Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so its leaking with anything over 12 psi? This would explain why I get a diver valve stuck open code every time I do a long pull.

I know I can hear the diverter opening when under partial throttle boost around 5-7 sometimes so the ecu is definitely doing some weird logic to keep the car as smooth as possible.
    Last edited by Andrew@activeautowerke; 06-14-2013 at 10:23 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    My initial plan is to test the vacuum unit with the stock one plugged in so the DME still thinks its controlling the valve. If no codes are set, were pretty much good to go.
    You should be able to measure the resistance of the diverter valve and just substitute a similar value resistor once you implement the vacuum controlled valve. To figure out what the power rating of the resistor should be, square the voltage and divide by the resistance. Use 14 or so for the voltage because that is more realistic with the vehicle running and the alternator charging.

The resistor will allow for a cleaner installation that having the stock DV hanging around.
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Andrew@activeautowerke Click here to enlarge
    so its leaking with anything over 12 psi? This would explain why I get a diver valve stuck open code every time I do a long pull.

I know I can hear the diverter opening when under partial throttle boost around 5-7 sometimes so the ecu is definitely doing some weird logic to keep the car as smooth as possible.
    I can not see opening a diverter while under boost at anytime smoothing anything out. Either way it needs to go. I would say anything over 10 psi. Ok enough questions on this valve, until we actually do some testing. The forums love to just beat sonethjng to death before there is even any testing done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Well pm or email Tony he'll take care of you.
    Thanks, I already did.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    I can not see opening a diverter while under boost at anytime smoothing anything out. Either way it needs to go. I would say anything over 10 psi. Ok enough questions on this valve, until we actually do some testing. The forums love to just beat sonethjng to death before there is even any testing done.
    Im assuming this will be compatible with the F30 tony
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I'm not posting anymore updates except maybe a few pics until we get a turbo on a car and we have some data. The valve is not a big deal.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Tony, one thing you might wanna check out is a reliable vacuum source. Due to the valvetronic, the throttlebody no longer serves the same use as the n54's did. The valvetronic controls most of the increase/decrease on rpms, and the throttle body sometimes closes or just remains open. i tried unsucessfully to put two boost gauges on n55s, and they only read boost, the gauge would not dip into vacuum on decel, hence the electric diverter BMW put in there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just forget we said anything about the valve. We will get it figured out. It's not a big deal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just forget we said anything about the valve. We will get it figured out. It's not a big deal
    its like posting a naked picture on the internet you can delete it but there is always someone who already saw it
    2008 E92 335i- HP: 423 TRQ: 453 - Sold
    Vishnu- Pocede
    Active Autowerke - Intercooler
    Active Autowerke - Charge pipe/BOV
    Active Autowerke - 3" Downpipes
    Active Autowerke - Signature Exhaust
    BMS -DCI

2014 F30 335i M Sport
    BMS- JB4 (EWG/E85/OBDII Canbus)
    BMS- Intake

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: Forge has the valve and is confident then can make something for us. They sent it off to the UK to get it done. All the wheels are here, I took some direct comparison photos with the stock stuff as I haven't posted that yet. I am waiting for the final machining and we can install in out test car. The machining process is quite extensive. These stupid turbofolds sure complicate an upgrade process..Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That looks like a huge improvement. We're about to see if the motor can handle it lol
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Update: Forge has the valve and is confident then can make something for us. They sent it off to the UK to get it done. All the wheels are here, I took some direct comparison photos with the stock stuff as I haven't posted that yet. I am waiting for the final machining and we can install in out test car. The machining process is quite extensive. These stupid turbofolds sure complicate an upgrade process..Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Have not been on here for quite some time, but I just received an E-Mail from Tony Vargas regarding the N55 Turbo Upgrade and a Pre Order for it.

I think I am jumping on this band wagon, I understand Terry at BMS is to receive one as well.

Any Thoughts
    2011 335i N55 BMS Stage 2, Bilstien PS10, Lowered 2" front and 1.5 rear, aFe Stage 2 8" Intake, H&R Front sway 27mm, BMS - 10mm spacer on front and 12mm on rear, Short Shift Kit, Clutch throw adjustment for shorter throw - BMS, Bavarian- Soon to have Easy Camber adjustable on Front
    Click here to enlarge

Go Fast

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    I think I am jumping on this band wagon, I understand Terry at BMS is to receive one as well.

Any Thoughts
    My thought are hell yes!

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by N55Bimmer335i Click here to enlarge
    Have not been on here for quite some time, but I just received an E-Mail from Tony Vargas regarding the N55 Turbo Upgrade and a Pre Order for it.

Any Thoughts
    Take over my pre order car is no longer around anymore and doesn't need a turbo Click here to enlarge
    F30 335i ER DP Custom 3 Inch AxleBack JB4 E85
    380hp 502tq MUSTANG DYNOClick here to enlarge Don't Hate The Car Hate The DriVeR Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Really want to put one of these in my 135i! I am already FBO but I need more power! Hope Cobb comes through with an N55 pro tune soon too =\
    BMW Performance Kidney Grille, CF Lip Spoiler, CF Diffusser, Blackline LCI Tailights, Magnaflow Full Exhaust, BMS Intake, Jb4 w/ E85, Meth Injection, BMS ********, VRSF 5" Intercooler, CP-E Charge Pipe, ST Coilovers, M3 Subframe Bushings, VMR VB3 Wheels, 255 Inline Fuel Pump

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Any updates?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Very interested to see results as well. I saw your booth at BFest East and got a stiffy when I saw the N55 wheels. Click here to enlarge

--Possible future customer

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by loesch Click here to enlarge
    Very interested to see results as well. I saw your booth at BFest East and got a stiffy when I saw the N55 wheels. Click here to enlarge

--Possible future customer
    Soon enough... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Wheres the updates???

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should have turbos in hand in about 10 days. Going to install one on a test car and send terry his so he can get started in his tune. Not much longer now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I should have turbos in hand in about 10 days. Going to install one on a test car and send terry his so he can get started in his tune. Not much longer now
    Great news send me pics as soon as you can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Great news send me pics as soon as you can.
    Soon as I get them we will do a write up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great news!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast