Close

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    ABSOFUCKINGLUTELY sick. That's all that can be said.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Thank you.

You have no idea how happy I am. I wasn't even expecting to see my car there. I walk up and I see a huge crowd around the Gintani booth and I'm like "wtf is going on?"

Then I see everyone is staring at my car. It was awesome and definitely made my day. Hell, made my year.
    How did you not know your car would be there? They didn't ask you if they could bring it? lol
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Yukohama Click here to enlarge
    How did you not know your car would be there? They didn't ask you if they could bring it? lol
    I didn't know. I didn't realize they were going to just run it with their own trans. I was upset due to the whole SSP situation and thinking my car was just sitting there.

They surprised me, it was awesome.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Congrats Sticky! This makes me wan't to use my E46 as a daily and get an E9X

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats Sticky! Your car sounds BEASTLY!! Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Wow. Can't wait to see what this will do on the street!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Yeah son! Glad to see you got it up and running. Looks and sounds sick. Hopefully we can get a built motor stage 3 going soon and we can have some fun running each other at 800+. As far as not winning any awards.
    Cars like that don't win $#@!. I brought my passat 16V to a VW show in like 96. I had built a fully custom turbo system for it, converted it to Port Injection, had a direct port nitrous system on it, fully built motor, list goes on and on. There were 2 Passats at the show. The stock car with rims not even lowered wins the prize and they don't give me $#@!. First and last show I will ever put a performance car in.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Cars like that don't win $#@!. I brought my passat 16V to a VW show in like 96. I had built a fully custom turbo system for it, converted it to Port Injection, had a direct port nitrous system on it, fully built motor, list goes on and on. There were 2 Passats at the show. The stock car with rims not even lowered wins the prize and they don't give me $#@!. First and last show I will ever put a performance car in.
    I just really don't get it. Who the hell are the judges? What do they know about anything? This is a whole new level for the M3 and not even anything? Not even, "hey go check out the most powerful E92 at the Gintani booth" over the loudspeaker at the very least?

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Yeah son! Glad to see you got it up and running. Looks and sounds sick. Hopefully we can get a built motor stage 3 going soon and we can have some fun running each other at 800+. As far as not winning any awards.
    I can't wait for that! Someone needs to hurry up with the built motor for the N54.

Think you will be able to go deep into the 800's?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    absolutely amazing sticky!

most amazing part of that dyno even more than the record power + it being produced so low? that torque figure going higher and higher and hgiher as the revs rise?!

that engine bay is simply stunning too

ED: hahaha 'my car, my car'

the brief part where it revved and you were slightly behind it NO $#@!? that exhaust sounds magic. MAGIC.

LOL nobody believed it was mine. They looked at me like I was crazy.

No, I like the tails. They make the car look mean.
    tails should definitely stay Click here to enlarge
    Last edited by Flinchy; 05-19-2013 at 07:26 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    that torque figure going higher and higher and hgiher as the revs rise?!
    That's the magic of the centrifugal blower. They are awesome with high revving motors with a good torque curve. This is what shows how great the S65 is. You rev it out and increase the torque toward redline for big HP. I've been telling people this forever.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

That's the magic of the centrifugal blower. They are awesome with high revving motors with a good torque curve. This is what shows how great the S65 is. You rev it out and increase the torque toward redline for big HP. I've been telling people this forever.
    proof in the pudding

exciting for the future

i'm pretty keen on the FTWP results too, dont see many of them ,but when you do, it's always some sort of record broken over any other fuel.

ED: someone on reddit posted that stupid dakar yellow half track half show E90... i had to point out how many other much nicer in more specific ways had to be ignored

then i read this thread and see your car got no mention for it's achievement, because, what's that? i was right about sponsorship > cars.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I just really don't get it. Who the hell are the judges? What do they know about anything? This is a whole new level for the M3 and not even anything? Not even, "hey go check out the most powerful E92 at the Gintani booth" over the loudspeaker at the very least?

I can't wait for that! Someone needs to hurry up with the built motor for the N54.

Dude deep into the 800's with a built motor should be pretty simple, providing the fuel system is addressed. I real LPFP solution needs to be made. I started doing it and the company dropped the ball. All we really had to do for 800 was throw some more boost at it and timing. But we didn't want to break it. Can't wait to see you run some of these $#@! talkers.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i'm pretty keen on the FTWP results too, dont see many of them ,but when you do, it's always some sort of record broken over any other fuel.
    I'm REALLY curious what the FTW Purple gives me. I may be able to get close to that magic 1XXX number which would just be mind blowing.

then i read this thread and see your car got no mention for it's achievement, because, what's that? i was right about sponsorship > cars.
    I honestly don't get it. It's supposed to be a show for BMW enthusiasts. They should respect any and all of the BMW's not just those running a certain tuners parts. It's complete BS. Not even a freaking mention? Really?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Dude deep into the 800's with a built motor should be pretty simple, providing the fuel system is addressed. I real LPFP solution needs to be made. I started doing it and the company dropped the ball. All we really had to do for 800 was throw some more boost at it and timing. But we didn't want to break it. Can't wait to see you run some of these $#@! talkers.
    Well the guy with the VT3 ESS setup came over to the booth and looked at my car. Gintani asked to set up a run and he declined. I'm going to have a tough time getting any of these people who ran their mouths to line up.

Why no LPFP solution? Does what you did with the HPFP not apply? So 800+ won't be possible until the LPFP is addressed?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    holy %$&^ that thing sounds insane!!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well done dude, you kept that quiet on Thursday! You should get some BimmerBoost stickers for the car to help promote the site.

Look forward to seeing more of it once you get your DCT and clutch packs in.

Edit: Oops just read that you didnt know it was going to be there - all is forgiven Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats sticky. Your sounds menacing. Looking forward to seeing what this setup is really capable of.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by mtarone Click here to enlarge
    You should get some BimmerBoost stickers for the car to help promote the site.
    Heh, I know just haven't gotten around to it. I'll be whoring the crap out of it, not to worry. Maybe I'll do a BimmerBoost.com vinyl setup if it can be tasteful.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    should be indeed,

what's wrong with the LPFP though? the 355 E85 drop in is working fine so far? flows 400+LPH total anyway? do you mean the midrange issues the fuelling system is having in general at the moment? it's flowing enough for 800+ as long as the HPFP can take it now though.

or do you want something with a bit more 'style'/permanence because i can totally dig that haha.. package deal with teh HPFP upgrade if it happens? Click here to enlarge

I'm REALLY curious what the FTW Purple gives me. I may be able to get close to that magic 1XXX numbers which would just be mind blowing.

I honestly don't get it. It's supposed to be a show for BMW enthusiasts. They should respect any and all of the BMW's not just those running a certain tuners parts. It's complete BS. Not even a freaking mention? Really?
    well if you're planning to go from 18.5 to 24 and you're on MS109 now... FTWpurple is apparently 120 octane (RON i guess? or AKI still? octane is a horrible number to talk about anyway because theres too many different versions).. with the 5.5PSI more and the extra timing... plus the additional 1000rpm you can rev.. plus it makes more power than E85 tune for tune apparently anyway.

ive been expecting 1000whp the whole time tbh Click here to enlarge.. no disappointment regardless what it hits, but it's what i figured the aim was haha

yeah i don't know... it's good over here, there are specific classes for cars that are all show and no go, horsepower is king over here with festivals like summernats and powercruise, as i'm sure you're aware. bring a car here and break a record? damn straight it'll be plastered over social media by 15+ different organizations within the evening. and brand doesn't matter in the least. holden vs ford is the biggest car rivalry in the world by far (well... if you live here it is Click here to enlarge )... and regardless if it's a 4.0 6 turbo or twin turbo LS3 hitting 1000whp... heck, even if some random RB26 rocks up and blows them all the way, as long as it does sick skids and makes unreasonable amounts of noise, no one gives a $#@!.

doesn't matter if it's home built or shop built

heck, mine's not even started and i've got guaranteed shoots in the future from downshift and a few other sites/guys who shoot for magazines. (if you're not aware of downshift it's become the biggest organized car scene in australia)

good question - my best guess would be 'totally not paid off by Bimmerpost™'

i can't wait either, someone do it soonish so i get even more motivation ;D

Well the guy with the VT3 ESS setup came over to the booth and looked at my car. Gintani asked to set up a run and he declined. I'm going to have a tough time getting any of these people who ran their mouths to line up.

Why no LPFP solution? Does what you did with the HPFP not apply? So 800+ won't be possible until the LPFP is addressed?
    well he wouldn't want to get embarrassed now would he haha

LPFP should easily be able to make power into 800+, terry's shown the parallel setup with the walbro E85 flows 420LPH or something at 70psi? i'm guessing he means the midrange fuelling issue that's probably not fixable via HPFP only?
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    bring a car here and break a record? damn straight it'll be plastered over social media by 15+ different organizations within the evening.
    You'd think that is how it should work.

good question - my best guess would be 'totally not paid off by Bimmerpost™'
    Well BimmerPost had nothing to do with this. We know who did though.

The fact that absoultely 0 credit of any kind was given shows what we are dealing with though. The bias is so blatant it's sickening.

well he wouldn't want to get embarrassed now would he haha
    Sucks for him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    You'd think that is how it should work.
    yeah. soon enough youll be big and loud enough to not be ignored Click here to enlarge

The fact that absoultely 0 credit of any kind was given shows what we are dealing with though. The bias is so blatant it's sickening.
    ah well, you get my point haha - regardless, a vendor or sponsor or .. really, someone who hates you (and there's plenty of them in the BMW world no?)

Sucks for him.
    personally? i see no shame/downside to being spanked by the worlds fastest... the publicity your car would get for being in that race/video/article is entirely worth it.
    boop

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Well well well Sticky. Congrats!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    yeah. soon enough youll be big and loud enough to not be ignored
    Oh yes... I'm biding my time. I've been building and building for the past three years, car and forum, and soon my time will come.

really, someone who hates you (and there's plenty of them in the BMW world no?)
    I'm pretty sure there are entire forums dedicated to them.

personally? i see no shame/downside to being spanked by the worlds fastest... the publicity your car would get for being in that race/video/article is entirely worth it.
    But then they have to admit they are not the best and everyone will say Gintani and I have the fastest M3. So... their ego won't let go. Reality is, they aren't the best. We are.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    To be fair, did the BF team even know about this new record or that the car was going to be there?

As Vargas said, badass fast cars never win at shows. Also, 'vendor' cars are not automatically entered into the car show component of this (or any) shows. Most shows do not allow vendors cars to compete with enthusiasts. That looked like a Gintani car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2089 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    To be fair, did the BF team even know about this new record or that the car was going to be there?

As Vargas said, badass fast cars never win at shows. Also, 'vendor' cars are not automatically entered into the car show component of this (or any) shows. Most shows do not allow vendors cars to compete with enthusiasts. That looked like a Gintani car.
    Yes. And like I said they were notified twice and had a notecard with the info taped on the stage. Never announced...

Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast