Close

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 254
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by joec500 Click here to enlarge
    I agree with a lot of what you're saying here, and if I paid $300ish more for a competing product, I sure hope there would be some differentiator, and in this case it would be support, but I for one never really needed support when I owned my COBB, as it was pretty easy to use. When I see a lot of questions around support directly @COBB it's generally more related to car issues versus actual product issues.

    Admittedly I am happy with my OpenFlash product and I am neither a tuner nor a fool. I am just a guy that installs a tune and enjoys the new found power and improved driveabilitly of my 335i.

    I can't speak of Shiv "playing nice guy". He's generally responsive when I had questions, but there have been times when I needed to bug him a couple of times to get an answer, so he probably has some work to do in that department when compared to other tuners.

    Also, my theory on why he doesn't respond into threads like this are because he probably knows it will become very unproductive quickly. You know how these Internet Forums can get with this type of stuff. just my .02.
    Support I have received by Josh at Cobb was superb. Total bromance after everything getting my E30 OTS map dialed in.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    PM Sent. I'll give it a shot.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    espaņa
    Posts
    752
    Rep Points
    804.0
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    9


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlargeClick here to enlarge
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    453
    Rep Points
    662.4
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    7



    Yes Reputation No
    I'm just curious to compare logs to my PTF 2+ map.
    Click here to enlarge
    PTF Tuned Cobb Stage 2+ | H&R / Koni Sport | BBS LM

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    not sure why you guys censored adrian@vishnu?


    Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    I have not posted here in a while. Last time I did, my posts were deleted. I wonder if this will be also?

    Just so you know Terry, you have no idea of the relationship between Haltech, Shiv and I. It is nothing like what you claim. It is nobody's business what it is, and I won't be stating what it is. You would be closer if you swapped the roles played by Haltech and Shiv.

    So your argument is that it is fine to plagiarise ideas from Vishnu because you assume (incorrectly) that their product is not theirs but is someone else's that they are using. But it is not OK for some company to use mapping designed by suppliers to BMW and reverse engineered by another company first because that company (who designed nothing to do with the mapping) happened to work it out first?

    Everything the JB did for years was just copied from the Procede. Some of it had been done before in non-BMW markets, and some not, but you copied it into JB because Procede had it. Often you claimed how bad it was first before adding it later. Do you really feel justified to take the moral high ground and have a go at Vishnu here?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Points
    2,896.3
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    29


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    not sure why you guys censored adrian@vishnu?
    I guess 5+ users didn't like what he said. Pretty simple system really.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

    Click here to enlarge

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    If anyone wants Shivs "OTS" flash in a Cobb file for I8AOS, let me know and i will port it over.
    I'll give it a shot.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge
    I'll give it a shot.
    i'm interested to hear your review Click here to enlarge

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    lol my rep keeps going DOWN. i started today at 20.4 i think

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    6,684
    Rep Points
    3,343.8
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    that may be true, but even you can't help but take pages from his book in regards to product development. Lets see:


    -canbus integration
    -on the fly map switching
    -in dash boost gauges
    -code reading/cleclearing

    these are all things the procede had back when the jb3 required you to use a BT cable to read codes, pull over, stop the engine, stomp on the gas pedal to change maps, restart the car, etc. I think the jb4 is an excellent example of IP from another vendor.
    You do realize cp-e's Standback had those first right?
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i'm interested to hear your review Click here to enlarge
    I will be honest with my review, that is for sure, and will post logs.

    My car is stock other than DCI. I could get rid of it and go back to stock if anyone thought it would really matter.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    22
    Rep Points
    14.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL theres no point. Shiv is basically peddling a Cobb OTS map with his own version of throttle mapping and a few changes to the WGDC base, P,I & D tables. Not exactly ground breaking like everyone is making out to be, boils down to what others are saying - Cobb OTS maps are not as refined as they could be. Not sure if that was intentional to help leave market share for protuners, but it leaves some stuff to be desired. If anyone wants Shivs "OTS" flash in a Cobb file for I8AOS, let me know and i will port it over.
    I wouldn't mind trying it just to see what the difference is. I have a PTF ProTune from Jake and love it. it would be interesting to see what Shiv feels his secret sauce is.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    i will say, despite how shiv comes across, and how he polarizes this platform, he knows his $#@! about tuning cars. i'd trust him with a custom dyno tune over just about anyone else. some tuners have been doing it so long, it's crazy how well they know FI and EFI tuning techniques.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i will say, despite how shiv comes across, and how he polarizes this platform, he knows his $#@! about tuning cars. i'd trust him with a custom dyno tune over just about anyone else. some tuners have been doing it so long, it's crazy how well they know FI and EFI tuning techniques.
    And the Russians know how to get to space that doesn't mean I'd be comfortable having them take me there.

    He's blown motors of users that post here from even from back in the Evo world days. How those situations were handled should be the basis for trusting someone and not forum marketing.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    11
    Rep Points
    65.1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    I replied but it got deleted.
    I replied, but it got deleted... and I got banned Click here to enlarge.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    2,540
    Rep Points
    1,746.0
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And the Russians know how to get to space that doesn't mean I'd be comfortable having them take me there.
    You make a very good point Click here to enlarge

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    376
    Rep Points
    707.1
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i will say, despite how shiv comes across, and how he polarizes this platform, he knows his $#@! about tuning cars. i'd trust him with a custom dyno tune over just about anyone else. some tuners have been doing it so long, it's crazy how well they know FI and EFI tuning techniques.
    Even if that were true (doubtful), few trust him because of the hole he dug for himself. One would never know if a product of his is materially better or just his latest solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    203
    Rep Points
    84.6
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i will say, despite how shiv comes across, and how he polarizes this platform, he knows his $#@! about tuning cars. i'd trust him with a custom dyno tune over just about anyone else. some tuners have been doing it so long, it's crazy how well they know FI and EFI tuning techniques.
    what evidence can you present that he is a "better" tuner than the majority of the other guys we routinely mention? because he is pulling a few more HP by editing the COBB OTS maps?
    Click here to enlarge

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    NJ...For now
    Posts
    536
    Rep Points
    1,566.8
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    16


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    i will say, despite how shiv comes across, and how he polarizes this platform, he knows his $#@! about tuning cars. i'd trust him with a custom dyno tune over just about anyone else. some tuners have been doing it so long, it's crazy how well they know FI and EFI tuning techniques.
    Just no...1000 times no
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s



  20. #95
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,130
    Rep Points
    9,123.4
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by adrian@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    I have not posted here in a while. Last time I did, my posts were deleted. I wonder if this will be also?

    Just so you know Terry, you have no idea of the relationship between Haltech, Shiv and I. It is nothing like what you claim. It is nobody's business what it is, and I won't be stating what it is. You would be closer if you swapped the roles played by Haltech and Shiv.

    So your argument is that it is fine to plagiarise ideas from Vishnu because you assume (incorrectly) that their product is not theirs but is someone else's that they are using. But it is not OK for some company to use mapping designed by suppliers to BMW and reverse engineered by another company first because that company (who designed nothing to do with the mapping) happened to work it out first?

    Everything the JB did for years was just copied from the Procede. Some of it had been done before in non-BMW markets, and some not, but you copied it into JB because Procede had it. Often you claimed how bad it was first before adding it later. Do you really feel justified to take the moral high ground and have a go at Vishnu here?
    Hi Adrian,

    Long time no talk!

    Regarding your business relationships with Shiv & Haltech, it is of course your right not to clarify it, but it is then our right to make assumptions since you refuse to clarify. Haltech employees had told me you were in their employement at one time. You claim you were not. Personally I do not see it as being very relevant to the conversation but if this is something that bothers you please feel free to clarify it for us.

    My point was that the only real innovation to come around was adding the CAN communications to the piggyback, which in retrospect makes perfect sense, because every other module used by the car communicates on the CANbus. So if you were the first to add a CAN transceiver to a piggyback system then kudos to you for doing that. We added one specifically to allow code reading/deleting (which we both copied it from BT) but once we had it found the many other numerous features it opened up. More robust datalogging (which we also both copied from BT), in dash gauge hijacking (I saw this first from CPE, perhaps you did it first and did not share, I don't know), map switch toggles, etc.

    I could go point by point on various aspects of the tuning that you claim we have copied, but as you know our architectures and software is completely different. I think the JB4 has always represented an alternative to the procede, rather than a copy as you claim, but again I think we're beyond the scope of the thread here anyway. Perhaps its best for you to make another thread if you think its useful or interesting to argue these points.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,483
    Rep Points
    32,156.3
    Mentioned
    2110 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Perhaps its best for you to make another thread if you think its useful or interesting to argue these points.
    Perhaps... but he can't do that anyway.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,130
    Rep Points
    9,123.4
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    92


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bryce Click here to enlarge
    So it's ok to copy the ideas, and product development, given all the facts you listed?

    how about code reading/ clearing? How many BT cables did you sell when the jb3 probably should have done that by itself? Nvm though, not relevant to the openflash tablet discussion
    I'm sure you are aware Shiv & Co copied code read/delete and datalogging from BT? This is a fact. We did the same. The difference was I respected BT enough to limit what we copied to certain commands and continued to carry and promote their product line for all the other various uses it has to offer.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

    It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    884
    Rep Points
    1,435.3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    LOL theres no point. Shiv is basically peddling a Cobb OTS map with his own version of throttle mapping and a few changes to the WGDC base, P,I & D tables. Not exactly ground breaking like everyone is making out to be, boils down to what others are saying - Cobb OTS maps are not as refined as they could be. Not sure if that was intentional to help leave market share for protuners, but it leaves some stuff to be desired. If anyone wants Shivs "OTS" flash in a Cobb file for I8AOS, let me know and i will port it over.
    I have I8aos and would be down to give it a shot.

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I haven't posted in a while but what's currently going on in the N54 world is grade A hilarious. To start off; Shiv is a knowledgable individual, he knows his $#@! when it comes to tuning cars. He is also a scumbag, one that has always promised and repeatedly under delivered. I can name about 10 things of the top of my head that he promised and all of a sudden disappeared. Also, what happened to the single turbos? Shiv's general take is to protest new products coming out and how they are inferior, then adapt it to suit your marketing, business plan and sell it as your own as the greatest thing ever. He's only done this about five different times in a row now... He is genuinely a sketchy individual and for that reason alone I would not purchase the open flash. I know that the moment it arrived in the mail I would have no one to call about it for any issues and Shiv would move on to the next best thing asap. It is good that we have another competing product, the circumstances behind this product and the developer's past are highly questionable but it will no doubt move things forward.

    TL;DR Shiv is a scumbag but it's good to have another competing product.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    407
    Rep Points
    39.3
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I haven't posted in a while but what's currently going on in the N54 world is grade A hilarious. To start off; Shiv is a knowledgable individual, he knows his $#@! when it comes to tuning cars. He is also a scumbag, one that has always promised and repeatedly under delivered. I can name about 10 things of the top of my head that he promised and all of a sudden disappeared. Also, what happened to the single turbos? Shiv's general take is to protest new products coming out and how they are inferior, then adapt it to suit your marketing, business plan and sell it as your own as the greatest thing ever. He's only done this about five different times in a row now... He is genuinely a sketchy individual and for that reason alone I would not purchase the open flash. I know that the moment it arrived in the mail I would have no one to call about it for any issues and Shiv would move on to the next best thing asap. It is good that we have another competing product, the circumstances behind this product and the developer's past are highly questionable but it will no doubt move things forward.

    TL;DR Shiv is a scumbag but it's good to have another competing product.

    i'm with you for the most part. i do think things get taken out of context and sometimes he can sound rude or arrogant. overall though, the OF tablet is already having a great impact in the N54 world. even if you never buy one. I think COBB just announced they are going to revise all their maps. one could argue they were forced to do this because of the competition heating up. i think that would be a sound analysis of what's happening.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •