Close

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316


    Reputation: Yes | No

    Tuned R8 V10 vs. MTM RS6

    The RS6 is no joke:


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    It's a close race. That's a fast sedan. I have a feeling that my car is a bit faster than a tuned R8 V10.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    It's a close race. That's a fast sedan. I have a feeling that my car is a bit faster than a tuned R8 V10.
    Honestly, I wouldn't think so. The V10 R8 with DI should be considerably quicker, especially tuned.

    Basically, you would be saying your car is faster than an LP-560.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Honestly, I wouldn't think so. The V10 R8 with DI should be considerably quicker, especially tuned.

    Basically, you would be saying your car is faster than an LP-560.
    An V10 R8 is essentially a detuned LP560 and about 200 lbs. heavier. According to VBOX, my friend w/ an LP560 and I ran on the same road in the same day and we ran identical times (this was before my tune). A tuned R8 V10 would be a fight for a stock LP560 because of the LP's weight advantage. Of course this is all speculation ...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    An V10 R8 is essentially a detuned LP560 and about 200 lbs. heavier. According to VBOX, my friend w/ an LP560 and I ran on the same road in the same day and we ran identical times (this was before my tune). A tuned R8 V10 would be a fight for a stock LP560 because of the LP's weight advantage. Of course this is all speculation ...
    I don't understand it, how does your car run the same 60-130's as an LP-560?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    LP560 = 3307LBS/485AWHP = 6.82 LBS/HP
    MY CAR = 3180LBS/465AWHP = 6.84 LBS/HP

    As a reference, when I was stock, I ran 9.9 60-130 vs. a stock R8 V10 that ran 10.2. I have yet to race the LP560 and I've been bugging him for a while now.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    LP560 = 3307LBS/485AWHP = 6.82 LBS/HP
    MY CAR = 3180LBS/465AWHP = 6.84 LBS/HP

    As a reference, when I was stock, I ran 9.9 60-130 vs. a stock R8 V10 that ran 10.2. I have yet to race the LP560 and I've been bugging him for a while now.
    Where are you getting the 3180 figure from or did you lighten your car?

    I just don't get why your Gallardo seems to be stronger. I mean, when I had bolt on's I ran some pre-LP560 Gallardo's and it was basically door to door.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Where are you getting the 3180 figure from or did you lighten your car?

    I just don't get why your Gallardo seems to be stronger. I mean, when I had bolt on's I ran some pre-LP560 Gallardo's and it was basically door to door.
    Full exhaust saved about 80 lbs., I have GT3 Carbon Seats, saved another 85 lbs., lightweight battery saved about 30-35 lbs, carbon bonnet saved 25 lbs. and wheels are about 10 lbs all around. So roughly 230 lbs lighter than stock (I'm assuming an approx. 3400 lb curb weight).

    I have a 6-speed manual car (seem to be slightly faster than E-gear) and if you watch my videos, I think I drive my car a little harder than normal folk.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    LP560 = 3307LBS/485AWHP = 6.82 LBS/HP
    MY CAR = 3180LBS/465AWHP = 6.84 LBS/HP

    As a reference, when I was stock, I ran 9.9 60-130 vs. a stock R8 V10 that ran 10.2. I have yet to race the LP560 and I've been bugging him for a while now.
    awe fcuk me.....

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    179
    Rep Points
    188.3
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    awe fcuk me.....
    Different cars have different powerbands. In my case, I was using it to compare the LP560 to my car because the powerband is very similar, so it would make sense that the times are similar as well.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,751
    Rep Points
    31,550.6
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    316



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Byzantine Click here to enlarge
    Full exhaust saved about 80 lbs., I have GT3 Carbon Seats, saved another 85 lbs., lightweight battery saved about 30-35 lbs, carbon bonnet saved 25 lbs. and wheels are about 10 lbs all around. So roughly 230 lbs lighter than stock (I'm assuming an approx. 3400 lb curb weight).

    I have a 6-speed manual car (seem to be slightly faster than E-gear) and if you watch my videos, I think I drive my car a little harder than normal folk.
    I see, that makes more sense. Your car still seems surprisingly strong though.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,460
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I see, that makes more sense. Your car still seems surprisingly strong though.
    at least im not the only one seeing that, i thought i was delusional for a bit..

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •