Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Well this sure spun out of control fast. But to be clear, I stand by what I said. Stock motor, stock injectors, stock fuel lines, etc etc 700+ WHP very impressive. Stock motor, full aftermarket fuel system and stand alone ECU. Not nearly as much.
    It's a factory turbo motor that had a nice dyno pull that's it. It isn't competing with s54's anytime soon if ever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's a factory turbo motor that had a nice dyno pull that's it. It isn't competing with s54's anytime soon if ever.
    Here we go Sticky the spinster, spinning it every way except the way it was meant to be taken. What I said is accurate no matter how bad you just want to argue with people. Show us all an S54 on stock motor, stock fuel system with one extra pump making 725WHP+ and I will rest my case. If you cant then as I said, its accurate. My entire point was this guy is an idiot if he doesn't think 725WHP with a bolt on turbo kit is impressive. But somehow it got spun into another sticky hating on the N54 rant and how inferior it is to all other BMW offerings. For a platform that pays most of your bills, you sure hate on it a lot.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Here we go Sticky the spinster, spinning it every way except the way it was meant to be taken. What I said is accurate no matter how bad you just want to argue with people. Show us all an S54 on stock motor, stock fuel system with one extra pump making 725WHP+ and I will rest my case. If you cant then as I said, its accurate. My entire point was this guy is an idiot if he doesn't think 725WHP with a bolt on turbo kit is impressive. But somehow it got spun into another sticky hating on the N54 rant and how inferior it is to all other BMW offerings. For a platform that pays most of your bills, you sure hate on it a lot.

I will try to stop at 724whp Click here to enlarge
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Well this sure spun out of control fast. But to be clear, I stand by what I said. Stock motor, stock injectors, stock fuel lines, etc etc 700+ WHP very impressive. Stock motor, full aftermarket fuel system and stand alone ECU. Not nearly as much.
    +1

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    I will try to stop at 724whp Click here to enlarge
    HAHA. Eff that! Push that baby til it blows!!Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

I think what I said is accurate as well so that doesn't make it hating it just makes it reality. It's a dyno pull, that's it and yet to be repeated, exceeded, or done by a third party customer. Let's not go too far.

What one thinks of a 725 whp single pull is their business but people aren't running around on the street with that power. I'm in a position where I can balance the hyperbole.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Im working on something that will compete

HAHA. Eff that! Push that baby til it blows!!Click here to enlarge
    LOL we had to call it off temporarily.. 100 oct time lol $#@!s getting real now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Im working on something that will compete

LOL we had to call it off temporarily.. 100 oct time lol $#@!s getting real now
    And I wish you well but honestly it's an uphill battle and all advatages are on the other side. Enjoy but have realistic expectations.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

And I wish you well but honestly it's an uphill battle and all advatages are on the other side. Enjoy but have realistic expectations.
    You are right its a STEEP uphill battle. But with vargas and shiv doing what they have done as well as what we are doing, a year or few years from now, it will be easy with all the current R&D

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

You are right its a STEEP uphill battle. But with vargas and shiv doing what they have done as well as what we are doing, a year or few years from now, it will be easy with all the current R&D
    Physical design limitations mean it will neverebe easy to match others so it's always uphill. Just enjoy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

These power levels with nothing more than a in tank pump and turbo kit have never been achieved on any 3.0L platform before. But I think people tend to underestimate factory bottom ends just because some engines are weak. For an apples to oranges comparison, in LSx land the LS1 is said to be good for a max of 8-9psi, or 500-550whp before it explodes. But then you see people with bolt on's and 18psi making 700-800whp on stock bottom ends for 20k miles on 120k mile blocks. In DSM land they say the 4G63 needs built, but there are 6 bolt early motors capable of 700whp on the stock bottom. The old 2.3L SVO ford motor is basically an anvil of a block with a POS head.

For many platforms, hypereutectic pistons are considered the best upgrade, depending on your goals and power levels. As for the rest, I think the factory doesn't get enough credit. And that's not just for our platform, have you seen what sort of stress tests they subjected the new turbo V6 in the ford pickup to? If we are talking stock bottom ends, the list of cars capable of 700+whp is pages long. Our platform is simply unique in how little things we need to change to get there, which is in essence nothing.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by V8Bait Click here to enlarge
    These power levels with nothing more than a in tank pump and turbo kit have never been achieved on any 3.0L platform before. But I think people tend to underestimate factory bottom ends just because some engines are weak. For an apples to oranges comparison, in LSx land the LS1 is said to be good for a max of 8-9psi, or 500-550whp before it explodes. But then you see people with bolt on's and 18psi making 700-800whp on stock bottom ends for 20k miles on 120k mile blocks. In DSM land they say the 4G63 needs built, but there are 6 bolt early motors capable of 700whp on the stock bottom. The old 2.3L SVO ford motor is basically an anvil of a block with a POS head.

For many platforms, hypereutectic pistons are considered the best upgrade, depending on your goals and power levels. As for the rest, I think the factory doesn't get enough credit. And that's not just for our platform, have you seen what sort of stress tests they subjected the new turbo V6 in the ford pickup to? If we are talking stock bottom ends, the list of cars capable of 700+whp is pages long. Our platform is simply unique in how little things we need to change to get there, which is in essence nothing.
    +1 on this. Also, you are right. That new ford eco-boost V6 is a BEAST. Ford did a good job on that thing. We actually just shipped out prototype upgraded eco-boost turbos to our tuner in Texas to be installed and tuned. Looking to get about 500-550 WHP. Us and Full race are the only ones doing these right now and we are about 3-4 months ahead of them as far as actually having something to test even though they announced an upgrade almost 2 years ago, they still haven't shown anything. That eco-boost market is huge. Ford F-150, best selling vehicle on the planet.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Full Race also mentioned last year they had plans to develop an n54 turbo kit...guess that never materialized
    [02/07 E92 335i 6MT] - Under Construction

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yes, if anyone is not impressed by that, they are an idiot, just not sure who here isn't impressed, by the sounds of it, maybe sticky, but have you had multiple dynos over 700 with that car? Has it ran at the track? Honestly, just curious, no matter what you've done what no one else has on this car. And without a single top mount turbo so many say is they key.

Tony, have you been working on pushing it further?

Is fuel delivery really keeping so many people from seeing this motor's potential?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

+1 on this. Also, you are right. That new ford eco-boost V6 is a BEAST. Ford did a good job on that thing. We actually just shipped out prototype upgraded eco-boost turbos to our tuner in Texas to be installed and tuned. Looking to get about 500-550 WHP. Us and Full race are the only ones doing these right now and we are about 3-4 months ahead of them as far as actually having something to test even though they announced an upgrade almost 2 years ago, they still haven't shown anything. That eco-boost market is huge. Ford F-150, best selling vehicle on the planet.
    +1, ecoboost is definitely going to be a great platform. We're going to see some fast trucks. I wonder if they will come back with the lightning...
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

Are you sure about that?

"The project began in February 2010, when Ford engineers asked Full-Race to design prototype EFR turbo kits for the soon-to-be-released 3.5L V6 F-150 and 2.0L 4cyl EcoBoost engines. Full-Race received the test engines then built prototypes for Ford's CFD (computational fluid dynamics) department to use for a thorough analysis and to calculate performance. On paper, the turbo kit delivered as promised, with our manifolds scoring a 96% on the gamma index (flow uniformity) and realizing full boost by ~2000rpm. We were given the green light to finish the turbo kits and get them ready to be put to the test in their engine-dyno room and prove real-world durability. The systems passed the testing and once finished, we put the engines and kits on display at BorgWarner's 2010 SEMA and PRI booths - coinciding with Ford's public debut of their EcoBoost engines."

Pretty sure comparing your turbo upgrade for the ecoboost to FR's turbo upgrade is an apple-to-oranges comparison - no offense meant but they are in a different league.

http://www.full-race.com/articles/th...k-o-boost.html
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    +1, ecoboost is definitely going to be a great platform. We're going to see some fast trucks. I wonder if they will come back with the lightning...
    You will, it's coming soon actually, just won't be called a lightning, "tremor'' will be the tag, and it should be fairly easy to achieve 500 plus horse.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    You will, it's coming soon actually, just won't be called a lightning, "tremor'' will be the tag, and it should be fairly easy to achieve 500 plus horse.
    Very interesting, do you have any sources? Or is this publicly available information?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2063 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mjmarovi Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...tual-successor

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

No V8. Turbo 6 may end up being better, but where is the line drawn between the regular ecoboost and this one? When it comes to engine rebuild time, I think these engines may end up producing similar power. I am smelling S55 vs N55 similarities, lol. You're queue Joe.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Its the same motor in the current trucks, just a smaller, lighter truck, but you can do simple bolt one for an easy 100hp, a friend has a '12 fx4 ecoboost with intake, downpipes, and tune, and he shaved over a second off his 1/4 mile time ona 90 day and going from stock streets to 35" mud terrains... But now we're really off topic, back to n54 talk please!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I'd rep you if I could.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticwarrantiesower68
    I think what I said is accurate as well so that doesn't make it hating it just makes it reality. It's a dyno pull, that's it and yet to be repeated, exceeded, or done by a third party customer. Let's not go too far.

What one thinks of a 725 whp single pull is their business but people aren't running around on the street with that power. I'm in a position where I can balance the hyperbole.
    I guess you could say the same about your car. You made 1 dyno pull. Doesn't mean anything.
    But you made your power with a built motor. Our top and bottom end are still stock.

The way you talk of the S65 is pure worship. If people start making built N54's with 1000-1200whp would you congratulate them, probably not cause it's not a S65. It's just crazy man.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by govr46 Click here to enlarge
    I guess you could say the same about your car. You made 1 dyno pull. Doesn't mean anything.
    But you made your power with a built motor. Our top and bottom end are still stock.

The way you talk of the S65 is pure worship. If people start making built N54's with 1000-1200whp would you congratulate them, probably not cause it's not a S65. It's just crazy man.
    Its clearly a an I am better than you situation taken personally and then it comes out as this unexplainable, "My car is just, better" feeling. S65 owners are plagued with this. Sure their engines are superior in many ways, but they won't own up to certain comparisons where they aren't. It always resorts back to, but I could just slap on an XYZ mod, usually costing much more and taken the average M3 modder vs average N54 modder, the N54 is going to be faster for less money. This is probably a heart breaker because normally its the other way around. Usually the saying is, if you want to go faster, you might as well upgrade to the next model up. AKA, 328 -> 335. But with the 335i, there is little reason to go M3 if you want power, because its more affordable on the 335 than buying a brand new car. Look at LM. He spent more money and went slower.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)

Yeah, it seems that people forget very easily and quickly then even though only 6 cylinders, the N54 is still an M motor, and obviously cost them more to make and they don't see it as an equal to other 3 series motors or they wouldn't be charging extra for the vehicles to get it! (is)
    2009 335i coupe back to stock...for now

Click here to enlarge

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast