Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

Updated 335is dyno

Hey guys,

Had a chance to dyno a 335is today. He's running JB4 G5 (ISO_21 firmware), a new backend flash we made a couple weeks ago for DCT cars, BMS downpipes, BMS DCI, BMS CP, ETS IC, E40, and a BMS meth kit. All runs were done on map 7 which targets 18.5psi peak tapering to 14.5psi at redline. Runs were done in 5th gear and temps were in the high 70s.

Car performed flawlessly on the dyno and set a new N54 stock turbo power record. It's a touch over advanced for E40 @ ~6300rpm but the owner plans to run E50 and shifts around 6000rpm anyway, so we decided to leave it as is for now. We'll collect some additional road logs for further evaluation. The car is an absolute beast and he reports no DCT trans slippage. Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

2 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by dzenno@PTF is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    With ISO_21 we raised the duty cycle limit up to 86%. Map 7 is a fairly aggressive map and socal weather is always warm and sunny. Great for tans bad for turbo limited cars. On a cold night I'm sure he'll be closer to 72% duty cycle for the same boost levels. Would make more power too. On our MT E92 we had to run ~20psi to match these power numbers so the DCT is definitely worth a few HP.
    Burger Motorsports

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

0 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good luck beating on stock frame turbos with that much wgdc...really not sure why you wouldn't cap it at 70% as absolute max...it'll destroy them quickly at those duty cycles up top..i get glory runs but to let them wind out to 86% is seriously way too high man
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Good luck beating on stock frame turbos with that much wgdc...really not sure why you wouldn't cap it at 70% as absolute max...it'll destroy them quickly at those duty cycles up top..i get glory runs but to let them wind out to 86% is seriously way too high man
    It was previously capped at 80% in the JB4 software but more and more customers just want the power output and don't care much about turbo life. It's hard to blame them as the factory turbos are pretty stout. The real risk IMHO isn't the turbos it's engine knock from all that exhaust back pressure. E85 comes in very handy for that. With real load on road PWM would be running closer to around 75%. I ran map 7 up to ~150mph all day long at the last runway event and by 5th gear PWM was actually down below 70% due to the higher EGT.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    460 WHP / 488 WTQ isn't a new stock turbo record -- Especially considering I'm hitting 461 WHP / 500 WTQ and @Njz has higher HP than me @ 469 WHP / 491 WTQ
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    460 WHP / 488 WTQ isn't a new stock turbo record -- Especially considering I'm hitting 461 WHP / 500 WTQ and @Njz has higher HP than me @ 469 WHP / 491 WTQ
    I had a customer report 500rw on stock turbos last year. But it was some goofy European dyno. Only dynojets count. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Only dynojets count. Click here to enlarge
    I never understood this, especially if you have a Stock Baseline on the same dyno that illustrates the gains

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I never understood this, especially if you have a Stock Baseline on the same dyno that illustrates the gains
    It's because dynojets read relatively consistently across the world. I can make a baseline run be anything I want it to be but I can't make a dynojet read higher than normal. Njz is running basically the same map we ran when we made 460rw so he should be around 450-460rw with meth flowing on a dynojet.
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this is of course assuming terrys 290 whp baseline dynojet... so pull 20 whp to be even w everyone else lol. A stock 335i dynos 265-275... any less and u have a low reading dyno, any more and u have a high reading dyno. Simple as that...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I had a customer report 500rw on stock turbos last year. But it was some goofy European dyno. Only dynojets count. Click here to enlarge
    Maybe it was the same one that made 1300whp on the S85 with a small blower Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Because glory runs on optomistic dynos sell tunes.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    644 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    this is of course assuming terrys 290 whp baseline dynojet... so pull 20 whp to be even w everyone else lol. A stock 335i dynos 265-275... any less and u have a low reading dyno, any more and u have a high reading dyno. Simple as that...
    SpecialtyZ is considered the gold standard for dynos in this area by the boosted M3 crowd. This is the same dyno both Drew and Sticky use for their testing. They report it reads lower than some other dynojets in the area. I've been using it for years before SpecialtyZ owned it when it was LAPDs (corvette shop) dyno.

I dyno stock cars there all the time. They do 275-280whp. A few months ago I dyno tested a new 535 and he definitely did not think it was a high reading dyno. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rader1 Click here to enlarge
    Because glory runs on optomistic dynos sell tunes.
    Fair, but the nearest DynoJet is an Hr+ from me. Meanwhile, Undercover has a perfectly good reading dyno that ran 270 WHP on stock tune. IMHO, it doesn't matter what type of dyno you're on, just show gains over stock baseline. ***Obviously, conditions & un-reversible mods (like a turbo or supercharger upgrade) can throw a wrench in the whole thing. But once the car is set loose on the road, the performance (60-130s, 1/4 miles, runs vs. comparable cars, etc) should back up the HP claims.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Stock n54 usually put down 260whp on dynojets
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You can use meth with Map 7?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    so RBs and FBO (no meth) are worth 30HP at stock boost?

IIRC, all the other RB 20psi dynos were close to my last N54 ones (290/512)..scattered across the US..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

not sure what dyno jets you're talking about. 270-280 has long been the baseline standard.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by keikdasneak Click here to enlarge
    You can use meth with Map 7?
    You can spray meth on any map
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Was this done on Bren's dyno? LOL

Food for thought, a 135i with Brens tune, fmic and dci was proclaiming he made around 400whp on e85/93 and then ran a 12.6@107mph with a 1.9 60ft. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    No way this post is serious Click here to enlarge
    PERFORMANCE: Cobb AP \ JB4 \ DCI \ AR Downpipes \ CX FMIC \ ER Chargepipe \ Synapse BOV \ KW V2 \ Muffler Delete \ CDV \ ZHP Shifter \ Cyba Scoops
    FUN: LC Lemans 19" \ M3 Front \ Mtech Rear \ JL 10W6 \ ModMyNav \ V1 Hardwired \ LUX H8 \ Gloss Black Trim \ Cyba Quads \ Cyba Mtech Diffuser

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Terry, food for thought:

I know you love running lean-ish on E85 mixtures but I think 12.5 is the sweet spot for a bit more safety and consistency on it. Rather run rich if it isn't costing you significant power than go all out. sweet numbers though

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RnmEvo9 Click here to enlarge
    Was this done on Bren's dyno? LOL

Food for thought, a 135i with Brens tune, fmic and dci was proclaiming he made around 400whp on e85/93 and then ran a 12.6@107mph with a 1.9 60ft. Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rooringhusky Click here to enlarge
    No way this post is serious Click here to enlarge
    This was on Bren's dyno, but when I got there we ran my PTF Pump Gas (93) ProTune (which was only tuned on the street) and the numbers matched up to what Undercover's dyno read. RnmEvo9, I agree your friends times are off, especially if he's a 6AT. If it's an 6MT, then that's 100% driver error.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    running lean with e85 is also a function of trying to keep the fueling system happy... Also the dynomite dyno used at Undercover is not inflated, I made 265-270 on the dyno FBO with BMS flash active for e85.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast