Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

@hpfpupgrade: So if you can't 'see the changes' to the pump you can 'show what you're doing' with it.
    Pump hooked up to your test bench, for example. A picture of a pump & fuel rail. Some of your machines perhaps.
    +1 on seeing flow before and flow after. Your end users won't be able to hook it up to scientific measuring devices.
    LEMANS BLUE M-TECH E92->PROCEDE REV3::ETS 7" FMIC::RACELAND DPS::WAVETRAC DIFF::DEFIV DIFF LOCKDOWN::DEFIV OCC::DEFIV INTAKE::RB PCV

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What has he done wrong here?
    It sounds like he's doing exactly what he's allegedly done in other platforms:

1. Advertise a new "solution"
    2. Provide no data
    3. Ask potential customers to send them their stock parts for upgrade

This is where he's at with our platform, but this is what he's allegedly done after he's received the customer parts:

4. nothing

Same old song and dance imo.
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Hey guys,

I also have a HPFP upgrade available. It is priced at $1 less than HPFPUpgrades service with the added benefit of not having to send me your old pump.

For whatever that cost works out to, I will send you an invoice saying you have an upgraded pump. You then take this invoice, and keep it in your BMW at all times. After placing the invoice in your vehicle you may or may not notice a performance upgrade. Please ensure you reset adaptations via INPA and run no more than 8 lbs of boost. At this point you will discover that your newly certified ultra high flow stage 4+ HPFP will have absolutely no issues keeping up with demand. You will also notice a big drop in fuel trims.

PM me for paypal details.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    This won't be enough to get guys to send in pumps. You need to show something.

I think due to some past issues you have an uphill battle. You need to go above and beyond.

Get some reputable members to work with you on this and offer them a discount. They will show their results showing this is for real and in addition to that you should supply before/after data, photos, videos, dynos, everything. I mean throw so much data at them there are no doubts. That is my advice and what I would do but it's your business.

No need to neg rep him guys seriously give him a chance.
    My single turbo car will be testing the Stage 1 and Stage 2 pump. Another single turbo car will also be testing the Stage 1 pump.

As soon as either of us have tangible results, we will share. For now, John is still doing some R&D before he sends us the pumps, plus my car is having a couple things done to it in the mean time.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Let him make the pump. We don't need to send him anything though.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge
    My single turbo car will be testing the Stage 1 and Stage 2 pump. Another single turbo car will also be testing the Stage 1 pump.

As soon as either of us have tangible results, we will share. For now, John is still doing some R&D before he sends us the pumps, plus my car is having a couple things done to it in the mean time.
    Good I look forward to what you have to share and hope it works out for all parties.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    You make it sound like this upgrade is already in the hands of a couple customers. Is this true?

Or are you asking for people to send them parts so you can upgrade them and then they can test...and then they can post about the results?
    We have the fuel system in the hands of a few customers. We are still putting the miles on the different fueling systems, when they are finally tuned and results are done, we will post them.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    definitely not better than proper papers and graphs by any stretch of the imagination

good to know you're offering a cheaper option though.

because to start with.... sterile 'perfect world' results are a good baseline... all sorts of external factors can effect how they truly perform

good to hear there'll be proper flow rate increase numbers though.
    We can test the pump and show the results, but there is no way for us to test the two parts together. We can show the results from the pump testing, but that is not a fair representation of our parts. I will get testing papers put together so we can release them with the customer results.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JoshBoody Click here to enlarge
    Well just some discussion on what’s being improved. The pump inlet, spring, and rail are mentioned, but not the pump outlet. Inlet and rpm (return spring I take it) do not seem to be an issue so far. Modifying the rail is opening up the orifices to reduce restriction (I guess)… why is this helping when PD pump is linear flow up to its mechanical efficiency limits. Does it have to do with flow/time related to piston pulses… just curious as everyone is just discussing general capacity but no one seems to explain/understand the cause. I little PD 101 would be interesting for me.
    There is no reason to modify the pump outlet, at its current size (3 into 1) it could move enough fuel to feed 1400 to 1600 HP. There are restrictions inside the pump that I can only assume that BMW designed into the casting. The springs are very light and from what we have seen spring float in the higher RPM's. The pumps mechanical limit has been seen in the lower RPM's and we are working on that with our S2 pump design.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    How about we stop marketing fuel pump upgrades without first publishing flow data before/after to at least provide a minimal evaluation for their performance?
    I agree with that, but need some feed back to see if people want this as an option.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    LOL. You must be new to marketing.

didn't you guys already run a thread that nobody really cared about, because you've scammed individuals on other forums with your 'upgrades' that promise big and deliver little?

Why don't you come up with some concrete evidence that your product actually does something. You'll notice traditional fuel pumps will actually plot out linear flow maps that show various gains in different pressure ranges.

Why not provide a useful graph to show what you've come up with that shows a measurable difference in pump output versus engine rpm. If you bothered to look into the issue, low rpm and high rpm are the current starvation points. Are your upgrades to the pump safe for e85?

If you cannot demonstrate using a picture what you are changing/doing, then you aren't changing/doing anything.
    Yawn... this whole scammed thing is getting old. We have never scammed anyone, period.

I can come up with a graph and show the gains and log all those parameters and in the end the fuel pumps will be $2500 each. The current software we have cost $3,000 and I can get peak flow, cc/min, temp, inlet and outlet pressures, and pulse rate. What you are asking me to provide you with would cost another $65,000 in machine upgrades/software and it would only show the results from the fuel pump, not the fuel pump and rail.

Our pumps are safe for E85 but only the S2 pump will provide proper fueling for big power on E85, the current S1 pump will still run lean in the midrange just like the stock pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 654 Click here to enlarge
    I haven't seen any reliable data of current "HPFP upgrades" in the market that would show the porting to increase flow in the mid range. I believe we need HPFP piston upgrade to cover that rev range.
    Our S2 pump will have the piston upgrade! The S1 fuel system has shown increases of 20% in the midrange and even more in the upper RPM's. We are working on it, just have to finalize the S1 fuel system results first.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This won't be enough to get guys to send in pumps. You need to show something.

I think due to some past issues you have an uphill battle. You need to go above and beyond.

Get some reputable members to work with you on this and offer them a discount. They will show their results showing this is for real and in addition to that you should supply before/after data, photos, videos, dynos, everything. I mean throw so much data at them there are no doubts. That is my advice and what I would do but it's your business.

No need to neg rep him guys seriously give him a chance.
    We are working on those details now, we will have something that shows the pumps are working and working well in those vehicles that need additional fuel.

I understand the hesitation from everyone, and that is fair. I just don't appreciate being called a scammer when we have never in the history of our business scammed anyone.

Look at it this way, if we do have a fuel system that works what the worst that can happen?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by uniter Click here to enlarge
    @hpfpupgrade : So if you can't 'see the changes' to the pump you can 'show what you're doing' with it.
    Pump hooked up to your test bench, for example. A picture of a pump & fuel rail. Some of your machines perhaps.
    +1 on seeing flow before and flow after. Your end users won't be able to hook it up to scientific measuring devices.
    That will be easy. I will get pictures loaded sometime this week. I don't see how posting pictures of pumps and rails would benefit anyone, but I will get those loaded.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nafoo Click here to enlarge
    It sounds like he's doing exactly what he's allegedly done in other platforms:

1. Advertise a new "solution"
    2. Provide no data
    3. Ask potential customers to send them their stock parts for upgrade

This is where he's at with our platform, but this is what he's allegedly done after he's received the customer parts:

4. nothing

Same old song and dance imo.
    LOL,

Just a few video's of customers cars running our parts and setting records. So if we are not doing anything with them... how would they be setting records? We all have our opinions, I will keep mine to myself and let our parts do the speaking for us. I am excited about what we have to offer and when the results are posted we can say, "see what we did". Give us a little time and you will not be upset with the results.

Hey guys,

I also have a HPFP upgrade available. It is priced at $1 less than HPFPUpgrades service with the added benefit of not having to send me your old pump.

For whatever that cost works out to, I will send you an invoice saying you have an upgraded pump. You then take this invoice, and keep it in your BMW at all times. After placing the invoice in your vehicle you may or may not notice a performance upgrade. Please ensure you reset adaptations via INPA and run no more than 8 lbs of boost. At this point you will discover that your newly certified ultra high flow stage 4+ HPFP will have absolutely no issues keeping up with demand. You will also notice a big drop in fuel trims.

PM me for paypal details.
    And I was told the BMW was a more "mature" market, I will not let one bad apple ruin it for the rest of you!

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by GeorgiaTech335Coupe Click here to enlarge

Thank you! We will get everyone the results they want.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Let him make the pump. We don't need to send him anything though.
    Correct, I don't need anything from anyone. We will make it, test it and then let members start sending us their fuel pumps. I may not go this route in the long term because new parts are always better.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Spain already has come a pump and rail vargas, we'll see how it works

but I personally like to go for your new pump, offering hope to see results
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by hpfpupgrade Click here to enlarge

Look at it this way, if we do have a fuel system that works what the worst that can happen?
    This is how I feel and why you are here. But, the burden of proof is ultimately on you.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

We can test the pump and show the results, but there is no way for us to test the two parts together. We can show the results from the pump testing, but that is not a fair representation of our parts. I will get testing papers put together so we can release them with the customer results.
    it at least shows that the pump itself has the ability to flow 'X' more fuel at 'Y' RPM than the completely factory one.. which is the important part.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

This is how I feel and why you are here. But, the burden of proof is ultimately on you.
    We will provide that proof because without it the product is no better than the competitors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    it at least shows that the pump itself has the ability to flow 'X' more fuel at 'Y' RPM than the completely factory one.. which is the important part.
    That is fair, we will have those when the complete fuel systems have been ran on customers cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Well, now we're talking sense. Make the product. Show some results. Then ask for money. Pretty simple.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Just a few video's of customers cars running our parts and setting records. So if we are not doing anything with them... how would they be setting records?
    I can link videos too. The mazda lists you as a part supplier, but that's it. Also there's several HPFP upgrades available for those markets.

From your website

With more than 1,000 man hours into testing, design and destruct

Yet you have no proof/logs/documentation showing you've done anything with the N54 fuel pump. I haven't even seen you link a bench test.

Pick one car, someone that runs E85/Upgraded turbos and has fuel delivery issues, and send them a pump on contract that they detail their findings.

Then oh look, you'll have something resembling proof that your upgrade does something for the N54 platform.

Hell, go find one of those mythical FFTEC single turbos that rely heavily on meth for added fuel, and install your pump on their car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

mythical FFTEC single turbos
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I can link videos too. The mazda lists you as a part supplier, but that's it. Also there's several HPFP upgrades available for those markets.

From your website

With more than 1,000 man hours into testing, design and destruct

Yet you have no proof/logs/documentation showing you've done anything with the N54 fuel pump. I haven't even seen you link a bench test.

Pick one car, someone that runs E85/Upgraded turbos and has fuel delivery issues, and send them a pump on contract that they detail their findings.

Then oh look, you'll have something resembling proof that your upgrade does something for the N54 platform.

Hell, go find one of those mythical FFTEC single turbos that rely heavily on meth for added fuel, and install your pump on their car.
    I'll be installing both the stage 1 and stage 2 pumps on my FFTEC single turbo (6466). Another member with a FFTEC single turbo (6262) will also be testing Stage 1. Hold your horses (or in the case of the next post, unicorns). My car is still getting some finishing touches on it, so it'll prob be a few weeks (I hope not much longer).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I'll be installing both the stage 1 and stage 2 pumps on my FFTEC single turbo (6466). Another member with a FFTEC single turbo (6262) will also be testing Stage 1. Hold your horses (or in the case of the next post, unicorns). My car is still getting some finishing touches on it, so it'll prob be a few weeks (I hope not much longer).
    Mmm, stage 2 unicorns.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mmm, stage 2 unicorns.
    Yes, a very beautiful and mystical creature.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast