Close

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Yes, something did change, the turbo was upgraded to a newer one. It's essentially a new kit with updated maps.
    did the bigger turbo require better fueling?
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by zeel Click here to enlarge
    No customer 10s or 130+ traps for the vishnu st = no care.

I have a good feeling the vargas stg3 customers will not stop gathering data to just "enjoy their cars"
    I have a feeling there will be plenty of ST's in the 10's now that I opened it up for them. I think Captains car is pretty much his track car meaning, he prob has suspension and drivetrain sorted. With 700+ he should be able to hit sears point, reel off a 10 and drive home

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Agree but a few horsepower down, no 700hp & no new WORLD RECORD.
    Exactly. I tried to get that point across over there too and was instantly attacked. That is nuts. I've never said one bad thing about Shiv and yet I point out that Shiv posting a thread on hitting 700HP was not really about advancing the platform and was clearly a marketing exercise (and likely required 0-smoothing to make that happen) and I'm a "hater".

Perhaps my comment "there are lies, damn lies, and Vishnu marketing" was more accurate than I thought.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    apparently thats what no one can figure out
    Probably a stiffer HP relief valve and table changes to prevent a fault.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    What would be great is for the customer to sell the kit, then buy a Vargas; make an article out of it. Upgrading the Vishnu kit to a Vargas kit Click here to enlarge It'd be pretty funny.
    That's a lot of cash to throw around (especially when you could upgrade to more proven platform), just look at the bath SkinRock had to take with the resale value of his VFF600 kit
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    That's a lot of cash to throw around (especially when you could upgrade to more proven platform), just look at the bath SkinRock had to take with the resale value of his VFF600 kit
    I wasn't sure what the cost of a used VFF kit would be exactly; just assumed someone might get something out of it (maybe sell it after the vin unlock happens for the vishnu electronics). There'd be some recouped cost. In this case it's an upgrade. And it's less cash to throw around than what the initial 10 Stage 3 people are paying due to the recoup.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    After seeing what the Vargas offerings can do, cant see anybody buying it.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by blisstik Click here to enlarge
    Yes, something did change, the turbo was upgraded to a newer one. It's essentially a new kit with updated maps.
    A new turbo could impact the power curve, spool, and the power. Nothing wrong there.

But a new turbo can't provide fueling. So something else changed there...

So either his "updated BETA beta beta alpha beta limited testers beta BETA never-quite-get-around-to-finished-release-as-always" maps have been tweaked to magically supply way more fueling (something Dzenno even ran into issues with when using a flash) or he's got a hardware change more useful than the LPFP fiasco.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

3 out of 3 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Not good. Hopefully something easy to fix... Have a method to pressure test the system from turbo inlet to valves by chance? Are the down pipes easy to pull, or does the subframe have to be dropped? Compressor wheels still looking good? Spool definitely should be like lightning after even 15psi...

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Sered, I am right there with you buddy. I wont sugar coat it, right now the car is spooling like $#!. Something is wrong, we get 20 psi and it takes us 1000 more RPM to get 8 more. At 20 psi these turbo are spooled, any more boost should just be on tap and the boost curve should go almost straight up. I am not sure what is wrong as I have not taken the car apart yet, but it could be as simple as a leaking BOV, boost leak or plugged air filters etc. I will be trying to figure it out as this is a real head scratcher for me.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I saw a DIY once where a 3" or so PCV was used on one side of the FMIC coupler. The PCV had a nipple that attaches directly to the air compressor. Turn it up at whatever PSI and listen.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Rob@RBTurbo Click here to enlarge
    Not good. Hopefully something easy to fix... Have a method to pressure test the system from turbo inlet to valves by chance? Are the down pipes easy to pull, or does the subframe have to be dropped? Compressor wheels still looking good? Spool definitely should be like lightning after even 15psi...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    That would be SO hilarious. Cobb/PTF tuned FFTEC ST kit making bigger/more reliable power than when it was Procede tuned. FTMFW! haha

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by CannonFodder Click here to enlarge
    Let dzenno get his hands on it! Make more power with the ST kit they could!
    2011 335is DCT, JB4 + MHD BEF, stage 2 LPFP, e50 + 50/50 meth, FBO, MT ET Streets when needed

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I wonder if vacuum could be an issue. On the dyno you could put eyes on the WG to make sure they are closed. Bigger hole, same canisters, 100% WGDC may not equal a closed WG. Looking at the log you could potentially make some inferences... for example higher than expected WGDC after spool would allude to not enough available vacuum.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Don't you guys remember that Shiv said he was making 700whp on his car awhile back. I think it was before two Shift Sectors ago, when all the ST were going to "debut."

I guess he was lying then and only now was able to do it on a customer's car because his car has been out of commission all this time from a meth failure that led to an engine failure due to a lean condition.

Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Shiv forgot to include that he was the first to reach the 800 whp mark with the N54.

Must have used "Extremely Corrected" numbers to hit that mark.

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Sticky-- How's your car coming along? Will be be done in time for Shift-Sector? My car just put down 803whp on a Dynojet Click here to enlarge BTW, there will be 7 other single turbo N54s there at the event. It should be a great weekend. We can't wait to meet you Click here to enlarge
    Also, this was the event where they discovered 6AT STs wouldn't shift into 5th and there was nothing but problems. It was NOT a great weekend for the STs.

lawl Click here to enlarge
    2010 e92 M3 Jet Black | DCT | ESS Tuned | Akrapovic Slip-on | Challenge X-pipe | AFE Intake | 18" Volk TE37SL | KW V3 Coilovers | RPI Scoops | Under Drive Pulley

2007 e92 Mont. Blue 335i | 6MT | COBB Tuned | Quaife 3.46 LSD | Helix FMIC | AA DPs | HKS Exhaust | DCI | Stett CP w/ Forged DVs | KWv2 Coilovers | UUC Sway Bars & SSK | HPF Stg 2 Clutch | HFS-4 | M3 Suspension Bits | DEFIVfab Diff Lockdown Kit | Stoptech Trophy BBK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Now that should be posted on e90 for the shiv love in boys to defend!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu Click here to enlarge
    Sticky-- How's your car coming along? Will be be done in time for Shift-Sector? My car just put down 803whp on a Dynojet Click here to enlarge BTW, there will be 7 other single turbo N54s there at the event. It should be a great weekend. We can't wait to meet you Click here to enlarge

lol props to you finding that! Why didn't he post his result at 803whp? Engine must of blown after using 2 gallons of meth for the pull Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS DCI+VRSF DPs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Depleted the US reserves of Meth and had to wind it down!
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Q4P Click here to enlarge
    Gentlemen, we are in a different N54 world... a very serious one...

We have 600 whp cars on 91, numerous turbo upgrades, a true and apparent hpfp upgrade and an open source ecu flashing system on the way... do we see where this is headed? this will be a legendary motor
    N54 finally gets a couple turbo upgrades and you skip to legendary. Click here to enlarge

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    to be fair, how many engines on stock internals have managed to double the output power safely?
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Rob, I am swamped but the car is on the lift and will be gone over tonight. I can test the system I rigged up a nozzle and I just use the regulator hooked up to shop we use to adjust our boost operated wastegates to simulate 25 psi. I haven't done it yet. Getting a few others things out today and should have time. I 100% agree from 15 psi on the spool time should be near instantaneous. Right now from 15 psi to full bost is 1500 RPM...Click here to enlarge Something aint right. We will find it, fix it and get that curve looking a little better, before we pull the kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2109 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by treadlol Click here to enlarge
    http://bimmerboost.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu http://bimmerboost.com/images/button...post-right.png
    Sticky-- How's your car coming along? Will be be done in time for Shift-Sector? My car just put down 803whp on a Dynojet http://bimmerboost.com/images/smilies/icon/wink.gif BTW, there will be 7 other single turbo N54s there at the event. It should be a great weekend. We can't wait to meet you http://bimmerboost.com/images/smilies/icon/smile.gif

lol props to you finding that! Why didn't he post his result at 803whp? Engine must of blown after using 2 gallons of meth for the pull Click here to enlarge

It was just trolling.

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Figured. Maybe one day Shiv will actually tell the truth about his products and what your getting into. I have only heard the Vishnu ST rev lol the meth wasn't working at the time...I think the guy blew his motor but don't take my word for it Click here to enlarge
    JB4 G5 ISO+BMS DCI+VRSF DPs

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Rob, I am swamped but the car is on the lift and will be gone over tonight. I can test the system I rigged up a nozzle and I just use the regulator hooked up to shop we use to adjust our boost operated wastegates to simulate 25 psi. I haven't done it yet. Getting a few others things out today and should have time. I 100% agree from 15 psi on the spool time should be near instantaneous. Right now from 15 psi to full bost is 1500 RPM...Click here to enlarge Something aint right. We will find it, fix it and get that curve looking a little better, before we pull the kit.
    slow spool if not a vacuum line tear is likely a bad waste gate solenoid. kinda guessing they're working a bit harder keeping the flapper shut than the peashooter flapper in stock housing setups.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Exactly. I tried to get that point across over there too and was instantly attacked. That is nuts. I've never said one bad thing about Shiv and yet I point out that Shiv posting a thread on hitting 700HP was not really about advancing the platform and was clearly a marketing exercise (and likely required 0-smoothing to make that happen) and I'm a "hater".

Perhaps my comment "there are lies, damn lies, and Vishnu marketing" was more accurate than I thought.

-Rich
    Yep, You are not allowed to challenge the Sun God over there or the sycophants will try to eat you up, they usually fail, your posts will get deleted, you will get suspended (my 6 months was for a challenge on suspension requirements) or you get the death ban never to be heard again. I am on secret double probation for the death ban over there so I need to be kinder & gentler is expressing my opinions.

Happily this site exists.")
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by BEAR-AvHistory Click here to enlarge
    Yep, You are not allowed to challenge the Sun God over there or the sycophants will try to eat you up, they usually fail, your posts will get deleted, you will get suspended (my 6 months was for a challenge on suspension requirements) or you get the death ban never to be heard again. I am on secret double probation for the death ban over there so I need to be kinder & gentler is expressing my opinions.

Happily this site exists.")
    Gmail and its never ending identities comes in handy. We should all make up some new accounts and go have fun Click here to enlarge
    Click here to enlarge

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast