Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Here we go for the second time, PG again claiming I blew my motor

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by PencilGeek
    After months of bashing the stroker motors, Sticky negotiated with one of the stroker owners to buy his used stroker motor. The plan was to swap motors and allow the original stroker customer to sell his car with a stock motor. But before the swap occurred, Sticky blew his motor...so that killed the deal.

Sticky broke his valve springs, which presumably bent valves and damaged pistons BEFORE he ever put on his Gintani SC kit. He wanted to take it to BMW for warranty repair and had the ECU reflashed back to stock. "Whoever" flashed it back to stock had disabled the CEL during the previous tune (hint, hint, sound familiar?). So there was a fiasco with BMW because BMW noticed the CEL was not functioning and called BS on his warranty claim -- saying he had a tuned ECU. Since I had already built my stroker motor, I offered to supply Sticky with my rods, pistons, and possibly valves if needed. But as soon as I offered, I realized he probably couldn't use them because if he did damage the cylinder walls, they would need to be honed and that meant he couldn't use my pistons. One month later, Sticky told me that he and BMW "came to terms" and that BMW fixed his motor. Almost immediately thereafter, he put on the Gintani SC kit on the motor.
    Don't tell me you believed Sticky when he said his motor didn't blow? HAHA.
    Am I a popular topic or what?

For final time, I never blew my motor NA or SC, you messed up yours. I bent a valve spring due to BMW's defective valve springs. This isn't blowing a motor. It isn't even remotely blowing a motor. BMW themselves inspected and repaired this motor, I can provide the repair documentation if necessary.

I got new valve springs and valves directly from BMW. That was it, and I got a supercharger right after the car was running again. The down time was becayse BMW and I argued over who was going to pay for it.

How is bending a valve due to a defective factory BMW part blowing a motor?

Just in case a part of the spring got inside the motor and damaged a piston which is a worst case scenario, I asked Robert if I could have his stock parts which he volunteered. I never needed those parts and I never asked him for those parts as when BMW took off the head they noticed there was no damage.

This is what I wrote in an e-mail a long time ago:

The problem is I don't know what I need yet. BMW won't even open up the heads to see what is wrong without cash up front, I don't understand it. Their request is not even reasonable.

This is just an educated guess, I will need pistons (chances are pieces of the springs hit it) along with springs and valves.

This is all if my attorney does not force BMW to at least check if their part failed.

I am just preparing for the worst case scenario, fixing it myself.
    Well, BMW was forced to see if their part failed, and it did. No pistons or rods were needed, I got the new valve springs and the motor was never "blown." I think Robert should probably be concentrating on his own motor rather than trying to dig up a common warranty repair for M3's from 2009.

This is what he tells people in order to get them to share information:

There's nothing to be gained by me telling anybody about your troubles; I don't take pleasure in anybody else's troubles. I'm not happy however that those G-Power guys swore me to (public) secrecy -- when that is an issue that affects all of them -- future customers and all.
    Let it go already. First you tried to say it was Gintani who messed it up, now going back to this, are you serious? Dude, you $#@!ed up YOUR motor and have to pay AutoTalent to keep quiet about it while rebuilding it.

Seriously, why do you keep bringing me up? A guy asks a question about superchargers and you bring up a bent valve when I was NA out of the blue to just try and talk smack like some girl:

I don't want to seem like an a$$ here, but I too am interested in facts since I'm in the market for an SC. Can you share with us the facts behind what happened to Sticky's motor?
    That was the question asked. What happened to my motor with SC. Nothing happened, the motor is fine. I'm taking it to the next level, building the trans, building the motor, and when it is done there isn't going to be any more talking as I'm going hunting and the only thing going to be blown is the competition, as in blown away.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    PG is 50 years old, he needs to get something better to do in his spare time

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by unfor Click here to enlarge
    PG is 50 years old, he needs to get something better to do in his spare time
    The guy is madly in love with me, madly. Someone can ask a question about tires and he will all of a sudden go off on some tangent about me. I think he dreams about me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    So what exactly happened? I mean you were driving 1 day and "boom" the valves screwed up? I would love to hear the story.

Do you have any pictures from this? What the motor looked like?

You say that BMW part failed? Do you think that the motors have a "weak link" or a fault (maybe like the e46 rod bearing recall)? Or could have been somewhat due to tuning?

Not here for the drama but these are all that came to mind when reading that a e92 m3 that just came out had engine issues.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The guy is madly in love with me, madly. Someone can ask a question about tires and he will all of a sudden go off on some tangent about me. I think he dreams about me.
    Love hate relationship... Denial is the first sign sticky.

lets stay on topic Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 05m3smg Click here to enlarge
    So what exactly happened? I mean you were driving 1 day and "boom" the valves screwed up? I would love to hear the story.
    Yes, basically that is exactly what happened. Just a sudden loss of power and a loud rattling noise. I thought I had the idle valve issue at first.

Pics? BMW doesn't allow people to take pics of faulty parts, they send them straight to Germany.

You say that BMW part failed? Do you think that the motors have a "weak link" or a fault (maybe like the e46 rod bearing recall)? Or could have been somewhat due to tuning?
    Yes, similar to the E46 S54 bearing recall but not as pronounced. You can search m3post for valve spring failure and see what comes up Click here to enlarge It happened when a bad batch of springs went out in early cars, and my car was an early DCT car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why don't you post up documentation and it will be the end of the conversation.
    Did you bend the valve or the valves spring. I know of two cases of bent valves due to faulty springs locally.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Not here for the drama but these are all that came to mind when reading that a e92 m3 that just came out had engine issues.
    I wouldn't worry about it. My dad has a 04 Corvette Z06. My friend has a 03 Corvette Z06. They both drive equally hard. My friend has had 3 valve springs replaced under warranty, and one dropped while I was driving, and I DID NOT drive it abnormally (over rev, bounce rev limiter, etc.).

My dad has not had any springs break and he puts the same amount of miles on the car.

Bad batches of parts happen, the world isn't perfect, and it isn't the engineers' fault. I'm glad BMW covered the defective part for Sticky.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    this guy needs to step away from the computer sometimes...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by George Smooth Click here to enlarge
    Why don't you post up documentation and it will be the end of the conversation.
    Did you bend the valve or the valves spring. I know of two cases of bent valves due to faulty springs locally.
    Why doesn't he actually show what is going on with his motor now?

Bent a valve when a spring gave way.

Yes, bent valves were fairly common.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    I wouldn't worry about it. My dad has a 04 Corvette Z06. My friend has a 03 Corvette Z06. They both drive equally hard. My friend has had 3 valve springs replaced under warranty, and one dropped while I was driving, and I DID NOT drive it abnormally (over rev, bounce rev limiter, etc.).

My dad has not had any springs break and he puts the same amount of miles on the car.

Bad batches of parts happen, the world isn't perfect, and it isn't the engineers' fault. I'm glad BMW covered the defective part for Sticky.
    Are broken valve springs blowing a motor?

No.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Why doesn't he actually show what is going on with his motor now?

Bent a valve when a spring gave way.

Yes, bent valves were fairly common.
    Is he on this forum?

Post up ur documentation and challange to see his. Be the bigger man sticky
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yea Sticky,
    I agree.
    Time to man up or shutup.
    Post your documentation and own him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is he on this forum?

Post up ur documentation and challange to see his. Be the bigger man sticky
    He's scared to post here, he asked to be banned actually.

This doesn't even have anything to do with a supercharger which is what the question was but fine. I have to now work pointlessly as he has already tried to cover up his motor and what AutoTalent is doing. You don't get that he is trying to throw out whatever he can to take the focus off himself.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is where u post the Kryptonite and cripple the b!tch.... Do it . U will get the attention off of u...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Are broken valve springs blowing a motor?

No.
    ? I never said it was. I was just trying to explain that just because something happens to one motor, or really, a percentage of motors, doesn't mean all of them are horribly engineered and defective. Maybe the material provider was stretching the truth about the strength of the material?

And yeah, PG is one of those people that spews bull$#@! without knowing what he is talking about...... OR, he creates his own false reality because he is in denial of the truth, but to him, he honestly thinks he is right.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    This is where u post the Kryptonite and cripple the b!tch.... Do it . U will get the attention off of u...
    Great dude, I now have to pointlessly go search through file cabinets trying to find where I put this to prove something that doesn't even have anything to do with SC's or my SC when the person asking it isn't even worth the effort?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SlicktopTTZ Click here to enlarge
    ? I never said it was. I was just trying to explain that just because something happens to one motor, or really, a percentage of motors, doesn't mean all of them are horribly engineered and defective. Maybe the material provider was stretching the truth about the strength of the material?

And yeah, PG is one of those people that spews bull$#@! without knowing what he is talking about...... OR, he creates his own false reality because he is in denial of the truth, but to him, he honestly thinks he is right.
    Heh, I know, I wasn't saying you said it was. I'm asking how can someone claim a broken valve spring is a blown motor, as in, him.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Great dude, I now have to pointlessly go search through file cabinets trying to find where I put this to prove something that doesn't even have anything to do with SC's or my SC when the person asking it isn't even worth the effort?
    It will be for the greater good. And you are the 1 that volunteered yourself for the task. So now you must deliver the goods Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    It will be for the greater good. And you are the 1 that volunteered yourself for the task. So now you must deliver the goods Click here to enlarge
    Yes but you can't expect to hold someone else to the same standard I am holding myself to. So saying challenge to see his will get nowhere.

The fact that a blower went on right after it was finished and no rods and pistons were needed should tell everyone everything already but no prob, let me find the repair documentation.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    645 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Ridiculous.. What a jerk PG is...

Completely unrelated: Those new piston rings and rod bearings you ordered from us just came in. Should we ship them to the same address as last time?

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge

Completely unrelated: Those new piston rings and rod bearings you ordered from us just came in. Should we ship them to the same address as last time?
    Very funny Click here to enlarge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge
    Hahaha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Click here to enlarge
    lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    where is the documentation?
    Click here to enlarge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast