Close

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    Interesting. I didn't even know you made pistons and rods for the N54....
    We sell a lot of CP pistons, Carrillo and Arrow Precision rods Click here to enlarge In stock, baby!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    A motor in an M does not an M motor make... If BMW's M division didn't make it then it simply isn't an M motor. Or they would have given it an S designation like they did with the S63. That motor is also based on a regular BMW motor but with modifications. See the trend? The 1M simply has the motor out of a 335is.

and 'an m motor in an m does not an m make' if you want to phrase it so awkwardly.

it's a package. the motor doesn't make the car, just as the car doesn't make the motor

just because the motor isn't extra special, doesn't make the 1m any less 'm'... unless you really think it's ALL botu the motor being extra unique and special.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    There are plenty of built N54s out there. We have sold a bunch of piston/rod combos already. There are plenty of badasses who simply don't post on the internets or participate in internet events.

2JZs were making 700whp in 1999 (6 years old). N54 isnt too far off.
    yes there are a $#@!load of built N54's... but there aren't a $#@!load of built N54's making big power, sadly

a lot of them are built for racing on stock turbos and stuff.... like a local shop here that's built probably 10 purely for class racing, and never makes more than 400-450whp.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    just because the motor isn't extra special, doesn't make the 1m any less 'm'...
    Yes it does. Especially considering just how lazy they were.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Yes it does. Especially considering just how lazy they were.
    that's true

was pretty lazy.

i should correct

>doesn't make the 1m any less 'm'...

to

>
    doesn't make the 1m any less deserving of being 'm' all merits considered...
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    We sell a lot of CP pistons, Carrillo and Arrow Precision rods Click here to enlarge In stock, baby!
    Well I can't say I'm in the market for N54 stuff anymore. But I will be putting in an order for some S54 stuff within the next year. Click here to enlarge

Sorry for OT
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    and 'an m motor in an m does not an m make' if you want to phrase it so awkwardly.

it's a package. the motor doesn't make the car, just as the car doesn't make the motor

just because the motor isn't extra special, doesn't make the 1m any less 'm'... unless you really think it's ALL botu the motor being extra unique and special.
    I never said the 1M wasn't an M car. I simply said it did not have an M motor.

A motor doesn't make a chassis special just like a chassis doesn't make a motor special. It all has to come together. And don't start anything by saying I am implying that the N54 isn't special. It is. In fact, it's my favorite motor. But that doesn't make it an M motor.

I doubt they will, but BMW could potentially make the new M3 amazing. I'm sure a modified N55/N54 would do good duty as an S55. But it needs to rev higher and not taper off up top. It also needs to be more responsive. Unfortunately, I fear that BMW will ruin the car like they have with so many of their recent releases unless they can actually exhibit some restraint for once.

If they make it good, I will buy it. If they don't, I am done with BMW and will probably buy an AMG instead. /rant
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never said the 1M wasn't an M car. I simply said it did not have an M motor.

A motor doesn't make a chassis special just like a chassis doesn't make a motor special. It all has to come together. And don't start anything by saying I am implying that the N54 isn't special. It is. In fact, it's my favorite motor. But that doesn't make it an M motor.

I doubt they will, but BMW could potentially make the new M3 amazing. I'm sure a modified N55/N54 would do good duty as an S55. But it needs to rev higher and not taper off up top. It also needs to be more responsive. Unfortunately, I fear that BMW will ruin the car like they have with so many of their recent releases unless they can actually exhibit some restraint for once.

If they make it good, I will buy it. If they don't, I am done with BMW and will probably buy an AMG instead. /rant
    yep, fair enough.
    boop

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678