0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Whatever he says.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Starting to think that even with the in tank dual pumps and Vargas HPFS upgrade, you cant really fuel MUCH over 600-650 WHP on E85 at this time with out using meth or race fuel. theoretically we are trying to fuel upwards of 660+ whp on E85 alone. We know shiv made a touch over 600 whp on 91 only so in the coming days we will see how 93 only does and see where that gets us
    Last edited by Ak335i; 06-27-2013 at 05:23 PM.
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I mean we have about E60 in the tank now with the dual pump setup and it will redline with no issues but we are just burning the fuel off to re start on 93...

Maybe we can work back up to E40 or E50 like this on 16PSI... But if it means having to mix at the pump vs add meth. Ill probably settle for what i can get on 93 until we hash out the trans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    Starting to think that even with the in tank dual pumps and Vargas HPFS upgrade, you cant really fuel MUCH over 600-650 WHP on E85 at this time with out using meth or race fuel. theoretically we are trying to fuel upwards of 660+ whp on E85 alone. We know shiv made a touch over 600 whp on 91 only so in the coming days we will see how 93 only does and see where that gets us
    I dont see why you wouldnt be able to make 650 WHP on E85 but not on 16 lbs of boost I dont think.

I have preordered a set of stage 3 vtt turbos and have the vtt HPFP upgrade as well but have not yet installed it until my stage 3 turbos arrive. I plan on running 100% e85 tune and shooting for 600-650 whp and limiting tq to 500 for the sake of my AT transmission.

Right now I have been running a 100% e85 from the pump since February with no issues yet on stock turbos with the intank walbro so far.

Excited to see how your setup does and progresses...Click here to enlarge
    Titanium Silver E92 09 BMW 335i xdrive 6AT
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail
    Protuned via Cobb by JR TUNED @ PandL Motorsports
    75%E85/25%93 blend 430awhp/470lbs tq on AWD Dynojet
    Dyno Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE6Ed...ature=youtu.be

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DQE92 Click here to enlarge
    I dont see why you wouldnt be able to make 650 WHP on E85 but not on 16 lbs of boost I dont think.

I have preordered a set of stage 3 vtt turbos and have the vtt HPFP upgrade as well but have not yet installed it until my stage 3 turbos arrive. I plan on running 100% e85 tune and shooting for 600-650 whp and limiting tq to 500 for the sake of my AT transmission.

Right now I have been running a 100% e85 from the pump since February with no issues yet on stock turbos with the intank walbro so far.

The issue with e85 seems to be mid range fueling limitations on upgraded turbos. Pumps don't seem to be able to flow enough fuel.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I wonder though if the fuel system has the capability of flowing enough fuel or if this is something that can be tuned? Im no expert but just a thought.
    KW V3 coilovers, AMS FMIC, AR Catless DP, Walbro 455 LPFP, BMS DCI, Alpina B3 Trans Flash, Vargas HPFP and Rail

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I probably missed this some where, but are you running out of e85 on the high preasure side or the low preasure side?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Right we prob need a little more boost... hard to say.. But the question is can our fuel system even with the Vargas HPFS upgrade and the walbro 450/stock lpfp in parallel supply enough fuel to make 650 on straight E85 no meth... we fell short with the Fuel lab setup in the higher RPMS about 5.5K rpms and above. We intend to test it out though with this setup later

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mycoupe Click here to enlarge
    The issue with e85 seems to be mid range fueling limitations on upgraded turbos. Pumps don't seem to be able to flow enough fuel.
    It seemed it may have been a mid range problem with upgraded TT but on the 6466 we have enough fuel on the mid range. Its from 5500RPMS up we were running out. But then again we havent tried with the new LPFP set up. We are gonna get it hashed out on 93 only then move back to E85

I wonder though if the fuel system has the capability of flowing enough fuel or if this is something that can be tuned? Im no expert but just a thought.
    Its hard to say. We will get as close as we can and have terry check logs are reflash and see what we come up with

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bdtsulev Click here to enlarge
    I probably missed this some where, but are you running out of e85 on the high preasure side or the low preasure side?
    We were running out on the Low pressure side. That was with the big FUel lab pump.. We are seeing that the twin pumps in parallel setup seem to be supporting E60ish but we are not tuning that yet. just burning that fuel off and going back to 93 for a dyno session soon

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I thought tony had said he was running 100% e85 on the 720hp tune before he took the kit off for production??? I know that for the actual dyno it was race gas/pump with meth but seem to remember him saying afterwards it was running on just e85 and he had to have dzenno adjust the fuel scalar.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    I thought tony had said he was running 100% e85 on the 720hp tune before he took the kit off for production??? I know that for the actual dyno it was race gas/pump with meth but seem to remember him saying afterwards it was running on just e85 and he had to have dzenno adjust the fuel scalar.
    IDK, @VargasTurboTech
    was he running it? or did he dyno like that? did he use meth with it?

FWIW my car runs on 100% E85. It just crapped out above 5500-5800RPM under WOT in 3rd gear or higher with the prior LPFP setup. Havent retried with this setup yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    EVO guys are running dual 255 lph pumps at 900HP at a much higher fuel pressure than your required 72psi for the DI setup. I would think you should be fine with dual pumps depending on what fuel pressure you're looking for. Which pumps are you running? I know a couple guys running dual 455lph walboros and they're running 40psi of boost at a base pressure of 43 psi so the pumps are supporting 900HP at 83psi fuel pressure.

IDK, @VargasTurboTech

FWIW my car runs on 100% E85. It just crapped out above 5500-5800RPM under WOT in 3rd gear or higher with the prior LPFP setup. Havent retried with this setup yet
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    EVO guys are running dual 255 lph pumps at 900HP at a much higher fuel pressure than your required 72psi for the DI setup. I would think you should be fine with dual pumps depending on what fuel pressure you're looking for. Which pumps are you running? I know a couple guys running dual 455lph walboros and they're running 40psi of boost at a base pressure of 43 psi so the pumps are supporting 900HP at 83psi fuel pressure.
    Right now we are running a 450LPH and a new oem lpfp in parallel in the tank. All we need is to hold 72PSI supposedly to support straight E85. With 93 octane now we are seeing more than enough fuel on up to 20PSI boost so far. Going to finish tuning it on 100oct for now and then maybe try to go back to e85. Havent tried e85 with this current setup yet

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    They tested 100% E85 on Melissa's car a long while back, and I was running mixed for a while. She has a 62mm with a 6MT. I'm sure we'll see more E85 testing soon, definitely with the upcoming fueling upgrade wars.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by E90SoFlo Click here to enlarge
    Meth is good. Don't understand the hate
    I don't know who is on a neg repping spree lately but these are both constructive replies to this thread so they don't deserve to be neg repped. Pos repped to offset it. The guilty party should feel ashamed.

Also, I'm very excited about the possibility of running 100% E85 on this platform. E85 is great stuff.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    IDK, @VargasTurboTech

I indeed ran straight E85 on the street with that set up and and exact tune after I pulled it off the dyno. Did some logs and VD pulls. Car ran perfect and had good logs. Felt just as strong as on gas and meth. Just no longer needed the meth. Didn't run it for long like that but we did run it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I indeed ran straight E85 on the street with that set up and and exact tune after I pulled it off the dyno. Did some logs and VD pulls. Car ran perfect and had good logs. Felt just as strong as on gas and meth. Just no longer needed the meth. Didn't run it for long like that but we did run it.

Well thats promising.. so i could deduce from this that on 20psi on my car i should get away with straight e85 since we have the same fuel system setup... I guess ill find out when i get home.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well thats promising.. so i could deduce from this that on 20psi on my car i should get away with straight e85 since we have the same fuel system setup... I guess ill find out when i get home.
    Just a heads up. Yes I ran the car on E85, drove it quite a bit to be honest. But we never tested extensively on E85. I am not claiming you can run E85 without any issues on your set up. Just letting you know before I pulled stuff down I did run it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Just a heads up. Yes I ran the car on E85, drove it quite a bit to be honest. But we never tested extensively on E85. I am not claiming you can run E85 without any issues on your set up. Just letting you know before I pulled stuff down I did run it.
    This is good to hear since I plan on doing a straight e85 tune on the VTT stage 3 kit with the same fuel setup.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I hear ya.. for all the similarities in the stg3 car and mine there are as many differences. Going to move forward for now and work on getting a solid 100oct daily tune and once that is done ill just throw some str8 E85 in and see if the car obliges lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Please post some logs. I'd like to see what your fueling vs boost graphs looks like.
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Please post some logs. I'd like to see what your fueling vs boost graphs looks like.
    As I said in the past, all stage 3 logs are not mine to post. I made an agreement with PTF and the logs are theirs to do what they want with. I assume when stage 3 starts shipping the logs will be posted.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

As we havent officially tested E85 on the stage 3 setup we wouldn't have any logs to share nor can i say our tuning can support 100% E85 at this time. Once we get to tune and push power on E85 we'll know better and probably same day.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Fair enough D. Now, lets get those VTT3s in production!
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Fair enough D. Now, lets get those VTT3s in production!
    +1! Click here to enlarge

Leaning towards slapping them on our E92 MT so I can bypass the AT headaches for now.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

how you will limit the torque? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by cupra Click here to enlarge
    how you will limit the torque? Click here to enlarge
    tune it for less boost in the midrange... so it hits 500tq and holds it to redline, i guess?

500ft-lb of torque at 7000rpm gets you 666whp

so

no complaining there?
    boop

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast