Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    and real tq..
    You just don't understand it's ok move on. All crank torque is factored in you change it you change the equation but it still has to go through the drivetrain. You should watch the youtube video posted to help you, it's VERY simple with easy language.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    You just don't understand it's ok move on. All crank torque is factored in you change it you change the equation but it still has to go through the drivetrain. You should watch the youtube video posted to help you, it's VERY simple with easy language.
    i watch videos all day, oddly, of theory vs application.. ironically, those with real tq are a majority of the time, the winner..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i watch videos all day, oddly, of theory vs application.. ironically, those with real tq are a majority of the time, the winner..
    There is no such thing as "real torque" it's all a mathematical relationship. You apparently want to take a negative stance against the M3 that is has "no torque" and all people have been trying to do is explain to you how torque multiplication works. F1 cars will beat up on a lot of cars with more torque. You still don't get gearing or torque multiplication and that is fine, just move on.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There is no such thing as "real torque" it's all a mathematical relationship. You apparently want to take a negative stance against the M3 that is has "no torque" and all people have been trying to do is explain to you how torque multiplication works. F1 cars will beat up on a lot of cars with more torque. You still don't get gearing or torque multiplication and that is fine, just move on.
    no such thing? then what do dyno's measure, inertia and engine? and dyno's dont read differently if you change gearing, soo..no such things as real tq... thats a new one..

last word

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    F1 cars will beat up on a lot of cars with more torque.
    not if they are equal in every other aspect..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    then what do dyno's measure, inertia and engine? and dyno's dont read differently if you change gearing, soo..no such things as real tq... thats a new one..
    Did you not read this? It answers your question regarding the dyno: http://www.germanboost.com/showthrea...rinciples-talk

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    not if they are equal in every other aspect..
    Your point is a car with equal weight, aero, drag, redline, and gearing, but more torque will win? This is your revelation? The car with more power wins in a vacuum assuming all else is equal? Okie dokie. The point everyone else has been telling you though is a higher redline and gearing are two big resources for cars with less torque to move faster than those with more like oh say a diesel turbo.

Why don't we race diesels again?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Your point is a car with equal weight, aero, drag, redline, and gearing, but more torque will win? This is your revelation? The car with more power wins in a vacuum assuming all else is equal? Okie dokie. The point everyone else has been telling you though is a higher redline and gearing are two big resources for cars with less torque to move faster than those with more like oh say a diesel turbo.

Why don't we race diesels again?
    so, now its NOT multiplication, its a bunch of other aspects..? interesting,

we do race diesels, diesels make insane race motors, but given the overall design, there are better ways.. and they are usually in heavier chassis.. your argument proved my point, tq is awesome, gearing is what you do with it, but you will never beat real tq with gearing, if all else is equal

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yea ive always wondered the real tq vs tq multiplaction theory .. What if you had the same cars same weight aero etc .. The only difference being engine and gearing let say A makes 300tq with a 12 tq multiplication after gear ratio times final drive
    ratio .. And B had 150 tq with 24 tq multiplication .. At the end
    they should be putting the same tq to the wheels but
    in reality who wins in a street race
    with traction and manual shifting taken out of the equation aka highway rolls with an auto

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so, now its NOT multiplication, its a bunch of other aspects..? interesting,
    If you are talking about cars as a whole there are more factors to acceleration. I thought we were talking torque multiplication? If you want to discuss a new topic say so.

your argument proved my point, tq is awesome, gearing is what you do with it, but you will never beat real tq with gearing, if all else is equal
    You still don't get it all torque goes through the driveline. You're saying low end torque is awesome, cool. I'm saying take that torque to 8000 rpm and then gear the car aggressively and see what happens. It's all mathematical take a torque figure and look at it at a higher rpm point. The M3 in this example makes good use of torque x rpm / 5250. Like I said, all math.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Roll... I can't launch and $#@! breaks when I try.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i refuse to argue with someone that has stated that noone can prove them wrong.

Rader.. you'll get your chance to do both i hear..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Roll... I can't launch and $#@! breaks when I try.
    Rader.. you'll get your chance to do both i hear..
    Just gotta come North & hang out for the day Click here to enlarge
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Just gotta come North & hang out for the day Click here to enlarge
    I think he is

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I think he is
    Unless something huge comes up(and even then I'll do my damnedest) I'll be there Click here to enlarge It'll be cool seeing you guys.
    My buddy with a turbo SS is trying to get his car together for it but I don't think it'll be ready in time Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Unless something huge comes up(and even then I'll do my damnedest) I'll be there Click here to enlarge It'll be cool seeing you guys. My buddy with the turbo SS is trying to get his car together for it but I don't think it'll be ready in time Click here to enlarge
    SS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    SS?
    It's a laundry list of mods but the long story short is an F-body with a built 6.0 iron block and 91mm turbo and boost per gear. Pretty much a car only use able for roll racing lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It's a laundry list of mods but the long story short is an F-body with a built 6.0 iron block and 91mm turbo and boost per gear. Pretty much a car only use able for roll racing lol
    Haha pretty sure I've seen you post a video of that car.... If his Camaro is running, it'll def give the GTRs something to worry about
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Haha pretty sure I've seen you post a video of that car.... If his Camaro is running, it'll def give the GTRs something to worry about
    Ohh yeah, I forgot about that. Unfortunately while he was breaking the engine in it developed a tick in the top end so he pulled a head off to check it out and one the roller lifters had come apart and wiped out the cam and lifter bore. Comp sent him a new cam and lifters but he had to tear the engine out to have the lifter bore fixed. Since then he had the engine out he decided to change the setup a little but power output shouldn't be changed much from the original 1,100whp-1,200whp estimate. I think he picked the engine up today, but there's still A LOT to be done in time. I don't think he'll make it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Dig, because getting the holeshot win is priceless.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @rader1 i believe is coming out with his VTT STG 2 's Click here to enlarge can wait to get down with a hybrid 335 in a blown M.. i finally get my race!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @rader1 i believe is coming out with his VTT STG 2 's Click here to enlarge can wait to get down with a hybrid 335 in a blown M.. i finally get my race!
    Yes sir!!! Although, I find it hard to believe you couldn't find someone local with hybrids to get a run with. I thought there was atleast a couple guys near you running RBs.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yes sir!!! Although, I find it hard to believe you couldn't find someone local with hybrids to get a run with. I thought there was atleast a couple guys near you running RBs.
    not sure if chuck is ready to go by then, plus fear of a new kid on the way tends to tighten the wallet (i know this personally). oddly, there are/were more down near you

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456