Close

Thread: HFFP

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Post HFFP

FOREWARINING: THIS WILL BE A RANT. If you don't like it GTFO!

Well my fuel pump gave out this week. Forget the long cranks, car doesn't even start. Well I lie it starts shakes for about a few minutes and then abruptly shuts off. Wow 37k of German engineering and they can't figure out a solution. Honestly this will be probably be my last BMW, they honestly do not care about their customers or the quality of their vehicles anymore. They would rather the pumps keep giving out and the customer be inconvenienced than to come up with a long term solution, like a new manufacturer. On top of it G-d forbid you have any modifications done to your car because they will redflag you on the spot and not warranty your repair even though its a factory defect! Bottom line BMW knows it has a major problem and doesn't care.

I honestly think the only way to deal with this issue and get BMW to come up with a long term solution is a class action lawsuit. I've read about a few 1 series owners that have gone through at least 3 pumps. If you guys are seriously interested and want to come up w/ a solution lets get everyone together and do this so we'll stop being screwed.
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I definitely agree with you that BMW just doesn't really care. They care more about trying to flag your car and getting out of paying for it than fixing it.

If this gets big enough they will do something but for now, it is just new pumps that still seem to have issues. I really honestly don't get why this isn't a top priority.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It doesn't give any confidence when the engineers can't find a solution fora long going problem. I believe they should out source the fix. lol its some what funny, all the German engineering being so highly praised and the car let you stranded any time. Like early Hyundais.

This is my 1st bimmer and honestly, I believe it will he the last one. I might try audi next time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A friend of mine with a 335i had the same problem. Took weeks before BMW finally authorized a replacement.
    09 Alpine White E92 M-DCT / ESS VT2 Supercharger w/ NITROUS / Borla Race Exhaust
    10.87 @ 131 mph in the 1/4 Mile
    60-130 MPH in 6.23 secs (Nitrous)
    60-130 MPH in 6.87 secs (Boost only @ 7.5psi)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mikewads Click here to enlarge
    A friend of mine with a 335i had the same problem. Took weeks before BMW finally authorized a replacement.
    Yeah one dealership told me a rep from BMW North America has come down and authorize the repair. When I took it in they knew the fuel pump was acting up, but only re-flashed the car when I asked the service advisor why they weren't replacing the pump he said BMW doesn't authorize a replacement until later on in the process. When I asked if they had switched to a new manufacturer, he smiled and told me no. WHAT A $#@!ING JOKE!
    "I hate you, you, and especially you and hope that all the bad things in life happen to you and only you!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DreX Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't give any confidence when the engineers can't find a solution fora long going problem. I believe they should out source the fix. lol its some what funny, all the German engineering being so highly praised and the car let you stranded any time. Like early Hyundais.

This is my 1st bimmer and honestly, I believe it will he the last one. I might try audi next time.
    Drex I'm with you. This will more than likely be my last BMW, I really wanted a 1M but not willing to deal w/ the headache of fuel pump issues or the ridiculous mark up some dealers will inevitably charge. I came from an STi and had none of these BS issues. When I brought my car in for service non of the service advisors hassled me or flagged my car. In out simple.

All BMW has to do is issue a recall, switch fuel manufacturers and get on with. But instead they would rather their customers continue going through this because for them saving a few bucks on $#@!ty pump is worth it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I definitely agree with you that BMW just doesn't really care. They care more about trying to flag your car and getting out of paying for it than fixing it.

If this gets big enough they will do something but for now, it is just new pumps that still seem to have issues. I really honestly don't get why this isn't a top priority.
    They just don't give a $#@! because no one has taken legal action against them. Honestly I wanna gather some 1 series owners and consult an attorney about a possible class action lawsuit. This is ridiculous. If this was a Hyundai or Ford Focus I wouldn't say anything because you get what you pay for, but people are paying 40k for these cars because of their perceived quality and reputation. All BMW cares about is worming their way out of having to deal with this issue. If people were going out blowing their motors and trying to get BMW to warranty it, then fine deny them, but if its a factory defect step up to the plate and take care of the problem. Part of the price of the car is the maintainence, but now it seems like you have to jump through hoops before you can get your car running the way its supposed to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I suspect that this has alot to do with decisions on the dealer level. We have a small dealer here, and my car was showing an SES light (no long cranks, nothing) and the pump was replaced (fuel plausibility code). The case was opened with BMW and everything was done in one day (no joke.). So, I belive that there is either pressure on the dealers by BMWNA or the dealers are just getting cocky.

The thing is (I assume so) that we like BMW enough to want them to fix this problem without compensation or nothing, yet all they seem to care about is profit margins. I know that this was not the case with bmw before, and they actually gave a damn.

Alot of us may or may not be tuned, and BMW may feel that this is causing problems, and that may validate their case for being hard-asses on this topic but hey... I would wish that they look at FORD for inspiration... factory supercharger kit for the 5.0? with warranty? adding 100+ hp? maybe our turn is coming!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alq80 Click here to enlarge
    I would wish that they look at FORD for inspiration... factory supercharger kit for the 5.0? with warranty? adding 100+ hp? maybe our turn is coming!
    +103840184038 billion

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Haha I know you'd love for BMW to offer something similar. The way we see it makes perfect sense... Motor is capable and boundaries should be explored...

I have a feeling that times are changing and soon these things will be offered by the likes of BMW!
    Click here to enlarge
    Current:
    2010 CTS-V Sedan

Previous:
    2007 e92 335i