Close

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by tofu Click here to enlarge
    he should've just made it interface with andriod and ios, and develop an app for them. at least it would have been somewhat "different"
    Agree. Honestly that tablet looks out-dated for 5 years ago.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BlackJetE90OC Click here to enlarge
    Agree. Honestly that tablet looks out-dated for 5 years ago.
    It's preexisting hardware they are reselling. With a 320x240 resolution I don't see how anyone can refer to it as a tablet. It's a hardware based flash device.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

They just deleted a bunch of posts. Shiv told people to report them.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90Company Click here to enlarge
    They just deleted a bunch of posts. Shiv told people to report them.
    Not surprised. I noticed Shiv is a "dealer" for these. Suddenly this is all starting to make cents. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

shiv has way too much experience in the BS department to post some of the illogical statements that robinhood made.

i mean the guy just said that he was originally planning on making it a cable and software, but we would have complained about having to connect to our laptops...
    Attachment 31408
    For a $100.00 proprietary cable, I would not be complaining about a laptop. Click here to enlarge We are dealing with a $400.00 vishnu-supported device with long read/write cycles, no part map writing, no datalogging (yet). I would rather spend $600 and buy a used AP over this thing. Don't want to be contributing to Shiv's lambo payments now. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Not surprised. I noticed Shiv is a "dealer" for these. Suddenly this is all starting to make cents. Click here to enlarge
    The good news is Cobb can take all of these exposed open source maps once available and implement them into ATR pretty easily now. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Well they cleaned house on the thread. Now it just looks like a bunch of happy-go-lucky supporters and a few skeptics who will buy the device anyway.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Well they cleaned house on the thread. Now it just looks like a bunch of happy-go-lucky supporters and a few skeptics who will buy the device anyway.

Yup. This is why I've stopped trying. All that type work just for it to get deleted. Shiv post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

was fun while it lasted Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    The good news is Cobb can take all of these exposed open source maps once available and implement them into ATR pretty easily now.
    I don't know that there is anything we don't already have. I didn't see anything in the photos except that they obviously took the fuel scalar that I found last year. They are counting axis as tables (at least they said that before). That means a 3d table is counted as 3 tables for them. Open ATR and count your tables like this and you'll see our count is about the same.
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge
    web | forum | blog | facebook | twitter | youtube

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Josh@Cobb Click here to enlarge
    I don't know that there is anything we don't already have. I didn't see anything in the photos except that they obviously took the fuel scalar that I found last year. They are counting axis as tables (at least they said that before). That means a 3d table is counted as 3 tables for them. Open ATR and count your tables like this and you'll see our count is about the same.
    Well, I meant moving forward by the "community".

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

I got ya
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

What are the 160 editable tables and how many more are there than cobb?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

he should've just made it interface with andriod and ios, and develop an app for them. at least it would have been somewhat "different"
    Now there's thinking.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

What exactly was removed? Technical talk or criticism?

People still put up with censorship that blatant?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What exactly was removed? Technical talk or criticism?

People still put up with censorship that blatant?
    There isn't any technical debate going on from either end of the spectrum. It's mostly just "Wow, look what this device MIGHT do for the community. And look at how many features it MIGHT have in the future!" We all know it's just a flashing device, and they likely just ripped off tables from cobb under the guise that Shiv supplied all the data. Robinhood himself said that it is easy to get around the security restrictions in place to prevent people from downloading 3rd party flashed maps.

Everyone is looking at the device through rose tinted glasses and assuming the average e90poster is going to discover the holy grail through a glorified hex editor. While it would be great to see this device lead to advancements and pick up momentum, and it certainly is possibly in the months to come, it is the deceitful way it is being marketed that most of the complaints are about. They like to twist things around and pretend everyone is "hating" on the actual product, and not the salesman.

The posts deleted were mainly calling out Robinhood for flip flopping so many times and pulling statements like "Everyone would have complained if it was just a cheap cable that connects to your laptop" and out of his ass. If he was straight up and told everyone he saw a business opportunity and and went with it, despite this being completely different from the product first promised, I don't think many people would have a problem.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Lol... more deleted
    Josh Dankel
    ECU Engineer
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

lol i've reposted the same thing about 7 times now, and shiv is insta deleting it every time.

--------
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rombinhood@OpenFlash Click here to enlarge

It was others who made incorrect assumptions and attempted to urge us into spending our time on something and then to give it away for free. I don't tell you to go to work for free. So please don't tell me. I have a family. I have bills.
    Let's be clear. No one asked for "free" anything.

---------------
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

ah there we go!

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Ignored warning. Continue upon your return and ban will be permanent.
    Date the ban will be lifted: 07-08-2013, 06:00 PM

i guess clarification is a bannable offense now
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

I agree. That would have been nice. I hope he will see the light and do it!

Thinking positively, if the flashing device is $400 new, $200 2nd hand, its not too far from what we hoped for, a $100 cable. And having a device has some extra value for not needing the laptop all the time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Seriously what's the point of the touchscreen junk when you have ipad's, android devices, etc., unless you want a margin on hardware (how much does that touchscreen cost you guys think?) because the devices existence in of itself shows how easily software is ripped off?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

This dude proclaims open source, 150 cable, then talks to shiv and now has the nerve to tell others they were dreaming and others had high hopes? The same guy who said open source and then on launch date said well ok guys its not reaaally open source...who is this guy? lmfao people dont have these dreams about your product Robbinhood, you were the one setting those expectations very clearly until you made the 'big' announcement negating the way you hyped this up before release...shame, but for obvious theft of IP you could've at least tried to do better than this

I've never been one to support copy cats of other people's hard work and I certainly won't start now. Had this been truly innovative and not a rip off I'd be the first one to give it a blessing and consider it another tool worthy having in the toolbox if/when/where necessary.
    Last edited by dzenno@PTF; 07-04-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

We just need to let him know that he does not need to save Cobb or anyone else and push him to give us the $100 cable only solution. He clearly has the means but has lost the will to do it. Should we arrange a fund raising for getting him back to the track? He could make more profit with the cheap cable I believe.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    Should we arrange a fund raising for getting him back to the track?
    You high?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You high?
    We want open source. He wants to pay his bills. We are facing a potential lose-lose situation that needs to be turned into win-win.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast