Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Have any of you experienced a motor failure due to meth?

As of yesterday I purchased a 2007 335i coupe which I am super excited about. The coupe has low miles (21K) and it is certified so I plan on taking advantage of the warranty whenever needed. That is why I am not going to put any mods that I cannot easily remove such as downpipes etc.

In order to get the most out of my car along with my intake and JB3 program I am considering meth. For whatever reason this makes me nervous!!! I have done a lot of research and even talked to the guys at Burger Tuning and everybody is telling me that meth is safe. Is this completely true? Are there any dangers other than flammability when this mod is in use?

Thanks a ton!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    JB3 and Meth are the best and cheapest price performance mods you can buy.
    Just dont run 100% meth, you will be fine, most go with 50/50 or even 70/30 mix meth/water. even 100% meth is ok every now and then, but reserved for seriosu track days as it is flammable.

No failures due to meth that I know of.

FYI, I run meth daily, its cheap, its easy, and it works. You will love it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea,
    No failures at all.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    it will happen. do not weep.
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    "It will happen"????? I'm a bit confused!!!!!

It seems as if meth is pretty safe but the whole idea is pretty scary. I have seen several youtube tutorials on how to install meth kits on 335i's and I do not like how the boost/flow gauges are placed. Is there a nicer way for them to be mounted to make it more stealth and a cleaner install. The ones I have seen are mounted on the steering column and has a bunch of wires running behind the instrument panel..... a bit unattractive in my opinion and does not look like professional install.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    mines in my glovebox.

FormerBoostedIS has his custom mounted in the ashtray, i think its him anyway.. very trick.. meth wont hurt anything

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just read up a full install of a Snow Performance stage 3 meth kit. Good God!!!! It seems so clean and simple and yet so complicated!!!! That would be awesome if someone in the North Carolina area who has done an install before would help me! $$ will be involved of course!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Meth is pretty safe in this application because the dynamic timing system is very fast to respond to the over advanced conditions that would crop up if say your meth cut out during a run. But play it extra safe and use a hardwire/flow sensor based control system. Like the CMGS/JB3 setup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This engine begs for meth.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

Other people eat shit and die.

I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crash32 Click here to enlarge
    "It will happen"????? I'm a bit confused!!!!!
    Don't pay attention to that, he's just typing to type.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Don't pay attention to that, he's just typing to type.
    No engines will fail with use. They wear out. Now meth helps bring up octane, and helps with cooling motors like that.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you cant blow an engine up using meth, its not possible. If you blow the engine up, its due to the tuning or pushing the engine beyond what it can do, etc. You can hydrolock an engine with meth, its rare but can happen if you dont have the correct safety parts in a kit such as checkvalve or solenoid and flow display. One of the reason Terry carries our kits is the fact it has the flow display that tells when its flowing, when its not and comes with all of the safety valves standard. Its important to have it setup correct.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    you cant blow an engine up using meth, its not possible. If you blow the engine up, its due to the tuning or pushing the engine beyond what it can do, etc. You can hydrolock an engine with meth, its rare but can happen if you dont have the correct safety parts in a kit such as checkvalve or solenoid and flow display. One of the reason Terry carries our kits is the fact it has the flow display that tells when its flowing, when its not and comes with all of the safety valves standard. Its important to have it setup correct.

CM
    I agree. I also have a coolingmist.com kit on my car. Its a good kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    +1000 coolingmistClick here to enlarge

3 weeks since my kit vc2

and it is foolish in mapa9Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When going in for service or a warranty claim at BMW..... what is the process of removing the meth kit? I am assuming that you would have to remove the meth hose completely...... all the way from the engine compartment to the rear. This sounds like a gigantic pain. And of course change the coolingmist elbow, to the factory elbow. Anything else?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    if they find out you have modded it you will weep

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When going in for service or a warranty claim at BMW..... what is the process of removing the meth kit? I am assuming that you would have to remove the meth hose completely...... all the way from the engine compartment to the rear. This sounds like a gigantic pain. And of course change the coolingmist elbow, to the factory elbow. Anything else?
    I run the CMGS FS kit with the 1.5 gallon trunkmount tank on my personal car (135 I). This is specific to that kit but can give you an idea. The CMGS FS is a boost gauge as well as a controller so when I went into service I left the gauge there. Nobody will know otherwise. The VC2 version of the kit mounts to the trunkmount tank so it removes easy with the tank.

With the trunkmount tank, the pump mounts in the tank, the flow sensor and checkvalve are inline about a foot a way. So what I did was disconnect the power connects to the pump and ground and pull the hose off the fitting. From there just remove the tank. The pump is attached to the tank and if you have the VC2 controller it is attached as well. The hose and wiring in the trunk just gets put under the seat (making sure you tape over the exposed electrical connections so they dont short). Everything else is hidden. In the engine bay I remove the nozzle and push the hose down under and put the factor elbow back on.

I dont have experience with other brand kits so you can ask others about that.

CM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by coolingmist Click here to enlarge
    I run the CMGS FS kit with the 1.5 gallon trunkmount tank on my personal car (135 I). This is specific to that kit but can give you an idea. The CMGS FS is a boost gauge as well as a controller so when I went into service I left the gauge there. Nobody will know otherwise. The VC2 version of the kit mounts to the trunkmount tank so it removes easy with the tank.

With the trunkmount tank, the pump mounts in the tank, the flow sensor and checkvalve are inline about a foot a way. So what I did was disconnect the power connects to the pump and ground and pull the hose off the fitting. From there just remove the tank. The pump is attached to the tank and if you have the VC2 controller it is attached as well. The hose and wiring in the trunk just gets put under the seat (making sure you tape over the exposed electrical connections so they dont short). Everything else is hidden. In the engine bay I remove the nozzle and push the hose down under and put the factor elbow back on.

I dont have experience with other brand kits so you can ask others about that.

CM
    Any dyno sheets?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes.... I will weep if they find out I am modded which is why I have this wonderful network of bimmerboosters to help me out!!!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yes.... I will weep if they find out I am modded which is why I have this wonderful network of bimmerboosters to help me out!!!!
    Correct it is a network that needs humans to be able to interact with each other without the involvement of points. You will have to remove anything that doesnt look factory before bringing the car to the dealership. Its a hard balance to pull off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Also, a slightly off the topic question.

With increased levels of boost I understand that it becomes harder to keep the air cool that is being forced into the engine which is why people are getting larger intercoolers (at least this is my understanding). With the meth kit, my engine will run cooler. Will this help with the fact that I will be running the factory IC or is the air temperature that is being forced into the cylinders completely separate from engine temp?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    you will be limited with the stock intercooler. i wouldnt go pushing past what the tuner suggests for the psi you are running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When people say blow up on meth what they mean is they tuned for say 115 octane and then one day the meth didn't turn on, the tuning was still set for 115 octane, and it massively detonated. Not likely on the n54 but use the hardwire safety just to be extra safe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GG///M3 Click here to enlarge
    Any dyno sheets?
    since we are the manufacturer of the kit, I dont dyno my own car and parade it around. You can look around, I am sure you can find some on n54 tech as I have seen a few.

David

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I can help! I have a DO kit installed, Its clean... Ill be glad to show you.. I am in the raleigh area but I will travel for a fellow BMW booster...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast