Close

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Terry, you think it is not copying because it was not vishnu's product. I don't see how that changes anything and it is untrue anyway. You copied your competitors product regardless of the origin of that product. You copied pretty much every feature we added.... After you argued how bad the feature was initially until the market decided they liked it. That sort of thing happens in a competitive market, but don't get all high and mighty now when you think someone else did the same thing.
    I have never said we have not copied. Pretty much everything we've done has been done on other platforms by others long before I was involved in the piggyback business. We've taken existing concepts and adapted them nicely to the N54 platform. The JB4 code read, delete, and data logging was copied from BT as was yours. CPE was the first to release isolated boost control for the N54 and we've both wound up with that. CPE was the first to move the analog gauges using the CANbus on an N54. We both have those features today.

Over the years you've talked up features we had concerns with and not all of those concerns have turned out to be valid. But many have. Remember your disastrous pre-CAN solenoid offset system? Remember DIC and dynamic traction control? Both features you've subsequently dropped. Certain things such as how you presented you were handling throttle management years ago were talked about in such a way that elicited an unnecessary negative reaction but only because when the final details were released it was not implemented as originally described. A couple of other features most memorably crank position offsetting were added on our end not because we believed it was necessary or even desirable but because it consumed fewer business resources to add the feature than to defend not having it daily under your various marketing attacks.

Regardless, I have no real personal issue with Cobb being copied. But lets at least call a spade a spade here and not pretend all these table names, tuning strategies, etc, were pulled from thin air. And lets not proceed to insult the Cobb tuners whose maps you've essentially copied despite years of protest against that style of tuning. If you're going to be a crook at least be classy about it.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Lol.....classic case of the pot calling the kettle black.

By the way Terry:

1) Recently installed you oil bypass thermostat and it is working very effectively even in 95F ambients.

2) Your OCC is catching oil nicely too, but the hose that connects to the valve cover needed a clamp as it was leaking at the junction and dripping down the rear intake pipe.

Overall the OCC is a nice piece of work and the oil bypass is nicely machined too, albeit overpriced for what it is......but it does the trick man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Glad to hear both are working well for you! On the stat we'll be beveling the edge of the short side a bit next batch as we've found some random factory covers have a tapered rather than a flat receiver. Should make install on that even easier and more universal. On the OCC it should be a very snug fit. Surprised to hear you needed to add a clamp there but the good news is that is easy to do. A nicer looking and easier alternative is to use a ziptie.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 07-20-2013 at 05:00 PM.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Glad to hear both are working well for you! On the stat we'll be beveling the edge of the short side a bit next batch as we've found some random factory covers have a tapered rather than a flat receiver. Should make install on that even easier and more universal. On the OCC it should be a very snug fit. Surprised to hear you needed to add a clamp there but the good news is that is easy to do. A nicer looking and easier alternative is to use a ziptie.
    The taper is a good idea as my thermostat cover was somewhat resistant to close.....now I know why!

I did the ziptie thing at first....but psychologically I like the idea of a clamp more.

It seems you have to really line up the OCC hose for a straight fit into the PCV flapper assembly, otherwise the O-ring on the PCV assembly end sits crooked........might also be that my retaining clip tabs are a bit loose on the PCV assembly.

That clip is a $#@! to get off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So the title of this thread is about 18psi on a stock car with the OFT. Comparing that to the VW community, apr runs that high on a k03 in the 2.0t. It's about engine speed and flow.

The OFT is a nonstarter without logging. If they get that, it will be a viable alternative

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So where are my posts:

post 21725

post 21693

post 21485

Unfortunately I can't really engage in the discussions here as I can only make uneditable post a day.

My previous post was just to point out that people's assumptions of haltech's role are incorrect. I'm not getting into the details except to say that I designed the product independent of Haltech, and any input from Haltech was far less than from Vishnu. Anything heard from Haltech employees who never worked there when any of this happened is just untrue.

Terry, you think it is not copying because it was not vishnu's product. I don't see how that changes anything and it is untrue anyway. You copied your competitors product regardless of the origin of that product. You copied pretty much every feature we added.... After you argued how bad the feature was initially until the market decided they liked it. That sort of thing happens in a competitive market, but don't get all high and mighty now when you think someone else did the same thing.

Tasks forum is a very amusing place.... Especially when people here have a go at other forums. The input from the administrator is the funniest bit!
    NONE of your posts are deleted they still remain. When you're posting your e-mail and business links trying to circumvent the rules it is clearly stated that your posts will be edited:

Post Edited due to violation of Guest Vendor rules.

If you followed the rules, you wouldn't have your posts edited but regardless they were not deleted. Just as your previous posts here which followed the rules were not edited or deleted. You aren't special or above the rules, neither is Shiv.

How many posts you can make or edit is up to you. You can thank Shiv for abusing the system and your current restrictions.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    Well I can't read the post except in your reply due to that ridiculous rating censorship system.
    Sorry I like a lot of what I read here but to those not able to read negative posts or amount to the same thing.
    Then quit your crying and contribute to the forum. If you contribute like others have, you will be able to read them.

I'm not the one who censored the post, the community did. THEY didn't like it. If you like it, then rate it positively. Don't expect to be able to have everything you want handed to you. Put in some effort. How ridiculous is that?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I come on here mostly to read, but this is just depressing. Does anyone moderate this forum at all? I've noticed this forum lights up when it comes to Vishnu bashing, but this is just a new level of wow...

Anyway, I recieved my OpenFlash and just sent my ROM file to Shiv. My 335i is Eurospec so it will take a couple of days for him the sort out compatibility. I'll report back with a mini-review if you guys are interested...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I come on here mostly to read, but this is just depressing. Does anyone moderate this forum at all? I've noticed this forum lights up when it comes to Vishnu bashing, but this is just a new level of wow...

Anyway, I recieved my OpenFlash and just sent my ROM file to Shiv. My 335i is Eurospec so it will take a couple of days for him the sort out compatibility. I'll report back with a mini-review if you guys are interested...
    please do... with some 3rd gear wide open throttle logs. We have see less aggressive Cobb tunes with timing corrections and would like to see how these look. Do you have a Bavarian Technics cable?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    pure gold, pure pure gold in this thread
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    sorry, i don't really know what you're referencing
    Sorry. Try again.

In post 100 of this very thread....
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...836#post477836

You said something about an upgrade to Cobb maps.
    What did you mean/hear about? Or did the just refer to post 55 from Josh in the xdf thread
    http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...470#post477470

What did you hear?

Cheers.

Chris

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SingDonald Click here to enlarge
    I come on here mostly to read, but this is just depressing. Does anyone moderate this forum at all?
    OMG people post negative things about Vishnu sometimes and it's a shock to some people. Take a breath, it's ok. I know it may warp some fragile minds to not have anything criticizing a self-proclaimed tuning god/legend removed right away but I believe you are a big boy who can handle it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    NONE of your posts are deleted they still remain. When you're posting your e-mail and business links trying to circumvent the rules it is clearly stated that your posts will be edited:

Post Edited due to violation of Guest Vendor rules.

If you followed the rules, you wouldn't have your posts edited but regardless they were not deleted. Just as your previous posts here which followed the rules were not edited or deleted. You aren't special or above the rules, neither is Shiv.

How many posts you can make or edit is up to you. You can thank Shiv for abusing the system and your current restrictions.

Your right.... none of my posts were deleted. They were just edited by deleting everything I had written and replacing it with what you had written. How silly of me.

You really are what people have said about you Sticky (is an .....).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your right.... none of my posts were deleted. They were just edited by deleting everything I had written and replacing it with what you had written. How silly of me.

You really are what people have said about you Sticky (is an .....).
    I have never met you but you have to be kidding with this right. Being a Vendor on this forum is 110% more enjoyable as far as what you can post and have it remain.

You say something the "gods" do not like its gone in 30 seconds on the other site you are saying has better policies. This AT TIMES is slightly useful when competing vendors get into others threads and try to derail.

The system here allows you to block any user you wish vendor or otherwise from participating in your threads. This way YOU THE VENDOR have the power to keep your threads on track. Not some Mod with a brazen delete button deciding who can speak and who cant. Both sites are useful to me as a business man, but the blocking aspect of this site is better.

I can't imagine if I went to E90 and tried to post the stuff you did, It would not only be instantly deleted, I would be warned for violating policy.

You might not like Sticky as he can be brash at times, but comparing site policy, any vendor would have to prefer his system. You choose to stay off this forum because of the rep I guess Vishnu has established, that I am not sure about, but I am on both, and I try to stay neutral. This seems like a much smarter approach to business if you can just play nice.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I have never met you but you have to be kidding with this right. Being a Vendor on this forum is 110% more enjoyable as far as what you can post and have it remain.

You say something the "gods" do not like its gone in 30 seconds on the other site you are saying has better policies. This AT TIMES is slightly useful when competing vendors get into others threads and try to derail.

The system here allows you to block any user you wish vendor or otherwise from participating in your threads. This way YOU THE VENDOR have the power to keep your threads on track. Not some Mod with a brazen delete button deciding who can speak and who cant. Both sites are useful to me as a business man, but the blocking aspect of this site is better.

I can't imagine if I went to E90 and tried to post the stuff you did, It would not only be instantly deleted, I would be warned for violating policy.

You might not like Sticky as he can be brash at times, but comparing site policy, any vendor would have to prefer his system. You choose to stay off this forum because of the rep I guess Vishnu has established, that I am not sure about, but I am on both, and I try to stay neutral. This seems like a much smarter approach to business if you can just play nice.

WHOA WHOA WHOA...... Hold on here..... You're using logic, and my brain hurts Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by boom Click here to enlarge
    So the title of this thread is about 18psi on a stock car with the OFT. Comparing that to the VW community, apr runs that high on a k03 in the 2.0t. It's about engine speed and flow.

The OFT is a nonstarter without logging. If they get that, it will be a viable alternative
    So true on boost vs. displacement vs. static compression. I'm surprised Shiv is trying to talk down logging now with his very aggressive OTS maps. I'm sure if the roles were reversed and Cobb didn't have logging and he offered it, he's be singing a very different tune. I know he sang a different tune years ago before the JB3 had data logging available. lol.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I think vendors on the outside looking in find this forum combative and frustrating. The system is designed to get them to register and pay their (very reasonable) sponsorship fee. By resisting they find themselves in the unfavorable situation of not being able to defend themselves as they might want to. Frankly for what someone like an Adrian or Shiv might earn the monthly fee is probably less than an hour of their monthly salary.

FWIW I've always found Adrian to be well spoken and while I can't say I always agree with him I will say he walks the fine line between being informative and inflammatory nicely. A skill many including myself could improve at. It's a shame he hitched his cart to Shiv's wagon. I'm sure he's doing well for himself but with the proper guidance he could have done a lot better with this market.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    going to be interesting checking the logs on these OTS maps.
    07 335i AT - MOTIV 750 - MHD BMS E85 - BMS PI - JB4G5 - Okada Coils - NGK 5992 Plugs - Helix IC - Stett CP - Custom midpipes with 100 HJS Cats - Bastuck Quad - PSS10 - QUAIFE LSD - BMS OCC - Forge DVs - AR OC - ALCON BBK - M3 Chassi - Dinan CP - Velocity M rear Toe arms - Advan RZ-DF - LUX H8 - Level 10 AT upgrade
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by enrita Click here to enlarge
    going to be interesting checking the logs on these OTS maps.
    I don't know if I would trust their logging tool even (when it comes out). It's too easy to manipulate what people see. Hopefully someone can log with a BT cable, etc.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think vendors on the outside looking in find this forum combative and frustrating. The system is designed to get them to register and pay their (very reasonable) sponsorship fee. By resisting they find themselves in the unfavorable situation of not being able to defend themselves as they might want to. Frankly for what someone like an Adrian or Shiv might earn the monthly fee is probably less than an hour of their monthly salary.

FWIW I've always found Adrian to be well spoken and while I can't say I always agree with him I will say he walks the fine line between being informative and inflammatory nicely. A skill many including myself could improve at. It's a shame he hitched his cart to Shiv's wagon. I'm sure he's doing well for himself but with the proper guidance he could have done a lot better with this market.

used car salemen aren't as bad as he is.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by crypticc Click here to enlarge
    Incidentally I think would be great to hear back about that from Torgus bmw335iguy and lulz on what they really think. Are the rave reviews and bashing on both sides hype?
    what in the $#@! are you talking about?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So true on boost vs. displacement vs. static compression. I'm surprised Shiv is trying to talk down logging now with his very aggressive OTS maps. I'm sure if the roles were reversed and Cobb didn't have logging and he offered it, he's be singing a very different tune. I know he sang a different tune years ago before the JB3 had data logging available. lol.
    very true lol

back when the jb3 had the gas pedal stomp map switch, no datalogging, no code read/clear, and no canbus integration, vishnu used to knock BMS hardcore. nice to see you guys eventually caught up though :thumbsup:

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

+1 on Adrian..........class act for sure

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    very true lol

back when the jb3 had the gas pedal stomp map switch, no datalogging, no code read/clear, and no canbus integration, vishnu used to knock BMS hardcore. nice to see you guys eventually caught up though :thumbsup:
    When the JB3 came out Vishnu was selling their "Rev1" hardware for $1500, which didn't have CAN and instead featured a map switch using a garage door opener. So in that context being able to pick form 7 maps (instead of just 2 w/ procede) without the clicker or a laptop was a nifty feature. Pretty obsolete by today's standards though. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    When the JB3 came out Vishnu was selling their "Rev1" hardware for $1500, which didn't have CAN and instead featured a map switch using a garage door opener. So in that context being able to pick form 7 maps (instead of just 2 w/ procede) without the clicker or a laptop was a nifty feature. Pretty obsolete by today's standards though. Click here to enlarge

i'm talking more about the jb3 2.0. i had that for a while in 2009, before i made teh switch to procede rev. 2, v3 and v4

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast