Close

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    still dont get it do you
    i've taken any further commenting on the mater to the actual rep system thread as it was getting fairly off topic.. and well, that's where it should be.

but no, please elaborate if you can, i would greatly appreciate your ambiguity being clarified. (preferably in a PM unless it's valid for other users to read of course)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    i personally wouldn't

i'm just getting annoyed with the daily high-rep-power negs i've been getting lately. 100+ in the last week from someone who clearly doesn't like me >_>

ED: yep look at that, another -30 since the last time i posted, i wonder who that could be

that's 360-30+30-30+30-80. 140-150 negatives at a minimum in the last 7 days or so, and i haven't said anything particularly offensive to anyone, except defending tony once against LM >_>.. and then posting dome completely on-topic posts in this thread he took offense to.

it just seems that you can have 99% of the people here 'friends', but those 99% by and large have fairly low rep points/power, and not ALL of them rep all the time, and the GOOD high-power users rep sparingly because they know their clicks have huge swings on lower repped users.. which is how it SHOULD be... and of course there's the cooldown... then you annoy one popular user with high power and over the course of a few weeks they can take you down to zero pretty easily. i give it about 2 weeks tops personally for me.

it takes a long time to build it up, with the majority of users having fairly low power.
    I'm looking into this and I'll tweak it for you. Something like negging the same person beyond twice in a row will come with a penalty.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I'm looking into this and I'll tweak it for you. Something like negging the same person beyond twice in a row will come with a penalty.
    Thanks sticky, i know i'm not a perfect poster of course, though i believe the good posts i make outweigh the bad haha.. but if it kept up.. well it'd really potentially force me to leave the site, through no choice of my own, and as you know i'll have some pretty cool stuff to post in the future haha (and even creating a new account, as soon as i posted proper content.. it'd be pretty obvious who i was). Plus, i like this place a lot...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2088 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    Thanks sticky, i know i'm not a perfect poster of course, though i believe the good posts i make outweigh the bad haha.. but if it kept up.. well it'd really potentially force me to leave the site, through no choice of my own, and as you know i'll have some pretty cool stuff to post in the future haha (and even creating a new account, as soon as i posted proper content.. it'd be pretty obvious who i was). Plus, i like this place a lot...
    There is no perfect poster.

The idea is self-moderation and it definitely needs tweaks. I mean I could make it practically perfect if I could justify having a programmer 24/7 tweak it for me as I see fit.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    so no one know what the transfer case can handle? who here was a FBO n54 with xdrive?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    There is no perfect poster.

The idea is self-moderation and it definitely needs tweaks. I mean I could make it practically perfect if I could justify having a programmer 24/7 tweak it for me as I see fit.
    yeah, as is it just is a slow trial and error process i guess.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    so no one know what the transfer case can handle? who here was a FBO n54 with xdrive?
    From my gleanings in this thread and from elsewhere, the transfer case doesn't seem to be as fragile as previously assumed. I'd like to see more data about the AWD Shiv has out there, but she's probably under an NDA as well. :/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    From my gleanings in this thread and from elsewhere, the transfer case doesn't seem to be as fragile as previously assumed. I'd like to see more data about the AWD Shiv has out there, but she's probably under an NDA as well. :/
    I never signed an NDA, just have other commitments in life and haven't made getting to a track a priority. I haven't been launching hard and I'm still just on pump gas and 50/50 meth, so while it's pushing just over 500 to the wheels it isn't exactly having TC limits tested. Launching it would be the way to see what breaks, but I'm not eager to be stuck driving a 92 Tercel commuter car when that happens.

Valve cleaning and battery cable recall work happens this week, then I'll get scheduled for no lift shift and e85 setup so it at least pushes it a bit more. Then hopefully to the track when time frees up a bit later.

JP is also getting up there on the power and is beta for Vargas stage 2s, so as he ramps up the power we may get some good data on how robust the TC really is.
    07 e90 335xi Monaco Blue | FFTEC/Vishnu Single Turbo | Procede Rev 3 | Spec Stage 2+ Clutch | Spec Aluminum Flywheel | ETS FMIC | HKS Legamax Exhaust | Vishnu PWM Meth

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

I wish the 135i came in an XI... always been curious about an AWD car, I've never had one myself.
    Click here to enlarge
    471whp on E85

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    I never signed an NDA, just have other commitments in life and haven't made getting to a track a priority.
    That's great, I shouldn't have assumed, my apologies. Anxious to hear about your success as there is a whole lot of interest in the xi platform.

Nearly all others neglect to go in-depth over their cars and there's evidence that points to Shiv denying support if they do. Maybe not an NDA, but there's a reason so many are tight-lipped about it.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    I wish the 135i came in an XI... always been curious about an AWD car, I've never had one myself.
    If it came in AWD and 4dr I'd have one. I don't care how small the back seats are...I still like the extra doors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Carl Morris Click here to enlarge
    If it came in AWD and 4dr I'd have one. I don't care how small the back seats are...I still like the extra doors.
    lol maybe if it had rx-8 style suicide doors.. don't know how you are gonna get anything else on there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    @jpsimon has a Vargas Stage 2 Xi -- Can't remember if he's finally dialed them in 100%
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    i think hes conservative

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think hes conservative
    I agree, conservative in both launching and power (compared to other single turbos). At least in those vids..
    Click here to enlarge
    ESS 6XX kit

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by idspeedskater Click here to enlarge
    I never signed an NDA, just have other commitments in life and haven't made getting to a track a priority. I haven't been launching hard and I'm still just on pump gas and 50/50 meth, so while it's pushing just over 500 to the wheels it isn't exactly having TC limits tested. Launching it would be the way to see what breaks, but I'm not eager to be stuck driving a 92 Tercel commuter car when that happens.

Valve cleaning and battery cable recall work happens this week, then I'll get scheduled for no lift shift and e85 setup so it at least pushes it a bit more. Then hopefully to the track when time frees up a bit later.

JP is also getting up there on the power and is beta for Vargas stage 2s, so as he ramps up the power we may get some good data on how robust the TC really is.
    ethanol fuel setup alone will put the transfer case to the test. itll spool ALOT faster than any pump/meth tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

I'm also a FBO N54 xdrive. I almost never launch my car but I do rolling start 1st gear pulls through 3rd pretty often. I run map 2 most of the time but throw in 5 gallons of E85 every 2 weeks or so and put it on map 5

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ammonia Click here to enlarge
    AWD is a lot of fun. In the dry 1st gear is crazy and it just grips and takes off. In the rain/snow its just even more fun since it's easy to control but you can get some sliding going.
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've put 96k miles on my car with the original transfer case, but i don't do 1/4 racing so I don't have too many massive RPM dumps in 1st gear.
    335xi (sold)
    www.datazap.me - fast, free, interactive datalogs

Click here to enlarge

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456