like GIAC or Cobb, but I'm not likely to be patient enough to wait Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HeroSina Click here to enlarge
    some people just look for quality and warranty. They want to make sure if something breaks , they won't be screwed
    Exactly, and that is Dinan's market and they do the best in it.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    I've done some quick searches and have found some others:

    Hennessey: +50HP/+60TQ - $1,995
    Hartge: +90HP/+81TQ - $??
    Active: +60HP/+50TQ - $1,200

    Seems like for what's available Dinan is near the top in terms of (claimed) performance. Maybe this will change if one or two of the piggyback tuners get in the game, or someone like GIAC or Cobb, but I'm not likely to be patient enough to wait Click here to enlarge
    This is just the beginning of tuning so all the flash tunes are going to be in about the same spot.

    Dinan does not provide dynos so we go by their crank figures. For the N54 for example most of the piggy's and flashes outperform what they have available. Also, no meth options with Dinan unless you do it yourself. They tend to be conservative which many like.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    380
    Rep Points
    672.5
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7


    Yes Reputation No
    Didn't DINAN use on the Rolex Prototype engine a Ferrari based/derived 4.3L engine instead of the traditional BMW S62 5.0L?

    Reply to quote "The Chip Ganassi thing is really going to improve their image big time. Their street car stuff is still way too mild but you know it is solid."

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2111 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by m54b25 Click here to enlarge
    Didn't DINAN use on the Rolex Prototype engine a Ferrari derived 4.3L engine instead of the traditional BMW S62 5.0L?
    Not sure if it was an S62 but I believe it was a BMW 5.0 liter as that is one of the approved engines.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This is just the beginning of tuning so all the flash tunes are going to be in about the same spot.

    Dinan does not provide dynos so we go by their crank figures. For the N54 for example most of the piggy's and flashes outperform what they have available. Also, no meth options with Dinan unless you do it yourself. They tend to be conservative which many like.
    Yeah - I don't really get that. After writing that lengthy white paper on how they are Dyno gods and everyone else has no idea what they're doing, you would think they would at least publish the results of their OCD dyno testing from their facility. I wonder what their justification is for marketing peak HP/TQ numbers, which must have been derived from dyno testing, and not showing the charts.

    Anyway, I don't think that's going to stop me from giving it a go. I can always have it flashed back to stock if something materially better comes along. I plan to do before and after dyno's same day, same dyno when I take the plunge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •