Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

RENNtech 335is vs BMS Flash + JB4 Map 7 335i Video

This was inevitable to happen. RENNtech tuned DCT 335is vs a BMS Flash + JB4 Map 7 stacked tuned 335i

Both cars are FBO. The only differences was the 335is was running downpipes with high flow catts and the black 335i was cattless. The only thing of significance was the weight difference between the two drivers by 110+ lbs the 335is driver weighing more. The 335is was runing 16-17 PSI and the black 335i was running 18-19 PSI. Per the datalogs both cars seem to have been running the same average adv timing 9-11 degrees until IAT on the 335is increased after the back to back runs

Ambient temps were 85 in Mexico . There were 6 runs in total of the actual event. However due to driver errors only runs 3 and 6 were agreed upon as the best runs to be fair. So the first run in the vid is actually their 3rd run and the second run in the vid was actually their last 6th run.

Camera was mounted to the rear of the 335is behind the quarter panel window. Both cars started from 2nd gear at about 40 MPH and went through all top gears. There is rumor already that there will be rematch

Here is the vid and graphed logs. Attached are the raw datalogs also

First Actual Run not shown in vid:

Click here to enlarge

Sixth Actual run shown in video as second run in vid

Click here to enlarge

Bavarian Technic Tool Datalog Grapher by Zasquatch http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...438#post461438

Raw datalog files FLBMW.zip

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good runs!!!
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Thanks for sharing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

3 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good runs ... There's more left in that bms car too. Timing is a bit down. What fuel was used in each car?
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Was the JB4'd 335i and AT or MT (since the 335is is DCT). There's obviously a LOT left in the 335is if it's running sub-18 psi.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

2 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Was the JB4'd 335i and AT or MT (since the 335is is DCT). There's obviously a LOT left in the 335is if it's running sub-18 psi.
    AT

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

yay I'm gonna race that 335i tonight?
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Nice pulls and nice comparo.
    11.76 @ 124 (123.9) full weight e92 335i, street tires, no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs! The JB4 car has not upgraded his in tank pump yet so he's running a too weak E40 mix. I think he did 117mph traps the other day at the track so nothing special compared to where it could be. It's always hard to hang with a DCT doing rolling runs anyway so I think he did just fine there.

PS. I hope those runs were done in Mexico... Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs! The JB4 car has not upgraded his in tank pump yet so he's running a too weak E40 mix. I think he did 117mph traps the other day at the track so nothing special compared to where it could be. It's always hard to hang with a DCT doing rolling runs anyway so I think he did just fine there.

PS. I hope those runs were done in Mexico... Click here to enlarge
    we shall see how he fares against a low boost (15psi) ST tonight Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    AT
    What's with the neg reps?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

3 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    we shall see how he fares against a low boost (15psi) ST tonight Click here to enlarge
    don't forget to post a vid Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Someone's clearly gone on a neg the thread posters rampage -- @Sticky, can you look into this? Clearly the person is just looking to create damage, not contribute in any meaningful way

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Nice runs! Yeah, the timing in the JB car is way down, but the COBB-only car is running less boost. Can't wait to see both in kill mode!
    Someone's clearly gone on a neg the thread posters rampage -- @Sticky , can you look into this? Clearly the person is just looking to create damage, not contribute in any meaningful way
    Agreed. Someone is neg ripping every post. Sticky, you should have some karma rule where your reps must balance (1 for 1).
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Nice runs! Yeah, the timing in the JB car is way down, but the COBB-only car is running less boost. Can't wait to see both in kill mode!Agreed. Someone is neg ripping every post. Sticky, you should have some karma rule where your reps must balance (1 for 1).
    He is running the Renntech tune right now. And yes I got hit hard with the reps for no reason.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So, single turbo results?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    So, single turbo results?
    I heard they were neck and neck to 160. Single turbo running off a 15psi wastegate spring vs. 18.5psi on the stock turbos. I think single turbo is going to crank it up to 18psi for a rematch soon. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I heard they were neck and neck to 160. Single turbo running off a 15psi wastegate spring vs. 18.5psi on the stock turbos. I think single turbo is going to crank it up to 18psi for a rematch soon. Click here to enlarge
    I thought the single turbo will pull at least 3 cars length, i think the problem with the tune of the single turbo, both cars 6AT?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should have join them in the race since the highway in Mexico had three lanes. I stayed behind and waited till they were done. The BMS / Cobb 335i was idle for about 20-30 minute before its next run with me again after racing the single turbo

I had a full tank of gas + me out weighing the driver and passenger in the BMS/Cobb 335i. So one more body was added to the back seat of the BMS 335i to compensate somewhat for my full tank of gas. The weight gap and octane of gas were now negligible

Results still ended up the same like in the OP I just lasted longer holding him till we hit 130ish then he started to pull up.

Keep in mind the camera is mounted to the rear of the 335is between the trunk and the quarter panel window. The same in the OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yup he got a jump down low and at 160 I was starting to pull by pretty quickly but it is over by then anyway. props to Pratik in the 335i it's in kill mode for sure and impressive. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yup. the turbo is so far out of it's efficiency range at 15psi lol. it won't even wake up until 18-20psi lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135idct Click here to enlarge
    I thought the single turbo will pull at least 3 cars length, i think the problem with the tune of the single turbo, both cars 6AT?
    Big single, stage 3, are all going to be behind from the jump on a stock turbo or stock frame turbo car. But should be able to reel them in pretty quickly once in their HP range. If AK was running more then 15 psi he would have reeled him in and left him by a few cars for sure.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BuraQ -- Maybe try placing the camera on the passenger side in the same location. That way you should be able to capture the roof line and get a better reference for how the cars stack up against each other. You should also get a little more "wide view" since you've positioned the camera further away.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    BuraQ -- Maybe try placing the camera on the passenger side in the same location. That way you should be able to capture the roof line and get a better reference for how the cars stack up against each other. You should also get a little more "wide view" since you've positioned the camera further away.
    Ah, yea I see what your saying. Will do that next time we run, which wont be until I get some major changes done and in the colder weather

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast