Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 143
  1. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    sorry, your input is invalid. you have already proven yourself to not have the mental capacity to participate positively in threads
    are you mentally disabled?

    not kidding

    serious question.

    tell me ONE thing about that post that's invalid? or that indicates my lack of mental capacity (and doesn't indicate yours haha) Click here to enlarge or ANYTHING i have ever posted to indicate that. have fun.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Cleveland TN
    Posts
    542
    Rep Points
    555.0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dont see a big difference in drag racing and XI setups. what works for one, can easily work for the other, besides gearing
    Launching an AWD usually required alot more finesse than a RWD. Then when you get to those power levels you really have to be careful not to break things, alot of AWD racers I've known ended up just babying it out of the hole. Still a decent take off and no need for drag radials but not what you would hope for.
    2008 135i - Cobb AP, JB4 G5 w/2Step&FSB, MS DP's, Berk street exhaust, AMS IC, VTT Inlets, UR Intake, ER CP w/Tial BOV, Spec 3+ & Steel FW, CDV delete, Quaife LSD, DSS Axles, M3 control arms, M3 rear SF bushings, M3 Trans bushings, SS brake lines. Pics

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    are you mentally disabled?

    not kidding

    serious question.

    tell me ONE thing about that post that's invalid? or that indicates my lack of mental capacity (and doesn't indicate yours haha) Click here to enlarge or ANYTHING i have ever posted to indicate that. have fun.
    see what i mean, i say your retarded, and the ony things you can respond with, is that im retarded.. no brainpower

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by brusk Click here to enlarge
    Launching an AWD usually required alot more finesse than a RWD. Then when you get to those power levels you really have to be careful not to break things, alot of AWD racers I've known ended up just babying it out of the hole. Still a decent take off and no need for drag radials but not what you would hope for.
    driver input yes, but that comes with seat time and is just that, driver dependent.
    im looking for hardware issues.
    if we can strengthen the car to take the abuse of drags, then nothing to worry about for roll-ons. I cant see any downsides to that. it may not be actual drag radials on the car, but surely something sticky, RE11A or R888's.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    see what i mean, i say your retarded, and the ony things you can respond with, is that im retarded.. no brainpower
    .. really?

    so just because you're the one that called me retarded first... doesn't mean i can when you're acting there's something wrong with you? that's the attitude of a child... sorry i'll stop joking about it, at this point it's genuinely seeming like theres something wrong, which is a sad thing. i've never been one to poke fun at people i genuinely thing have limited mental capacity.

    also seems you're struggling at the rest of what i said?

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    .. really?

    so just because you're the one that called me retarded first... doesn't mean i can when you're acting there's something wrong with you? that's the attitude of a child... sorry i'll stop joking about it, at this point it's genuinely seeming like theres something wrong, which is a sad thing. i've never been one to poke fun at people i genuinely thing have limited mental capacity.

    also seems you're struggling at the rest of what i said?
    im just copying your M.O. by ignoring you. enjoy your day boss, maybe finish junior high or something else productive besides trolling Click here to enlarge

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im just copying your M.O. by ignoring you. enjoy your day boss, maybe finish junior high or something else productive besides trolling Click here to enlarge
    Drop the ban hammer on him, it's your thread. Here's my serious input on mods for this High HP Xi:
    • ProEFI w/ FlexFuel (Give you full benefit of whatever turbo setup you choose, Anti-Lag from Dig + Roll, possibly allow full control of the Xi system)
    • Turbo System of Choice - VTT S3s, HPF or Custom Single
    • Trunk Mounted Meth Kit (Can run into CP or Aftermarket Manifold)
    • Upgraded Fueling (LPFP + HPFP)
    • Helix FMIC or Big Tom
    • Full Exhaust (Off the Shelf or Custom Piece)
    • Coil-Overs, Bushings/Mounts, LSD + Diff Lockdown
    • UUC or Rogue Short Shifter (skip the DSSR; read it just causes problems)
    • DSS Drive Shafts
    • Upgraded Clutch + Flywheel (if necessary)
    • Upgraded Brakes (Front Wheel BBK; but at minimum compound upgrade)
    • Lightweight Wheels (Apex) + Sticky Rubber (R888s)



    I don't know if its possible, but I'd ask Undercover if you could possibly swap in upgraded GTR drivetrain pieces (specifically the Dodson FWD retainer w/ Mechanical Locking Diff). That way you don't have to worry about destroying the OEM 335Xi transfer case after a few launches or aggressive pulls.
    Last edited by benzy89; 05-06-2013 at 07:05 PM.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    realistically, FBo knowing a stg 3 is going on, what is there to do? FMIC and meth kit right?
    charge pipe with atmo bov's? PCV+OCC? all the usual stuff you'd do minus what the bigger turbos need replaced specially.

    maybe the midpipes/rear section if you're keen to upgrade the exhaust depending what you'd want for the stage 3 DP's? (there'd be gains)

    and if you were 100% certainly aiming for stage 3's at 700~whp+.. clutch and flywheel.

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    im just copying your M.O. by ignoring you. enjoy your day boss, maybe finish junior high or something else productive besides trolling Click here to enlarge
    i'm confused by your first statement (ignoring me when i don't ignore you?.. my method of operation is not ignoring people haha)

    and find it (genuinely) funny you're saying i'm trolling, while doing it yourself Click here to enlarge

    it's a pity you go straight back to the base insults calling me a young teenager... it's like you get halfway through a 1 sentence post that makes you seem like a decent guy then somehow manage to undo that haha

    i know the only reason you do this is because you find it hilarious watching people's reactions to being trolled hard... but so much of it is just terrible TERRIBLE trolling.

    if we can get past the whole personal insults thing, http://i.chzbgr.com/imagestore/2011/...de8cef221d.jpg

    i actually like SOME of your posts...

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Drop the ban hammer on him, it's your thread. Here's my serious input on mods for this High HP Xi:
    • ProEFI w/ FlexFuel (Give you full benefit of whatever turbo setup you choose, Anti-Lag from Dig + Roll, possibly allow full control of the Xi system)
    • Turbo System of Choice - VTT S3s, HPF or Custom Single
    • Trunk Mounted Meth Kit (Can run into CP or Aftermarket Manifold)
    • Upgraded Fueling (LPFP + HPFP)
    • Helix FMIC or Big Tom
    • Full Exhaust (Off the Shelf or Custom Piece)
    • Coil-Overs, Bushings/Mounts, LSD + Diff Lockdown
    • UUC or Rogue Short Shifter (skip the DSSR; read it just causes problems)
    • DSS Drive Shafts
    • Upgraded Clutch + Flywheel (if necessary)
    • Upgraded Brakes (Front Wheel BBK; but at minimum compound upgrade)
    • Lightweight Wheels (Apex) + Sticky Rubber (R888s)



    I don't know if its possible, but I'd ask Undercover if you could possibly swap in upgraded GTR drivetrain pieces (specifically the Dodson FWD retainer w/ Mechanical Locking Diff). That way you don't have to worry about destroying the OEM 335Xi transfer case after a few launches or aggressive pulls.

    Its a good list. I havent talked to them in a few days. I have other things on my mind, im waiting for Phil nut up and make a phone call

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,485
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    nd find it (genuinely) funny you're saying i'm trolling, while doing it yourself
    how do i troll in my own thread? must be a mensa member..

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    67
    Rep Points
    201.6
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    3


    Yes Reputation No
    LM I'm looking to get the stg3 on my car (Also a 6mt XI) and my biggest worry is the transfer case as well. Like someone posted, the guy on e90 who was supposedly rebuilding one went silent so that usually means either he was full of it, or something did not go as planned.

    When I brought this up to Tony the only answer was that shiv had an xi making 600+ hp and it "seems" to still be fine...obviously that means absolutely nothing. Obvious things though as you prob know is that a good cluth, drive shafts, and fueling are a must.
    Anyone know if an X3 tc will fit/work?

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    217
    Rep Points
    305.2
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Salg Click here to enlarge
    Like someone posted, the guy on e90 who was supposedly rebuilding one went silent so that usually means either he was full of it, or something did not go as planned.
    If you're waiting for Jack, he's waiting for someone do actually break one from too much power. He saw the worm gear pictures but hasn't seen a failed one in person and says that it looks easy enough to swap out he's not sure if it's worth doing anything custom for it. He thought the pieces that actually transmit power looked good but if they start failing he'll make something. I'm not sure what else people want from him? Somebody has to actually start breaking them first...if it's me, that's where I'll take it and I'm sure he'll come up with something.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Are you talking about jack from jacks transmission? If so, good choice. I guarantee a big turbo launch will break the stock TC. Question is will jack be able to make it stronger. If so, that might turn out to be a bad ass combo. MT XI with big turbo(s)
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  15. #40
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The world...
    Posts
    1,331
    Rep Points
    1,202.2
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    I hope everyone here is aware as to what happens to a GTR with a few boltons tuned on E85... Oh wait, we are talking about a stock GTR... yes, those monsters. Click here to enlarge
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

    N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    how do i troll in my own thread? must be a mensa member..
    trolling is not restricted by location or thread starter..? haha

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Drop the ban hammer on him, it's your thread. Here's my serious input on mods for this High HP Xi:
    • UUC or Rogue Short Shifter (skip the DSSR; read it just causes problems)

    Click here to enlarge lol

    what's the stated problems with the DSSR? it's been a tough choice between UUC w/DSSR and rogue with WSR for me. the DSSR was meant to REDUCE shifter problems? make the choice easy if the opposite is true haha

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Munich/Germany
    Posts
    122
    Rep Points
    137.0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    2


    1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    I was in contact with UUC last year, they didnt offer a DSSR for the Xi Cars.
    BMW 335i xDrive MT
    COBB Stage2+|Wagner FMIC|CPe-Downpipes|BMW Performance Exhaust

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge lol

    what's the stated problems with the DSSR? it's been a tough choice between UUC w/DSSR and rogue with WSR for me. the DSSR was meant to REDUCE shifter problems? make the choice easy if the opposite is true haha
    I remember reading that a lot of people were installing their SSKs and had great, quick & direct throws, but after a while it get sloppy really quickly + the DSSR was the root (caused clunky, non-direct shifts). I could look it up, but you could easily Google "335 + SSK Reviews" and basically get everybody's comments
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    560
    Rep Points
    1,211.7
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    13


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89;452772[*
    Turbo System of Choice- VTT S3s, HPF
    Careful... they are now out of business.

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Please elaborate.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Careful... they are now out of business.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  22. #47
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Careful... they are now out of business.
    ?? @HPF 335i You know anything?
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clarksville, TN
    Posts
    3,868
    Rep Points
    2,450.1
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    25


    Yes Reputation No
    Well, Vargas ST3 is by far the best option available for the foreseeable future. The beta kit is a perfect option for +700HP.

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    Careful... they are now out of business.
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed


  24. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Rep Points
    1,436.0
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    15


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    I remember reading that a lot of people were installing their SSKs and had great, quick & direct throws, but after a while it get sloppy really quickly + the DSSR was the root (caused clunky, non-direct shifts). I could look it up, but you could easily Google "335 + SSK Reviews" and basically get everybody's comments
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=3...w=1366&bih=667

    i've also searched 'SSK' and 'uuc SSK'

    i can't find anything other than the usual 'i hate uuc their products suck' or 'loving my uuc ssk/dssr'

    though an overwhelming 'rogue ssk > UUC' in terms of build quality

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i dont see a big difference in drag racing and XI setups. what works for one, can easily work for the other, besides gearing
    The big difference is the all wheel drive drivetrain handling the power as @BavarianBullet stated especially regarding the transfer case.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •