Close

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    FWIW... shiv just put the single dyno up and made 610 on 91... not bad

Impressive curve... thing is when you don't trust someone you just can't believe him without more data... hell how do we know it's even 91 only and he is not just doing it to shut everyone up
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

FWIW... shiv just put the single dyno up and made 610 on 91... not bad
    With no meth? Because if its with meth, thats easy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    It has yet to be determined the motor will last at this level (which I doubt) and that these are not glory pulls. Motors have popped at lower power levels.
    this is true but seeing these power levels with current tuning options on stock motors is promising to say the least. motors will start getting built
    - Proven Power Tampa built 6466 ST -
    - N54 6AT WR 711whp 637wtq-
    -N54 WR 1/4mile trap: 133.57mph- -

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    With no meth? Because if its with meth, thats easy.
    that;s what he says, no meth, 91 only. what do you think?
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    600whp with no meth at 20-21psi on a 6466 is very believable to me flame me if you want but we are hoping for close to that on considerably less boost on e85 on my 6466

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

It has yet to be determined the motor will last at this level (which I doubt) and that these are not glory pulls. Motors have popped at lower power levels.
    We did 7 or 8 back to back pulls above 670 some with meth some without. Car didnt miss a beat. Its def repeatable. D snuck up on it pretty good. Being safe about it

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    so, what was he waiting for? shiv doesnt hold back for no reason.. something is fishy.. hes never told the truth before, no reason to start now

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge

Don't buy it for a second. The first thing Shiv does when he breaks a record (which this would be one for 91oct) is post it all over the other forum. In this case he didn't. I don't trust a single dyno he does unless it's videoed or there is an unbiased 3rd party there to witness the meth was off.

Frankly I think 600 on 91oct is more impressive than his 700 figure.
    Last edited by stangorang; 04-17-2013 at 08:03 PM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Ak335i Click here to enlarge
    this is true but seeing these power levels with current tuning options on stock motors is promising to say the least. motors will start getting built
    They'll start getting built definitely but I hope people aren't seriously thinking they are driving around at 700 whp all day like it's just perfectly fine and dandy.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    We did 7 or 8 back to back pulls above 670 some with meth some without. Car didnt miss a beat. Its def repeatable. D snuck up on it pretty good. Being safe about it
    Tony, pulls on a dynojet aren't the same thing as load on the street and thousands of miles.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so, what was he waiting for? shiv doesnt hold back for no reason.. something is fishy.. hes never told the truth before, no reason to start now
    The timing is suspect. Where was this all along? We just chalk it up to complacency?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by stangorang Click here to enlarge
    Don't buy it for a second. The first thing Shiv does when he breaks a record (which this would be one for 91oct) is post it all over the other forum. In this case he didn't. I don't trust a single dyno he does unless it's videoed or there is an unbiased 3rd party there to witness the meth was off.

Frankly I think 600 on 91oct is more impressive than his 700 figure.
    Agreed. plus I just don;t like the timing, it's like he seriously pulled up from his ass just to give us the finger. But hey what do you think is going to happen over there? most people will believe, win for him.

I'm itching to post something there but I just don;t want to get banned... Regionals and classifieds are important for me Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I so want to believe... this is like 625 whp on 93... and assume over that on E85 with the hpfo upgrade... it's so hard to believe.
    2007 335i (100% stock with mods)

N54 is not a German 2JZ lol

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Tony, pulls on a dynojet aren't the same thing as load on the street and thousands of miles.
    We got 5000 on the car at basically 600+ its doing pretty good. The levels are here now, we will see. I do not think they will last forever. But they are stout litle Nazi motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

The timing is suspect. Where was this all along? We just chalk it up to complacency?
    I am 99% sure I know what happened and he is not saying anything. The place I have a lot of my fabrication stuff done, he built the stage 3 manifolds, helped me with the HPFP, I actually figured it out when I was over at his shop. Come to find out there are a couple guys who have been around who are in with the FFTEC guys since we are what 5 miles from each other and its a small performance world. I am 99% sure he figured out what I am doing to the HPFP system and just copied it. This opened up a whole new world to him now that he has fuel. He had his hands tied before, now he doesn't so of course he is going to say he could do this all along he just didn't want to, yada, yada. I could be wrong but the only thing holding him back was fuel even though he wont admit it. His turbos will make the same air as any other turbo and I have said it before the hardware is solid. Give this car the fuel it needs and it makes power without meth on 91. We planned on going back and finalizing our 91 tune as well. Figured we would easily get over 600 with it. This is all speculation, but the only thing that has changed is we figured out how to get fuel, and now suddenly he has too. I was hoping it would take him longer then this.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    633 Post(s)

I so want to believe... this is like 625 whp on 93... and assume over that on E85 with the hpfo upgrade... it's so hard to believe.
    Yeah and do a run to 150mph with it on 91 octane fuel and take a tow ride home. No reason to shoot for those power levels on 91 octane with a higher CR cast piston. Maybe with lower CR forged pistons it would be a bit more reasonable. Just my buck and a quarter on it and that applies to both camps.

Also on the FFTEC charts, they are being formatted in such a way to give the false impression of a broader power band. From the perspective of an automatic transmission spool up at 4200rpm is simply going to be a dog on the street. Would be interested in seeing an overlay with a similarly tuned 58mm turbo to evaluate the spool up differences. I'm sure their customers who already own the 58mm would be interested in that as well.
    Last edited by Terry@BMS; 04-17-2013 at 09:03 PM.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, N63s, S55s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please see http://www.burgertuning.com/emissions_info.html for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ATP Click here to enlarge
    Good numbers for @CaptainInsano but he didn't even know why is car was at FFTEC. Guess I am curious to know if Shiv just basically uses CI's car as he pleases. If so, I wonder how much he will "care" for it as @VargasTurboTech pushes the limits and Shiv tries to keep up.
    Dude, I was being sarcastic Click here to enlarge I was responding a comment from skinrock about my signature getting updated immeditely as the thread was posted.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

0 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CaptainInsano Click here to enlarge
    Dude, I was being sarcastic Click here to enlarge I was responding a comment from skinrock about my signature getting updated immeditely as the thread was posted.
    So was your HPFP changed?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

The irony here is he reaps the benefits of the free publicity of everyone talking about him...
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sledgehammer Click here to enlarge
    The irony here is he reaps the benefits of the free publicity of everyone talking about him...
    Good point. +rep

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Nope.
    pt6466 FFTEC 335i
    gtx3076r FFTEC Evo IX

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

rep for all!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

It doesn't need to be changed, the better question is did you modify any of the HP fuel system(the answer is yes). The Stage 3 car has the same HPFP it has always had on it, with a few modifications to the parts I specified (that was my mistake.) Trust me, Shiv was not holding back all this time because he wanted too. I figured out how to get fuel. Now he has figured it out, because I was not shy about about talking about it cause as always I try to be transparent. I should have waited another 6 months to say anything to anyone. It would have been more fun...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

so why didnt he run 7XX hp at the shift sector and smoke fools then..? i guess they didnt REALLY want to win.. they wanted to stay close on some, and lose on others..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    320 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so why didnt he run 7XX hp at the shift sector and smoke fools then..? i guess they didnt REALLY want to win.. they wanted to stay close on some, and lose on others..
    I just told you why. The fuel system was holding them back, same as it always was. It is not now. When I figured it out I knew it was a serious game changer.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast