Close

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I've been calling it for 3+ years now, 800+ hp the N54 is capable of before something breaks
    At those already high cylinder pressures you just lose the margin for error if something goes awry even if only for a split second. I've seen a couple N54s let go at only ~500rw for no good reason during very long pulls. But normally when something breaks there is a specific reason like it's lean, over advanced, over revved, etc. It seems reducing the exhaust back pressure with these higher flowing turbo kits is making the tuning a lot more forgiving. It will take some time to sort out how reliable the short blocks are at these higher power levels though. The good news is forged pistons are available now.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by M3_WC Click here to enlarge
    You have a built motor you have already been playing with?
    I would hope that every even halfway intelligent tuner on this platform that is pushing the limits, has at least 1 motor on standby; preferably already partially taken apart...
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Terry@BMS Click here to enlarge
    At those already high cylinder pressures you just lose the margin for error if something goes awry even if only for a split second. I've seen a couple N54s let go at only ~500rw for no good reason during very long pulls. But normally when something breaks there is a specific reason like it's lean, over advanced, over revved, etc. It seems reducing the exhaust back pressure with these higher flowing turbo kits is making the tuning a lot more forgiving. It will take some time to sort out how reliable the short blocks are at these higher power levels though. The good news is forged pistons are available now.
    ^^ This.

Lots of people assume the 'limit' is an on/off switch. We might be past the limit already, we just don't know until there's a lot of cars out there.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    I would hope that every even halfway intelligent tuner on this platform that is pushing the limits, has at least 1 motor on standby; preferably already partially taken apart...
    I hope that we can start doing N54 shortblocks Click here to enlarge Because it'd be nice to drop cash on one and just have it done.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    I hope that we can start doing N54 shortblocks Click here to enlarge Because it'd be nice to drop cash on one and just have it done.
    Well, to be 100% honest... I think all you would need at first would be a solid set of pistons and rods. I doubt anyone would sleeve a block or put a built crank on... I doubt the head would get built either... especially at first, but I could be wrong.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)

So, what did you hit?
    Click here to enlarge
    Join the largest N5X Enthusiasts Group! 2100+ Members Strong!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/n5xenthusiasts/

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by klipseracer Click here to enlarge
    So, what did you hit?
    +1 the wait is killing me. hahah
    Click here to enlarge < Click picture for photoshoot
    E90 335i xDrive 6spd, Nav, Prem, Cold Weather, & Sports package - Msport Conversion
    Mods: JB4 + MHD, Doc Race ST, Pure 6266, AD-Eng PI/Mounts, Fuel-It st. 3, Custom Exhaust, Tuned by TwistedTuning
    More Pictures: Build Thread /// Dyno Soon to Come

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Well, to be 100% honest... I think all you would need at first would be a solid set of pistons and rods. I doubt anyone would sleeve a block or put a built crank on... I doubt the head would get built either... especially at first, but I could be wrong.
    I meant for doing that work (and the block skirt). Block skirts aren't hard to do, and I doubt the limitation at this point would be the block itself, it's going to be the pistons and the piston ringlands. Pistons already exist for this platform. VAC has a built head option already.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Glad you found something wrong. But you're gonna need more than that for what I have in my back pocket. Push it. And push it hard!
    ahhh you worked out a way to not use meth and get hese numbers? Now THAT would be news.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    ahhh you worked out a way to not use meth and get hese numbers? Now THAT would be news.
    Rumor has it he copied Tony's pump. Why else would he be releasing all these numbers all of a sudden? Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Like said above, you can already buy modified heads, and others (dzenno) have done their own - i plan on doing mine, i'd also like some block guards JUST IN CASE personally haha

gettt the crank balanced/maybe knife edged if you're keen is realistcally all you'd need to make sure it'd never be a problem, and that just gets done with the new rods/pistons

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rumor has it he copied Tony's pump. Why else would he be releasing all these numbers all of a sudden? Click here to enlarge
    would be interesting to see... Kinda hope not lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Flinchy Click here to enlarge
    would be interesting to see... Kinda hope not lol
    But it doesn't really make sense if that were the case, how could Shiv copy Tony's design if Tony hasn't released info about how he does his upgrades? If anything, I think Shiv is onto something else, his numbers on 91 were put down with only the inline booster pump, and the stock, unmodified hpfp., no meth.

I don't know $&/@ I'm just speculating hardcore, just like everyone else

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Dmacc Click here to enlarge
    But it doesn't really make sense if that were the case, how could Shiv copy Tony's design if Tony hasn't released info about how he does his upgrades? If anything, I think Shiv is onto something else, his numbers on 91 were put down with only the inline booster pump, and the stock, unmodified hpfp., no meth
    And.. They were pretty low numbers?

i haven't seen a high dyno from him on 91 no meth.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

But it doesn't really make sense if that were the case, how could Shiv copy Tony's design if Tony hasn't released info about how he does his upgrades? If anything, I think Shiv is onto something else, his numbers on 91 were put down with only the inline booster pump, and the stock, unmodified hpfp., no meth.

I can assure you, he figured out one of the things I am modifying. I was plainly posting it on the forums in hopes he would be smart enough to figure out which he was, It wasn't much fun just running away with things when you "super smart" competition cant figure out how to get enough fuel to keep up.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I dont buy 800... i dont think the block would handle that but I would believe 725-730 for today. Although someone has to finally build a motor lol...
    i mean, do i win anything or do i win anything?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

4 out of 5 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    now Shiv is eluding to sandbagging his numbers, what a clown. Just post the numbers and hope your product speaks for itself. Man I am happy I got rid of that misfiring, radiator fan killing tune.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I will say I'm super jealous sitting on the sidelines. It's going to take at least a couple months to get the 135i motor built up and then even after that we need to sort out the trans issues. Maybe we'll throw the VT3s on our E92 manual to start just so I can have some fun. That flat power band from 5500rpm-7000rpm should be good for mid 10s.
    Do that. No need to do the 6AT build and re-build song and dance. 6MT FTW
    Change is constant

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    638 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by The Ghost Click here to enlarge
    Do that. No need to do the 6AT build and re-build song and dance. 6MT FTW
    It is awfully tempting. I guess I just need to buy a set for both cars. Click here to enlarge
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BuraQ Click here to enlarge
    I've been calling it for 3+ years now, 800+ hp the N54 is capable of before something breaks
    There's a reason it's stopping here. Even this is pushing it.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    ^^ This.

Lots of people assume the 'limit' is an on/off switch. We might be past the limit already, we just don't know until there's a lot of cars out there.
    Exactly.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

It's not like only one person in the automotive world is likely to think of what to do with the pump.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

It is awfully tempting. I guess I just need to buy a set for both cars. Click here to enlarge
    This! ^
    Kees on M5 Board is my bitch....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Stock block stock bottom end stock head

indeed.

it would be INTERESTING to see the breaking point... But anyone wanting to crack 800hp+ should simply go for a built setup straight up.. 725hp for the price for someone who only wants that? Fine. Be happy with that and no more Haha

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And we know this for sure??? Sounds like speculation for both sides of that argument...

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast