Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Checksumm correction at TCU?

As i may have the possibility to buy a used Alpina B3 TCU, i would like to do something good for the community and upload the readout (if its working flawless at my car), so that anyone with a ZF5HP19 could flash it. Click here to enlarge

Maybe its possible that someone could create a flashable file for WinKFP? I havenīt found one so far.

Last but most important, i hope the Alpina TCU will raise the ShiftRPM under WOT from 6300 to 6X00. If so, i would like to play with the HP19 a bit more and now comes the tricky part:

How does one find the checksumm positions and how can they be corrected?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I know when the N54 guys were uncovering the Alpina flash file for the 6HP21 transmission in the 335, we found the Alpina flash file actually was included in the recent Daten files for the E89/E9x platform. I think the trick was to not let WinKFP pick which file to flash to the TCU, but rather to force WinKFP to use the Alpina file. Once we figured out which 0PA file corresponded to the Alpina Flash, it was easy. If you have the Alpina flash file, you could use a diff tool to check it against the files included in the Daten set for your platform.

The flash files for the 6HP21 TCU are in Intel Hex32 format. There is a good chance the 5HP19 uses the same format, as almost every microcontroller/microprocessor I've worked with (Atmel, Microchip, TI, AMD, Intel) uses this format or some variation. The last two bytes of every line are the checksum, although the file itself may be encrypted.

What is incorrect about the checksums that you need to correct? Are you going to try to edit/disassemble the hex file?
    Eppur si muove.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I would like to try different TCC activation and maybe raise the forced shift rpm in manual mode, like ESS or Dinan does.

I bought the Alpina TCU yesterday and once i can drive iīll take her for a ride and try to figure out what the changed Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Where did you buy Alpina TCU for 5HP19? could you send me direct link where did you get it? Thx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi,

Hi,

Where did you buy Alpina TCU for 5HP19? how much does it cost? could you send me direct link where did you get it? Thx

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This thread is quite old but try tagging him @Leinad78

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I didn't know it was a quite old thread because I am new here, so how can I tag it?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Got it Click here to enlarge I bought it used from a wrecked car.

If you have access to WinKFP, you can flash the tune on a stock GS8604 TCU.

Hereīs a instruction on how to do it:
    https://www.tuningdb.net/alpina_b3s_flashes

Just to mention, it has some drawbacks! It wonīt downshift automatically when breaking going down a hill and a few other glitches.

Iīm currently working on disassembling the TCU so we can build our own special version which does all we want Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hello,

Thx for your information, you said it has some drawbacks and a few other glitches, could you tell me what exact problems creating this Alpina TCU?))

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Upshift into fifth gear at 50km/h, no hill descent mode, no auto-downshift going from D->M... Thats just a few i can remember