Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    damn great noise have you heard the Z's they sound wicked also and they are 6 cylinders

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Stock E9x M3 exhaust setup sounds like $#@!. You can hardly hear the exhaust at all. No comparison to lovely V8 sounds like a Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo. The italians got it right. That's how a V8 should sound. A F458 will turn heads around a mile before it even gets there.
    Yes but it's an M3. Therefor it will always be better than anything else (in particular a straight six with turbochargers, although BMW had one like that decades ago) for Sticky.

Of course if I'd like a slow but nice-sounding V8 I would rather drive a Maserati anyway, and not an E9x M3.

Alpina_B3_Lux
    Current: Audi R8 V10 2013 S-Tronic, daytona grey, carbon side blades, MTM tune, Michelin PSS tires, Capristo x-pipe
    Gone: Audi R8 V10 2010 manual, ice silver, grey side blades, MTM tune, MTM air filters, Michelin PSS tires
    Gone: BMW 335i Individual (Íhlins, PFC brakes, RB turbos etc.)

Gone: Alpina B3 E46 3,3

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    honestly who gives a $#@!. The old V10 M5 sounds like sex and the new TT V8 is average sounding. But this isn't a concert, it's an M Car and the new TT V8 $#@!s all over the old V10. PERIOD. Get over it M fanboys, turbo motors are here to stay and the F82 M4 is going to smash the e92 M3. PERIOD.
    I give a $#@! and the exhaust sound is part of the experience. Like an F430 without a flat-plane crank would be the same.

Oh a new generation car is going to be faster than the old one? Oh how surprising. Will it be a better car to drive though? The F10 M5 isn't...

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by whoosh Click here to enlarge
    Maybe this test session was all about low end torque, transmission programs, or whatever else that would make them drive around shifting early.
    Really now? "Hey hit the ring WOT but let's test low end torque so keep revs around 4k." Right...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    Shouldn't the comparison videos at least been with a stock s65 exhaust care, if not of the s65 m3 testing around the 'ring. Not saying it would change opinions but it would be the most fair.
    No, because the S65 is glorious and should be heard. The S55 is limited because it is not on the market and you have what you have to work with. The E92 video is a compilation showing what it is capable of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Why are we comparing a video of a stock test mule with questionable sound recording equipment to a production e92 m3 with a aftermarket exhaust? We get it, the v8 sounds great....so does a 350z.

This car will smash the stock v8 m3, in fact I bet the m2 will too
    Do you have a video of the F80 M3 recorded with high quality audio equipment and various aftermarket exhausts? If you did, would it sound like the S65 V8?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Autobahn335i Click here to enlarge
    Stock E9x M3 exhaust setup sounds like $#@!. You can hardly hear the exhaust at all. No comparison to lovely V8 sounds like a Ferrari, Maserati, Lambo. The italians got it right. That's how a V8 should sound. A F458 will turn heads around a mile before it even gets there.
    You must have been wearing ear plugs. You can hardly hear it? Um, ok. Sounds like $#@!? That would be the F10 M5 that needs fake exhaust sounds.

You think N54 cars are better than the M3 though so we know where you stand but you are just being blatantly blind with this post. S65 sounds like $#@!, dumbest comment of the year. Absolutely idiotic, did you type that with a straight face?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Parents used to have a Maserati Quattroporte with Tubi mufflers. Car sounded unreal. I don't think an S65 can come close to Ferrari's motors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fb2YQRuWol4
    Sounds like a children's toy compared to my car. Come close? L O L

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    x2 ... all thought s65 will prob still sound better but thats not really atop anyones list of deal breakers who are shopping new cars
    Prob? Not probably, it will and does. Same with the S85 versus the F10 we know what that comparison is like stock, aftermarket, whatever.

It's a deal breaker for me. What a Ferrari sounds like for example or a Porsche GT3 is part of the experience and how it makes you feel while driving. Some of you might as well put on a CD With formula 1 sounds or don't even worry about BMW will do it for you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Alpina_B3_Lux Click here to enlarge
    Of course if I'd like a slow but nice-sounding V8 I would rather drive a Maserati anyway, and not an E9x M3.
    You enjoy your slow heavy car. If you wanted a faster and lighter plus higher revving car and enjoyed driving you would get the M3. Take a look at my sig. You were saying something about being slow? That would be what you currently drive. Which will never get close. Neither will a Maserati.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do you have a video of the F80 M3 recorded with high quality audio equipment and various aftermarket exhausts? If you did, would it sound like the S65 V8?
    No I don't, no one does, so why do a half ass comparison?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Prob? Not probably, it will and does. Same with the S85 versus the F10 we know what that comparison is like stock, aftermarket, whatever.

It's a deal breaker for me. What a Ferrari sounds like for example or a Porsche GT3 is part of the experience and how it makes you feel while driving. Some of you might as well put on a CD With formula 1 sounds or don't even worry about BMW will do it for you.
    Why did you buy a e46 m3 then? That car was criticized for a poor exhaust note at the time (tingy, metallic sound) but people eventually got used to it. Didn't bother you though when you bought one...hmmm
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why did you buy a e46 m3 then? That car was criticized for a poor exhaust note at the time (tingy, metallic sound) but people eventually got used to it. Didn't bother you though when you bought one...hmmm
    People didn't get use to anything. The raspy high revving S54 is awesome. One of bmw's most unique engine notes ever.

There is absolutely nothing special about the exhaust in the test video. Same with the F10 M5. Maybe bmw needs to take some lessons from amg on how to make turbo engines sounds good.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    People didn't get use to anything. The raspy high revving S54 is awesome. One of bmw's most unique engine notes ever.

There is absolutely nothing special about the exhaust in the test video. Same with the F10 M5. Maybe bmw needs to take some lessons from amg on how to make turbo engines sounds good.
    Say what you may, but the "critics" at the time said the e46 m3 exhaust note was lacking...My point is, that didn't hurt sales

I guess I'm just frustrated at the constant barrage of articles/posts on engine sound on this forum...as if that makes the new m models total failures
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How's it a half ass comparison to use what is available and preview the exhaust note of an upcoming car that features a major engine change from past generations of the same car? Huh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bc it's a biased comparison...

It's like comparing a tuned e92 335 to a Stock f80 335 and complaining the power isn't the same
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The n54/n55 sound pretty good imo.. It's true the the stock e9x m3 exhaust leaves a lot to be desired. And of course if you throw a full exhaust on the car it sounds amazing. That is almost the case with 99% of all the cars out there. But I wouldn't down play the f80 till it's on the market and we get better exhaust videos

stock n55

stock n54

vs

stock s65
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The E46 M3 exhaust note is awesome not sure what you're talking about. I would seek out tunnels on purpose just to hear it, sounded amazing.

Sounds a hell of a lot better than the N55 will, or any N54, or turbo anything from BMW:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Bc it's a biased comparison...

It's like comparing a tuned e92 335 to a f80 335 and complaining the power isn't the same
    Power has nothing to do with it. It's not biased that I can't do an aftermarket exhaust comparison for you when no aftermarket exhausts exist for an upcoming car. All you are doing is diverting attention and skirting the issue which is the crappy exhaust note of new cars.

It sounds like crap compared to NA M motors I don't know what to tell you. The F10 versus E60 comparison already illustrated it. Sorry, deal with it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    It's true the the stock e9x m3 exhaust leaves a lot to be desired.
    That would be the stock N54 exhaust. There is no comparison between the two it's a joke to even make your argument. N54 and N55 sound pretty good? Seriously?

Yet another stock M3 exhaust:

And the M3 also has an exhaust option from the factory.

Wow some of your are blind fanboys. Bu bu bu bu bu butt it's turbo! Bu bu bu bu bu bu bu butt it's stock! It sounds like $#@!.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    This. Its a retarded comparison but not unexpected as sticky has a crusade going against M in a misplaced anger for his 3 year build. For his next trick he will call the F80 slow in a comparison to boosted and tuned E92's lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Power has nothing to do with it. It's not biased that I can't do an aftermarket exhaust comparison for you when no aftermarket exhausts exist for an upcoming car. All you are doing is diverting attention and skirting the issue which is the crappy exhaust note of new cars.

It sounds like crap compared to NA M motors I don't know what to tell you. The F10 versus E60 comparison already illustrated it. Sorry, deal with it.
    I'm not saying power has anything to do with it, I'm saying a stock "something" can't be compared to a aftermarket "something" it just makes no sense! Get it? My 335 analogy was just that, a analogy.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jimefam Click here to enlarge
    This. Its a retarded comparison but not unexpected as sticky has a crusade going against M in a misplaced anger for his 3 year build. For his next trick he will call the F80 slow in a comparison to boosted and tuned E92's lol.
    All you have to do is listen to the exhaust note. It is what it is. The M division sold out deal with it.

Enjoy your Nissan.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not saying power has anything to do with it, I'm saying a stock "something" can't be compared to a aftermarket "something" it just makes no sense! Get it? My 335 analogy was just that, a analogy.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IMO there is nothing special about the n54's exhaust note with stock exhaust... the 335is' sound 10x better and I am assuming the M division will design a respectable exhaust system with a respectable note for the m3/4

But its hard to compare a v8 vs v6 in exhaust note bc they are drastically different...

r32 v6 golf, 350z g35, fx35 (fx35's longer maybe? is the best sounding vq35), e46 M3, all sound much nicer than our motor, but they are NA so again that's hard to compare.

but i bet when its all done the new m3/4 will def sound better than our n54s...

also, 135is put out a much nicer note than the 335 as well... stock and modded... the dual on the n54 brings on some raspiness that isnt all that sexy..

Drove my friends TTRS the other day , that car has a SEXY sound to it... cant get over the looks but that car impressed me in many ways... modified its gotta sound wonderful
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast