Close

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Loaded an ILA0S 335is file today and the car starts/runs normally but it somehow knows it's not running on a 335is and locks itself to zero boost. The potential is there anyway with the right edits. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Loaded an ILA0S 335is file today and the car starts/runs normally but it somehow knows it's not running on a 335is and locks itself to zero boost. The potential is there anyway with the right edits. Click here to enlarge
    Its probably seeing something in the vehicle order. The source can be modified to read that out. However writing the VO incorrectly can lead to brick.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BT gave the go ahead and will be listing the 1VIN cables on their site for $179 at some point in the near future. Click here to enlarge
    You are the man! Thanks
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Its probably seeing something in the vehicle order. The source can be modified to read that out. However writing the VO incorrectly can lead to brick.
    Yes I'm still in the "exploring the options" stages. Up next I want to read out a PPK MSD81 flash.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes I'm still in the "exploring the options" stages. Up next I want to read out a PPK MSD81 flash.
    Speaking of that, aren't there two versions of that?
    Click here to enlarge
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone needs to readout dinan to see what the addresses are for the water pump DC tables, i've always wanted to remap that.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Someone needs to readout dinan to see what the addresses are for the water pump DC tables, i've always wanted to remap that.
    Renntech does this as well. Also interested.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Speaking of that, aren't there two versions of that?
    That I don't know. Could be.

I think Dinan, GIAC, et al. lock the read out process. So we'll respect their privacy.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ, do you have a BT cable? Click here to enlarge
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    He's on COBB now Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes I do...loaned it to a local here to test out the BMS flash using the BB OSF. I have another cable coming in that is suppose to be equal to the BT cable. Will test it with the BB OSF when I get it and let everyone know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm just waiting to load one of shiv's ots maps for my bone stock car. Hopefully it won't be long.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Even if you read dinan this wont tell you anything... It depends on the xdf file. Check Shivs video how to for finding diagnostics and itll give good understanding. I can locate the defined tables no prob that follow the x, y, table matrix that are already defined. Once you get the hang of that and reading hex you can potentially find others. You'd search for an undefined table with load axis and celcius water temps.
    - the hex is backwards so for example 1000 = 03e8 = e803 in BIN
    - there are no decimals so youd have a multiplier. For example timing is in 0.5deg increments so the HEX values are x2.
    - load is x100

i just started looking at this today, never reading hex and a total puter donk. More eyes on this we can make progress. Im not sure how to add to the xdf yet though, but think its pretty simple with TP.

A good start would be locating the know tables in hex (highlight them) so everyone is only looking at undefined areas.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    i just started looking at this today, never reading hex and a total puter donk.

This is what I can say about hex. Its a lot easier to read than decimal, but only once you're eyes adjust to it and you've put enough time in remembering what the values mean.

You can do 'Hex Flash cards" lol. Tell me what FF is? What about 0D? B9? H2? Gotcha!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting... i suspect some purely flash guys (non cobb) wanting to go for big power are going to be very frustrated...
    On that note now that the flash is being read/written and some basic XDF files with table locations have been defined - has anyone loaded up the rom into IDA pro and started working on disassembly? Seems there are a lot of questions about what this table does or how that function works. We wont know for sure until the logic has been reverse engineered.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting... i suspect some purely flash guys (non cobb) wanting to go for big power are going to be very frustrated...
    FWIW, until someone gets into rewriting the HEX then everyone running the open source flash is going to be capped at the 18.5psi boost limit...
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    FWIW, until someone gets into rewriting the HEX then everyone running the open source flash is going to be capped at the 18.5psi boost limit...
    seems there is some elegance to the stacked jb4+flash setup, cant wait until there is a beta BMS backend BB flash for the JB4 on heavy E85 mixes...
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boost junkie Click here to enlarge
    On that note now that the flash is being read/written and some basic XDF files with table locations have been defined - has anyone loaded up the rom into IDA pro and started working on disassembly? Seems there are a lot of questions about what this table does or how that function works. We wont know for sure until the logic has been reverse engineered.
    John? Did you just join the forum?
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    you're capped at that boost level anyway if you have a 6AT. boosa doesnt work properly on anything but 6MT. its not available for the 335is/1M as far as I know.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is what I can say about hex. Its a lot easier to read than decimal, but only once you're eyes adjust to it and you've put enough time in remembering what the values mean.

You can do 'Hex Flash cards" lol. Tell me what FF is? What about 0D? B9? H2? Gotcha!
    I don't understand why we can't just convert to decimal... I know it doesn't translate exactly, but the table sections do (so far). Each 2 bytes = decimal # and thus much easier to view for non-hex, puter person. Can we convert for viewing pleasure?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^^ nevermind, I'm starting to understand why. The headers (x, y) are 2 bytes, but table values can be 1 byte for many tables.

EDIT: but still you can convert based on 2 bytes to find table x, y potentially and then convert each of the following bytes. So highlight a specific section and convert. Just thinking out loud.
    Last edited by JoshBoody; 08-06-2013 at 12:29 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    ^^^ nevermind, I'm starting to understand why. The headers (x, y) are 2 bytes, but table values can be 1 byte for many tables.

EDIT: but still you can convert based on 2 bytes to find table x, y potentially and then convert each of the following bytes. So highlight a specific section and convert. Just thinking out loud.

Trust me, learning to read in decimal is like learning a really bad habbit. Just learn hex, it will make everything else so much easier. Its easier for the brain to spot "FF" than it is to spot "255" also, what If I gave you a number like 65535? Well, that is stupid to remember, when you can just know it as FFFF. If you reverse engineer anything you'll be working heavily in hex. Going the decimal route is like trying to bring a snorkel to a deep sea diving trip, you just won't do very much.

EDIT:

Here is another example. The BT interface is always F1. The DME is always 12. All the source code is in hex. But you would be looking for decimal 18 and 241. If you were to line up a bunch of output which for computers is usually done in hex, it would line up properly. in decimal, your formatting would look terrible.

32.1909 VehicleConnector.DCAN Send: 23 80 00 01 C0 00 40 //Dec: 35 128 0 1 192 0 64

If I were to line up all these logs, you would have trouble finding patterns because some numbers are one digit in decimal and others are 3. Not to mention you would look at the read command as 35 when everyone else and even the source codes will be 23. Even the tech docs go by hex. Decimal is useful when you're trying to make your first sense out of what you're reading, but hex is definitely the way to go.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 08-06-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HEX is easy once you are used to it although it's annoying how BMW flips bytes on words in the BIN. I had to write a stupid utility to flip them back to make it readable. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    HEX is easy once you are used to it although it's annoying how BMW flips bytes on words in the BIN. I had to write a stupid utility to flip them back to make it readable. Click here to enlarge
    I don't think its BMW as much as it is endianess of the Tricore.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I looked earlier, the TriCore processor is little endian. So what Josh posted in post 713 makes sense, because e8 is the least significant byte, so it should appear first in the bin (lower memory address).

This isn't a BMW thing, it's an Infineon thing
    Eppur si muove.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast