Close

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Couldn't agree more the DCT is a PITA to launch, but I feel with LSD and sticky tires it will be a beast at the strip.

All pulls where done in 5th

I don't want to into specific details but I can let you know that it wasn't an SSP hardware issue as he suggested.

TQ is what kills the trans, I've yet to see a blown M3 push over 450tq... As for HP #s Only time will tell, but I have faith that my trans can hold VTT stg 2 or RBs for sure and probably stg 3 when COBB allows us to crack into the TCU like the GTR and play with the parameters.... as a side note the M3 DCT is identical to all other BMW DCT platforms offered today including the new M5/M6 just with adjusted mechatronics.
    I think the exterior dimensions are the same (same series/7DC) - but I think one is rated at 600 nm, and the other (m5 & m6) is maxed out @ 750 nm.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Trap speeds tell all... IMO there are not enough cobb users who actually go to the track.. like BuraQ we all get on his case but hes out there time and time again proving one thing... the DCT is a good tranny , BC we see low traps with goot ET with a OK 60ft... we knew all that from his trap vs ET... if a 6sp Manual goes 12.4 @ 124 we know its making 445-450 rwhp but the guy cant drive for sh;t.... with this formula here if said car in the OP goes to the track with this power which should be a good 60 whp more than BuraQ he should trap 120-121 and go 11.2-3 IF he can get it off the line. but if he cant well still know its fast...

@BuraQ when are you getting a protune from cobb? I am very interested to see how you do as you have shown to test your car and show steady improvement in driving it.

But regardless of what tune any DCT n54 with 425+ has got to be a mean roll car on the street... one capable of upsetting a lot of cars with more power with $#@!ty drivers...
    My goal is sub 11.5, I truly believe this set-up can do it without upgraded snails. I already have all the M3 suspension parts and i'm defiantly getting an LSD/Diff Lockdown kit. I'll get some roll videos uploaded later this week so you can see it in action.

Since I cooked my hankooks last year i'm waiting for my new new rubbers to come in. As soon as they do i'll be at the track with dzenno trying to break some records Click here to enlarge

As for upsetting some cars, this is very true... I put bus lengths on cars that should beat me... I rolled with a c63 the other day from 40 km/h and by 130 I had about 2 car lengths Click here to enlarge. I'm waiting to race a local stock GTR as that is the true test for the N54..

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Joe's car is honestly a freakin' BEAST with the way it shifts. Given the amount of torque Joe's thinking half shafts may go off the line as he's a bit lowered. I don't have any experience launching DCTs at the 1/4 and I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to think its not as bad as launching a 6MT but at the same time I remember BuraQ damaged his driveshaft. I think the right thing to do since Joe's into drag racing this car heavily is to first get it properly set up to give it a chance. I'd do the following to go after some kick ass records before beating on it at the strip:

1) Diff lockdown
    2) Subframe bushings
    3) Line lock
    4) DSS Axles or go back to at least stock rear suspension height
    5) LSD
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    Take it to the track Click here to enlarge I think Joe's planning some drag strip action soon but I think he wants to get a line lock on the car first to be able to do a proper controlled burnout. It helped having that line lock kit on the VAC's M3 VF supercharged car too that was DCT.

I may hit the strip with the stage 1s this Wednesday if I can make it out and have the car not go stupid boost happy on me again Click here to enlarge
    Just checked cayuga, wed test and tunes don't start until july Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    I think the exterior dimensions are the same (same series/7DC) - but I think one is rated at 600 nm, and the other (m5 & m6) is maxed out @ 750 nm.
    They are identical transmissions just the mechatronics is programmed differently

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by fastgti69 Click here to enlarge
    So, nobody asked. Why does your clutch packs work and Sticky's do not?
    I have an extra disc like Drew did and his trans ended up getting bricked. Mine doesn't work and the discs were apparently installed incorrectly and some were oxidized. Alex is running his own trans now in my car which is working as the SSP trans isn't.

Kris@SSP obviously pushed this guy to post this in an effort to repair his name which what would go much further to do doing so would be to take the time to actually fix the work he did on mine rather than continue to try to push the products he used my transmission to develop.

This forum will not support or advertise SSP anything.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is that what sticky posted LOL... backwards??? funny since they're non directional discs....soon enough the truth will come out.
    Go ahead please tell me the truth I'm all ears.

I find it funny you have no problem with using a product my transmission was used to develop and for SSP to clearly use me and then have no interest in making sure their trans works. Simply just hanging me out to dry and now I have to go buy a new transmission. This is cool with you?

Awesome, cool that you are letting Kris use you without even knowing my situation other than I was kind enough to donate my trans so apparently you can have upgraded clutch packs now. You should be saying thank you.

Enjoy your car, unfortunately since SSP touched my trans I can't enjoy mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    My goal is sub 11.5, I truly believe this set-up can do it without upgraded snails. I already have all the M3 suspension parts and i'm defiantly getting an LSD/Diff Lockdown kit. I'll get some roll videos uploaded later this week so you can see it in action.

Since I cooked my hankooks last year i'm waiting for my new new rubbers to come in. As soon as they do i'll be at the track with dzenno trying to break some records Click here to enlarge

As for upsetting some cars, this is very true... I put bus lengths on cars that should beat me... I rolled with a c63 the other day from 40 km/h and by 130 I had about 2 car lengths Click here to enlarge. I'm waiting to race a local stock GTR as that is the true test for the N54..

Just checked cayuga, wed test and tunes don't start until july Click here to enlarge

They are identical transmissions just the mechatronics is programmed differently
    Two different transmissions - both by getrag, logic box by borgwarner

M3 - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...00&hg=28&fg=05

M5 - http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...09&hg=28&fg=05

Note the diagram - one is capable of 750 newton meters, m3 is 600

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I don't want to into specific details but I can let you know that it wasn't an SSP hardware issue as he suggested.
    Really? 2 DCT M3's that tried this setup and 2 DCT M3's that have to buy another transmission?

So then what is it?

You say you're not an expert yet you are sitting here saying you "know" it isn't what I suggested. And your experience with the car and trans is what? Nothing, you're just regurgitating Kris's garbage.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Is that what sticky posted LOL... backwards??? funny since they're non directional discs....soon enough the truth will come out.
    This is no coincidence.

You come out of nowhere to post this (which reeks to high heaven with the timing) after my issues with my build courtesy of SSP and specifically target me in your build thread and continue to target me for some reason. All this after Kris is trying VERY hard behind the scenes to get me to pull my thread/comments, not happening.

If you have all the answers after stating you are not an expert, drive down to Gintani and fix the trans SSP butchered. I'd love to see it, I'd love to see SSP do it, but instead Kris seems more focused on using someone like yourself to push his discs he used my trans for almost two years to develop.

So I'm sitting here with a broken trans thanks to him while you proclaim he is awesome when clearly you are being manipulated by his voice in the background. I feel sorry for you to be such a blatant pawn but some people are just tools.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I was skeptical at first since theres a huge thread on how it doesn't work, but I took the leap of faith anyways and pulled the trigger on the new SSP 16 plate clutch pack.Boy i'm I happy now for not listening to sticky. Kris hooked me up with a local DCT master technician who fly's all over the world to upgrade GTR and Lambo clutches steve@SJL. In other words I was in great hands and I cannot thank Kris and Steve enough for the countless hours spent making my baby run how it should.
    WTF kind of bull$#@! is this? Not listening to me?

The posts regarding my trans not working have been taking place for the past couple weeks and all of a sudden you decided to order in that time frame?

I'd be very skeptical of all this. Who are you? Where are pics of your discs? Who did the install? This all took place right after I posted? Really, just suddenly like that?

I have a 130+ page thread of me supporting SSP and posting up every detail for them as they requested with 12 separate articles and you miss all that somehow? And now say you are glad you didn't listen to me after we never talked about anything trans related with each other?

Kris, suck on my dick and fix my trans you broke. I was content to let you off with simply my transmission being fixed but now... well, let the games begin.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Boy i'm I happy now for not listening to sticky. Kris hooked me up with a local DCT master technician who fly's all over the world to upgrade GTR and Lambo clutches steve@SJL. In other words I was in great hands and I cannot thank Kris and Steve enough for the countless hours spent making my baby run how it should.
    I'd like to point out that there is NO transmission upgrade for the E-Gear used in the Gallardo, which is a huge problem with those UGR guys because they basically destroy a trans and swap in a new one/have it completely rebuilt. And with GTRs if people want stuff that lasts + performs, they use Dodson components (AMS, IveyTune, Jotech), maybe Shep Trans (Switzer), but NOBODY ​uses SSP stuff.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Kris hooked this guy up with a local DCT technician who "flys all over the world" but this guy can't come to Los Angeles? Weird, so for you, a random guy, you get some master tech but for me who gave SSP his trans for almost two years gets two middle fingers. What a classy guy.

All Kris had to do was say, hey, let's figure out what's up and let's have my master tech look at it. Or let's try to figure it out together and get it resolved.

Instead he insults me, Gintani, tries to have the thread pulled, and now has you post for him as if everything is perfect and clearly it can't be SSP hardware. If it isn't SSP hardware I wonder how my car is running with a stock trans then with the only change being the damn hardware.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who is this Steve @ SJL?

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kris, suck on my dick and fix my trans you you broke.
    Can you say that on here. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    Can you say that on here. Click here to enlarge
    I sure can.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

1 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Kris hooked this guy up with a local DCT technician who "flys all over the world" but this guy can't come to Los Angeles? Weird, so for you, a random guy, you get some master tech but for me who gave SSP his trans for almost two years gets two middle fingers. What a classy guy.

All Kris had to do was say, hey, let's figure out what's up and let's have my master tech look at it. Or let's try to figure it out together and get it resolved.

Instead he insults me, Gintani, tries to have the thread pulled, and now has you posted for him as if everything is perfect and clearly it can't be SSP hardware. If it isn't SSP hardware, I wonder how my car is running with a stock trans then with the only change being the damn hardware.
    Look who finally shows up to the party!!!

Funny how you could of posted this all day, but instead you wait until the 11th hour to $#@! on my parade. I'm sick of reading all the BS you post up on this forum. As soon as you read something you don't like you either edit it, delete it, or become a whiney $#@! and ban them. Is there a reason why I can't view or comment on your 135 page DCT build anymore? scared of something? Its not my fault your M3 took over 3 years to build, is it even done yet? You'd figure with all the money you talk about it would be resolved by now. You just need to get over it already sticky, the clutches work and finally theres a product out there for DCT transmissions. Its to bad that it was my car and not yours that allowed the DCT platform to move forward. I don't know why it didn't work on your car, maybe its just a lemon, but I'm pretty confident that it wasn't an install issue as you posted. Also let me know how those stock clutches hold up with the power you say your pushing and as for the extra discs you had in, I'm running two of them and so far no issues. I don't mind being the random guy getting a DCT master tech working on my car, it probably has something to do with paying for the product. I'm not going to get into a cyber battle with you as i'll let my car do the speaking for me Click here to enlarge because we all know you can't hate on time slips and dyno #'s.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Good night, Sticky! Lol
    JB4 G5 (ISO) + FSB + Cobb, Meth, BMS DCI, Spec Stg 2+ clutch w/ lwfw, Raceland DP's, BMS OCC, F1 Racewerks IC, ER Charge Pipe, Forged DV's, CSL Rep Trunk, Aero lip, Ground Controls coilovers custom, ER stainless steele brake lines

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Didnt seem like sticky was directing his frustration towards you. Seems to me that he was simply expressing his disbelief that all options for his build werent attempted when he has so much time and money invested in this solution. Try to turn the tables on this scenario and than say you wouldnt be pissed.
    SYVECS Standalone l Motiv Port Injection with Fuel It Stage 3 LPFP l MFactory LSD l CFS Racing Radiator l m3 front and rear control arms l ST Coilover System Vargas Stage 2+ Fully Upgraded Turbos l Vargas Inlet System l VRSF DP | VRSF FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | BMS Trunk Meth l Nitrous Express Dry l Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe with n20/meth bungs l Vargas HPFP Upgrade v1 l Agency Power Exhaust with n55 mid pipes l Apex AERO-7 Lightweight Wheels l Toyo R888s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)

2 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Here we go again...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not to take sides, but I just want to confirm that Serps DCT would be the first car that the SSP clutches are working in? After successfully bricking 2 M3 DCTs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

4 out of 7 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Its funny how you ban me from seeing and posting in your threads...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Funny how you could of posted this all day, but instead you wait until the 11th hour to $#@! on my parade.
    I apologize for being sick and sleeping in, so sorry. I should post on your schedule, I'll keep that in mind ok?

'm sick of reading all the BS you post up on this forum. As soon as you read something you don't like you either edit it, delete it, or become a whiney $#@! and ban them.
    Bro you're on BIMMERBOOST not BIMMERPOST. It's ok, check your browser window.

It's funny you don't know anything edited has the forum automatically notify you so where are these notifications of all these posts being edited? Deleted posts? Name one, show me.

Ban people? Heh, anyone who knows this forum knows we don't ban. It's pretty obvious for anyone familiar with this forum to see how far you are reaching. Please, feel free to keep making up whatever you want any regular member knows this is all BS.

Is there a reason why I can't view or comment on your 135 page DCT build anymore?
    Yes. You're only comment was a link to this thread. I don't go into your build threads and post links into mine do I? That's called courtesy.

But thank you for admitting you specifically targeted this thread as a response to me instead of simply your own build/results which I thought you said could stand on their own merit? You're attacking me here. Makes you wonder eh what the real purpose of this truly is eh?

Its not my fault your M3 took over 3 years to build, is it even done yet? You'd figure with all the money you talk about it would be resolved by now.
    Um, there is a thread in the S65 section showing it running CORRECTLY. Funny how it's with an OEM trans and not the SSP trans? But you say it's not a hardware issue?

It just takes basic reading to see it.

Maybe the car would have been built faster if SSP didn't miss their target date by over a year? You know, using my trans parts as a model for development to then sell parts to people like you who then bash me for it?

Does Kris have pictures of you wearing women's underwear or something to force you down this route?

You just need to get over it already sticky, the clutches work and finally theres a product out there for DCT transmissions.
    Oh, so you saw my trans and Drew's trans personally eh? So one guy bought a trans for fun? And i'm buying one for fun? I just love the look of it and enjoy collecting them. Great art piece and all to have around the house.

Its to bad that it was my car and not yours that allowed the DCT platform to move forward.
    Oh this is just beautiful. Yep man, it was your car at SSP, your trans shipped to South Dakota, and you waiting around for years. You made this all move forward. Let's throw you a parade.

I don't know why it didn't work on your car, maybe its just a lemon, but I'm pretty confident that it wasn't an install issue as you posted.
    The only thing anyone here can be confident about is you posting anything to shift blame from SSP.

Also let me know how those stock clutches hold up with the power you say your pushing and as for the extra discs you had in, I'm running two of them and so far no issues. I don't mind being the random guy getting a DCT master tech working on my car, it probably has something to do with paying for the product.
    Ya I hate paying for products that work correctly. I'm one of those people who likes to waste time on things that don't work and then spend more money and time getting them to work. That makes total sense, good point.

Where was your build thread? Where are your details? Because I detailed my build for years and you come out of nowhere targeting me as if I did something to you? Did I do anything to you other than make your own trans work possible?

I'm not going to get into a cyber battle with you as i'll let my car do the speaking for me because we all know you can't hate on time slips and dyno #'s.
    Cyber battle? Yet you're going around using my name in your posts in this thread, posting links in my build thread to here, and then blatantly lying stating you know it can't be any hardware issues yet you are isolated from the situation.

Are you and Kris engaged in some kind of cyber romance maybe? How about instead of being a piece of trash you tell Kris to get his dick out of your mouth and get to work on fixing my transmission. Ok buttercup?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Not to take sides, but I just want to confirm that Serps DCT would be the first car that the SSP clutches are working in? After successfully bricking 2 M3 DCTs
    You don't find this all odd there really isn't anything to corrobate this?

If I was getting a trans build done I would document it. Oh wait, I did. This suddenly shows up after it's demosntrated the SSP trans doesn't work and ditching it fixed my problems? Well let's not all act like this is a coincidence because we all know it isn't.

He comes in here specifically targeting and insulting me and I don't even know who the hell this guy is. And then thinks mid 400 wheel horsepower is something to brag about if that isn't on the stock trans which it certainly can/should be.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    No what's funny is you trying to have attorneys pull my threads/posts down you little girl. Who else you want to go run to for help to since you can't fight your own battles?

I'm just getting warmed up now.

Click here to enlarge

How about instead of trying to hide the threads, or get my posts deleted, you get some self-respect and try to fix your work? You can't even say, "hey, let's sit down and figure out what happened and try to fix it. I know you have been waiting a long time to get this done and it's to everyone's benefit to make sure it works. I spared the time to tow the car out and take apart the trans when I needed one to get parts made the least I can do is help the guy who made that happen."

That's what you should be doing. Instead, you react the way you do which should tell everyone all they need to know about dealing with you. I imagine people are lining up to send you cars.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Apparently that wasn't a "hardware issue" either right? It's everyone else's fault, not SSP's, nothing to see here their stuff and support is soooooo awesome.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    Want to see funny? This is funny:

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    There goes the neighbourhood. Just not seeing how this cyber war solves anything...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast