Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 86
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Indoos Click here to enlarge
    Beats me lol $#@! I don't even do anything wrong lol. But looks like as a f30 owner I'm going to be limited under Terry's jb4 unless he comes out with a back end
    I spoke to Cobb about the F30 and apparently it's a tough nut to crack. Don't get your hopes too high for a while. They even said it may never be cracked although I doubt that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    That's great pricing Tony, really great.
    Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not? These ate really costing us a lot to build. If they were not they would be less.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Can't tell if that's sarcasm or not? These ate really costing us a lot to build. If they were not they would be less.
    Uh no sarcasm compared to my build this is a bargain. Compared to the N54 single turbo this is a bargain. I was dead serious.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Uh no sarcasm compared to my build this is a bargain. Compared to the N54 single turbo this is a bargain. I was dead serious.
    I thought so but wasn't sure. The forums have been on fire lately... Thanks man

  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Where we at tony? Atm
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Roanoke VA
    Posts
    1,632
    Rep Points
    2,248.3
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    WOW, that sounds like a SERIOUS turbo upgrade for an awesome price. Almost makes me want an N55... almost.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    710
    Rep Points
    567.0
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Yes Reputation No
    Mark my words. I have a strong feeling the N55 will make more power than the N54. Something tells me.
    Honda CBR 1000RR, Superbike Supply, Arrow, HRC, BMC, Lee's Cycle, Galfer, EBC, Revzilla, AXO, Dainese, Scorpion Helmets

    Honda Grom, most fun you'll ever have on 2 wheels.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Mark my words. I have a strong feeling the N55 will make more power than the N54. Something tells me.
    Get in line StinkyM! Head upgrades with valvetronic and BT upgrades will get silly once they get out of warranty. I got laughed out of the gate on Bpost mentioning this a few years back.

    This will be an interesting year for the factory boosted bimmers. Thanks for getting after it Tony.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Now if only I could find a upgraded diverter valve. The hunt is on!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    558
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Indoos Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Dude i feel like its a love hate relationship already lol but thanks for making me feel welcomed guys! and repped you guys back.
    That is one amazing looking F30. It's growing on me... Welcome to the forums. Pos rep coming your way to make up for the trolls.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Get in line StinkyM! Head upgrades with valvetronic and BT upgrades will get silly once they get out of warranty. I got laughed out of the gate on Bpost mentioning this a few years back.

    This will be an interesting year for the factory boosted bimmers. Thanks for getting after it Tony.
    I thought the N55 was significantly harder to crack and now with the additional encryption in the F30, I think it will still be a good ways until the N55 can challenge the N54 for top power.

    However, I think the N55 might actually be better for those looking for a relatively conservative build a few years from now. Something in the 500whp range with the tuning figured out and an upgraded stock housing turbo.

    As of right now though, I am most excited about the N20. It's the little engine that could.
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #36
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Brey335i Click here to enlarge
    That is one amazing looking F30. It's growing on me... Welcome to the forums. Pos rep coming your way to make up for the trolls.



    I thought the N55 was significantly harder to crack and now with the additional encryption in the F30, I think it will still be a good ways until the N55 can challenge the N54 for top power.

    However, I think the N55 might actually be better for those looking for a relatively conservative build a few years from now. Something in the 500whp range with the tuning figured out and an upgraded stock housing turbo.

    As of right now though, I am most excited about the N20. It's the little engine that could.
    Thanks bro im getting it wrapped and it should be done by wednesday ill make a thread then!
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by StinkyM Click here to enlarge
    Mark my words. I have a strong feeling the N55 will make more power than the N54. Something tells me.
    I see no reason why they wouldn't be equal.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  13. #38
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Only reason were so restricted is the damn turbo lol and now once I get my first vargas batch I shall show the world!
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    39
    Rep Points
    38.8
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    nice, i'm having second thoughts about giving my lease back or buying it for this turbo upgrade....

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Perth, Australia
    Posts
    941
    Rep Points
    -37.3
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Very keen to see how this works out.

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    It's nice the N55 is finally getting love.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    37
    Rep Points
    59.0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It's nice the N55 is finally getting love.
    I know right I got bored for a while w the car fbo'ed. Im getting my car back tomorrow and ill post up pics of it being MATTE orange after the wrap ! And due to me being bored i picked up a gsxr im a lost undecided case lol.
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Update: Spoke with forge. They are up to the task of making us a custom diverter valve to get rid of the factory electronic one. We are going to have them make us a sample and test it on the test car. Assuming it works out as we hope, each turbo will be available with the upgraded diverter as an option so you don't have to mess with the stock valve, or switching over to a recirc BOV etc. I am shipping them the stock valve tomorrow so I should have news soon. Oh, yeah the reverse turbine wheels have shipped. I should see them by Friday. I will post pics of them next to the stock unit.Also we have reached our 5 intro price orders and the intro price is now concluded.
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-12-2013 at 08:03 PM.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5
    Rep Points
    6.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Im in for one of this turbos.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    119,426
    Rep Points
    32,105.4
    Mentioned
    2106 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    322


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135pr Click here to enlarge
    Im in for one of this turbos.
    Well pm or email Tony he'll take care of you.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Update: Spoke with forge. They are up to the task of making us a custom diverter valve to get rid of the factory electronic one. We are going to have them make us a sample and test it on the test car. Assuming it works out as we hope, each turbo will be available with the upgraded diverter as an option so you don't have to mess with the stock valve, or switching over to a recirc BOV etc. I am shipping them the stock valve tomorrow so I should have news soon. Oh, yeah the reverse turbine wheels have shipped. I should see them by Friday. I will post pics of them next to the stock unit.Also we have reached our 5 intro price orders and the intro price is now concluded.
    So they are ditching the electric for a mechanical? Interesting !

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    So they are ditching the electric for a mechanical? Interesting !
    My test plan is to get rid of the electrical and replace it with a normal vacuum activated valve. The spring on the stock one is literally 7-10 psi max before that thing is pushed open. We put a bigger spring in, the current could no longer open the valve. All it is is a 12 volt signal, current full open, no current full closed. Just mimicking a BOV when the throttle is lifted under boost. My initial plan is to test the vacuum unit with the stock one plugged in so the DME still thinks its controlling the valve. If no codes are set, were pretty much good to go. This is just another example of BMW trying to make it harder to raise the boost level past stock levels

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    Why they use electric, I bet there are cases where they want the valve open when it would normally be shut, or perhaps part of some kind of early open/power reduction/prediction algorithm.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Hayward, CA
    Posts
    7,920
    Rep Points
    3,985.4
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    Why they use electric, I bet there are cases where they want the valve open when it would normally be shut, or perhaps part of some kind of early open/power reduction/prediction algorithm.
    If its open, you are losing over 50% of your boost right back into the intake. So they may want to use to bleed boost under certain conditions. Something you 100% want to avoid if you are trying to make more horsepower. Under no circumstances would you want to bleed your boost off unless its when lifting to avoid compressor surge. The wastegate is used to control boost, the valve is used to avoid surge
    Last edited by Tony@VargasTurboTech; 06-13-2013 at 06:22 PM.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,797
    Rep Points
    2,565.5
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    26


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    If its open, you are losing over 50% of your boost right back into the intake. So they may want to use to bleed boost under certain conditions. Something you 100% want to avoid if you are trying to make more horsepower. Under no circumstances would you want to bleed your boost off unless its when lifting to avoid compressor surge. The wastegate is used to control boost, the valve is used to avoid surge
    Right, I'm just saying, they may want to do a quick power cut for some reason as you are mentioning and maybe this electronic bov plays a role in that. Certainly not any good for making power, I agree.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2300+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/
    Or the BX8 Enthusiast Group!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/353105035077862/
    Cars: 2005 E46 330i - Sold | 2007 E90 335i - Crashed | 2009 E93 335i - Current | 1996 E36 328i Sedan

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •