Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Launching an AWD usually required alot more finesse than a RWD. Then when you get to those power levels you really have to be careful not to break things, alot of AWD racers I've known ended up just babying it out of the hole. Still a decent take off and no need for drag radials but not what you would hope for.
    Some Gallardo guys go to rear wheel drive when up in power to not break things. Rear tires can give so the torque can go somewhere in the all wheel drive setup it usually goes to the weakest link then... snap.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Drop the ban hammer on him, it's your thread.
    That option is not available for regular users... yet.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    haha should implement a 'rep point store'*

*a terrible terrible idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I can comment from the XI side. I'm a FBO xi, procede v5, meth, AT and on e85 from time to time. The track I go to in PA doesn't have the best DAs since I think it's about 1700 feet above sea. My best times is a 12.04 at 117mph at completely full weight(Plus me at 205lbs) but that is only running 93 with meth and 18psi boost midrange tapering to 11psi at redline so there is definitely more room left.

I have cut multiple 1.6x and 1.7x 60s with this transfer case and probably 50 drag strip runs and it hasn't had a hiccup. The nice thing about the xi is that you can get away without getting built axles since power is going to all 4 tires instead of 2 so the strain is spread out more. As for the traps, I'd say my 1/8th speeds are on par with most fbo rwd 335s because of my launch advantage but down the last 1/8th I probably lose about 3mph. (6mph is definitely too high I'd say)

Overall, my xi has been flawless on the additional xi components. Only issues with the car have been related to the n54 and not the xi parts.

Also, on the other forum, we had a group buy put otgether to have Jacks shop I think purchase a transfer case and take a look at the weak parts. He actually just purchased one on his own and tore it apart, his conclusion was that the TC was extremely well made with all the important parts being very structurally sound.
    Last edited by pits200; 05-06-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigdnno98 Click here to enlarge
    Are you talking about jack from jacks transmission?
    Yes. He's fairly local to me and I went through a lot of drivetrain parts on my GVR4 working with him to find a good combo. I have no problem with going through the same process again.

If so, good choice. I guarantee a big turbo launch will break the stock TC. Question is will jack be able to make it stronger. If so, that might turn out to be a bad ass combo. MT XI with big turbo(s)
    That's the plan.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    haha should implement a 'rep point store'*

*a terrible terrible idea.
    Get in a flame war and bust out your credit card to win.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Get in a flame war and bust out your credit card to win.
    no. oh god no Click here to enlarge haha

i meant like trade 10 rep points for a ban in a thread you control, 'reasonable' things in theory.. but things that are still fairly unreasonable in reality hha

@Carl Morris so the TC has already been looked at and is nice and strong relatively? will be interesting to see how far it can be pushed/launched before it breaks

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

i meant like trade 10 rep points for a ban in a thread you control, 'reasonable' things in theory.. but things that are still fairly unreasonable in reality hha
    That isn't a bad idea.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

That isn't a bad idea.
    Click here to enlarge must stop giving ideas

haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    LM I'm looking to get the stg3 on my car (Also a 6mt XI) and my biggest worry is the transfer case as well. Like someone posted, the guy on e90 who was supposedly rebuilding one went silent so that usually means either he was full of it, or something did not go as planned.

When I brought this up to Tony the only answer was that shiv had an xi making 600+ hp and it "seems" to still be fine...obviously that means absolutely nothing. Obvious things though as you prob know is that a good cluth, drive shafts, and fueling are a must.
    Anyone know if an X3 tc will fit/work?

i trust nothing from the shiv, onbviously Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    If you're waiting for Jack, he's waiting for someone do actually break one from too much power. He saw the worm gear pictures but hasn't seen a failed one in person and says that it looks easy enough to swap out he's not sure if it's worth doing anything custom for it. He thought the pieces that actually transmit power looked good but if they start failing he'll make something. I'm not sure what else people want from him? Somebody has to actually start breaking them first...if it's me, that's where I'll take it and I'm sure he'll come up with something.
    makes sense. this isnt a huge problem for people yet, so i doubt a fix is there, but cant see one not being able to be done. its common hardware upgrade (isnt that what we thought about the ZF trans..?)

Are you talking about jack from jacks transmission? If so, good choice. I guarantee a big turbo launch will break the stock TC. Question is will jack be able to make it stronger. If so, that might turn out to be a bad ass combo. MT XI with big turbo(s)

I dont know if thats him, i havent looked yet
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I hope everyone here is aware as to what happens to a GTR with a few boltons tuned on E85... Oh wait, we are talking about a stock GTR... yes, those monsters. Click here to enlarge

lol, get off the gtr thing, they can be beaten you know Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

trolling is not restricted by location or thread starter..? haha
    @Sticky can you ban this guy from my thread Click here to enlarge he admitted to trolling, so id like to remove the cancer Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

The big difference is the all wheel drive drivetrain handling the power as @BavarianBullet stated especially regarding the transfer case.
    yes, already commented on. it needs to handle the HP. but building it for drag racing will not degrade 60-160 performance

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

ahh.. thats dumb.. i thought user had the power

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by pits200 Click here to enlarge
    I can comment from the XI side. I'm a FBO xi, procede v5, meth, AT and on e85 from time to time. The track I go to in PA doesn't have the best DAs since I think it's about 1700 feet above sea. My best times is a 12.04 at 117mph at completely full weight(Plus me at 205lbs) but that is only running 93 with meth and 18psi boost midrange tapering to 11psi at redline so there is definitely more room left.

I have cut multiple 1.6x and 1.7x 60s with this transfer case and probably 50 drag strip runs and it hasn't had a hiccup. The nice thing about the xi is that you can get away without getting built axles since power is going to all 4 tires instead of 2 so the strain is spread out more. As for the traps, I'd say my 1/8th speeds are on par with most fbo rwd 335s because of my launch advantage but down the last 1/8th I probably lose about 3mph. (6mph is definitely too high I'd say)

Overall, my xi has been flawless on the additional xi components. Only issues with the car have been related to the n54 and not the xi parts.

Also, on the other forum, we had a group buy put otgether to have Jacks shop I think purchase a transfer case and take a look at the weak parts. He actually just purchased one on his own and tore it apart, his conclusion was that the TC was extremely well made with all the important parts being very structurally sound.

Thats GREAT news. i knew 6 mph was too much. and i think you highlighted everything else i stated Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    ahh.. thats dumb.. i thought user had the power
    Don't see how it's dumb.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

@Sticky can you ban this guy from my thread Click here to enlarge he admitted to trolling, so id like to remove the cancer Click here to enlarge
    He wasn't saying he is trolling only that trolling is not restricted by location or thread starter.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 3 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    i didn't admit to trolling?

have no idea what you're talking about, i'm pretty sure this entire thread is you just trolling..? lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Don't see how it's dumb.
    yeah... if users could do it, people like LM would ban everyone from his threads until it became a massive circlejerk haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    OT @Flinchy

I have the uuc ssk no dssr in my '06 330 and the uus ssk w/dssr in my '10 335. The 335 is the shortest and most crisp shifting car I have ever driven, to the point that it impresses me regularly. Had it in for a year and can easily tell the difference when I drive the 330.

~Nate

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

@Carl Morris so the TC has already been looked at and is nice and strong relatively?
    Yes. So far the only question is the worm gear issues that have been seen in a few cases.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    you may want to hold out a little while and see what becomes of the HPF twin scroll single kit. If they can get if finished and working, a single, twin scroll turbo is going to be the best bet for this platform.
    Heh.

To OP,

LM I hope that someone does end up pushing the XI drivetrain to the point of breakage; because as you say there's not all that much knowledge out there about it. Most of the people I've talked to about swapping platforms all ask about the XI. So I think there's a lot of people curious about it, just no one actively trying to grenade it as a guinea pig yet. I think opening up the XI option would be great for the platform and community in general.

As an aside, the rear diff in the XI is still open, so I don't see axles becoming a liability until that is taken care of plus the power necessary to do it (more than a non-XI) assuming the axles are similarly beefy enough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

great timing i have huh? LOL

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Heh.

To OP,

LM I hope that someone does end up pushing the XI drivetrain to the point of breakage; because as you say there's not all that much knowledge out there about it. Most of the people I've talked to about swapping platforms all ask about the XI. So I think there's a lot of people curious about it, just no one actively trying to grenade it as a guinea pig yet. I think opening up the XI option would be great for the platform and community in general.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

great timing i have huh? LOL
    LOL yeah. I read that and was like "is he joking?" Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Sadly no. I hadn't heard yet. I spoke with them in Sep of last year about beta testing the N54 kit but sold my car 2 month later. Caught me off guard for sure.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    LOL yeah. I read that and was like "is he joking?" Click here to enlarge
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, DCI, 7" FMIC, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Sadly no. I hadn't heard yet. I spoke with them in Sep of last year about beta testing the N54 kit but sold my car 2 month later. Caught me off guard for sure.
    At first I had no idea what you guys were talking about, and then just checked the other forum. Can't believe HPFs is out of business! Crazy!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast