Close

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 335toZ06 Click here to enlarge
    Yep. If you want his number let me know or text me before you bring it in and I'll let him know and he wouldn't say anything about a tune or mod's etc. Or if you run out of warranty and need someone to do stuff on the side and after hours he charges way less.
    Thanks, sure it's a matter of time until I need something pricey replaced & I'll take you up on that offer
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Thanks, sure it's a matter of time until I need something pricey replaced & I'll take you up on that offer
    No problem. Good night.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Ohh local runs... Vette should be home tomorrow night if not Sunday night may work. Heading out of town Fri and Sat but would love to see some runs.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LZH Click here to enlarge
    I guess in my mind, they market it in a way that leads you to believe that it's necessary to have forged pistons and crank for the added hp from the hotter factory tune - which we know is not the case. It's proven you can run a $#@!load more power with a blower in the non P31 motor and it holds together fine. So IMO it's a waste of money when you can get a better aftermarket tune that makes more power.
    The only thing I like about the PP is the limited slip. Other than that, I don't feel it's worth it. But then again my friends call me the cheapest rich guy they've ever met lol.
    Of course the car can add a certain % of power on cast internals but Mercedes is going above and beyond offering stronger internals AND a more aggressive tune. They aren't just giving you software and calling it a day, I respect that tremendously.

IMO it isn't a waste of money. If it was me, I'd get a Black Series or P31 and call up Weistec for a 3.0 liter blower with an aggressive tune. And I'd be much more comfortable knowing my internals were built to a higher level.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    I would really like to see a 135i or 335i with the Vargas Turbo upgrade to run against Weistec Stage 3 supercharge c63. A lighter car with more HP and torque, I think it would be close.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

1 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by onisyndicate Click here to enlarge
    I would really like to see a 135i or 335i with the Vargas Turbo upgrade to run against Weistec Stage 3 supercharge c63. A lighter car with more HP and torque, I think it would be close.
    I would love to see it as well but don't forget the 725whp was made with 109 octane and meth .. The c63 BS made ~660whp with a medium pulley and a pump tune and was later revealed the 660whp was a sand bagged number so add in a big dog pulley and 109 race tune id think you'd be right there with the Vargas Car and with MUCH more power under the curve your only getting 725 from the vargas for a small rpm sample so a dig race would favor the twin screws instant off idle torque

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

91 octane pump tune as well not 93

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ezec63 Click here to enlarge
    The c63 BS made ~660whp with a medium pulley and a pump tune and was later revealed the 660whp was a sand bagged number
    How was the Weistec C63 BS number sandbagged? It was the 91 octane tune/pulley combo, Stage 3 which is listed at 769 / 667 right on Weistec's website

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

regarding the benz jumping the cone.... this isn't a typical roll on road race. last SS event they staged us from the taxi and then rolled out making a sweeping right onto the airstrip=bad idea. i noticed this time they staged everyone properly at THE END OF THE RUNWAY, inline, facing forwards. this makes it much easier to match the other cars speed, brake boost, etc. and get a more objective race in. that being said... its up to the drivers if they want a fair race. i had a 6466supra try and hit early on me first time out to coalinga and adjusted speed Prior to cones

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    How was the Weistec C63 BS number sandbagged? It was the 91 octane tune/pulley combo, Stage 3 which is listed at 769 / 667 right on Weistec's website
    Directly posted by JRcart I don't think he has any reason to make that up

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Directly posted by JRcart I don't think he has any reason to make that up
    You know where the quote is?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by dreikraft Click here to enlarge
    regarding the benz jumping the cone.... this isn't a typical roll on road race. last SS event they staged us from the taxi and then rolled out making a sweeping right onto the airstrip=bad idea. i noticed this time they staged everyone properly at THE END OF THE RUNWAY, inline, facing forwards. this makes it much easier to match the other cars speed, brake boost, etc. and get a more objective race in. that being said... its up to the drivers if they want a fair race. i had a 6466supra try and hit early on me first time out to coalinga and adjusted speed Prior to cones
    I will say this.. last year with the sweep was actually better for those with manuals then the short staging area we got this year. For us with M3's and short gears we could barely get to 40 before the cones, so no time to brake boost, and a lot of awkward gas brake gas brake trying to line up.. probably fine for american cars or dct cars but for us rowing gears with short gears.. it was tough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2066 Post(s)

I would love to see it as well but don't forget the 725whp was made with 109 octane and meth .. The c63 BS made ~660whp with a medium pulley and a pump tune and was later revealed the 660whp was a sand bagged number so add in a big dog pulley and 109 race tune id think you'd be right there with the Vargas Car and with MUCH more power under the curve your only getting 725 from the vargas for a small rpm sample so a dig race would favor the twin screws instant off idle torque
    Good points...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    I will say this.. last year with the sweep was actually better for those with manuals then the short staging area we got this year. For us with M3's and short gears we could barely get to 40 before the cones, so no time to brake boost, and a lot of awkward gas brake gas brake trying to line up.. probably fine for american cars or dct cars but for us rowing gears with short gears.. it was tough.
    the run where i ran off the runway me and kevin went in 3rd and i didn't brake boost and my car felt boggy. in second it seemed to stay in the power better but its so fíng short!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234