Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

After some information reference Meth injection

Would like a meth kit on my car at some point [ namely when the vac leak is sorted via G5 board hopefully ] and have a few questions.

Is it better to buy a kit from one supplier aquamist or BMS for example?

Would building a kit specific to my needs be a better option?

Would i have to get rid of the BOV if I bought a meth kit?

cheers
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I've been looking at the aquamist kits recently and they are really top quality. I'm tempted to change to an Aquamist setup but the BMS WW kit converted to trunk mount I have at the moment seems to do the job just fine.

The BMS kit should come it at about 400 whereas the Aquamist kit will cost closer to 700 once you add the tank in. I would buy the WW kit from Terry and the tank from someone like Devilsown here in the UK.

I'm sure Terry will add in the technical differences between using the BMS FSB integration and an aquamist kit.
    Alpine White 2008 6MT 335i - Cobb AP - PTF Tuned - RB Turbos - AR DPs - VRSF 3.5" exhaust - Custom FMIC - 380mm BBK F&R - BMS DCI - M3 DCT LSD - Whiteline subframe bushes - M3 Sways and rear arms - M3 wishbones - ER CP - Spec Stage 3+ clutch and steel SMFW - AST 4100 Coilovers - UUC DSSR -UUC Black tranny mounts - TMS Alu diff bushes - Forge DVs - Aquamist HFS-4 meth - Alufelgen CS7s - BMWP V1 Steering Wheel

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Would like a meth kit on my car at some point [ namely when the vac leak is sorted via G5 board hopefully ] and have a few questions.

Is it better to buy a kit from one supplier aquamist or BMS for example?

Would building a kit specific to my needs be a better option?

Would i have to get rid of the BOV if I bought a meth kit?

cheers
    if you have jb4, get it from burgertuning, if you have procede, go with vishnu, its easy XD, the most important thing is the FSB.

as a BMS customer, i'm very happy with my BMS kit with trunk tank, remember that the WW kit is cheaper, but you use the windshield as deposit, and you cant run above 50% meth mix, if you want run higher than that, its recommended a tank trunk, or you will have some possibilities to get your engine cover on fire lol.

the BOV was already asked just search in forums, if you buy a chargepipe check that the BOV is BEFORE the nozzle, because if its after maybe can discharge some meth, i never readed about a engine getting on fire because this, only 2 or 3 guys that had run higher than recommended meth mixtures with WW kit, with extreme conditions like the highest engine temps that requieres a track day, ended with engine cover melted and some cables too, so sad.
    Argentina 135i 2010!
    Click here to enlarge
    n54 Engine - JB4 G4 (G5 upgrade soon) - BMS DCI - CP-E DP - CUSTOM EXHAUST - BMS METH KIT - QUAIFE LSD
    Running at 18 psi with 91 octane + NOS boosters

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

TRUST ME, spend the extra $$ and go with an aqua mist kit - the quality of the components is well worth the extra cash. It will also work with a JB4 just fine.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Thanks for the info, my chargepipe is a Active Autowerks same as the BOV. Would of liked to have kept it really.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for the info, my chargepipe is a Active Autowerks same as the BOV. Would of liked to have kept it really.
    Many people run a BOV after the meth injection point with no issues, myself included. No need to replace it.
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

The most popular kits are our 2.2g trunk mount kit, and the Aquamist kit. We've made a lot of changes to our kit recently (added compression fittings, improved the water filter, etc), and it's a very simple to install kit. But the Aquamist kit is also very nice. The only trade off is the Aquamist kit is more of a universal kit and requires a lot of extra wiring and craftsmanship to install cleanly. But either will work just fine with the JB4. Since you are in the UK you can probably get a good price on the Aquamist kit as they are also in your area.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The most popular kits are our 2.2g trunk mount kit, and the Aquamist kit. We've made a lot of changes to our kit recently (added compression fittings, improved the water filter, etc), and it's a very simple to install kit. But the Aquamist kit is also very nice. The only trade off is the Aquamist kit is more of a universal kit and requires a lot of extra wiring and craftsmanship to install cleanly. But either will work just fine with the JB4. Since you are in the UK you can probably get a good price on the Aquamist kit as they are also in your area.
    Your system sounds more suitable to my install skills then Terry.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

If you go with Aquamist let me know. We ship to European customers from within Europe to minimize shipping charges.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    hey dezenno im trying to pm you about a meth kit but I need a rep point

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

PM-ed
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I've run the Aquamist HFS-3 kit for about a year and a half now and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The quality of the AM stuff is amazing and when it comes to something like meth injection quality trumps saving a couple hundred bucks... every time. I've been running with a BOV with 100% meth for 6+ months and no issues at all.

Also, Aquamist is based out of UK so if you need any assistance Richard(Aquamist founder) is semi-local.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    I've run the Aquamist HFS-3 kit for about a year and a half now and I have nothing but great things to say about it. The quality of the AM stuff is amazing and when it comes to something like meth injection quality trumps saving a couple hundred bucks... every time. I've been running with a BOV with 100% meth for 6+ months and no issues at all.

Also, Aquamist is based out of UK so if you need any assistance Richard(Aquamist founder) is semi-local.
    Thanks mate will give them a call when its time to pull the trigger on it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    If you go with Aquamist let me know. We ship to European customers from within Europe to minimize shipping charges.
    What happens with regards to maps? Is it best to rum a stacked meth map with the g5 or just let the g5 do all of it?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

What happens with regards to maps? Is it best to rum a stacked meth map with the g5 or just let the g5 do all of it?
    If you're running a JB4 you'd have to speak to Terry. For a custom tune with Cobb from us there's no need to stack and you always run a high output meth map made for your car unless you run out of meth and need to refill at which time you can switch over to a pump gas map and run that in the meantime or just refill.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

if ur running meth on a flash only just get a boost bypass solenoid, will basically make the car limp if you run out.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    If you're running a JB4 you'd have to speak to Terry. For a custom tune with Cobb from us there's no need to stack and you always run a high output meth map made for your car unless you run out of meth and need to refill at which time you can switch over to a pump gas map and run that in the meantime or just refill.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    if ur running meth on a flash only just get a boost bypass solenoid, will basically make the car limp if you run out.
    Thanks , just trying to get as much info as possible to see what my best options are.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I have the aquamist hfs-6 system on my Subaru. Works really well since the ECU can't do anything about meth injection. The aquamist products seem really nice, with an exceptionally high build quality and some failsafes to keep you from nuking an engine in the event of component failure.

I originally had the Vishnu WW system, and converted to a dedicated tank setup so I could run greater concentrations of meth.

I switched from a procede tune to a jb4, and converted my meth kit over to work with the JB4. My only complaint is theres nothing using the flow sensor. I also like Vishnus pump location more than the jb meth system, but that's largely irrelevant.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 135Hoser Click here to enlarge
    I have the aquamist hfs-6 system on my Subaru. Works really well since the ECU can't do anything about meth injection. The aquamist products seem really nice, with an exceptionally high build quality and some failsafes to keep you from nuking an engine in the event of component failure.

I originally had the Vishnu WW system, and converted to a dedicated tank setup so I could run greater concentrations of meth.

I switched from a procede tune to a jb4, and converted my meth kit over to work with the JB4. My only complaint is theres nothing using the flow sensor. I also like Vishnus pump location more than the jb meth system, but that's largely irrelevant.
    Are you using our FSB? If not, the AM flow sensor should be fed in to JB4 pin #15 so you can monitor meth flow in dash, have the JB4 do progressive mapping, etc.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes, your FSB, which connects to the vishnu solenoid. my flow sensor is currently disconnected as when I was reading the instructions didn't see a way to connect it.