Close

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    and this is how we know the racing season is upon us..

if you only have HP on the dyno, do you really have it..? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Not following you?

I'm asking you because you were the one there who told me his numbers. Nemo is not touching 80% duty cycle even at higher RPM. On N55s we run 100% duty cycle, lol. If you are talking about our N54 MT I agree the 460rw tune is aggressive but I'd say it's acceptable for 1/4 mile glory but not acceptable for 1/2 mile glory. Stock turbos are cheap these days anyway though. Click here to enlarge

Anyway if you want to get the thread back on track lets see those logs from the runs. Nemo's log is posted so it will be interesting to compare DCT vs. MT, power vs. advance.
    Take it to the track Click here to enlarge I think Joe's planning some drag strip action soon but I think he wants to get a line lock on the car first to be able to do a proper controlled burnout. It helped having that line lock kit on the VAC's M3 VF supercharged car too that was DCT.

I may hit the strip with the stage 1s this Wednesday if I can make it out and have the car not go stupid boost happy on me again Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge

Now we're talking common sense hehe Click here to enlarge slips or bust
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Trap speeds tell all... IMO there are not enough cobb users who actually go to the track.. like BuraQ we all get on his case but hes out there time and time again proving one thing... the DCT is a good tranny , BC we see low traps with goot ET with a OK 60ft... we knew all that from his trap vs ET... if a 6sp Manual goes 12.4 @ 124 we know its making 445-450 rwhp but the guy cant drive for sh;t.... with this formula here if said car in the OP goes to the track with this power which should be a good 60 whp more than BuraQ he should trap 120-121 and go 11.2-3 IF he can get it off the line. but if he cant well still know its fast...

@BuraQ when are you getting a protune from cobb? I am very interested to see how you do as you have shown to test your car and show steady improvement in driving it.

But regardless of what tune any DCT n54 with 425+ has got to be a mean roll car on the street... one capable of upsetting a lot of cars with more power with $#@!ty drivers...
    09 6AT 335i Coupe M-Sport - SOLD
    Current - 16 Jeep Wrangler - Few Mods
    Looking for a n54 project e90/e82

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    637 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ChuckD05 Click here to enlarge
    Trap speeds tell all... IMO there are not enough cobb users who actually go to the track.. like BuraQ we all get on his case but hes out there time and time again proving one thing... the DCT is a good tranny , BC we see low traps with goot ET with a OK 60ft... we knew all that from his trap vs ET... if a 6sp Manual goes 12.4 @ 124 we know its making 445-450 rwhp but the guy cant drive for sh;t.... with this formula here if said car in the OP goes to the track with this power which should be a good 60 whp more than BuraQ he should trap 120-121 and go 11.2-3 IF he can get it off the line. but if he cant well still know its fast...

@BuraQ when are you getting a protune from cobb? I am very interested to see how you do as you have shown to test your car and show steady improvement in driving it.

But regardless of what tune any DCT n54 with 425+ has got to be a mean roll car on the street... one capable of upsetting a lot of cars with more power with $#@!ty drivers...
    I saw this slip posted today and was thinking of you, lol...

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-25449.html

Sometimes getting those MTs to MPH is a $#@!. I took a few runs in our MT using map 7 (~435rw) and managed only 118mph. Same track earlier in the day went 124mph with the AT using the same map/tune. Granted the E92 is 300# heavier but it was just such a pita to get it out of the hole cleanly and times were all over the place. I need a lot more practice. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Joe's car is honestly a freakin' BEAST with the way it shifts. Given the amount of torque Joe's thinking half shafts may go off the line as he's a bit lowered. I don't have any experience launching DCTs at the 1/4 and I'm not sure what to expect. I'd like to think its not as bad as launching a 6MT but at the same time I remember BuraQ damaged his driveshaft. I think the right thing to do since Joe's into drag racing this car heavily is to first get it properly set up to give it a chance. I'd do the following to go after some kick ass records before beating on it at the strip:

1) Diff lockdown
    2) Subframe bushings
    3) Line lock
    4) DSS Axles or go back to at least stock rear suspension height
    5) LSD
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Congrats Joe on making some serious numbers and your car finally running like a beast. He Beat my stg 2+ aggressive car by BUS LENGTHS!!! lol Click here to enlarge
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    does the IS DCT have launch control?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    does the IS DCT have launch control?
    Yes
    08 335i | Space Gray | Burl Walnut Wood Trim | Sport pkg | Premium Pkg | LOGIC7 | Navi | Comfort Access

| COBB | Injen DCI | Active Autowerke | Sonic Tuning | E92 Lighting | ER | HKS | BMS |

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pho_e92 Click here to enlarge
    Yes
    then line-loc and sticky tires is all you need Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

@BuraQ when are you getting a protune from cobb? I am very interested to see how you do as you have shown to test your car and show steady improvement in driving it....
    One more mod on the way "exclusively" to run the PTF PROtune

As for the line lock suggestion on the DCT 335is, I dont think it will be worth it on this car. It doesnt work like the MT or the AT, its much more technical.

The brake is linked to the DCT electronically, trying to spin tires like you do on a AT will burn your clutch eminently. Please read the N54 DCT Technical Data post with the PDF attached for the BMW DCT that was dervied orignally from Sticky's thread http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Technical-Data

To setup for tire prep, you have to align the car in the water box area a few inches back from where you want the tires to spin at

Hold the brake "slightly" enough to hold the car in place, then quickly release the brake at the same time giving about 60% throttle "instantly", as soon as you feel the tires spinning from the torque then press back down on the brake to hold the car while the tires heat up and that can be modulated with the throttle.

Do this only one time per session ie after your first spin and the wheels stop, dont repeat. Allow longer than usual cool down time before trying it again.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    One more mod on the way "exclusively" to run the PTF PROtune

As for the line lock suggestion on the DCT 335is, I dont think it will be worth it on this car. It doesnt work like the MT or the AT, its much more technical.

The brake is linked to the DCT electronically, trying to spin tires like you do on a AT will burn your clutch eminently. Please read the N54 DCT Technical Data post with the PDF attached for the BMW DCT that was dervied orignally from Sticky's thread http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthrea...Technical-Data

To setup for tire prep, you have to align the car in the water box area a few inches back from where you want the tires to spin at

Hold the brake "slightly" enough to hold the car in place, then quickly release the brake at the same time giving about 60% throttle "instantly", as soon as you feel the tires spinning from the torque then press back down on the brake to hold the car while the tires heat up and that can be modulated with the throttle.

Do this only one time per session ie after your first spin and the wheels stop, dont repeat. Allow longer than usual cool down time before trying it again.
    line-loc works on M3 DCT's...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    line-loc works on M3 DCT's...
    The DCT's are programmed differently ......

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dont believe it has anything to do with the price of tea in asia. do the brakes work differently in an M and IS?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    STOP THE TUNER TALK, MORE WITH THE DCT IMPROVEMENTS. Badass.
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 1200+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    How much is the labor cost on installing the clutch packs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    AR Design Line Lock, available for the BMW 135, 335 + M3

The promo video shows a 335, can't confirm whether or not it's a DCT. AND yes the DCT is programmed differently, but this isn't altering the programming of TQ values or anything (where the main difference in programming between the E9x M3 + 335 DCTs)
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I saw this slip posted today and was thinking of you, lol...

http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW-335i-Timeslip-25449.html

Sometimes getting those MTs to MPH is a $#@!. I took a few runs in our MT using map 7 (~435rw) and managed only 118mph. Same track earlier in the day went 124mph with the AT using the same map/tune. Granted the E92 is 300# heavier but it was just such a pita to get it out of the hole cleanly and times were all over the place. I need a lot more practice. Click here to enlarge
    That timeslip poops on mine lmao. I need meth...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    dont believe it has anything to do with the price of tea in asia. do the brakes work differently in an M and IS?
    I have no idea, but I do know the drive logic programming allows a hell of a lot more than you can do in the IS.

Our LC selection is not the same , whereas another method of launching the IS had to be figured out since we do not have the option of selecting the RPMs via controls to where we want to launch.

If we tried to launch a tuned IS at 5k RPM in full boost we would have a lot of sighs and crys

Our DCT does not auto park like the DCT with drive logic and auto drive when pressing on the gas pedal from a complete stop etc

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    AR Design Line Lock, available for the BMW 135, 335 + M3

The promo video shows a 335, can't confirm whether or not it's a DCT. AND yes the DCT is programmed differently, but this isn't altering the programming of TQ values or anything (where the main difference in programming between the E9x M3 + 335 DCTs)
    I never entertained anything related to altering TQ values, its just simply put the DCT on the IS reacts obnoxiously to braking if not applied correctly

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @BuraQ , What do you set your max boost in the JB4 interface for 1st and 2nd?

I had a 6 speed 135i N54 and the ZF was strong and consistant. Now I have a 335i DCT N54 and it just doesn't feel as good. Yes they have pros and cons but the DCT needs babying. I also like to hit the dragstrip regularly but I can just image getting out of the box with this DCT is gonna be hell.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dirty Dog Click here to enlarge
    @BuraQ , What do you set your max boost in the JB4 interface for 1st and 2nd?

I had a 6 speed 135i N54 and the ZF was strong and consistant. Now I have a 335i DCT N54 and it just doesn't feel as good. Yes they have pros and cons but the DCT needs babying. I also like to hit the dragstrip regularly but I can just image getting out of the box with this DCT is gonna be hell.
    Ummm, I am ProFlash. I have seen boost in 2nd gear like 13-14 PSI and third gear at 17.

My tuning is load targeted from my understanding of it, and it is not gear select tuned

Please bare in mind the following quoted by the OP on a DCT N54:

.....The technician advised me to go the flash route as the BMW TCU gets all its values directly from the ECU and tricking it with a piggy was affecting various systems/sensors (mostly load related) within the TCU.....
    Terry claims he has a fix so he is the expert on his product.
    Last edited by BuraQ; 05-06-2013 at 08:40 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

4 out of 10 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

This post by Jason@SSP is hidden due to excessive negative ratings. Click expand to view the post.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Ummm, I am ProFlash. I have seen boost in 2nd gear like 13-14 PSI and third gear at 17.

My tuning is load targeted from my understanding of it, and it is not gear select tuned

Please bare in mind the following quoted by the OP on a DCT N54:

Terry claims he has a fix so he is the expert on his product.
    Thanks. Sorry I thought you were running a piggy. RENNtech...I see now. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    @LostMarine @benzy89

It just dawned on me, if the DCT is seeing the brake signal from the brake pedal instead of the actual mechanical brake then yes the line lock should work.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast