Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

7 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Vargas Stage II installed

Dropped my car off last week at Cobb tuning in Plano Tx. Guys over there did an exceptional job of getting turbos installed along with a ton of preventive maintenance work. I'm running The rb flash from BMS along with G5 iso. I'm am very happy with my car so far. Iam running a 50/50 blend of e85/93. Mods are FBO, Walbro e85 lpfp, BMS trunk mount meth kit, Level 10 trans. and wavetrack lsd. Also installed new eibach pro kit, replaced serpentine belts and pulleys, oil filter housing gaskets, new plugs (ngk5992), 6 new coils and 6 new injectors and got rid of that POS raceland dp for a bms. First thing I noticed is how quiet my car is now. The old turbos rattled so bad I couldn't take it anywhere nice due to the rediculous noises it was making. I have not had one single code or issue since picking up the car on Sat. Morn. For the first 200 miles I drove on map 5 and took it easy. After that I turned it up to map 7 and at first I was like this things not that much faster until I watched it climb on the speedo and wow is this $#@! fast. It is just such a smooth power delivery that you don't notice how fast its climbing. Trans. shifting is quick and crisp but not over the top.Havent gotten alpina flash to work yet due to a error code it keeps giving me but I can't wait to get it going. Not sure what the issue is but I coded my injectors with inpa just fine. Ill dig into that this weekend. It has been raining and hot and humid as hell since the day I picked it up but was able to get a couple of logs. Created this from my phone so if you don't mind Terry@BMS could you put up a log or 2 for evaluation. I will be setting up a dyno session at Dallas Mustang in the next week. Thanks to Tony@Vargas, Terry@BMS ,everyone @COBB Tuning Plano, Level 10 for the trans parts and Eric who did install of trans. Parts. I have not ran the car on any custom maps yet or my meth maps. More to come and thanks to all in the community that helped. You know who you are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Here is the log from your n54tech thread. Looks decent. With E50 map 7 is working fine and holding plenty of fuel pressure. My only concern would be on the PWM side. This is 18.5psi tapering to 16psi at redline and we're pretty low on upward PWM movement.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I can't see the log only text.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by jzeee037 Click here to enlarge
    I can't see the log only text.
    I see the log just fine. Refresh?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    OP: Use the enter key Click here to enlarge
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sorry never started a thread only commented and am usually on my phone.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No worries. Just hard to read. Congrats on the new turbos and thanks for posting results!
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are you planning to dyno the car? Do you have a baseline?
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Hopefully he can get this thing on a dynojet soon. What the world wants to know is how much power do these make maxed out. That means boost cranked up to 20psi, 12-13 degrees of advance on E85 +meth, and lets see if they crack 500rw on a dynojet, overlay them with RB turbo dynos, etc.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Hopefully he can get this thing on a dynojet soon. What the world wants to know is how much power do these make maxed out. That means boost cranked up to 20psi, 12-13 degrees of advance on E85 +meth, and lets see if they crack 500rw on a dynojet, overlay them with RB turbo dynos, etc.
    looking forward to seeing data
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Waiting on them to call me back and setup a time and day.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much time do i need to set up for on the dyno. All they have this week is 2hrs. on Thurs. at 9:00am central time. No baseline without bolt ons yet. Best I can do is take tunes off.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Make sure you pick a dynojet where other 335s have dyno tested around 270-280rw 100% stock. But I imagine not more than an hour or so to do 5-6 pulls in various configurations. If you need my assistance via email I'm not around until normally 8:30am PST so the time might be an issue. But I can just send you the maps you need to test if you just want to do a few pulls and see where they stand.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    We can try that first to get an idea. Then maybe in another week we can do more of a live tuning via email and I can schedule a couple of hours later in the day. When you get a chance if you don't mind send me what we need terry. Thanks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    This exactly!!!!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dropped my car off last week at Cobb tuning in Plano Tx. Guys over there did an exceptional job of getting turbos installed along with a ton of preventive maintenance work. I'm running The rb flash from BMS along with G5 iso. I'm am very happy with my car so far. Iam running a 50/50 blend of e85/93. Mods are FBO, Walbro e85 lpfp, BMS trunk mount meth kit, Level 10 trans. and wavetrack lsd. Also installed new eibach pro kit, replaced serpentine belts and pulleys, oil filter housing gaskets, new plugs (ngk5992), 6 new coils and 6 new injectors and got rid of that POS raceland dp for a bms. First thing I noticed is how quiet my car is now. The old turbos rattled so bad I couldn't take it anywhere nice due to the rediculous noises it was making. I have not had one single code or issue since picking up the car on Sat. Morn. For the first 200 miles I drove on map 5 and took it easy. After that I turned it up to map 7 and at first I was like this things not that much faster until I watched it climb on the speedo and wow is this $#@! fast. It is just such a smooth power delivery that you don't notice how fast its climbing. Trans. shifting is quick and crisp but not over the top.Havent gotten alpina flash to work yet due to a error code it keeps giving me but I can't wait to get it going. Not sure what the issue is but I coded my injectors with inpa just fine. Ill dig into that this weekend. It has been raining and hot and humid as hell since the day I picked it up but was able to get a couple of logs. Created this from my phone so if you don't mind Terry@BMS could you put up a log or 2 for evaluation. I will be setting up a dyno session at Dallas Mustang in the next week. Thanks to Tony@Vargas, Terry@BMS ,everyone @COBB Tuning Plano, Level 10 for the trans parts and Eric who did install of trans. Parts. I have not ran the car on any custom maps yet or my meth maps. More to come and thanks to all in the community that helped. You know who you are.
    Paragraphs my man, paragraphs.

Still, great to see the Stage II's getting into the wild.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    This exactly!!!!
    Really shouldn't they both be about the same?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    One will provide him with bragging rights and make him happy, the other will infuriate him because of the disappointing amount of power the other dyno says he makes.

The only AWD dyno in my area is a heart breaker, then the operator applies a atmospheric compensation which further skews the results to heart break land.

It would be nice if OP posted a before/after dyno to show the delta between factory turbos and the stg2's. I'd also like to see the dyno plot just for an idea of what the power band looks like.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    One will provide him with bragging rights and make him happy, the other will infuriate him because of the disappointing amount of power the other dyno says he makes.

The only AWD dyno in my area is a heart breaker, then the operator applies a atmospheric compensation which further skews the results to heart break land.

It would be nice if OP posted a before/after dyno to show the delta between factory turbos and the stg2's. I'd also like to see the dyno plot just for an idea of what the power band looks like.
    I was more talking about the difference between the RB's and the Stage II's how big of a variance are people expecting?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was more talking about the difference between the RB's and the Stage II's how big of a variance are people expecting?
    Sorry. Yes, I'm also interested to see how the two compare. I've been on the fence about both for a while now. 94+Meth is getting slow, especially since I got stickier tires.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats on the install OP.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't believe you could go wrong with either. I am very happy with these. My car runs very good with the vargas. Only time will tell if the upgraded thrust parts pay off. This is the main reason I went with these over the rb's. If the vargas don't make what the rb's do oh well no big deal. I think they can get close to 500 and maybe more. I did find a dynojet but they called this morn. And rescheduled for early Sat. Thanks @ra2289

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Should yes. But VT2 owners have been sounding like Vishnu ST owners. "We're not pushing them to limits" or "we're just enjoying them". The masses have been waiting to see a 20psi dyno run for an apples to apples comparison with RBs. No one said they had to DD on this balls to the walls map. Just a good dyno run for comparisons. Now hopefully we'll see that
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Ill push I promise. Why have upgraded turbos and not know what they'll do.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why have upgraded turbos and not know what they'll do.
    That is what we all have been wondering. They have been installed for over 2 months now on customer cars unless I am mistaken but no all out dynos yet.

It would be really nice to be able to compare them side by side.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast