Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

EZ Flash -- Questions and where to buy?

I have a couple questions about the EZ Flash and have tried calling OE Tuning, but simply get their voice mail.

1. Have they resolved the "locked ECU" issue, meaning, can the EZ Flash read the DME out of ECUs that have BMW's latest software?

2. Will the EZ Flash read whatever tune is in the particular ECU (i.e. I am supercharged and would love to have a copy of my DME saved on my laptop so that I can easily reload it in case the dealer ever over-writes my DME).

If the answers to the above are "YES", then where can I buy an EZ Flash from?

Thanks in advance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    1. Have they resolved the "locked ECU" issue, meaning, can the EZ Flash read the DME out of ECUs that have BMW's latest software?
    Yes, OE/Gintani were the first I believe to resolve this issue

2. Will the EZ Flash read whatever tune is in the particular ECU (i.e. I am supercharged and would love to have a copy of my DME saved on my laptop so that I can easily reload it in case the dealer ever over-writes my DME).
    Yes, this is the main function of the EZ Flash

You can contact Gintani or OE, doesnt matter links are in my signature Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Yes they have, they were the first to do so actually.

Yes, you can load files on from your laptop just by dragging and dropping Click here to enlarge E-mail jeremy@oetuning.com , you will get a response much faster that way.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks. I've sent Jeremy and email.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Thanks. I've sent Jeremy and email.
    Let us know how it goes as well as when you get your response. I want to make sure our vendors have nothing but the best customer service.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

oetuning.com
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell is jon@oetuning?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell is jon@oetuning?
    Some dude.. Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Some dude.. Click here to enlarge
    You?

Hmmm....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. As I feared, the EZ Flash does not defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software yet. Rather, you have to ship your ECU away to get it unlocked, then the EZ Flash will work. If and when OE releases an EZ Flash that can, on its own, defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software, then I'll definitately pick one up. Until then, it doesn't solve my issue as I am looking for a solution that does not require me to ship my ECU in the event the dealer updates my software.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies. As I feared, the EZ Flash does not defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software yet. Rather, you have to ship your ECU away to get it unlocked, then the EZ Flash will work. If and when OE releases an EZ Flash that can, on its own, defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software, then I'll definitately pick one up. Until then, it doesn't solve my issue as I am looking for a solution that does not require me to ship my ECU in the event the dealer updates my software.
    I do not believe that will ever be possible. It has to be defeated in the ecu.

The only other options is to revert the ECU to a version before the anti-tuning but then you don't get the updates you want from the dealer.

Shipping the ecu really isn't that big of a deal and no other tuner has demonstrated the ability in public to defeat the anti-tuning feature as OE Tuning can.

You also can tell your dealer not to upgrade your software without your consent.