Close

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    338
    Rep Points
    442.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5


    Yes Reputation No

    O2 sensor protector

    Here is a O2 sensor protecor for highly tunded engines. It is used in applications that the normally will reduce the sensor life a lot like in two-stroke engines or when running race fuel etc. Protectors are available from Koso and Innovate.

    The second pic shows the price for running too much ignition advance. It's a small two stroker I have but the outcome will be the same for any engine when this happens.

    Click here to enlargeClick here to enlarge

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    72
    Rep Points
    83.3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Neat.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Rep Points
    29.9
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0


    Yes Reputation No
    Interesting, cool idea for two strokes for sure. Do our oxygen sensors fail? I havent seen it

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    So this is just a general application?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    338
    Rep Points
    442.7
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    5



    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by datsunpilot Click here to enlarge
    Interesting, cool idea for two strokes for sure. Do our oxygen sensors fail? I havent seen it
    The adapter solution to reduce the thermal stress on the sensor applies for any engine. It may be useful for high power N54 engines. I'm just in the 400 whp domain... I've had one primary sensor fail, which should be random.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    If you're running leaded pump gas (basically anything non-Ethanol based above 105 octane), you'll kill your o2s
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    I don't see a need with ethanol available to run leaded gas in this car.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I don't see a need with ethanol available to run leaded gas in this car.
    That's if people want to spend the money upgrading their fuel system. You can run Q16 on a nearly OEM fuel system & get the same results.


    To each's own.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's if people want to spend the money upgrading their fuel system. You can run Q16 on a nearly OEM fuel system & get the same results.


    To each's own.
    But the stock fuel system seems to be able to supply a good amount of ethanol no?

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    But the stock fuel system seems to be able to supply a good amount of ethanol no?
    Depends on the platform, but generally no. OEM fuel systems def won't support 100% E85, but the N54 can get ~40% ethanol before you max trims. No idea about the E9x M3 OEM system tho.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Depends on the platform, but generally no. OEM fuel systems def won't support 100% E85, but the N54 can get ~40% ethanol before you max trims. No idea about the E9x M3 OEM system tho.
    I guess I'm maybe confused here but I thought Tony was saying he could run E85 with the HPFP upgrade?

    I guess that would not be OEM though so I should have specified regarding stock fuel system with upgraded pump.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,202
    Rep Points
    1,800.6
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    19


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I guess I'm maybe confused here but I thought Tony was saying he could run E85 with the HPFP upgrade?

    I guess that would not be OEM though so I should have specified regarding stock fuel system with upgraded pump.
    Yea, he's running his modified HPFP & two LPFPs (I forget if it's 1 Walbro + the OEM pump or 2 Walbros in tank), so the fueling system is way beyond the factory capability
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump


    "The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    118,891
    Rep Points
    31,838.9
    Mentioned
    2090 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    319


    Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Yea, he's running his modified HPFP & two LPFPs (I forget if it's 1 Walbro + the OEM pump or 2 Walbros in tank), so the fueling system is way beyond the factory capability
    Two LPFP's too eh? Interesting. Hoping we get more details on that whole upgrade.

    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •