Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No

Total Race is going UGR Lambo hunting

It looks like Russian tuner shop Total race is going after UGR in a BIG way. They've been competing with them in the Lambo world for a little while, however they've changed their tactics with their latest build.

It's based on the Saleen S7 but it's a taken to the extreme:

-Billet 10.2 liter custom V8 spec'd to a 4K HP capacity and 9Krpm redline built by Proline Racing

-Air shifted sequential transmission

-Race AWD conversion including billet custom "smart" AWD transfer case RWD/AWD mod switch on/off

-ProEFI ECU and Racepak solutions.

-Twin 94mm Precision turbos with dual water/ice intercoolers.

I can't any dyno numbers or vids but it looks like they are going for 2,000whp on pump gas and 2,500whp on race gas.

thought???
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge
    2008 E90 335i 6MT | JB4 G5 ISO | BMS Back End Flash | BMS DCI | BMS DP's | COBB Exhaust | VRSF 7" FMIC | BMS OCC

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Holy crap

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Total Race is legit & they've already done some incredible stuff with their TT-G (1730 WHP / 1240 WTQ)

BUT here's my biggest problem with them: Reliability (Fast Forward to 4:45)

The nice thing about UGR, Heffner, LMR, Dallas Performance, BoostLogic, Jotech, Bradan Group and/or Titan Motorsports is that all of these vendors are in the United States. If anything were to go wrong, sending your car to them on a trailer wouldn't be nearly as big of a headache as sending your car to a different country/getting tech support from Russia.

I think with all the technological advancements in aftermarket performance, nearly anybody can fab together a kit and tune it to put up mind blowing dyno & track numbers. BUT what really makes a $50k+ (sometimes $100k+) kit worth it is the turn-key reliability. IMO, I'd much rather be at a 200 WHP disadvantage & have a setup that's always healthy & operating 100%, then own the "TT-G HP Record Holder" and have the car spending most of its time on a lift getting fixed.
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    172 Post(s)

This is very new to me lol. Pretty awesome, I really want to see if they do that 2000whp pump gas numbers. Insane.
    Burger Motorsports
    Home of the Worlds fastest N20s, N54s, N55s, S55s, N63s, and S63s!

It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and installer of any BMS part to employ the correct installation techniques required to ensure the proper operation of BMS parts, and BMS disclaims any and all liability for any part failure due to improper installation or use. It is the sole responsibility of the customer to verify that the use of their vehicle and items purchased comply with federal, state and local regulations. BMS claims no legal federal, state or local certification concerning pollution controlled motor vehicles or mandated emissions requirements. BMS products labeled for use only in competition racing vehicles may only be used on competition racing vehicles operated exclusively on a closed course in conjunction with a sanctioned racing event, in accordance with all federal and state laws, and may never be operated on public roads/highways. Please click here for more information on legal requirements related to use of BMS parts.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

I think thats not a true street car and frankly that they hacked up a perfectly good Saleen S7 is just dumb IMO. But that being said, I can acknowledge its a unique build but as mentioned I wonder how reliable this will be.
    We stay swingin...
    Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

lol, at least they are going for some big game.

definition of street car is as unique as the owner though. I doubt much that has over 1k hp is a true street car any longer, for one reason or another. so at the bare minimum, if it can pass a quick visual inspection- lights/tags/tires etc to be on the street.. its a street car Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Markyd83 Click here to enlarge
    Holy crap
    Took the words right out of my mouth...
    2006 AW/Black ZCP 6MT

Click here to enlarge

E46 M3 Owners of the World <---- Join the FB group!!

Instagram :: @NotSMG.M3

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

The rest of the world will get better but for Lambo's UGR is flat out king.

Total Race doing an S7 is cool but UGR isn't doing S7's. And doing an S7 is nothing like doing an Aventador. The S7 is a kit car with a big American V8. It doesn't show the same level of skill. Anyone can pump out big HP from a domestic V8 these days.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    The rest of the world will get better but for Lambo's UGR is flat out king.

Total Race doing an S7 is cool but UGR isn't doing S7's. And doing an S7 is nothing like doing an Aventador. The S7 is a kit car with a big American V8. It doesn't show the same level of skill. Anyone can pump out big HP from a domestic V8 these days.
    i think its less of a what you do it with, as the v10 is just a v10.. and rather the outright domination the entire product can deliver.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    i think its less of a what you do it with, as the v10 is just a v10.. and rather the outright domination the entire product can deliver.
    I'm not sure what you mean exactly.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

I'm not sure what you mean exactly.
    you said more talented to do it with an aventador over S7, but is it really? its still just a motor, using the same functions other cars use. if someone can make a car that competes with a UGR and still has exotic tendencies, its still exotic

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

you said more talented to do it with an aventador over S7, but is it really? its still just a motor, using the same functions other cars use. if someone can make a car that competes with a UGR and still has exotic tendencies, its still exotic
    i hear where your coming from but have to respectively disagree. I guess we are so nested in that environment that I might be jaded, but personally you can't even compare a UGR build with a hennesy or boost logic car. They are night and day different. We see problem cars all the time with builders that think they can just throw a few turbos on a lambo and expect it work properly above a certain number. There are an amazing amount of engineering marvels that have to be done with both hardware and software to get the car to run the way UGR does...

Click here to enlarge
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Yes, it is really. Especially with a car that new at that level. The S7 is ancient and nowhere near as technologically sophisticated.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Those are some huge coolers in that first video!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

To be honest, the shell is the only thing that's an S7. The rest of it is "one off" and the fact they're doing it that way and it's not just "LSx + turbo" is what's cool.
    Click here to enlarge
    MOTIV750, MOTIV P-1000 PI, MOTIV/FUEL-IT! low pressure fuel system, AEM EMS/COBB AP, Aquamist HFS-3, ETS FMIC, SPEC stage 3+ clutch/SS flywheel, BC Racing coilovers and VMR wheels wrapped in Hankook RS3s.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

The TT-Gs are a very attractive platform. They're Lambos & automatically appeal to everyone's inner child (and as great as the GTR is, it'll never have Lambo appeal). The V10 also loves boost when built to spec, creates plenty of USABLE power with little turbo lag (unlike the Single Turbo Supras), and is basically the fastest street legal/usable car (full OEM interior, is a turn-key product & doesn't require maintenance every time you leave your driveway).

I think what Total Race is doing very impressive & the S7 is another car that'll def appeal to people's inner child, but it's not the right platform. S7's are still stupidly priced (while you can pick up a lightly used stock Gallardo for under $125k), there is some heavy duty modifications being made (the custom AWD system), and like I originally mentioned, nobody knows how reliable the Total Race builds are.

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

As for reliability the tuning will play a part but the motor that Total Race is using is a Proline motor which is very reliable at that horsepower and in fact Proline is the same company that builds UGR's motors.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Jake@Eurocharged.com Click here to enlarge
    i hear where your coming from but have to respectively disagree. I guess we are so nested in that environment that I might be jaded, but personally you can't even compare a UGR build with a hennesy or boost logic car. They are night and day different. We see problem cars all the time with builders that think they can just throw a few turbos on a lambo and expect it work properly above a certain number. There are an amazing amount of engineering marvels that have to be done with both hardware and software to get the car to run the way UGR does...

Click here to enlarge
    i guess i dont understand how hardware and tuning a lambos motor is any different than hardware and tuning on any other motor, i mean, lets say an NRE built motor goes in it..boost by gear and TC using a pro efi or motec..in that regard, i cant see major differences.. the car as a whole, yea, im with you one over the other. its like a 335xi vs gtr debate.. one is clearly more advanced than the other even though on paper they are very similar..

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

i guess i dont understand how hardware and tuning a lambos motor is any different than hardware and tuning on any other motor, i mean, lets say an NRE built motor goes in it..boost by gear and TC using a pro efi or motec..in that regard, i cant see major differences.. the car as a whole, yea, im with you one over the other. its like a 335xi vs gtr debate.. one is clearly more advanced than the other even though on paper they are very similar..
    I hear ya. The major thing to me is the software on the ecu on the lambo (especially with the aventador/audi) does some crazy things with the programming. When we first looked at the coding it was like looking at a strange language. Nothing was like it was typically and they are doing some pretty cool and advanced things finally.

Now I completely agree with tuning a ecu for an engine is simply that, pretty straight forward. Now when you combine factory ecu with a motec/pro efi to make the car do crazy things that it is not used to, that's how the complexity that I was talking about earlier gets built in. We have done some pretty sweet projects before (tuning for turbos using factory dme, etc) but nothing was as much as a headache as the lambos. There is so much to be done to get the damn thing just to idle right lmao... Compare that to things like the twin sc m5 that we were able to code in a matter of hours and its night and day lol...

Make any sense?
    Eurocharged Performance
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST E55 - 10.46 @ 134.42
    Tuner of the WORLDS FASTEST C32 - 12.33 @ 115.08

Locations in Houston - Chicago - Boston - DC- Toronto - Hong Kong - South Africa
    Over 30 other dealer locations around the word

Sales@eurocharged.com

Over 7000 customers strong!

Proud tuning partners of Underground Racing!

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

i hear you. i have no experience with the lambos though, so its an outside perspective. getting the power out of the motor is one thing, and then putting it all together is another. thats where i see the complexity. which reinforces my statement, that if another car out there (minus GTRs) can be in competition and run with them, than it is certainly a major accomplishment.. more pronounced when its a "kit" car that has a conglomerate of parts in it as well

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

i guess i dont understand how hardware and tuning a lambos motor is any different than hardware and tuning on any other motor
    How is hardware and tuning on a BMW motor not any different than any other motor then? Why is a 335 not any different from a Supra? The answer is, they are way different.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

How is hardware and tuning on a BMW motor not any different than any other motor then? Why is a 335 not any different from a Supra? The answer is, they are way different.
    It's just high quality tuning: knowing the various motors, their build specs, components & tolerances, the specific FI setup (turbo/supercharger capabilities) & fueling. A true tuner can do all that, in addition to constructing a very efficient, powerful safe tune that offers smooth drivability on a wide variety of platforms.

IMO, the age of a tuner being specialized on one specific platform is a dying out because it's no longer a profitable/stable business model. Titan Motorsports is known world wide for their Supras & UGR is known for their Lambos, but you need to be skilled on several platforms to run a successful, long-term business.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    IMO, the age of a tuner being specialized on one specific platform is a dying out
    I don't know if this is the case really. I don't see it although I see UGR expanding their lineup a bit but they were known for their Vipers way before the Lambo's.

Dinan is still BMW centric but obviously not a big HP builder unless you are a pro race team.