Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 140
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 10 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

    PencilGeek motor rebuild...and other things.

    This post by PencilGeek is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    HELL
    Posts
    2,342
    Rep Points
    768.0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Any info on your car to post? I tried to follow some of your stuff but to much highschool drama. Did you lower compression on the stroker? I'd like to check it out or are you here for drama?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,888
    Rep Points
    1,422.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Now that you got that out of your system. Do you mind going over your buildup? When it all comes down to it, we are all car enthusiasts. Really wish the high school drama would just end.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    557
    Rep Points
    785.8
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    8


    Reputation: Yes | No
    That. Was. A. Lot. Of. Words....

    + 1 on ending the drama... tho this thread just seems to create more

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Jose
    Posts
    53
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
    I've been meaning to come on here for quite some time because I've been hearing from people about all of these whacked out conspiracy theories you guys talk about. I've spent an hour or two and I've got to say that I feel like my IQ went down 100 points reading the stuff here. I'm sure it will go down at least another 20 points just posting here, but I wanted to come post here to give the group thinkers one last chance to learn something about my project and what I'm doing. I'll try my hardest not to be so condescending, but that will be a challenge with all of the dumb stuff I've read in the past hour. There is a reason I'm picking today to post this: I just got word that my new pistons will be arriving in a few days, and I wanted to give the group thinkers here an invitation to go inspect my disassembled motor before anything gets machined.

    I know many people on this forum watch and read everything I write with such interest because they talk about it so much. I'm sure they've all seen my invitations on other forums to send me an email or PM and ask me any questions they wanted about my motor instead of coming up with these ridiculous fantasy stories and conspiracy theories. I've always said anybody who wants information about my car, my motor, or anything else they can always ask me at any time (and that includes Joseph). I've never hidden anything before, and I don't plan to start hiding anything now. The development on my car has been an open book to anybody who wants to read it -- a book I know most of you have already read. So it doesn't make any logical sense that I would change anything now. The only thing I ever withhold is proprietary information.

    Since none of the "group thinkers" took my offer to contact me directly before posting and subscribing to these hilarious conspiracy theories and rumors, I'll directly address some of the dumbest things I've seen here today (there are so many that it's hard to narrow it down to just a few). Judging by how much the group thinkers talk about me, they're obviously very interested in the topic.

    The blown motor and custom billet block story was Sam at Auto Talent's idea -- just to f* with certain people "up the street" and to humiliate anybody who was dumb and/or gullible enough to believe it. And of course, I enjoy doing the same thing, so I went along with it. Sam called me up with the idea and sent me a link to the video and suggested I post it. It obviously worked. But I never expected that it would work so well because I never thought people here were so gullible and devoid of independent thoughts.

    The clutch change. Of course I'm getting a new clutch -- because I posted pictures of it two months ago along with the weight of the new clutch assembly. So why are there any conspiracy theories about this. BTW, when we pulled my clutch, it was in perfect shape: no burn marks, no excessive wear. Zolti was impressed that the stock clutch held up so well.

    The low compression motor. I discussed doing this motor the very first time I met with AJ whenever I dropped off my car in late 2009/early 2010, but I didn't make the final decision until returning from the Texas Mile. I wanted to stay true to my beliefs that I didn't like the idea of a high compression supercharged applications. Obviously it takes a long time to get custom pistons made because there is a long lead time to design them and order them from Germany. I don't know exactly when I gave the approval for the pistons, but I do know that I have emails dating from February 2010 that discuss the piston design details. I also remember being in a restaurant in Santa Clarita when I made the phone call to authorize the order. So I think this narrows it down to late March -- maybe a week after the Texas Mile or a week a before MFest. Joseph I know your ego is big, but I didn't realize it had grown THAT big if you think I'm lowering my compression just to compete with you. Your "Stage-4+" is playing catch up bro and there is no other way to conclude otherwise. Besides, you're a much bigger risk taker than I am, so I have no doubt you're willing to build a car with much less safety and tuning margins than I ever would. So I could care less about whatever you do -- and I never did.

    Cracked oil pan. Yes, the oil pan cracked, I think it cracked when Sam took the car to Bimmerfest. I know the crack wasn't there the day before he left (I saw the car on the lift), and I know the crack was there two days after he returned (I saw the car on the lift then too). The damage was so small that Zolti put some type of epoxy, resin, or whatever on it to patch it until I drove the car back to AT a few weeks later to build the low compression motor. Whatever Zolti did, it worked just fine because there was never a single drop of oil underneath my car. It was never anything to worry about and could be addressed when I rebuild the motor. The only time my power was down, was when I had blown O2 sensors (this happened twice). Jon Martin personally knew that because I personally told him the last time I saw him. I don't think I called it a blown O2 sensor at the time, because I don't think we had yet figured it out. Once we figured it out, I replaced the O2 sensors the week before bringing the car down to AT. My 60-130 MPH time went down 1.4 seconds from a few days prior -- even though I was on the same exact tank of gas. The night or two before dropping the car off at Auto Talent is when I got a 7.58 second 60-130, and 129 MPH 1/4 mile running my 6.25 PSI pulley. I could care less about the one-ups-man-ship of vBox times -- and those runs might have only been the 2nd and 3rd times I ever tried a 60-130 on the ESS-46. LOL if you guys consider those times weak for a 6MT running at 2200 DA and 20" wheels on crappy PS2 rubber and a freeway instead of a prepared drag strip. Now that niterider has 9.5 PSI, let him prove he can beat it under the same conditions.

    Unfortunately when the new pistons arrived, they were manufactured incorrectly -- somebody at Mahle screwed up. Otherwise I'd still be driving the car. Nobody knew about the piston screw up until the motor was already out of the car and disassembled. So now we're in a holding pattern -- a delay until the new pistons arrive. Today I was informed that the pistons will arrive in a few days. So here's my offer: As you all know, the block is out of the car and completely disassembled and sitting at Auto Talent. A few weeks ago I told Sam to let anybody come to the shop and take pictures of anything you wanted -- block, pistons, clutch, crankshaft, rods, OIL PAN, CRANK BEARINGS, ROD BEARINGS, ROD BUSHINGS, CYLINDERS, cylinder heads, whatever you want. Then post the pictures here on BB. Let's see all of the internally-combustion-challenged folks here can spot the "damage" they keep talking about. I suggest that Taza do it because he has a good relationship with Sam.

    Bimmerfest. Unfortunately I couldn't attend Bimmerfest because I was at my daughter's graduation. I was at Auto Talent the day before, and back a few days after Bimmerfest. Some of you guys wanted to know why my car was not in the ESS booth and was instead at the Stoptech booth. Never mind that you could have asked me but didn't. I also see Sticky had his usual far-fetched conspiracy theories about it and many of you predictably (and blindly) believed it. LOL. Even Alex@Gintani knew the answer -- any of you group thinkers could have even asked him, or Sam@Auto Talent, or myself. Was it so impossible or improbable to realize that my car was in the Stoptech booth because of the new Stoptech Trophy brakes that were installed on the car just to be displayed at Bimmerfest? Sam promised the car to Stoptech and asked my permission to place it there instead of the ESS booth. As I said, even Alex knew the answer to that question.

    Ladybug. Many of the group thinkers already know that the lady bug was Sam's idea and I gave him free reign to decorate the car however he wanted. I personally hated it, but I could also care less about it. You guys are just looking foolish to me every time you bring it up and think that it has anything to do with me or embarrasses me in any way.

    My missing threads at M3Post. I had them deleted myself to protest how biased and spineless M3Post has become. I PM'd Jason and demanded that he remove all of my threads and to ban my account. In fact I've repeatedly asked him to ban my account -- but he doesn't seem to want to do it.

    Fake accounts at other forums. My gosh, this is where the conspiracy theories go off the scale into outright bizarre. The craziest was being accused of posting with a fake account at a site I had never visited (e46fanatics). I got a phone call one night and asked about some crasy stuff at e46fanatics. I don't think I had ever visited the site up until then, but I'll admit that the phone call made me curous what was happening there. I still don't have an account there. But from the phone calls I've received and from what I read, I've been accused of creating and posting with fake accounts while on a plane, while driving 400 miles and in the Central Valley in California, while getting my hair cut, while at the movies, and while at a concert. I think you guys might assume I'm just like you -- because so many of you get banned and create new/fake accounts at many other forums. Well, I'm not you and don't act like you. I'm not afraid to post as PencilGeek because I don't need to create fake accounts like Sticky and so many others of you nor hide behind a fake identity. I'm really not afraid to speak for myself because I always have posted as myself, and I don't intend to stop now. If you've got any proof otherwise, then by all means post it. I see that Joseph still believes in violating people's privacy, so maybe he's got something to back up what he says.

    I've got plenty more to say, but that's enough for now. I wanted to make sure that anybody curious about the motor had the opportunity to go take photos and inspect it before anything was machined. I never cared about keeping it secret in the first place. When the motor was disassembled, Sam asked me how much secrecy I wanted -- I told him I didn't care. Anything Sam did beyond that was presumably intended to make fun of certain types of gullible people. But it was never my orders or my desires to withhold any information. That's why I called him two weeks ago and made sure he had my specific permission to talk about the car, motor, and let anybody take photos and post them if they want. I've already got my own set of photos, but I plan to take more the next time I go down there.
    Are you going to post your photos on your blog Robert? I would like to check them out sometime. Also OT are you going to Santana Row this saturday?
    Power Mods: Dinan pulley, Dinan Flash,Dinan Intake, Dinan 3.62, Gintani Race Mufflers, Gintani catless Xpipe,
    Cosmetic: Molded Vorsteiner Poly-Lip, LED Interior Lights, LUX H8, Black Side Vents,Glossy Black Kidneys, Reflectors Delete, Smoked Tail Lights, CF Vorsteiner Trunk, V1 Hardwire

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Pencil , how did you find out that you had blown your O2 sensors, we have one car here in sweden that have problems with the rev limiter, some time it cuts between 7300-8000 rpm.
    Or did it just effect the fuel consumption?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Kingdom of Bahrain
    Posts
    2,698
    Rep Points
    2,103.3
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    22


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Blah Blah Blah! YAAWWWNNNNNN. The funniest part is when you say:

    I've been meaning to come on here for quite some time because I've been hearing from people about all of these whacked out conspiracy theories you guys talk about. I've spent an hour or two and I've got to say that I feel like my IQ went down 100 points reading the stuff here. I'm sure it will go down at least another 20 points just posting here, but I wanted to come post here to give the group thinkers one last chance to learn something about my project and what I'm doing. I'll try my hardest not to be so condescending, but that will be a challenge with all of the dumb stuff I've read in the past hour.

    Right now what makes you think we're interested in your car with that kinda attitude! Your only here because you have nowhere else to go!
    Click here to enlarge



    EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,166
    Rep Points
    1,746.4
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    18


    Reputation: Yes | No
    here we go again.... no matter what you do to your car Gintani 4+ will still beat your "Ladybug" any day

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I think some of you guys are a bit crazy, i hear the same sort of arguing in the sandbox where 3 year old kids are playing.
    I am trying to learn of the experience of all sc m3s, i donīt care what brand that are being used.
    I like this forum because there are no deleting of post etc...
    But if you are being so hostile against someone who doesnīt use the same brand of SC as you do, they will stop posting and not share there experience, not good!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    903
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Wtf is up with all the bashing? Thank you for posting and taking the time to write all that out. I see you mentioned that you have some photos. Can you post those?

    Sticky had a thread where it says that you attacked him and made sh1t up about his motor? Can you clear that up as to why you thought that or any proof?



    On a side note..

    You guys bash when some 1 doesnt post. Then when some 1 does post you say "he posted to much"... WTF? You should be thankful he took the time to write all this out.
    Click here to enlarge

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    post proof of all your claims against the other s/c guys or your repuation is fallable, integrity is not in check, and anything you post will not be taken seriously..

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    1,322
    Rep Points
    1,955.5
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    After reading your first paragraph which generalizes that that your IQ went down when reading the stuff here and it will drop by 20 more to zero if you post then why the hell did you write a whole essay.
    With attitude like that don't let the door hit you on the way out.

    If you want to post about your car and experiences just make a thread about that and I am sure the people on here will take the time to read it.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    no, c'mon i want to hear is dorky explanations of his epic fail of a lady bug, i mean car..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    903
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Can some 1 post piks of this "lady bug"?
    Click here to enlarge

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BattaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Any info on your car to post? I tried to follow some of your stuff but to much highschool drama. Did you lower compression on the stroker? I'd like to check it out or are you here for drama?
    I'm in the process of lowing the compression. It seems like there is way too much drama around here and made up stories. That's why I offered to let anybody go take any photos they wanted.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    Now that you got that out of your system. Do you mind going over your buildup? When it all comes down to it, we are all car enthusiasts. Really wish the high school drama would just end.
    There's some things I can share, but some things I can't for proprietary reasons. I don't have the time to do it now, and frankly, I'm not sure I want to put it on this forum at all.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by skoot3r Click here to enlarge
    Are you going to post your photos on your blog Robert? I would like to check them out sometime. Also OT are you going to Santana Row this saturday?
    Eventually I'll post photos somewhere. I'm freakingly busy right now with a lot of stuff. Not sure about SR this weekend. I'll try really hard to make it, and I'll tell you about the build.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Pencil , how did you find out that you had blown your O2 sensors, we have one car here in sweden that have problems with the rev limiter, some time it cuts between 7300-8000 rpm.
    Or did it just effect the fuel consumption?
    The blown O2 sensors don't seem to show up in a CEL (my CEL was not disabled), but they do show up in the ECU logs. It's very strange. It's just as you say, the RPMs cut out early. In my case, as the O2 sensors began to fail, the RPM cut-out got lower and lower. It also seemed to depend on what gear I was in. Third gear was pretty bad, the cut-out might have been as low as 5500-6000 RPMs. When my car was in LA, I never had my BT tool, or OPS head with me to read the codes. AJ came by during Bimmerfest and read the codes and discovered the blown O2 sensor. Once I got the car home, I read it myself and confirmed the blown O2 sensor. I bought another pair of sensors, even though only one was bad. I thought it was safer to replace the pair instead of just one.

    After replacing the sensor, I ran a 60-130, and it was an abysmal 8.95 seconds. As I said earlier, this might have only been the 2nd time I even attempted a 60-130 on the ESS-46. I knew it should be faster than that, so I called AJ and asked him about it. He said I had to clear my adaptations. I had already driven the car about 500 miles and thought that should be enough. But apparently it wasn't. Using the OPS head on a Wednesday afternoon, I cleared the adaptations, then drove the car to work for two days (about 120 miles). I knew I was taking the car to Auto Talent for the motor build, so Friday night it was still a toasty 80 degrees or so, and I went out and did another 60-130. The time went down by a whopping 1.4 seconds to 7.58 seconds simply after clearing the adaptations. It was even the same tank of gas. According to the vBox, I had an even faster run going, but I had to slow down at 128 MPH due to traffic. It wouldn't have been much faster -- only 0.05 seconds or so.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    Right now what makes you think we're interested in your car with that kinda attitude! Your only here because you have nowhere else to go!
    Pretty funny, but not remotely true. This is obviously the last place I want to post. But as much as I dislike some of the people here, I wanted to give them the opportunity to inspect and photograph my disassembled motor. If you knew anything about me -- then you should have already known this offer is consistent with my philosophy of helping people learn from each other.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by akh23456 Click here to enlarge
    here we go again.... no matter what you do to your car Gintani 4+ will still beat your "Ladybug" any day
    Who cares? I believe records are made to be broken. You'll notice that you never see me going out and trying to prove anything anways. In fact, I never even make any claims about my car -- I just present the data and then watch the conspiracy theories fly. But the only real way to find out is to see 6MT vs. 6MT.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    I like this forum because there are no deleting of post etc...
    I've seen quite a few deleted posts, threads, and some people getting banned here as well. The cases I'm thinking of ("The Dictator" comes to mind) are all in the early days of this site, so maybe things have changed. I see plenty of closed threads here -- and to me that seems to wreak of a certain agenda. So I'm not convinced anything at all has changed.

    But if you are being so hostile against someone who doesnīt use the same brand of SC as you do, they will stop posting and not share there experience, not good!
    Yeah, it's BS.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    Wtf is up with all the bashing? Thank you for posting and taking the time to write all that out. I see you mentioned that you have some photos. Can you post those?
    I do have lots of photos, but I have some serious philosophical differences with people who violate privacy, make up stories they know to be untrue, don't correct the stories they know to be false, and many other things that go on here. Far too much of that goes on here. Yes, I could provide plenty of examples.

    I also don't feel like giving this site any of more of my property, so I doubt I will post them here.

    Sticky had a thread where it says that you attacked him and made sh1t up about his motor? Can you clear that up as to why you thought that or any proof?
    One of the most troubling things I read at this site -- is the lack of people who think for themselves. That's why I called them "group thinkers." There are so many rumors, inuendo's, and accusations that are posted here, and not one single person ever asks for any type of proof. They all assume everything they read is true when one of their "friends" posts it. Joseph claims that I believe Gintani blew his motor. But I never said that, nor even implied it. I saw the headline, but didn't read exactly what he said. I know he couldn't have quoted anything I said, because I never said anything remotely resembling his headline. For the record, this is EXACTLY what I said:
    It's a magical place where a 26 year-old kid who blew his motor and transmission within 13000 miles is admired as intelligent and all-knowing instead of the complete moron that he really is.
    -- AND --
    There's a guy who blew his motor and his transmission within 13000 miles of owning the car -- and he's somehow looked up to as an intelligent human being instead of a complete moron. That alone says everything anybody needs to know about the Gintani fan club.
    You may find those comments abbrasive and offensive, but I don't see anything there at all claiming Gintani had anything to do with Joseph's motor problems.

    In fact a week or so after those posts, I was directly asked about it. I stated in public that I had no knowledge about Gintani blowing Joseph's motor, and my comments were never intended to be interpreted in that conext. The problems I referenced had occurred before Joseph put the Gintani supercharger on his car.

    My proof, are my emails with Joseph himself. He may not call broken valve springs, bent valves, etc., a blown motor, but some builders do. I personally don't consider anything a blown motor unless the bottom-end is disassembled. But again, some builders do consider a top-end rebuild as a blown motor. It's something that builders have a legitimate difference of opinion about. Again, my personal belief is that top-end work doesn't constitute a blown motor -- but some of the people who are working on my car say "of course it's a blown motor." Other than showing you the emails themselves, what type of "proof" do you want?

    If I believed in violating Joseph's privacy the way he's repeatedly violated mine, then I wouldn't hesitate to open up and make all of our emails available for download and reading. There is so much information in there that demonstrates so much about my beliefs and his, that anybody objectively reading it would immediately realize what they've been told is completely false. If Joseph agrees, I'll be happy to post a link to the emails -- because they're already live on my site in a hidden location.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    post proof of all your claims against the other s/c guys or your repuation is fallable, integrity is not in check, and anything you post will not be taken seriously..
    Not sure what you mean. I noticed nobody here ever asks for proof when Sticky posts any of his crazy conspiracy theories. That's why I said my IQ went down 100 points just reading the stuff.

    One final thing: A note to WC_M3. In another thead, you asked why I thought it mattered whether Gintani themselves did 1/4 mile times, 60-130 times, etc. I don't remember exactly how you put it. If I can find that thread again, I'll go back and answer you because it really does matter who's doing the testing.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    why would you guys talk $#@! about stickys motor claiming it blew.. when it was all a BS joke and now you're admiting it.. thats not right for business. who else knows what the hell you're lying about.. or better yet. "playing along with." what a dumb idea. we get what you're doing building a motor with low compression. i'm sure we all get it and other companies are doing the same.. just wait in the end when another company comes out and you have something to play around with. for now its all talk and numbers, till we get some facts.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    847
    Rep Points
    176.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Robert why are you even building the motor, i don't understand. You are lowering the compression to run more boost? Why did you not like the high compression motor? Did this motor give you problems?

    Also did your car ever stutter under acceleration while the 02 sensor was going bad? Did it cause a shift lag as well? I ask because ive been going through this recently and im in the process of changing my 02 sensor. I can confirm with a bad 02 sensor the 60-130 time is horrible, as I could only manage a 7.6 on higher boost and race gas as opposed to my 6.8 on low boost, pump gas.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    why would you guys talk $#@! about stickys motor claiming it blew.. when it was all a BS joke and now you're admiting it.. thats not right for business. who else knows what the hell you're lying about.. or better yet. "playing along with." what a dumb idea. we get what you're doing building a motor with low compression. i'm sure we all get it and other companies are doing the same.. just wait in the end when another company comes out and you have something to play around with. for now its all talk and numbers, till we get some facts.
    You misunderstood. Sam at Auto Talent made up a story about MY motor being blown just to f* with the gullible and group thinkers. This wasn't about Sticky's motor at all. Sorry for the confusion. I would never claim another vendor blew a motor if I could not prove it.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    75
    Rep Points
    17.0
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by TaZaM3 Click here to enlarge
    Robert why are you even building the motor, i don't understand. You are lowering the compression to run more boost? Why did you not like the high compression motor? Did this motor give you problems?

    Also did your car ever stutter under acceleration while the 02 sensor was going bad? Did it cause a shift lag as well? I ask because ive been going through this recently and im in the process of changing my 02 sensor. I can confirm with a bad 02 sensor the 60-130 time is horrible, as I could only manage a 7.6 on higher boost and race gas as opposed to my 6.8 on low boost, pump gas.
    I'm running out of time this morning...so I'll try to make it quick.

    I almost planned on going low compression from day-1. "Almost" -- because I hadn't yet decided. I know I mentioned the idea to AJ the day I dropped off the car in Arizona. I also know from my emails that I was discussing the piston design with RD Sport on February 22nd -- which is only about 1 month after I dropped off the car and (I'm pretty sure long) before I even picked it up with the SC installed. If I had more time, I'd check the delivery dates of my car...but I don't think it matters anyways because you can see I was thinking about it very early.

    I never liked the idea of high compression boost anyways. I always knew low compression was the proper way to build it. I think my historical posts on this subject are very consistent. I already had the stroker motor, and the cost of a second rebuild is not at all what people think it is. The only thing I need to do is pistons, hone, head gasket, bearings, and labor. It's really not that bad cost.

    I'm lowering the compression for two reasons: 1) I believe it will be more reliable if built with lower compression. 2) Yes, to turn up the boost. But #1 is the highest priority -- reliability. That's why I don't ever plan to crank the boost to the limit -- not even for the Mojave or Texas mile.

    With the bad O2 sensors, it behaved as an electrical cut-out on the RPMs. It's very different than the normal RPM limiter -- which is a "soft" limiter. This was very hard. Yes, it stuttered very badly. I'm 6MT, so the only shift lag is my inability to shift faster. :-)

    Anyways, I've got to go. Let me know if I missed anything. And my offer was sincere, if you wanted to visit AT and ask Sam for pictures, I already told him to give you permission.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    left lane
    Posts
    903
    Rep Points
    218.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Reputation: Yes | No
    I dont understand why you can not post the pictures? You say you like ur privacy or what ever, yet you tell every 1 to come take pictures. Come on man? Keyboard warriors have no time or desire to go take pictures and you know that. So why not just post them and be done with it?
    Click here to enlarge

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek Click here to enlarge
    You misunderstood. Sam at Auto Talent made up a story about MY motor being blown just to f* with the gullible and group thinkers. This wasn't about Sticky's motor at all. Sorry for the confusion. I would never claim another vendor blew a motor if I could not prove it.
    Robert, why would You and Sam even participate in a charade like this? What is the point, it certainly does not make his business look good and it appears you are throwing him under the bus. He told Taza, a customer of Auto Talent about your motor having some kind of issue, why would he use Vik to spread this rumor or start this silly game? I would hardly call Vik a "group thinker" whether you agree with him or not he has his own opinion. I just don't get that kind of behavior, it's very odd to say the least.

    I am interested in your build and look forward to hearing your progress, best of luck on that.
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Encino,CA
    Posts
    7,989
    Rep Points
    5,690.9
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    57


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DLSJ5 Click here to enlarge
    Robert, why would You and Sam even participate in a charade like this? What is the point, it certainly does not make his business look good and it appears you are throwing him under the bus. He told Taza, a customer of Auto Talent about your motor having some kind of issue, why would he use Vik to spread this rumor or start this silly game? I would hardly call Vik a "group thinker" whether you agree with him or not he has his own opinion. I just don't get that kind of behavior, it's very odd to say the least.

    I am interested in your build and look forward to hearing your progress, best of luck on that.
    x2, Drew makes a good point. still dont understand why the blown motor had to come into play.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,591
    Rep Points
    2,215.1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT


    Click here to enlarge


    E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!


    Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

    Click here to enlarge

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    134
    Rep Points
    193.2
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks Pencil, helped us a lot to find someone with a similar problem that found the solution, saved us a lot of time and anger ..appreciate it !

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    616
    Rep Points
    343.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Pea Click here to enlarge
    Thanks Pencil, helped us a lot to find someone with a similar problem that found the solution, saved us a lot of time and anger ..appreciate it !
    There was another car in South Africa that had the same issue while doing 1/4 mile runs, what's the solution you're referring too, new 02 sensors?
    08 E92 M3 - DCT
    Bolt Ons - Best ET 11.88 Best Trap Speed 119.8 MPH
    60-130 MPH (3 shifts) 10.71s
    Gintani Stage 2+ Supercharger 60-130MPH (3 shifts) 7.06s
    11.45 @ 131.6 MPH
    579WHP @9.3psi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •