Close

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Congrats! Excellent work!

So basically, we have achieved what I've been talking about back in 2009! Except that at that time, there was no Cobb and people had their heads buried way deep in their asses over at E90 to even attempt to understand what I was on about. In the end, flash tuning is the way to go and it is vastly superior.

Now, in the next few months I predict that we will see a situation where people will begin to experiment quite a lot more with their own maps. We FINALLY have the ability to compare different tuners as the playing field levels out.

I want to see how the flash maps from Terry, Shiv, Cobb and PTF will stack up. This is true tuner war. This is true tuning competition in my mind.

Vasil
    From all the things I've lost,
    I miss my mind the most!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Very impressive work to all of you who were involved!
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Nice job to all those involved. I wanted to help but had too many real life issues to deal with. I can say by the level of discussion I saw earlier on, that I am in no way surprised it happened this fast. Maybe I can still contribute once source is hosted to get it ported to run on every single platform available. I'm looking at android, iOS, and windows phone plus linux if I can actually get my personal $#@! squared away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow, thankfully I waited. Great job guys that was quick! I can't wait to experiment with this.
    I have a feeling my productivity at work is going to go down.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for all the work.

If there is anything I can help with let me know (not sure what this software is written in).

When will all this be rolled out?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I can't in all honesty comprehend why e90post goes through so much hassle for Shivs $179 a month in sponsor fees.
    Speaking of which for some reason it doesn't show Shiv is a sponsor anymore on e90......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mave198 Click here to enlarge
    Speaking of which for some reason it doesn't show Shiv is a sponsor anymore on e90......

probably his month expired. he just has to pay his bill.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Sounds right. But you forgot step 3. PROFIT! Wait, this software doesn't have that step. Click here to enlarge
    Any gain for free is a profit Terry! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    awesome work guys!!

lol

Click here to enlarge
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

well... at least get the name right lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    well... at least get the name right lol
    lol + 1

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    lol + 1

Click here to enlarge
    lolol My bad.. surprisingly a few responded before the thread was trashed!
    08 328i, totaled by women driver
    07 335i, lots of mods.
    Now- 14 Focus ST
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Shiv will soon turn his marketing towards the tablet "features". That will be his only selling point down the road.

It won't be long before he says, "the tablet does this...this...this and the open source flash doesn't."

You know Shiv he will find a way to poo on the true open source project.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Shiv will soon turn his marketing towards the tablet "features". That will be his only selling point down the road.

It won't be long before he says, "the tablet does this...this...this and the open source flash doesn't."

He will never have an upperhand, except for preaching coding 'expertise'. Thats all he can grabble onto. Because since its open source, anyone can go buy the Alientech tablet and port the code over to it or any other hand held (Android?) and do every single thing that the other tablet can.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    He will never have an upperhand, except for preaching coding 'expertise'. Thats all he can grabble onto. Because since its open source, anyone can go buy the Alientech tablet and port the code over to it or any other hand held (Android?) and do every single thing that the other tablet can.
    In terms of features the JB4 is the ultimate companion tool... Click here to enlarge But for someone looking for an OBDII only dash display I recently redesigned our CAN Tool software. It's pretty good now. Offers in dash gauges (timing, boost, AFR, IAT, shift light, etc), and can be left plugged in full time in such a way that it's almost invisible. Nifty device. And of course for those who just want logging and diagnostics it doesn't get any better than a real BT cable.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge

Well done guys!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what kind of deal can you give us on a new BT cable @Terry@BMS? Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    So what kind of deal can you give us on a new BT cable @Terry@BMS? Click here to enlarge
    I need to have a discussion with BT on how their cable is being hjacked now, their thoughts on it, and whether they want to open up sales of single license versions for those who might want to also use their awesome datalogging. Once I make that call I'll post an update.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Wow I expected this to take months, if done at all! Nicely done. And thx starting thread before I handed Shiv my $$, something I didnt want to do!

I cant code but how can I contribute monetarily to this project? maybe $150 or so? Interested in seeing a JB4 backend flash for 100% ethanol for my FBO + meth car. I have a cheap cable off ebay already. Hopefully same one as used for the Alpina flash works for this?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Few comments..
    #1 , when will source be available? What language? The prelim stuff I saw was talking about C# .Net, which would be great since VS 2012 Express is free for use with open source projects.

#2 , If you don't want to use TunerPro, RomRaider is Opensource (Java) and can probably be used as a tuning tool for any raw BIN. You just need the definition files. If you have XDF for the map locations and data formatting they can probably be transformed into RomRaider XML definition. I'd sooner port it over to C#, though.

#3 , yes it should be possible to reprogram the logic in the ECU to use a single O2, add two-step, change MAF to speed density (well, N54 isn't MAF, but you get the idea) etc. I may be interested in working on that type of stuff myself. I picked up a few of the raw files that were posted and started disassembling it... It's very tough work, though, so don't hold your breath. Something like a single O2 might be as simple and changing a few references to the rear O2 sensors to read from the front O2 sensor. The trick is finding that stuff in the code, and making sure you get all of them, and don't leave stuff like the heater circuit code in that will still throw a CEL.

#4 , good code is generally NOT commented! I only saw some of the preliminary talks but it sounds like Visual Studio and C# were primarily discussed, which means we could implement nUnit and a coding standard template, for instance. One trick with open source is keeping it neat and clean.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great work guys. This is how open source should be done. Kudos!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whoa, this is compatible with BT cable?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Whoops one last question, which open source license are you going with? GPL? MIT? I'd probably suggest GPL v3... It is fairly copyleft and probably best matches the spirit of what I believe you're trying to do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Whoa, this is compatible with BT cable?
    Sure is. I flashed my car with a BT cable this morning.
    Single Turbo E92 BMW 335i | My YouTube channel
    Click here to enlarge
    If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn....... Then, you have enough horsepower.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, just curious, but what was the main reason behind designing this around the BT cable? Not complaining, just genuinely curious. You'd still be heroes even if you used $1000 gold stranded kimberkable.

Were the cheaper inpa/winkfp cables too inconsistent? Are they missing certain hardware? FTDI and ATMEL chips too difficult to code for (at the moment)? It is just difficult for a layman such as myself to wrap my head around it since people have been using them (the cheaper cables) to flash modules for a while now, although i'm not sure if many have successfully flashed the DME with repeatability.

Thanks

edit: sorry if this was answered already
    Last edited by tofu; 07-22-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 38 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast