Close

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SSPKris Click here to enlarge
    Our only goal from day one is to produce a product that supports high horsepower and is reliable for the BMW community.

Kris
    But you didn't on two M3s right?

You just admitted that the aggressive material doesn't work, which is what Sticky has in his car right? So don't you owe him at least your new less aggressive parts?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge

You just admitted that the aggressive material doesn't work, which is what Sticky has in his car right? So don't you owe him at least your new less aggressive parts?
    and then some

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Regarding "bricking" the trans. How is that possible with a clutch swap alone? Is the trans flash they are loading bricking it? And if so, can you then just replace the control module inside?
    To my understanding, no software adjustments were made with the SSP clutches on Drew & Stickys cars, it was supposed to be an install & forget upgrade. When the kevlar clutches were installed, the trans sensed it wasn't the OEM basket and freaked out. I don't know if the snsors were damaged when paired with the kevlar clutches, but Drew was unable to revive the trans, even after swapping back in an OEM clutch basket & a complete DCT reflash.

To give you a little background, Steve and I have worked closely together for nearly 4 years. We began working together on the Nissan GTR platform. This business relationship has progressed into us working together on several If Joseph wants to keep going, that is on him. Joseph when you are serious about figuring you car out, give me a call. Your transmission can be easily made to work correctly...The ball is in your court on how you want to move forward.

Our only goal from day one is to produce a product that supports high horsepower and is reliable for the BMW community.

Kris
    IF Kris & SSP are genuinely interested in fixing Sticky's DCT, they'll do the right thing and fix it (which will only benefit them in the end). From what it looks like, Sticky's car is working well with a 100% OEM DCT, but that is not a long term solution with the power levels he's looking to achieve. It is a great sign that the softer material clutches, upgraded Valvebody & software are working flawlessly in Serps car (an OEM turbo car), but the real testament will be if these clutches hold up on a highly modified DCT-equipped 355is or M3 (like Sticky's YSI M3). Hopefully some very aggressive driving (1/4 mile launches & passes, 60-130 and aggressive pulls, repeated downshifts, in-gear pulls, etc.) will illustrate that the SSP clutches & SJLs work is the perfect formula for a true DCT upgrade. If (hopefully when) SSP & SJL can get Sticky's DCT working problem free with the YSI-setup, the product will market itself since it's the DCT upgrade powering the most powerful S65 on the market (obviously this also applies if a 335is DCT gets VTT S3s and successfully uses this DCT upgrade).
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

To give you a little background, Steve and I have worked closely together for nearly 4 years. We began working together on the Nissan GTR platform. This business relationship has progressed into us working together on several DCT platforms. The BMW DCT is one of our current projects. We have been working on the BMW's transmission for over a year now.

We have been working on Joe's 335 for about 8 months. We have not started and build threads, or released any information, because we wanted to make sure the new product lineup was tested and proven first. Joe's car was used to test several different clutch compounds. We originally started off with aggressive Kevlar friction plates, but now have settled with less aggressive material. Steve has also come up with some proprietary valve body upgrades. The BMW's transmission needs to undergo a series of teach in procedures after a clutch has been installed. This procedure is the key to making any of the aftermarket parts work correctly.

There are several more parts that have been in development and will be tested in Joe's car in the coming months. Joe's car will be getting some of the new parts installed this month. We also give thanks and credit to Joe's tuner for making the car run flawlessly.

I personally am tired of all the bickering back and forth. Joseph and I will come to an understanding I am sure in the near future. This will probably only happen behind closed doors. I am not engagnig in any further forum wars. If Joseph wants to keep going, that is on him. Joseph when you are serious about figuring you car out, give me a call. Your transmission can be easily made to work correctly. I can tell you that your issue is not due to backward clutch plates, installation errors, and or anthing else that has been stated. I only wanted to "bow out" because your car has been in your posession for over 1 1/2 years. During this time we have heard nothing from you and your engine builder. We invested a ton of money in parts, R&D, vehicle transportation, and got nothing in return. Yes you may have been giving us forum coverage, but what we really needed to know is how these new developed parts were going to perform. You have to understand that we invested time and money into this project, as you have invested your advertising time. At the time of your email, I was pretty upset that we have heard nothing from you in 1 1/2 years, and then all of a sudden, the transmission is not running correctly.

Well maybe I said a few things that I shouldn't have, but most people do when they are upset. The ball is in your court on how you want to move forward.

Kris
    To be honest it would be good for both parties to get the transmission working with your upgrade. If indeed you think 100% it can be done, with the help of this so-called guru.

Give it a shot guys. There is a lot to be gained by both sides in getting this working.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    SSP took a long time to to build the trans, gianati took a long time to build the motor. I bet if you were to send this guru out to fix stickys trans he would recant the statements about your work. It's a win win for both parties, sticky gets a working trans, and you get good press. Seems pretty simple to me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    ...man ..am i ever so happy to have a six speed manual Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    bmw335isguy i love this "These people on e90post are pain in my $#@!s. I buy a downpipe, they buy a downpipe. I buy a fmic, they buy a fmic. I buy Vargas stage 3 turbos, they can not afford. Great success!"

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJL Custom Auto Click here to enlarge
    What kind of proof do you want? Serps has displayed the vids and dyno numbers. Im encouraging him to run even more power. I want to see the slip point of our setup. We had issues when testing and tuning. Dzenno can attest. But we have diagnosed and figured out solutions for the issues that arrised. And now have gotten the result first set out for.

At this point in the game Im not at the liberty of showcasing and displaying our development. I can tell you this. All bases have been covered. We have invested much time, energy and money into this development. And now the proof is going to be displayed. This setup has been developed using SSP clutches. Kris and I are good friends and have worked on many projects together. We have tested many different friction materials in order to get to this result. The SSP clutches are a drop in application. They should perform as advertised without problem. Im sorry for those that have had issues, but as far as Im concerned, they are not clutch disc related. I can tell you this from experience.

Increasing line pressure in these transmissions is only a temporary solution. Our setup does not require additional line pressure. That being said, to produce the power level Serps has been capable of, there is a valvebody mod required. Being a business man, Im not able to discuss the details at this point. There is also special DCT tuning software that we have used in order to setup the trans properly. This software has to be learned on the trans in a certain sequence in order for it to learn and perform at peak levels.
    It's rather convenient to make claims without having to back them up isn't it?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Nugs Click here to enlarge
    How would you go about doing this?
    Software. There are those who have modified/replaced the pumps too...
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bobS Click here to enlarge
    Considering that SSP had stickys transmission in their possession, I still don't see how they cant be at fault. Even if it's not a clutch issue, SSP had the entire trans to modify and fix whatever other issues they needed too and when they delivered the trans to sticky, it doesn't work. It's not like sticky bought clutches and Kris shipped them to another shop without seeing the trans.

It's still obvious that SERPS was asked to post this positive experience and link it in stickys thread, we aren't idiots, anyone can see that. It would be better off if people just stayed out of it, which is exactly what I'm going to do. It's not my build and really not my business so I'm not really commenting further. But it would be nice for people to come clean...
    It's a hardware issue for me. Whether caused by the clutches, incorrect install, whatever, the hardware doesn't work. So I'm not sure how the guy can comment on it not being hardware when it is hardware.

OEM trans works great FYI.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PEI330Ci Click here to enlarge
    I disagree.
    In what sense?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    RIGHT...... Except for in the original post when you said this:

You've also been working on this since October 2012, there was NO attempt at documenting this or building any awareness -- Not a single comment or thread (even without pictures) was ever made.

Well it's an apples to orange comparison. Drew & Sticky both attempted at running the older version of the discs, and here you are running the newer version/material of the SSP clutches (a softer material). SJL has also confirmed that it's not a 100% direct swap:
    We haven't seen any pictures, details, or documentation of this install. Some text from some people who then say they can't share anything more isn't all that resussuring especially when I'm sitting here with a trans touched by SSP that doesn't work.

Maybe SJL could fix it, maybe not, who knows. All I know is SSP never pointed me to SJL even that was too much to do apparently.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Actually the set I have in aren't the softer clutch packs
    I don't get it. You said you had these and they are drop in. Now you don't have them. What do you have? Do you have anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SJL Custom Auto Click here to enlarge
    Not at this time time no. Our main concern was to produce the numbers people are after reliably.
    Then you don't have true full control.

I'm more concerned with the software than anything else really. Considering what stock discs can do messing with the SSP garbage has been nothing but a waste of time and money. Add in dealing with Kris and it has been a nightmare.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    This is my own personal opinion but in the past week or 2 just the amount of bs and trash talking that has overtaken this forum seems to be a much higher level then normal. I was partly to blame getting involved in trying to warn people about John from HPFP, I should have just said nothing. But I have been finding myself closing all my forum tabs in my browser and not looking at anything so I do not get emails because I don't have time for the bs. But like I said this is just my opinion.
    You're relatively new here.

You also have gotten into it with your own trash talk.

This isn't a forum for the timid or weak.

I'm enjoying it even more lately and it just keeps getting better IMO. I think you let some stuff get to you too easily.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

We have been working on Joe's 335 for about 8 months. We have not started and build threads, or released any information, because we wanted to make sure the new product lineup was tested and proven first.
    Oh ok but my build thread was different and you didn't care to make sure it was tested and proven? Nice.

Joe's car was used to test several different clutch compounds. We originally started off with aggressive Kevlar friction plates, but now have settled with less aggressive material.
    This is the same crap you told me that you were "testing" so many different compounds but it just turned out to be an excuse to keep my trans longer.

I personally am tired of all the bickering back and forth. Joseph and I will come to an understanding I am sure in the near future. This will probably only happen behind closed doors. I am not engagnig in any further forum wars.
    You're engaging in one right now.

If Joseph wants to keep going, that is on him. Joseph when you are serious about figuring you car out, give me a call. Your transmission can be easily made to work correctly. I can tell you that your issue is not due to backward clutch plates, installation errors, and or anthing else that has been stated.
    Please do, we're all listening. You have the answer supposedly but can't share it? Why? Because you don't have the answer you stated yourself in the e-mail back to me you have no idea what is going on but now all of a sudden you do? Make up your mind.

I only wanted to "bow out" because your car has been in your posession for over 1 1/2 years. During this time we have heard nothing from you and your engine builder.
    You had my car and transmission for this long yet Gintani never bowed out from doing their side of things. How does this make any sense?

Yes you may have been giving us forum coverage, but what we really needed to know is how these new developed parts were going to perform. You have to understand that we invested time and money into this project, as you have invested your advertising time. At the time of your email, I was pretty upset that we have heard nothing from you in 1 1/2 years, and then all of a sudden, the transmission is not running correctly.
    Wow, this is interesting. So you go from threatening me with lawyers (which didn't work, care to try again?), insulting me, berating me, and washing your hands of everything to "oh hey you need to understand the time and money blah blah blah." I guarantee you the time and money you supposedly spent pales in comparison to the time and money I have spent on my car. Probably why I want it running and you "wash your hands" of it because you don't give a damn.

You're upset you didn't hear anything? Does your computer only receive e-mails? Does your phone not dial? What exactly do you have to do with anything beyond your transmission? I'm a little upset I didn't get updates from you on the absurd delays but I didn't blast you for it or put you down I just expected you to take care of your end.

Well maybe I said a few things that I shouldn't have
    Oh you think? Maybe eh?

The ball is in your court on how you want to move forward.
    I am moving forward hence why the car was shown working. I can't move forward with the trans you touched because you botched it up. You want to fix it, then fix it. Either way this will be resolved but you aren't getting off the hook Kris. Ball is in your court you aren't a little kid despite acting like one.

It's your job to take care of your work, not mine.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Torgus Click here to enlarge

How about just OEM parts and he can leave me the hell alone forever?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    ticky's car is working well with a 100% OEM DCT, but that is not a long term solution with the power levels he's looking to achieve.
    The OEM trans would have to be modified, sure, but the point being the OEM trans will and does work.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bmw335iguy Click here to enlarge
    SSP took a long time to to build the trans, gianati took a long time to build the motor. I bet if you were to send this guru out to fix stickys trans he would recant the statements about your work. It's a win win for both parties, sticky gets a working trans, and you get good press. Seems pretty simple to me.
    I don't get what the problem is if he was serious he would have done this from the beginning but instead he went into shift blame and insult mode. I don't trust this guy. I trusted him for 2+ years and what did it get me?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Maybe I'm missing something, and I'm not taking sides here but...is it correct to say that SSP and SJL didn't have a working trans upgrade (i.e hard parts like clutches and valvebody + software TCU + DME tuning) until the last few weeks?

If this is the case, then the issue seems to be not hardware, not software both both, i.e. the integration of all the parts.

And if that's the case, then Sticky it's not a hardware issue. It's the same as swapping a much larger set of port fuel injectors and calling the injectors bad because your car wouldn't run properly with them without recoding the ECU. It sounds like the parts just weren't ready without the other part of the solution which is now within your grasp.

Bury the hachet and get SJL or SSP the car or flown out to CA and get the trans fixed. I don't know you but I have to imagine getting your car running and laying down a ST-destoying 800+WHP or whatever run is a lot more important to you than roasting a vendor for real or imagined slights. Clearly you both aren't happy but I think everyone will have a lot more respect for both of you if you can bury the hatchet and get out to shift sector and lay a smack down. That and you won't be out $10k or whatever for a new OEM DCT.

Best of luck to you.

BB

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BavarianBullet Click here to enlarge
    is it correct to say that SSP and SJL didn't have a working trans upgrade (i.e hard parts like clutches and valvebody + software TCU + DME tuning) until the last few weeks?
    I mean it sure looks that way doesn't it?

And if that's the case, then Sticky it's not a hardware issue
    You don't understand, it is. The OEM trans works perfectly. The SSP trans only works well with odd gears. The second clutch just seems defective, or broken, or who knows what. Upping pressure isn't solving it or messing with the ECU. Ok?

I don't know you but I have to imagine getting your car running and laying down a ST-destoying 800+WHP or whatever run is a lot more important to you than roasting a vendor for real or imagined slights.
    Then you don't know me.

Bury the hachet and get SJL or SSP the car or flown out to CA and get the trans fixed.
    SSP should have already been arranging solutions from the time of the first e-mail and first phone call with Gintani.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

12 out of 15 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    @Serp, I'm "oddly" confused as to why you feel the need to discredit Sticky and his issue's with SSP. Just because you've had a good experience doesn't automatically mean everyone who comes in contact with SSP should or will have had the same experience. Companies, businesses, and people are not perfect, so how can you sit there and write that you're CONFIDENT that Sticky's issue was not a hardware nor installation issue? Especially when you didn't see his clutch, didn't do the install, and was not there during the time of the install. That's not your place. You don't know this. I laughed as you asked Sticky to provide proof as if you have stake in SSP. Situations happen that are completely different to yours and that are unknown to you.

You also seem to miss the point that Sticky was not the only person with this issue, which all occurred after installing SSP's product. It's not a coincidence. Again, why do you feel the need to protect someone and there business that you have absolutely no personal ties to (Other than purchasing a clutch). Your just a customer. Right now, you're being the instigator for no good reason. Sticky's beef is with SSP, not you. I seriously don't understand or see why you took it so personal. It doesn't make sense.

You do realize that your clutch was only made possible to purchase, because of Sticky??? If they didn't have Sticky's trans to play with, you wouldn't even be posting this thread write now. So instead of bashing things you don't know and begging for proof of a job that has nothing to do with you, just sit back, stop trying to fight a battle that isn't your's, and say "Thank you Sticky for making my clutch possible." lol

On another note, I'm glad to see that the SSP clutch worked out great for you. It opens the window for more options and potential for the N54 DCT. I actually nodded my head in pleasure when I saw your thread. This gives me hope that if or when I upgrade to my next 335, I can put the 335is at the top of my list. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LuSt4Boost Click here to enlarge
    @Serp, I'm "oddly" confused as to why you feel the need to discredit Sticky and his issue's with SSP. Just because you've had a good experience doesn't automatically mean everyone who comes in contact with SSP should or will have had the same experience. Companies, businesses, and people are not perfect, so how can you sit there and write that you're CONFIDENT that Sticky's issue was not a hardware nor installation issue? Especially when you didn't see his clutch, didn't do the install, and was not there during the time of the install. That's not your place. You don't know this. I laughed as you asked Sticky to provide proof as if you have stake in SSP. Situations happen that are completely different to yours and that are unknown to you.

You also seem to miss the point that Sticky was not the only person with this issue, which all occurred after installing SSP's product. It's not a coincidence. Again, why do you feel the need to protect someone and there business that you have absolutely no personal ties to (Other than purchasing a clutch). Your just a customer. Right now, you're being the instigator for no good reason. Sticky's beef is with SSP, not you. I seriously don't understand or see why you took it so personal. It doesn't make sense.

You do realize that your clutch was only made possible to purchase, because of Sticky??? If they didn't have Sticky's trans to play with, you wouldn't even be posting this thread write now. So instead of bashing things you don't know and begging for proof of a job that has nothing to do with you, just sit back, stop trying to fight a battle that isn't your's, and say "Thank you Sticky for making my clutch possible." lol

On another note, I'm glad to see that the SSP clutch worked out great for you. It opens the window for more options and potential for the N54 DCT. I actually nodded my head in pleasure when I saw your thread. This gives me hope that if or when I upgrade to my next 335, I can put the 335is at the top of my list. Click here to enlarge
    I was beginning to lose faith in humanity.

I don't know why he is doing after me and saying he "knows" what is going on other than he is being used by Kris who since he has a guest vendor account can't really post more than once per day so @Serps has become his way to attack.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Sounds to me like an unfortunate situation. There is always more that lies beneath what is being said. I always believe vendors and business are never in business to purposely rip people off except for a small few and this always becomes known rather quickly. I know sticky just wants his car right and I am sure SSP wishes it would have turned out differently. Being in the performance industry I know how quickly something can go south even when everyone is doing their best to take care of it. I hope this works out for everyone in the end.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2054 Post(s)

Well then I wonder why SSP is purposely throwing me under the bus instead of making sure everything is "right" as they should.

I mean really what are we typing about? If Kris wanted this resolved it would have been resolved. He didn't even bother instead has others come on here to post about how great his stuff supposedly is. Wish I knew what he told Drew.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast