Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 56
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blkclk550 Click here to enlarge
    thinking if i should track it 1st with out burger tuning tune, and then install it at the track and run again to compare times.
    Um ya of course.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Um ya of course.
    i probably wont be doing any dyno but i will run 1/4 stock and then after Burger tune.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    84.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Man it is painful to look at those dynos with power just dropping off the face of the earth so early. It does make you appreciate what the m5/6 did with an engine that atleast continues to pull nicely or atleast remain flat until redline. This is why I hate 99 percent of turbo motors. Big torque and power down low and than bam..nothing if you go past 5k. Might as well get a diesel in my view and save some gas.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    Man it is painful to look at those dynos with power just dropping off the face of the earth so early. It does make you appreciate what the m5/6 did with an engine that atleast continues to pull nicely or atleast remain flat until redline. This is why I hate 99 percent of turbo motors. Big torque and power down low and than bam..nothing if you go past 5k. Might as well get a diesel in my view and save some gas.
    Where I find it bad is that it allows BMW to be lazy. They don't have to have perfect heads or cam profiles any longer as they aren't trying to make power at peak. It's just, oh, big boost, torque, and we're done. Nobody thinks of what that torque could do at 8000 rpm if it remained flat.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    550ix with the Dinan II runs 12.40-50's all day hot lapping.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge

    Click here to enlarge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    979
    Rep Points
    2,200.8
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    23


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ra2289 Click here to enlarge
    +1 The tow hook looks retarded. Other then that nice looking car and solid gains.
    Customer tows his cars to us.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Droptopp Click here to enlarge
    550ix with the Dinan II runs 12.40-50's all day hot lapping.
    Post slips!

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by alextremo Click here to enlarge
    Post slips!
    This.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I've posted these slips in numerous postings and slips.

    Plesse note my car is not the one with the tow hooks. Not sure how my posting got mixed in with his car.

    13 550ix white M sport black BMW rims
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    You have, good to see again though Click here to enlarge

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    This was done at NY International Raceway Park
    78 degrees and driving around the box. Ac off, radio on.
    Brake torquing longer allowing the boost to spike doesn't really do much.

    Drove 43 miles to the track, teched and lined right up and ran this (hot lapping).

    Same thing I do in my GTR and run 10.60's @ 130.

    Allowing the engine to cool gets a .1 second quicker time but a slower short.

    I'd like to see a lighter driver get a 12.10-20 out of the car.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    In case someone wants the GTR slip posted - it's on GTRlife as well.

    Sorry it's at 127. The 130 slip was on cool down.

    Click here to enlarge

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Close 60' but I have moderate wheel spin in the Nissan.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Droptopp Click here to enlarge
    In case someone wants the GTR slip posted - it's on GTRlife as well.

    Sorry it's at 127. The 130 slip was on cool down.

    Click here to enlarge
    What's done to your GTR? That's quick, very nice.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,386
    Rep Points
    375.4
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    I would think those are just bolt ons and a tune I was able to get 11.0 out of my stock GTR.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    73
    Rep Points
    84.0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    So all these mods and still a bone stock m3 puts down 12.5. 406whp later it shows what the weight of a car does to performance.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wannbm5 Click here to enlarge
    So all these mods and still a bone stock m3 puts down 12.5. 406whp later it shows what the weight of a car does to performance.
    They are two different classes of cars but it is impressive the M3 does what it does without a 4.4 liter V8 and turbos on top of that.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Hi guys,I have no idea how we or cross threaded here. Still scratching my head on it. The 550ix time slip I posted is a bone stock 550ix with Dinan stage II software only. Ran a best of 12.40 at 110. Stock exhaust, stock turbos, stock oil, hell it's got 1,000 miles on it. The GTR is just bolt on E85 - mid pipe, catted down pipe, full factory exhaust and am E85 tune. Adding a more aggressive tune and exhaust should get it into the 10.0-20 range.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Btw - there is no bone stock M3 ever that put down 400 on a mustang dyno. A standard dynometer does not load weight. An M3 on this forum with RPI scoops, BMC Filter, Evolve Tune, Dinan Midpipe, and Vanguard axle back made 359WHP and 297WTQ on a Mustang Dyno.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Droptopp Click here to enlarge
    Btw - there is no bone stock M3 ever that put down 400 on a mustang dyno. A standard dynometer does not load weight. An M3 on this forum with RPI scoops, BMC Filter, Evolve Tune, Dinan Midpipe, and Vanguard axle back made 359WHP and 297WTQ on a Mustang Dyno.
    Of course the M3 makes less power, that's obvious.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Lol perhaps for us but not for whomever posted...

    "So all these mods and still a bone stock m3 puts down 12.5. 406whp later it shows what the weight of a car does to performance."

    unless I read that incorrectly.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,889
    Rep Points
    31,862.3
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Droptopp Click here to enlarge
    Lol perhaps for us but not for whomever posted...

    "So all these mods and still a bone stock m3 puts down 12.5. 406whp later it shows what the weight of a car does to performance."

    unless I read that incorrectly.
    Perhaps a bone stock M3 essentially equals what a heavier car is doing with more power. It's a power to weight issue. Well also the M3 has the DCT.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    198
    Rep Points
    127.9
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Droptopp Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys,I have no idea how we or cross threaded here. Still scratching my head on it. The 550ix time slip I posted is a bone stock 550ix with Dinan stage II software only. Ran a best of 12.40 at 110. Stock exhaust, stock turbos, stock oil, hell it's got 1,000 miles on it. The GTR is just bolt on E85 - mid pipe, catted down pipe, full factory exhaust and am E85 tune. Adding a more aggressive tune and exhaust should get it into the 10.0-20 range.
    Weird - so whose car is that with the AA downpipes and exhaust, and are there slips for that car?

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    99
    Rep Points
    88.8
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Not mine (DROPTOPP) or the one who posted dyno and time slips.

    mine is stock with a dinan stage II tune only.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •