Close

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

The 1/4 mile may not be your cup of tea, I get it. That was not my point or other's in this thread.

The 1320' is as consistent a metric that we can use to compare the car to other makes/models, and turbo-kits within the same platform.

That is it. Nothing more, nothing less.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by SCGT Click here to enlarge
    People don't like putting it out there. Going to the track puts hard data to whatever you've been doing to your car/driving ability. It's easy to talk that your car has a billion horsepressures/cubicshiv, but going and showing it at the track is another story. Then you have those troubling little things like 60' times, trap speeds, etc.

It's not unique to modding cars. I compete in powerlifting. The gyms are full of people who tell me they pressed 500 weighing 180 lbs for 4 reps in highschool drug free. They're never there on the platform though. Easy to say. Hard to do.
    lol I wish my car had 800 cubicshiv!
    Click here to enlarge
    997.1 tt
    Kline 200cell exhaust
    997.2/GT2RS IC's
    Cobb E85 custom stage3 tune by Mitch
    ID1000 injectors
    Sachs stage 2.5 clutch

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Or at the very least trap speeds, by the way Shiv's 131mph does not line up with a 3300/3400lb car making 630whp either.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by xbox_fan Click here to enlarge
    lol I wish my car had 800 cubicshiv!
    well there is BHP Brake horse Power , WHP Wheel Horse Power , then there is ShivHP.

Know which i would prefer.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Findus Lasagna Horse Power - happy cattle Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    How the $#@! can anybody justify a sentence like that, and at the same time consider themselves a car enthusiast is something that I can't grasp. It has got to be a troll or somebody who has ingested so many bucket loads of Shiv's cum that they've become completely detached from reality. Or maybe Shiv is just a marketing genius. Somebody explain that to me?
    This might surprise you, but some people just enjoy modding cars for the sake of modding cars Click here to enlarge SO what if he decides to buy the Vishnu/FFTEC 6466 or Vargas Stage 3s, he's at least been open with his intentions and that he's not looking to set 1/4 mile records. This might be a surprise to you, but I bet a majority of the Single Turbos AND Vargas Stage 3s won't see excessive track time (1/4 mile, Auto-X, or whatever), but will be purchased by owners who are just looking for that extra rush which requires a turbo upgrade. Do you really think a majority of the super high-HP GTRs, Supras, Porches & Gallardo's all see regular track time or their owners get $#@! because they've upgraded and aren't chasing performance records? As much as I dislike Shiv & his business principles, you've raised your fan-boy flag with this post.

Here's the problem & why a lot of people (myself included) feel there is a problem with the ST:
    You have someone that's a dedicated track junkie, regularly posting 1/4 mile and 60-130 times, who then gets product X (the Vishnu ST in this case) and just cold turkey, stops posting performance results. There is no logical explanation why someone would go from being a performance data junkie, get a serious performance upgrade and then just stop posting new data.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Here's the problem & why a lot of people (myself included) feel there is a problem with the ST:
    You have someone that's a dedicated track junkie, regularly posting 1/4 mile and 60-130 times, who then gets product X (the Vishnu ST in this case) and just cold turkey, stops posting performance results. There is no logical explanation why someone would go from being a performance data junkie, get a serious performance upgrade and then just stop posting new data.
    ^ This exactly. Plus those people also claimed they were about to go out and set some records. Then silence.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    This might surprise you, but some people just enjoy modding cars for the sake of modding cars Click here to enlarge SO what if he decides to buy the Vishnu/FFTEC 6466 or Vargas Stage 3s, he's at least been open with his intentions and that he's not looking to set 1/4 mile records. This might be a surprise to you, but I bet a majority of the Single Turbos AND Vargas Stage 3s won't see excessive track time (1/4 mile, Auto-X, or whatever), but will be purchased by owners who are just looking for that extra rush which requires a turbo upgrade. Do you really think a majority of the super high-HP GTRs, Supras, Porches & Gallardo's all see regular track time or their owners get $#@! because they've upgraded and aren't chasing performance records? As much as I dislike Shiv & his business principles, you've raised your fan-boy flag with this post.

You know what, you're right, there are people who modify cars for the sake of modifying cars. But that, insanity, in my eyes, is what show cars are about. That perfectly explains and is the definition of modifying a car for the sake of it, at least in my opinion. If you're adding power mods, well then, disagree all you want with me, but there is another purpose to that other than just for the sake of it as you said. Power mods are to get more speed out of a car, not to be cool, not to be exclusive, or to have the comfort feeling of being able to floor the gas and put lengths between other street cars. It is completely true that not everybody has time to track their car, or go to a local track to do it at, but guess whose numbers those guys who never been at the track will quote when somebody asks them: "How fast is it?" I guarantee that at least a few of these ST owners had absolutely no reservations about quoting the famous 10 seconds that so far ONLY 1 of those cars has been able to achieve. I'm ranting here and going off what I was truly getting at:

And that's this ultimate question: why the hell would you commit and spend money on something knowing that potentially, there is another something better around the corner, with a better price tag, that will possibly render better results in the end? In the world of car enthusiasts who modify cars for speed, there should be only one answer to a question in what's the better product to help you achieve your goal. That answer is, was, and always will be: "Whatever is faster" And that's where track times are important.

P.S. That fan-boy flag is a fiction of your imagination, I'm not affiliated with any camp in any way.
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by sr20seb Click here to enlarge
    And that's this ultimate question: why the hell would you commit and spend money on something knowing that potentially, there is another something better around the corner, with a better price tag, that will possibly render better results in the end? In the world of car enthusiasts who modify cars for speed, there should be only one answer to a question in what's the better product to help you achieve your goal. That answer is, was, and always will be: "Whatever is faster" And that's where track times are important.
    There is a certain allure to a Single Turbo.... Especially when high horsepower ST 2JZ Supras are an immediate association in the mind of N54 owners. I mean, plenty of people add power to their cars, but how many people ever put their cars on dynos or run them in the 1/4 mile? I can think of plenty of people who've bolted-on various performance parts just because they want their car to be faster than it was on the showroom floor.

I mean, have you ever dyno'd your car or run it at the quarter mile? Because if you haven't done either (and you have some mods installed), insert your foot in mouth because that was a real hypocritical claim to be making.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sered Click here to enlarge
    Or at the very least trap speeds, by the way Shiv's 131mph does not line up with a 3300/3400lb car making 630whp either.
    FREAKING EXACTLY

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Guys, the debate isn't about whether someone will or won't take their car to the strip or what they want to do with it. That's fine and dandy, they can push their car off an f'ing cliff if they want to.

You would think at least 1, AT LEAST ONE DAMN PERSON, with the ST kit would go to the strip. The fact the numbers are basically all from Shiv suggest he hand picks what times get released and additionally that nobody else is getting close.

Didn't we have one guy go? And his numbers were way the hell off? Since then it's been silence on the drag strip front. I don't think it's necessarily due to every single guy simply wanting to "enjoy" their car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Guys, the debate isn't about whether someone will or won't take their car to the strip or what they want to do with it. That's fine and dandy, they can push their car off an f'ing cliff if they want to.

You would think at least 1, AT LEAST ONE DAMN PERSON, with the ST kit would go to the strip. The fact the numbers are basically all from Shiv suggest he hand picks what times get released and additionally that nobody else is getting close.

Didn't we have one guy go? And his numbers were way the hell off? Since then it's been silence on the drag strip front. I don't think it's necessarily due to every single guy simply wanting to "enjoy" their car.
    The problem with these numbers being mainly on Shiv's car is that nobody knows what else he did to achieve them. Probably explains why he locks people up and pulls support if they do anything he does not like.
    Click here to enlarge
    335i ~ JB4 ~ BMS ~ DCI ~ Active Autowerks CP & BOV ~ Borla Catback Exhaust

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    The problem with these numbers being mainly on Shiv's car is that nobody knows what else he did to achieve them. Probably explains why he locks people up and pulls support if they do anything he does not like.
    And this is why people want more numbers from others with the kit and instead everyone else who has it "isn't interested" in 1/4 mile numbers. Give me a break.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    And this is why people want more numbers from others with the kit and instead everyone else who has it "isn't interested" in 1/4 mile numbers. Give me a break.
    Its like a political parties "talking Points" they all use the exact same wording. Shiv must write the talking points script for each phase of the advertising campaign.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Pretty sure NDA or censorship was part of being "blessed" with owning a vishnu ST kit.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Tzu Click here to enlarge
    Pretty sure NDA or censorship was part of being "blessed" with owning a vishnu ST kit.
    That would suck... but it's a plausible explanation judging by the fact that no one ever shares data. usually shiv shares for them...
    SOLD --'07 E90 335i, PTF COBB E50, HFS4, ER CP, ETS 7", AA DP, Vishnu Exhaust, DCI, ACT, Nitto Nt555

'10 E92 335i M, 6MT COBB v3, ER IC, ER CP, VRSF DP, Fuel-it st2
    installing soon: Mfactory LSD, , powerflex subrframe bushings

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by marv85 Click here to enlarge
    That would suck... but it's a plausible explanation judging by the fact that no one ever shares data. usually shiv shares for them...
    Its easier to play with the data that way.
    Kevin
    2011 335is 7DCT/JB4 G5-ISO BMS Flash
    2013 135is 6MT - JB4 G5-ISO
    FF Cobra Mk-IV work in progress

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Was telling a friend of mine the situation without naming manufacturers, only saying that it was on the N54 platform. I described the ST companies antics and the possibility of the NDA stuff and that he had previously done EVOs.

My friend immediately said: "You're talking about Shiv, that $#@!ing shady douchebag". I LOLd pretty hard; my friend owned 3 EVOs over the years and knew his behavior immediately.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Damn, with all accusation of lying then what's the point of believing any charts now a days. Anyone can change numbers which is what basically makes up a graph. I can vbox a run from 60-130 and change numbers to look like im putting down 600hp when im making 400. Like most ppl here have mention, the best way to verify all this back and forth bs is to have multiple unbiased witnesses to see what fuel goes in empty tank and video the dynos, vbox, whatever....
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by AltecBX Click here to enlarge
    Damn, with all accusation of lying then what's the point of believing any charts now a days. Anyone can change numbers which is what basically makes up a graph. I can vbox a run from 60-130 and change numbers to look like im putting down 600hp when im making 400. Like most ppl here have mention, the best way to verify all this back and forth bs is to have multiple unbiased witnesses to see what fuel goes in empty tank and video the dynos, vbox, whatever....
    The best way is also to not cheat, because if you get caught, you live on that rep. So if you do mend your ways and do come up with something legit, people are going to need a bit more proof than normal to verify it. Just like real life. Click here to enlarge Shiv isn't known to be the most honest of people.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2064 Post(s)

If the graphs are BS it will be established when the kits are in independent users hands.

I mean we all know whose graphs are more trustworthy right?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sparky68 Click here to enlarge
    Does he really declines support if someone post numbers after they bought their product?
    Is this the same thing going on with VTT Stage 2?

I think that every product should speak for itself once the vendor decide to take money from their customers.
    335xi Sedan 6AT || Weather(45-60°F)
    -PROcede Rev. 2.5 ~ v5 (3/17 maps) / JB4 (8/21 maps) / COBB (Stg2+FMIC LT Agressive maps)
    †Procede Map2(UT 45 - IGN 40) Aggression Target 2.0 (93 Octane) || 0-60 in 4.0sec
    †Cobb E30 LT (35% Ethanol/65% 93 Octane) || 0-60 in 3.9sec
    AR Design Catless DP || BMS DCI + OCC || ETS 5 FMIC || Alpina B3 Trans Flash || 235/265 19" Michelin PSS

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Does he really declines support if someone post numbers after they bought their product?
    Is this the same thing going on with VTT Stage 2?

I think that every product should speak for itself once the vendor decide to take money from their customers.
    Prob not with the VTT Stage 2s because they're an RB Turbo alternative (who actually just because an E90Post Approved Vendor Click here to enlarge), but the VTT Stage 3s are a Vishnu/FFTEC Single Turbo alternative, so they prob won't get the same tech support

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For those of us who don't go to the track, or don't have the means to dyno our street driven daily drivers, the word of mouth of other users on these Forums is all we have to go by. When a friend asks about how much power a certain mod has added to the car, I can only quote the manufacturers claims and dyno numbers, which I know is not going to be accurate, but at least gives a ballpark figure that I can throw out there when people ask.
    I'm one of those owners who enjoys reading of the exploits of those who are constantly seeking more power, but I'm personally content to have just enough extra power to have a fighting chance against the typical stock muscle car, or the power to make a pass over those tools in their rice-rockets who feel threatened whenever they are being overtaken by other motorists.
    With all of that being said, I'm finding these turbo wars very entertaining! Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

There's all kinds of different folks when it comes to the car modding scene. For example I know someone who put a highend KW Clubsport suspension in his Seat Leon, lowered to about an inch from the ground, and he never EVER drives it on a racetrack. And he lives right next to the Nurburgring... He just (successfully!) attends show & shine events...

To each his own...
    E92 335i SB / Black Leather / 6AT / Navi Prof / Sunroof / Active Steering
    Mods: Performance Seats / Performance Exhaust / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / M3 Mirrors / Forge FMIC / QUAIFE LSD / Ohlins R&T / M3 Suspension Parts / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR catted DP / COBB Pro-Tune
    Next: GTS Wing

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast