Close

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Umm. Actually, it's 678 you dumb $#@!... However, you don't know the difference between an engine, supercharger or turbocharger - so I don't expect you to understand how rounding works / what a significant figure is.

Here - just so everyone can see what a $#@!ing pompous ass $#@! this person is:

Mentioned:2 Post(s)Rep Power:0

She actually said this ^

I feel the love....

Alpina is a quite informed guy around the N54 arena... what's up with you? You judge his knowledge based on a rounding "error" of 1 point?

Did you bring the supercharger on the table? Or Alpina?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by inlineS54B32 Click here to enlarge
    Umm. Actually, it's 678 you dumb $#@!... However, you don't know the difference between an engine, supercharger or turbocharger - so I don't expect you to understand how rounding works / what a significant figure is.

Here - just so everyone can see what a $#@!ing pompous ass $#@! this person is:

She actually said this ^
    You've just insulted someone who's been around these neck of the woods for a VERY long time. He's also a little more educated that you may think.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

4 out of 4 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Had to unsubscribe from this one. Can't even find my important emails through all the back and forth. Who knew the DCT was such a flamethrower. My thoughts are, if SSP built a product that doesn't work because they have since figured out a better way etc, sticky let them fix it. You were basically their tranny beta. Betas do not always work right the first time out. This is expected, in these situations customer service usually makes or breaks the relationship. I severely hurt Turbomikes stage 2's pushing them well past where I knew I should, but you learn by breaking things. He has bimmerfest next weekend and I didn't want him to drive his car up to our shop with those turbos. So I got our shop truck and trailer and drove to LA this weekend to pick up his car, replace his turbos and get it back to him in time for bimmerfest. All no charge, he understood the nature of beta testing, but this is how you keep customers happy, happy customers make for more happy customers. SSP, just needs to make it right, Sticky, give them a chance to do so. Again IMO.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Serps Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge Car sounds great! So you have the stock 335is exhaust and replaced your secondary cats with the vibrant resonaters? Wish my car sounded like that!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RTA Click here to enlarge
    I feel the love....

Alpina is a quite informed guy around the N54 arena... what's up with you? You judge his knowledge based on a rounding "error" of 1 point?

Read this crap - and you will understand what this is all about: http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...403#post454403

I have also been around for a long time... I have no clue if he is kidding or what - but it's on par with ludicrosity/insanity.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dzenno@ProTUNING Freaks Click here to enlarge
    You've just insulted someone who's been around these neck of the woods for a VERY long time. He's also a little more educated that you may think.
    See below.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by RTA Click here to enlarge
    I feel the love....

And to answer your question - he did. And HE brought up the math, not me... He was "correcting" my quote incorrectly... I have a right to defend myself - maybe those specifc words shouldn't have been used.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I find it utterly comical he is keeping his launch technique "PTF exclusive". I told my buddy with 335is DCT FBO stage 2+FMIC Cobb BuraQ's technique described on shivpost and he proceeded to run a 12.4@115 on RFTs with zero experience. there's no magic behind this technique its only a matter of practice.
    Exactly. It's the same thing bren, AK, and myself have been doing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    And what is that showing exactly?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    *ACCELERATION*
    2011 E90 M3 \ Melbourne Rot Metallic

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Had to unsubscribe from this one. Can't even find my important emails through all the back and forth. Who knew the DCT was such a flamethrower. My thoughts are, if SSP built a product that doesn't work because they have since figured out a better way etc, sticky let them fix it. You were basically their tranny beta. Betas do not always work right the first time out. This is expected, in these situations customer service usually makes or breaks the relationship. I severely hurt Turbomikes stage 2's pushing them well past where I knew I should, but you learn by breaking things. He has bimmerfest next weekend and I didn't want him to drive his car up to our shop with those turbos. So I got our shop truck and trailer and drove to LA this weekend to pick up his car, replace his turbos and get it back to him in time for bimmerfest. All no charge, he understood the nature of beta testing, but this is how you keep customers happy, happy customers make for more happy customers. SSP, just needs to make it right, Sticky, give them a chance to do so. Again IMO.

The problem seems to be that SSP wants nothing to do with stickys trans and therefor has no intention of making it right.
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by lulz_m3 Click here to enlarge
    *ACCELERATION*
    Exactly, showing that the clutch isn't slipping at this level of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8np...ature=youtu.be

A few of you suggested that the OEM trans can hold it, well I would love to be proven wrong. There are a handful of RB turbo DCTs out there, would be awesome if they can chime in. As a already spoken to one who has encountered the same slippage issues as me, on a relatively conservative tune for stg 2 turbos.

More video's will be added later... Hoping to hit the strip late this monthClick here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Exactly, showing that the clutch isn't slipping at this level of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z8np...ature=youtu.be

A few of you suggested that the OEM trans can hold it, well I would love to be proven wrong. There are a handful of RB turbo DCTs out there, would be awesome if they can chime in. As a already spoken to one who has encountered the same slippage issues as me, on a relatively conservative tune for stg 2 turbos.

More video's will be added later... Hoping to hit the strip late this monthClick here to enlarge
    ok, but you dont show any videos of slippage, it would have proven your case a lot more had you documented that.

also, not sure how much load the dyno provides compared to the street. we'd love to see actual acceleration, in a safe environment of course

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    DAMN...That car pulls..Looks awesome..everything shifts soo smoothly.
    07 338xi | TiAG | Premium Pkg | Carbon Fiber Trim Wrap | E90 | BMW Perf. Intake | BMW Perf. Exhaust | Active Autowerke Stage 2 | 3 Stage Intake Manifold | KW V1 | Euro Xenon Headlights | VMR V710 | Custom Car Coding |
    See my dyno results---> http://bimmerboost.com/showthread.ph...ified-AA-FLASH)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ok, but you dont show any videos of slippage, it would have proven your case a lot more had you documented that.

also, not sure how much load the dyno provides compared to the street. we'd love to see actual acceleration, in a safe environment of course
    That is actual acceleration on a "road" in a safe enviroment Click here to enlarge

I will try and look for some old video's of the car slipping for comparisons.
    Last edited by Serps; 05-10-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    Heh it's not that. It's just the ego on that guy. He talked about his 116mph renntech timeslips as if they were delivered from the hand of god himself. 90% of the people who read his many, many, posts told him he should be going much faster and to dump that renntech tune. He would not hear it. If he was talking himself up so much running 116mph can you imagine what his posts are going to be like when he runs 120+mph as he should have been running all along? I better stock the cabinet with popcorn. Click here to enlarge
    Yes its going to be very exciting.....

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That is actual acceleration on a "road" in a safe enviroment Click here to enlarge

I will try and look for some old video's of the car slipping for comparisons.
    thats not the run on the dyno? camera doesnt shake at ALL.. must be super smooth trans, road, shifts and camera mount........

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by themyst Click here to enlarge
    I find it utterly comical he is keeping his launch technique "PTF exclusive". I told my buddy with 335is DCT FBO stage 2+FMIC Cobb BuraQ's technique described on shivpost and he proceeded to run a 12.4@115 on RFTs with zero experience. there's no magic behind this technique its only a matter of practice.
    Exactly. It's the same thing bren, AK, and myself have been doing
    Imagine that, its pretty comical here also seeing I have only released publically "one" of the methods to launching the DCT 335is which is not the method I use on track.

Keep guessing....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

5 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    thats not the run on the dyno? camera doesnt shake at ALL.. must be super smooth trans, road, shifts and camera mount........
    There's street light glare caught on camera which increased with speed, road reflections, tire noise, and the rumble of the road, and the wind noise. Not to mention the visible nosedive it takes after he drops the anchor, and the audible rumbling under braking. I'm all for critical thought, but this passes the test man.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    Imagine that, its pretty comical here also seeing I have only released publically "one" of the methods to launching the DCT 335is which is not the method I use on track.

Keep guessing....
    lol, you released what M3's have been doing for years? thats an accomplishment.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    There's street light glare caught on camera which increased with speed, road reflections, tire noise, and the rumble of the road, and the wind noise. Not to mention the visible nosedive it takes after he drops the anchor, and the audible rumbling under braking. I'm all for critical thought, but this passes the test man.
    i watched on the phone, ill look again

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DefactoM6 Click here to enlarge
    your right, my bad Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    That's seriously fast, damn!! Very nice!
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge

Keep guessing....
    It's magical isn't it!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Since this is a DCT thread, has anyone figured out if you can adjust the LC RPMs?? Last time I checked, I know the M3 guys weren't able to successfully adjust it -- I think they were hoping to lower it a few hundred RPMs so it'd be street tire friendly
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast