Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Exclamation Vishnu PROcede Command Center

Didn't see it posted over here yet, so thought I'd share the info. I've been testing this for a couple days and it works exactly as advertised. The implementation is awesome, and the potential is HUGE with many more features coming soon - the surface has just barely been scratched with this Click here to enlarge

Hi guys,
    As some of you know, we keep pretty busy here with innovation. We think you guys will like this new update and all the new stuff yet to come of it. This free firmware update should be posted up for public download by Monday or Tuesday. In the meantime, I'll be sending it out to some beta folks tonight.

Please excuse the production quality of this video. First time using iMovie and I'm a terrible public speaker And also ignore the revving engine at 1:18. It's from a neighbor's Ducati. I could only wish the n54 sounded like that!

This reference guide will be updated as we add new features/functionality. But right off the bat, it's got some pretty useful stuff. Don't be surprised if we eventually have 8 modes with 20+ commands in each.

Click here to enlarge

Summary:
    We we did was re-vamp the way you control your Procede tune/tune options. And we did it with a simple intuitive (and very upgradeable) interface that doesn't require the use of a laptop computer. And instead of having random button pressing sequences that you need to remember, you will now only need to keep a reference guide handy and use the cruise control stalk/button and steering wheel volume buttons to navigate through the wealth of new features/options. These new features include include various useful adaption reset commands, in-dash gauge display calibration options, and new mapswitching functionality.

Details:
    The Vishnu Command Center only works with the ignition ON but engine not running. To enable the Command Center, simply pull the cruise control stalk fully towards you (2 clicks) and hold for 1 second. Immediately, your tachometer will show 1000rpm or Mode 1. To go to different modes, simply push or pull the stalk (1 click). Mode 2, 3, etc,. will be represented by 2000, 3000, etc,. on the tach, respectively.

Within each mode, there are a number of commands as listed in the reference guide (see attached). To select the desired command, simply bump the cruise control stalk up or down. The active command is represented by KPH in the speedometer. Command 1, 2, 3, etc,. is represented by 10KPH, 20KPH, 30KPH, etc,. To execute the selected command, simply press the button on the cruise control stalk. When you do this, the in-dash turn signal indicators will light up for a moment. This indicates that the command was sent successfully.

Currently, most of the commands are simply "one shot" commands which require nothing more than pressing the button on the cruise control stalk to execute. The only current exception is the the 2-Stage Shift-Light RPM Adjust command which allows the user to adjust it to their liking. Upon executing the Shift-Light RPM adjust command (with cruise control stalk button), the tach will display 8000RPM which is the default Shift-Light RPM value (effectively OFF). To adjust the RPM value, simply use the volume up/down buttons on the steering wheel. The RPM value is adjustable between 5000RPM and 8000RPM in 100RPM increments. In future updates we, well add more settings. And more of them will be adjustable like this one.

To exit out of the Vishnu Command Center simple start the engine or push the cruise control stalk forward 2 clicks.

In summary, with this new update you can use the Vishnu Command Center do the following:
    Adjust a 2-Stage Shift-Light RPM
    Select in-dash Gauge Calibration
    Select in-dash Gauge Display Options
    DME Code Read
    DME Code Clear
    DME Reset
    Throttle Adaption Reset
    Lambda Adaption Reset
    AFR Adaption Reset
    Battery Adaption Reset
    Knock Adaption Reset
    Octane Adaption Reset
    VANOS Adaption Reset
    VVT Adaption Reset
    6AT Trans Adaption Reset
    Transport Mode On (4500RPM rev limit)
    Transport Mode Off (7000RPM rev limit)
    ... with much more to come soon.

It's also worth mentioning that you can now switch between maps using the Cruise Control Stalk. All you need to do is bump and hold (for 1 second) the cruise control stalk up or down. Pushing it up will increase the map # selection. Dropping it down will lower it. The advantage of this mapswitching method (compared to the still-active DTC double-click method) is that it doesn't have the potential interfere with your current DCT setting.
    Last edited by jpsimon; 09-07-2010 at 03:09 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

It's cool to see tuners using the entire CAN. I never realized tunes were going to come this far, and I'm impressed.

And I thought using an electronic boost controller and EPROM chip was cool.........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

This does seem pretty cool.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    It's cool but it seems like somewhat of a novelty to me personally. I am of the camp that something with more than a couple of buttons and two analog dials should be used to change these settings aka a computer.

I do know there are people that don't want to ever run a USB cable or turn on a computer to adjust their tune but then again these same people probably won't need to adjust over 160+ settings.

Give me some common settings (or let me customize/macro settings) that I find that I use on a daily basis and give those to me through this interface. That way i just need to memorize 4-6 commands, not pull out a grid with over 160+ commands.

But again, different strokes for different folks i guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Having the option to adjust/reset many things without the computer is far from novelty in my opinion. You can always do it the old way with the computer, but for a lot of things this will be extremely useful on-the-go when you don't have/don't want to pack the computer.

different strokes as you say, but just having the option is great and it will become very powerful as a lot more customizable things are added.
    Last edited by jpsimon; 09-07-2010 at 05:39 PM.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I agree that in a few situations this could be handy and that's why it doesn't need to have 160+ options. Give me a dozen or less and make them customizable. This has the advantage of giving you the best of both worlds without a large grid of features that will never be used or extra "modes" to stuff in features that 90% of the time you either won't change or change once.

Maybe you can have mode 0 or mode 1 be a customizable menu of the users choice. With any UI design making it predictable and easy to use will benefit your users, you can give them too much.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nemith Click here to enlarge
    It's cool but it seems like somewhat of a novelty to me personally. I am of the camp that something with more than a couple of buttons and two analog dials should be used to change these settings aka a computer.

I do know there are people that don't want to ever run a USB cable or turn on a computer to adjust their tune but then again these same people probably won't need to adjust over 160+ settings.

Give me some common settings (or let me customize/macro settings) that I find that I use on a daily basis and give those to me through this interface. That way i just need to memorize 4-6 commands, not pull out a grid with over 160+ commands.

But again, different strokes for different folks i guess.
    You raise a good point.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

It seems kinda cool but damn thats a lot of features. I think 90% of users won't touch or need half the novelties listed there but if you want to play with your car all day long then go for it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"You spin round baby round round, like a record baby round, round, round, round."

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

What I did to help me keep track of all this stuff is save the command as a jpeg image and save it to my iPhone so whenever I need to know what does what I just look at my iPhone.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^ great idea
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lamia2super Click here to enlarge
    What I did to help me keep track of all this stuff is save the command as a jpeg image and save it to my iPhone so whenever I need to know what does what I just look at my iPhone.
    Do that while your driving and you are increasing the risk of getting in an accident while taking your eyes off the road.

*hunts through phone pictures* now what was that IAT command again-*CRASH*

Sorry I had to throw a whiney comment in there LOL

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MattCamber-Toe Click here to enlarge
    Do that while your driving and you are increasing the risk of getting in an accident while taking your eyes off the road.

*hunts through phone pictures* now what was that IAT command again-*CRASH*

Sorry I had to throw a whiney comment in there LOL
    Which is why this feature is active only wheen roadspeed is equal to 0mph and engine not running.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Which is why this feature is active only wheen roadspeed is equal to 0mph and engine not running.
    No that is because you can't stop the cruise control stick from also running the cruise control system. We have the same problem with the steering wheel controls if they leave the stereo on while making selections. Those buttons still change the radio stations and/or volume. I figured it was still better than cruise as they could use while in motion (by turning radio off first) but definitely can be further improved. Work continues! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry
    No that is because you can't stop the cruise control stick from also running the cruise control system. We have the same problem with the steering wheel controls if they leave the stereo on while making selections. Those buttons still change the radio stations and/or volume. I figured it was still better than cruise as they could use while in motion (by turning radio off first) but definitely can be further improved. Work continues! Click here to enlarge
    We had a different Command Center activation trigger at first. Interestingly enough, it was holding both volume/tune up buttons at the same time as some early tests will attest to. But, for liability reasons, we decided to make it so that it wouldn't work if roadspeed was greater than 0. I didn't like the idea of users losing the speedometer function while drive. And since we did that, we moved it to the cruise control stalk pull command since it doesn't do anything when the engine isn't running. And it's pretty intuitive to boot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^ makes complete sense to have a system like this only work when @ 0 mph. While under driving conditions, I assume everything works like normal ? and by everything i mean all cruise control functions.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    (x 7 days and no reply)...Don't worry Got PSI, He'll respond when he feels like you are important enough
    Last edited by encinitas; 09-20-2010 at 09:20 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by encinitas Click here to enlarge
    (x 7 days and no reply)...Don't worry Got PSI, He'll respond when he feels like you are important enough
    lol actually, I'll respond when I see his question. Deep breathe!

GotPsi-- yep... all the cruise control features still work when the car is moving. Btw, i'll be back in Miami before the end of the year. Hope to see ya again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

^ awesome. Definitely worth the firmware update.

What will you becoming down for? working with ASR ? let me know when you're coming this way !
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    U See how easy getting back to somebody is? You're on the right track now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Got PSI Click here to enlarge
    ^ awesome. Definitely worth the firmware update.

What will you becoming down for? working with ASR ? let me know when you're coming this way !
    Yes there is some work with ASR in the pipeline. Should be coming down towards the end of the year so that weather isn't as obnoxious as it was when i was down there last!