Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No

ess charger - only 3-4psi boost

Hi guys this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have a 06 m6 with a ess vt650 kit. When he kit was fitted
    my car put down 550rwhp (the uk dynos usually rear 10% lower than the us) and my car had evolve headers, race cats, x pipe and eisenmann backboxes.

Since being on the dyno i have changed the recirc to a tial bov with the supercharger spring and changed the exhaust system to IPE which has an x pipe but is straight through to the backboxes from the headers, so i still have the evolve headers. I have not had the car on the dyno since.

There does not seem to be any boost leaks but when i hooked up a boost gauge the car was only make 3-4psi boost when it should be making 7psi. Anyone know why the car is not running the 7psi boost ess state the kit runs?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rickg Click here to enlarge
    Hi guys this is my first post so please be gentle.

I have a 06 m6 with a ess vt650 kit. When he kit was fitted
    my car put down 550rwhp (the uk dynos usually rear 10% lower than the us) and my car had evolve headers, race cats, x pipe and eisenmann backboxes.

Since being on the dyno i have changed the recirc to a tial bov with the supercharger spring and changed the exhaust system to IPE which has an x pipe but is straight through to the backboxes from the headers, so i still have the evolve headers. I have not had the car on the dyno since.

There does not seem to be any boost leaks but when i hooked up a boost gauge the car was only make 3-4psi boost when it should be making 7psi. Anyone know why the car is not running the 7psi boost ess state the kit runs?

If you're not making boost it has to be a boost leak or the wrong sized pulley.

Also, ESS quotes 7 psi probably through the stock exhaust. Did you get a boost readout when you put down 550 rwhp?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    If you're not making boost it has to be a boost leak or the wrong sized pulley.

Also, ESS quotes 7 psi probably through the stock exhaust. Did you get a boost readout when you put down 550 rwhp?
    Hi bud i did not get a boost read out, all i got was a dyno stating flywheel and engine power/torque. My tuner was willing to send ess a data log but they said it is not required at the time of installation :s

Ess do state 7psi from the stock exhaust/headers, all i have fitted since my installation was the vta bov and exhaust which ess claim does not need a retune. I will double check the pulley size tomorrow and vacuum at idle.

This is such a headache!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2112 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by rickg Click here to enlarge
    Hi bud i did not get a boost read out, all i got was a dyno stating flywheel and engine power/torque. My tuner was willing to send ess a data log but they said it is not required at the time of installation :s

Ess do state 7psi from the stock exhaust/headers, all i have fitted since my installation was the vta bov and exhaust which ess claim does not need a retune. I will double check the pulley size tomorrow and vacuum at idle.

This is such a headache!
    I'm not surprised ESS is not more helpful. I would recommend getting another dyno and if you are still at the same power then you have always been at this boost level.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale