Close

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 376 to 400 of 949
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    325
    Rep Points
    467.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No
    Just found a BT cable! Buying a dedicated computer today. When is the opens source program going to be released? Yay!!!

  2. #377
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ferruccio Click here to enlarge
    It's precisely these feelings that I share. While I might have problems with certain business practices, the "dark cloud" you speak of is one of the reasons why I took so long to register for this forum, or even say anything. It's the tuning war I don't have a palate for. I just want a fast, solid car. I'd positive rep you if I had enough points to do so.
    Exactly. I was a BMS customer up until a few days ago, and I just switched over to OpenFlash and my car is a completely different animal. To be honest all the negativity about Shiv had me thinking that oh, he must be some horrible person, but that is far from the truth. We had to sort out my ROM version because I have a Eurospec car, and He couldn't have been more knowledgeable, polite, and proactive in getting me sorted.

    This forum is great if you're part of the Anti-Shiv Gestapo, but I've been bleeding rep points over the past few days for nothing but having an alternative point of view. We can't rep each other, because we don't fall in line with the prevailing sentiments of the majority of forum members here.

    Sticky, if you want to have real discussions on this forum, get rid of the rep point system. It doesn't work because your core membership are e90post refugees who blame Shiv for all their problems.

    Ferruccio - Here are 10 AIR rep points. Lol.

  3. #378
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,882.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. I was a BMS customer up until a few days ago, and I just switched over to OpenFlash and my car is a completely different animal. To be honest all the negativity about Shiv had me thinking that oh, he must be some horrible person, but that is far from the truth. We had to sort out my ROM version because I have a Eurospec car, and He couldn't have been more knowledgeable, polite, and proactive in getting me sorted.

    This forum is great if you're part of the Anti-Shiv Gestapo, but I've been bleeding rep points over the past few days for nothing but having an alternative point of view. We can't rep each other, because we don't fall in line with the prevailing sentiments of the majority of forum members here.

    Sticky, if you want to have real discussions on this forum, get rid of the rep point system. It doesn't work because your core membership are e90post refugees who blame Shiv for all their problems.

    Ferruccio - Here are 10 AIR rep points. Lol.
    Please, PLEASE go do a search on E90post and read Shivs old threads telling everyone that flash tunes are garbage, the PROcede is superior in every way and that flash tunes will never offer the responsiveness and drivability of his PROcede. Not to mention @dzenno@PTF telling him a flash will be needed to fix the fueling on the piggys, and he said its not needed.Just the hypocrisy of THAT situation should be enough to tell you all you need to know about Vishnu. You are a sheep my friend.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  4. #379
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    88
    Rep Points
    65.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Please, PLEASE go do a search on E90post and read Shivs old threads telling everyone that flash tunes are garbage, the PROcede is superior in every way and that flash tunes will never offer the responsiveness and drivability of his PROcede. Not to mention @dzenno@PTF telling him a flash will be needed to fix the fueling on the piggys, and he said its not needed.Just the hypocrisy of THAT situation should be enough to tell you all you need to know about Vishnu. You are a sheep my friend.
    Perhaps it would be more appropriate for you to reserve the name-calling to the manufacturers whose practices you disagree with. It is gauche to call people "sheep" who are personally satisfied with the products they have been using. That brings nothing new to the table and only serves to further part the schism I see in the N54/N55 tuning world. They have nothing against you for liking something they might dislike. Am I also a sheep for being mostly satisfied with my Flex Fuel package? Yes, I am having issues and frustrations with it that I am slowly working out with the manufacturer. My personal experience has been mostly positive. I will certainly not call you names for preferring a different product.

  5. #380
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Please, PLEASE go do a search on E90post and read Shivs old threads telling everyone that flash tunes are garbage, the PROcede is superior in every way and that flash tunes will never offer the responsiveness and drivability of his PROcede. Not to mention @dzenno@PTF telling him a flash will be needed to fix the fueling on the piggys, and he said its not needed.Just the hypocrisy of THAT situation should be enough to tell you all you need to know about Vishnu. You are a sheep my friend.
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

    Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.

  6. #381
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,882.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

    Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.
    Shiv took a FREE (conceptually)open source map flashing concept and turned it into a $400 flashing device. He is toxic, twisting any opportunity into a chance for profit, while providing horrible customer support and coming up with unique ways to milk his customers for more $$ from problems HE created.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    Please, PLEASE go do a search on E90post and read Shivs old threads telling everyone that flash tunes are garbage, the PROcede is superior in every way and that flash tunes will never offer the responsiveness and drivability of his PROcede. Not to mention @dzenno@PTF telling him a flash will be needed to fix the fueling on the piggys, and he said its not needed.Just the hypocrisy of THAT situation should be enough to tell you all you need to know about Vishnu. You are a sheep my friend.

    Correct

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

    Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.
    Also correct, this is a business in the end.

    BTW... Shiv will go out of his way to help you (but only if it serves his best interest).
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  8. #383
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio
    Posts
    3
    Rep Points
    27.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

    Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.
    I understand where you are coming from; the vitriol here sometimes undermines the most important theme, and that's a shame. However, that theme- that Shiv would sell you a bill of goods that is neither in your best interests nor at a particularly competitive price (given the reality of it's function) is an uncomfortable truth.

    To my point: It may turn out that these OTS tablet maps are safe for the entirety of the target audience (that is highly doubtful). But even if that's the case, it won't be because due diligence and proper logging and testing were performed prior to release. And that's a shame for the unfortunate individuals who push their cars further than they were intended on stock internals using these maps....I hope I'm wrong. Only time will tell.

  9. #384
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    307
    Rep Points
    310.6
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    I'm going to try this, even though I no longer have a 335i Click here to enlarge N54 +1, S65 -1
    Loe P.
    B8.5 Audi S5 3.0"T" - GIAC stage II ECU / GIAC DSG TCU / AWE-tuning Pulley / AFe filter / 034 TBB / mod airbox / X-pipe
    - 09' E90 M3 7-DCT Interlagos Blue / Novillo Silver - gone Click here to enlarge
    [K&N filter|MS pullies|test pipes|Evolve Stg II tune/Servotronic/GTS-DCT Tune|Euro MDM]


  10. #385
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    This forum is great if you're part of the Anti-Shiv Gestapo, but I've been bleeding rep points over the past few days for nothing but having an alternative point of view. We can't rep each other, because we don't fall in line with the prevailing sentiments of the majority of forum members here.
    You can't rep people because you have 23 posts the majority of which are jumping right into heated debates and taking a negative stance against established members. It has not as much to do with your position as to do with little positive contribution and interaction.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    It doesn't work because your core membership are e90post refugees who blame Shiv for all their problems.
    It works very well. If you want to not have issues try contributing content and interacting positively.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #386
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    325
    Rep Points
    467.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    You are missing my point. If we were to dig into the past posts of all the tuners of this platform, I'm sure we'd find plenty of hypocrisy from all corners. Shiv for some reason is held to a different, much higher standard.

    Shiv helps release a $400 flashing device with awesome OTS maps and he is the most evil thing since darth vader.
    Donald,
    With all due respect you are coming to this forum and instructing people about how they should feel about someone and how they should behave. That's presumptuous to say the least. Perhaps you should ask questions about why individuals feel the way they do about a topic before telling them how they should feel. You'll likely get more than enough information than you need to make your own judgement.

    In my case I am frustrated because e90post is the largest BMW forum and it seems to have a strong bias towards Shiv and Vishnu. Any question that is posted there that Shiv does not want to answer for whatever reason is deleted. People that post problems with Vishnu products have their threads deleted, get infractions, and are banned in some cases. In most cases they post because they cannot get answers from Vishnu despite emails and phone calls.
    The anger in this thread is because people anticipated a true open source option from Rombinhood and believe that Shiv threatened/corrupted him resulting in a requirement that you have to pay Vishnu $400 for what was initially promised as open-source. The more appropriate marketing strategy would have been to call it the el cheapo COBB option.

  12. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    536
    Rep Points
    1,566.8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    Yes Reputation No
    great summation of what the situation is with shiv to date. When he got involved with this "open source project" he had a chance to change public opinion and to help keep the project on track. Instead he derailed it into a pay to play setup on crap hardware and worst of all it is vin locked...Sorry bro writing has been on the wall with him for years, he is a toxic individual (in regards to his business practices) and I personally will recommend as often as possible that people stay away and direct their time and money towards companies with amazing customer service and support.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  13. #388
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,130
    Rep Points
    9,106.4
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You can't rep people because you have 23 posts the majority of which are jumping right into heated debates and taking a negative stance against established members. It has not as much to do with your position as to do with little positive contribution and interaction.
    That is fairly odd behavior for a new member. To jump in and aggressively side with a minority opinion consistently. Probably someone in disguise. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  14. #389
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    The fact of the matter is that I could care less about all this drama. I just find it odd that that people have such strong opinions about a person/company they have nothing to do with. I want a car that's fast and provides smooth consistent power. Thanks to Rombinhood and Shiv, that's where I am now.

    Terry, I'm not siding aggressively with anyone. If I felt that you were being treated unfairly, I'd stand up for you too.

  15. #390
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    The fact of the matter is that I could care less about all this drama.
    With your posts propagating it I can sure tell...

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #391
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    what ever happened to robinhood in all this?

    seems even the supporters simply refer to it as shiv/vishnu's tablet
    Click here to enlarge

  17. #392
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    27
    Rep Points
    7.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    Donald,
    With all due respect you are coming to this forum and instructing people about how they should feel about someone and how they should behave. That's presumptuous to say the least. Perhaps you should ask questions about why individuals feel the way they do about a topic before telling them how they should feel. You'll likely get more than enough information than you need to make your own judgement.

    In my case I am frustrated because e90post is the largest BMW forum and it seems to have a strong bias towards Shiv and Vishnu. Any question that is posted there that Shiv does not want to answer for whatever reason is deleted. People that post problems with Vishnu products have their threads deleted, get infractions, and are banned in some cases. In most cases they post because they cannot get answers from Vishnu despite emails and phone calls.
    The anger in this thread is because people anticipated a true open source option from Rombinhood and believe that Shiv threatened/corrupted him resulting in a requirement that you have to pay Vishnu $400 for what was initially promised as open-source. The more appropriate marketing strategy would have been to call it the el cheapo COBB option.
    Boom,
    The only horse I have in this race is my car. We all have N54's, why all the infighting? I can understand Cobb, BMS and Vishnu having a go at each other, their businesses are at stake. As consumers though, we should be looking to get the most out of our tunes at the lowest possible price. Enjoy the tune you have. Sorry if it sounds like i'm being preachy, but like I said earlier, live and let live.

    Hate is an all consuming and blinding thing. What many of you probably don't realize is that if this open source tuning platform gets off the ground, it will only help Rombinhood's tablet sales because it encourages the free sharing of maps. You're still going to have to invest money in a specialized cable that is capable of the DME read/write process. Yes, i understand that cable won't be locked to one car at a time, but I think the majority of people are still going to want their own. Would you rather have a $200-300 cable or prefer a dash mounted dedicated device that can do real-time data-logging and gauge hijacking for $400? Maybe someone will figure out how to get their smartphone to do the same job, but right now that's a big IF.

    Apparently my posts have been propagating drama, but when you name a thread "OpenFlash, do you accept returns?" that's perfectly ok lol. My point from the beginning has been to keep things positive. Opensource tuning is an excellent thing, if we stand on on each other's shoulders we're going to get a lot higher than if we're constantly trying to tear down whoever gets one notch above us.

  18. #393
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    What many of you probably don't realize is that if this open source tuning platform gets off the ground, it will only help Rombinhood's tablet sales because it encourages the free sharing of maps. You're still going to have to invest money in a specialized cable that is capable of the DME read/write process. Yes, i understand that cable won't be locked to one car at a time, but I think the majority of people are still going to want their own. Would you rather have a $200-300 cable or prefer a dash mounted dedicated device that can do real-time data-logging and gauge hijacking for $400?

    I'd rather pay $600 for a cable with the versatility to be used on any device ranging from smartphones to laptops than $400 for some 400x300 res tablet locked down to one car. Development and progression for your tablet is in the hands of one company. Development for open source is in the hands of everyone. It's not a matter of IF open source will be released, but rather when (and from what I read, it seems real soon).

    You really must not be familiar with Shiv's track record in supporting products that aren't generating revenue. You also underestimate how enticing "free" sounds to people once they get word of it. Once the source is released and e90 is overwhelmed with far too many threads to censor, Shiv's tablet will be obsolete. Unless he develops simple touch screen point and click coding to replace ncsexpert and ncsdummy, I don't see anyone purchasing his tablet. Lastly, you're making a huge assumption that we'll forever be locked down to said $200-300 BT cable, as opposed to a less expensive option like the tactrix cable or our ebay china specials.

    Open your mind and familiarize yourself with what open source development really is before you continue posting nonsense.
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,798
    Rep Points
    2,567.6
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. I was a BMS customer up until a few days ago, and I just switched over to OpenFlash and my car is a completely different animal. To be honest all the negativity about Shiv had me thinking that oh, he must be some horrible person, but that is far from the truth. We had to sort out my ROM version because I have a Eurospec car, and He couldn't have been more knowledgeable, polite, and proactive in getting me sorted.

    This forum is great if you're part of the Anti-Shiv Gestapo, but I've been bleeding rep points over the past few days for nothing but having an alternative point of view. We can't rep each other, because we don't fall in line with the prevailing sentiments of the majority of forum members here.

    Sticky, if you want to have real discussions on this forum, get rid of the rep point system. It doesn't work because your core membership are e90post refugees who blame Shiv for all their problems.

    Ferruccio - Here are 10 AIR rep points. Lol.
    If you don't even know why people gripe about shiv, then who are you to judge whose actions are right or wrong. Perhaps you should go back to the other forum. Make sure you don't touch this open source software either.

    Also, you must be brand new to this platform. Until you've been here longer and seen and heard more than others, you have a more shallow vision and perspective of what you are arguing against than most people you are replying to. If you like His services, then great. Shiv can certainly put out a good product and can have great service. I ran a process. But as you say, you don't understand what 'this is all about' and that is case in point. You just don't know what you are talking about, and until you do, he doesn't need a self-proclaimed defense attorney. That's partially the definition of a sheep. Fanboy. The difference between a satisfied customer and a fanboy, is fanboys take it upon themselves to blindly follow the Sheppard's direction. You are the plague on Facebook posting those political pictures voicing one opinion or another having no real educated opinion of your own. You are the person who votes just because your father did. You are as Matt Williams says, a dumb smart $#@!.
    Last edited by klipseracer; 07-28-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  20. #395
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    994
    Rep Points
    938.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    10


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Boom,
    The only horse I have in this race is my car. We all have N54's, why all the infighting? I can understand Cobb, BMS and Vishnu having a go at each other, their businesses are at stake. As consumers though, we should be looking to get the most out of our tunes at the lowest possible price. Enjoy the tune you have. Sorry if it sounds like i'm being preachy, but like I said earlier, live and let live.

    Hate is an all consuming and blinding thing. What many of you probably don't realize is that if this open source tuning platform gets off the ground, it will only help Rombinhood's tablet sales because it encourages the free sharing of maps. You're still going to have to invest money in a specialized cable that is capable of the DME read/write process. Yes, i understand that cable won't be locked to one car at a time, but I think the majority of people are still going to want their own. Would you rather have a $200-300 cable or prefer a dash mounted dedicated device that can do real-time data-logging and gauge hijacking for $400? Maybe someone will figure out how to get their smartphone to do the same job, but right now that's a big IF.

    Apparently my posts have been propagating drama, but when you name a thread "OpenFlash, do you accept returns?" that's perfectly ok lol. My point from the beginning has been to keep things positive. Opensource tuning is an excellent thing, if we stand on on each other's shoulders we're going to get a lot higher than if we're constantly trying to tear down whoever gets one notch above us.
    As far as I know, open source tuning for the N54 is only being done by some of the members of bimmer boost. Who is a notch ahead? Are you referring to OpenFlash as being a notch ahead? Isn't OF just a cheaper Cobb wannabe?

    I am also glad you gave Sticky permission to name his threads whatever he wants to....thats mighty nice of ya!
    ​#Chuckstrong

  21. #396
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    325
    Rep Points
    467.6
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Donald,
    This is my last post addressing your questions. Again, you need to investigate Shiv's past behavior with members here, other forums, and other platforms if you really want to know. If you don't, sit back and enjoy your tune. I'm sure it's working on your car.
    You continue to say "live and let live" yet you are communicating your dissatisfaction with the opinions of many here. Practice what you preach. If you truly feel like developing an opinion then do the work. D E V E L O P the opinion by understanding past events. Shiv has been in this game for decades. He worked on Subies and Evos before the n54's. He is a master of keeping things that he doesn't want public disguised or buried. I'd bet he spent more time early on ingratiating himself with the owners of e90 than he did on product development and sales - that is if he doesn't own the forum outright. I would be lots of money that his relationship there is not as a simple vendor. The bias is too strong and the censorship is immediate for things that range from grossly inapropriate to simple questions or notifications. Threads were made there announcing this open source project without mention of this site or the creators and they were summarily deleted instantaneously. I received an infraction in 2 minutes for posting the screenshot in this thread because it had the forum name in it.
    If that site was dedicated to the community and making the cars work better, they'd welcome all information. Even COBB is only welcome in their own vendor threads. They post here more than anywhere else. That says a lot considering they're the premier tuner for the GT-R, Evo, Suby, Mazdaspeed, etc.
    Please enjoy your car and post logs of your tune. Contribute information, ask questions, posit theories for making things work better, or just post pix of your naked girlfriend next to your ride. Stop telling people how to feel unless you have specific information about an incident.

    You want rep, post some BT logs of your tune including ign adv, MAP, AFR, etc. Help the community.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Boom,
    The only horse I have in this race is my car. We all have N54's, why all the infighting? I can understand Cobb, BMS and Vishnu having a go at each other, their businesses are at stake. As consumers though, we should be looking to get the most out of our tunes at the lowest possible price. Enjoy the tune you have. Sorry if it sounds like i'm being preachy, but like I said earlier, live and let live.

    Hate is an all consuming and blinding thing. What many of you probably don't realize is that if this open source tuning platform gets off the ground, it will only help Rombinhood's tablet sales because it encourages the free sharing of maps. You're still going to have to invest money in a specialized cable that is capable of the DME read/write process. Yes, i understand that cable won't be locked to one car at a time, but I think the majority of people are still going to want their own. Would you rather have a $200-300 cable or prefer a dash mounted dedicated device that can do real-time data-logging and gauge hijacking for $400? Maybe someone will figure out how to get their smartphone to do the same job, but right now that's a big IF.

    Apparently my posts have been propagating drama, but when you name a thread "OpenFlash, do you accept returns?" that's perfectly ok lol. My point from the beginning has been to keep things positive. Opensource tuning is an excellent thing, if we stand on on each other's shoulders we're going to get a lot higher than if we're constantly trying to tear down whoever gets one notch above us.

  22. #397
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    The fact of the matter is that I could care less about all this drama. I just find it odd that that people have such strong opinions about a person/company they have nothing to do with. I want a car that's fast and provides smooth consistent power. Thanks to Rombinhood and Shiv, that's where I am now.

    Terry, I'm not siding aggressively with anyone. If I felt that you were being treated unfairly, I'd stand up for you too.
    You don't want to get into this Donald. Trust me. Leave it alone. Positive rep for speaking your mind.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

  23. #398
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    176
    Rep Points
    52.3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Yeah I knew I'd get neg repped for that Click here to enlarge
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

  24. #399
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    Would you rather have a $200-300 cable or prefer a dash mounted dedicated device that can do real-time data-logging and gauge hijacking for $400?
    What about a $20 cable?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  25. #400
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    if we stand on on each other's shoulders we're going to get a lot higher than if we're constantly trying to tear down whoever gets one notch above us
    So doesn't that mean you should be chastising a person for dragging down the community by portraying something as open source and then doing something completely different for money? As in, selling out morally?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 16 of 38 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •