Close

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1
    Rep Points
    2.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No

    JB3 for 2011 740i ?

    Hello, I am new to this forum also my first bmw. Does anyone know if JB3 is compatible for our 2011 740i? Since they have the same N54 engine but not sure if the ECU is little different or the same.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Gonna need the man himself to answer that one.........

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Terry will chime in but on paper should work.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,082
    Rep Points
    9,059.6
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    The ECU is different. Nothing yet, but one of our dealers is working on a new harness. So in the future. Click here to enlarge

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    The ECU is different. Nothing yet, but one of our dealers is working on a new harness. So in the future. Click here to enlarge
    This means even JB+ ?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    372.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    This means even JB+ ?
    Maybe this will happen with the JB4?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,082
    Rep Points
    9,059.6
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    I haven't looked at JB+ system on them yet. If someone wants to take a photo of the sensor we can at least verify if that is similar.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    I didnt know the 740 came with N54. Veddyy naaiisee.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    13,468
    Rep Points
    58.0
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    I didnt know the 740 came with N54. Veddyy naaiisee.
    wouldnt it need a bit more uumph. to get all that weight going on such a heavy car..?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    wouldnt it need a bit more uumph. to get all that weight going on such a heavy car..?
    6 cylindesr have been popular in 7's for some time especially in Europe. Europeans don't mind the smaller motors, thet demand them. The US didn't really get them until recently to maintain an image hierarchy but that is changing as it is all about gas mileage and efficiency now. With the turbo torque it moves the mass nicely, more than enough for most people.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    I haven't looked at JB+ system on them yet. If someone wants to take a photo of the sensor we can at least verify if that is similar.
    What about his question regarding the JB4?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    8,082
    Rep Points
    9,059.6
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    91


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    What about his question regarding the JB4?
    If we add JB3 support for it we'll add support to the new board as well. The problem at the moment is the wiring harness not the board.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,080
    Rep Points
    1,142.0
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    12


    Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if it would have the same connector as our cars do for a JB+....

    None around here, so no idea.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    372.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    6 cylindesr have been popular in 7's for some time especially in Europe. Europeans don't mind the smaller motors, thet demand them. The US didn't really get them until recently to maintain an image hierarchy but that is changing as it is all about gas mileage and efficiency now. With the turbo torque it moves the mass nicely, more than enough for most people.
    I agree with sticky. What would u rather have an 8 cyclinder or bigger that sucks all ur gas all day everyday, or a 6 cylinder twin turbo that be modded to get the same power out of the 8 or 10 and save more gas?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    I agree with sticky. What would u rather have an 8 cyclinder or bigger that sucks all ur gas all day everyday, or a 6 cylinder twin turbo that be modded to get the same power out of the 8 or 10 and save more gas?
    umm i dunno about saving gas with a TT I6... lol
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    umm i dunno about saving gas with a TT I6... lol
    Vs. a larger naturally aspirated V8, definitely. Especially with direct injection and high compression for a turbo motor that is designed to run as lean as possible like the N54.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    292
    Rep Points
    372.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    4


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    umm i dunno about saving gas with a TT I6... lol
    No one says you have to hit full boost every time. Also with some bolt ons and a JB3 you can get comparable power with less of the weight and the option to run map 0 for those gas saving days Click here to enlarge

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,616
    Rep Points
    3,236.6
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    33


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by justohigh Click here to enlarge
    No one says you have to hit full boost every time. Also with some bolt ons and a JB3 you can get comparable power with less of the weight and the option to run map 0 for those gas saving days Click here to enlarge
    The same can be said for a V8. You can keep it under 1700 RPM and get decent mileage. Thats comparable to "staying out of boost". This is all in the details. But if you have two engines, one boosted and one NA. As long as they are moving the same mass flow rate of air and are of comparable efficiencies than they will get the same gas mileage. It all depends on the driver, and I can tell you this. A TT I6 is very hard to get good gas mileage because it moves so much air mass at such low RPM, the same cannot be said for a high revving V8. Although it does heavily depend on the driver.
    Some people live long, meaningful lives.

    Other people eat shit and die.

    I'm not racist, I hate everybody equally; especially fat people.


    Click here to enlarge

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,877.5
    Mentioned
    2092 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DBFIU Click here to enlarge
    The same can be said for a V8. You can keep it under 1700 RPM and get decent mileage. Thats comparable to "staying out of boost".
    Not really, my V8 won't get anywhere near the mileage of the N54 even 1700 rpm and under with a 7th gear. The air fuel ratios between the DI motor and the NA non-DI motor are different.

    Why does the high revving V8 get such worse mileage than the N54?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •