Close

Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    6.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No

    EZ Flash -- Questions and where to buy?

    I have a couple questions about the EZ Flash and have tried calling OE Tuning, but simply get their voice mail.

    1. Have they resolved the "locked ECU" issue, meaning, can the EZ Flash read the DME out of ECUs that have BMW's latest software?

    2. Will the EZ Flash read whatever tune is in the particular ECU (i.e. I am supercharged and would love to have a copy of my DME saved on my laptop so that I can easily reload it in case the dealer ever over-writes my DME).

    If the answers to the above are "YES", then where can I buy an EZ Flash from?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    157
    Rep Points
    88.0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    1. Have they resolved the "locked ECU" issue, meaning, can the EZ Flash read the DME out of ECUs that have BMW's latest software?
    Yes, OE/Gintani were the first I believe to resolve this issue

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    2. Will the EZ Flash read whatever tune is in the particular ECU (i.e. I am supercharged and would love to have a copy of my DME saved on my laptop so that I can easily reload it in case the dealer ever over-writes my DME).
    Yes, this is the main function of the EZ Flash

    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    If the answers to the above are "YES", then where can I buy an EZ Flash from?
    You can contact Gintani or OE, doesnt matter links are in my signature Click here to enlarge

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    1. Have they resolved the "locked ECU" issue, meaning, can the EZ Flash read the DME out of ECUs that have BMW's latest software?
    Yes they have, they were the first to do so actually.
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    2. Will the EZ Flash read whatever tune is in the particular ECU (i.e. I am supercharged and would love to have a copy of my DME saved on my laptop so that I can easily reload it in case the dealer ever over-writes my DME).

    If the answers to the above are "YES", then where can I buy an EZ Flash from?
    Yes, you can load files on from your laptop just by dragging and dropping Click here to enlarge E-mail jeremy@oetuning.com , you will get a response much faster that way.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    6.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks. I've sent Jeremy and email.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    Thanks. I've sent Jeremy and email.
    Let us know how it goes as well as when you get your response. I want to make sure our vendors have nothing but the best customer service.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Taiwan
    Posts
    569
    Rep Points
    432.9
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Reputation: Yes | No
    oetuning.com
    Current: 964 WB, 993, Panamera Turbo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell is jon@oetuning?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    818
    Posts
    521
    Rep Points
    549.2
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    6


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who the hell is jon@oetuning?
    Some dude.. Click here to enlarge

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by JonMartin Click here to enlarge
    Some dude.. Click here to enlarge
    You?

    Hmmm....
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    6
    Rep Points
    6.4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0



    Reputation: Yes | No
    Thanks for the replies. As I feared, the EZ Flash does not defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software yet. Rather, you have to ship your ECU away to get it unlocked, then the EZ Flash will work. If and when OE releases an EZ Flash that can, on its own, defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software, then I'll definitately pick one up. Until then, it doesn't solve my issue as I am looking for a solution that does not require me to ship my ECU in the event the dealer updates my software.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    117,125
    Rep Points
    31,300.6
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    314


    Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPMan Click here to enlarge
    Thanks for the replies. As I feared, the EZ Flash does not defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software yet. Rather, you have to ship your ECU away to get it unlocked, then the EZ Flash will work. If and when OE releases an EZ Flash that can, on its own, defeat the anti-tuning features of BMW's software, then I'll definitately pick one up. Until then, it doesn't solve my issue as I am looking for a solution that does not require me to ship my ECU in the event the dealer updates my software.
    I do not believe that will ever be possible. It has to be defeated in the ecu.

    The only other options is to revert the ECU to a version before the anti-tuning but then you don't get the updates you want from the dealer.

    Shipping the ecu really isn't that big of a deal and no other tuner has demonstrated the ability in public to defeat the anti-tuning feature as OE Tuning can.

    You also can tell your dealer not to upgrade your software without your consent.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •