Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Question Rebello Racing Stroker Kit...anyone heard of this???

http://www.rebelloracing.com/bmw1.htm

Someone sent me this link...$4k for a rotating assembly? Sounds in line with what OEM parts would cost...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by bigjae1976 Click here to enlarge
    http://www.rebelloracing.com/bmw1.htm

Someone sent me this link...$4k for a rotating assembly? Sounds in line with what OEM parts would cost...
    If you could get some definitive information on this stroker and what it entails that would be great. I have inquired via email and phone about this kit but the information was very vague and nebulus.

I have a hard time eating $8,000+ for the other stroker rotating assembly when running OEM long blocks can be had for less than half.

If you do find out @bigjae1976 , please share.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Rebello and Sunbelt used to be "the" engines used in Speed World Challenge cars from the early 2000s onwards.
    Rep Points > Posts since 2010

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

So what should I ask? Not sure what information is meaningful. I could ask things like "Does it look pretty?" or "How does it taste?" but I don't think that would help. Click here to enlarge

EDIT: I know this forum is sensitive about editing...I just put the smiley.Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

So what should I ask? Not sure what information is meaningful. I could ask things like "Does it look pretty?" or "How does it taste?" but I don't think that would help. Click here to enlarge

EDIT: I know this forum is sensitive about editing...I just put the smiley.Click here to enlarge
    No worries dude.

I could not get a straight answer on the stroke. Last word I gathered was the cc gain was NOT made via the crank.

I just wanted a parts list with specs and couldn't get it (2010).

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

I mean...what would make this stuff quality? What accounts for the price difference between the $8k kit?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

I mean...what would make this stuff quality? What accounts for the price difference between the $8k kit?
    The exchange on the crank is the give-away.

Pistons may be the same, but I suspect the rods are different.

The crank for the $8k kit may be a dedicated forging and the other kit may use a welded and re-ground crank.

Just my ideas, may not actually be fact.

Personally, if I was going to do a stroker, I'd want a dedicated crank forging. (One off)

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Good points. I'm sure they are reusing our cores...didn't think about that.

Thanks!

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

The main difference is the VAC exclusive 3.5L crank made by Arrow Precision. There is no finer S54 crank in the world Click here to enlarge Also, we use CP Forged Pistons and Arrow Precision Forged conrods in our base kit. Not sure there is a finer S54 rod on the market either.

http://www.arrowprecision.com/
    Last edited by Mike@VAC; 04-10-2013 at 12:51 AM.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

I'm not familiar with them for this application although the name used to be big. When showing me parts like this at this cost though I expect to see a dynograph and video of them actually in an application.
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Mike@VAC Click here to enlarge
    The main difference is the VAC exclusive 3.5L crank made by Arrow Precision. There is no finer S54 crank in the world Click here to enlarge Also, we use CP Forged Pistons and Arrow Precision Forged conrods in our base kit. Not sure there is a finer S54 rod on the market either.

Agreed.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Do they make your S65 crank?
    Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale: http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

One Day, One day You'll get my engine block in the post Click here to enlarge for one of your stroker kits.
    Click here to enlarge

EURO 04 M3 Current Mods:GC DAs, Eibach Sways, PF RTAB's, RE RCAs, INTRAVEE II, Black Roundels, ///MFEST Badges, Depo's, Screen protector for NAV display, VCSL Bumper + Race Lip & CF Trunk & CF Rear Diffusor, DIETZ TV in Motion, SS= V1 Headers + catless pipes + X-Pipe + SS Sport Exhaust, Z8 Starter Button, Lamin-X, OEM CSL interior, OEM CSL Steering, OEM CSL Intake, OEM CSL Roof, MSS54HP + OEM CSL Tune, BBS CH's, LIGHTWERKZ, 355mm ST40 BBK, BW Oil Cooler....

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Do they make your S65 crank?
    Well, the 4.4L S65 crank is made in Amurrrrica. We have a 3.5L by Arrow Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by 0-60Motorsports Click here to enlarge
    One Day, One day You'll get my engine block in the post Click here to enlarge for one of your stroker kits.
    We are ready!! 2 S54s are going together these next few weeks - both big boost SC builds.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2055 Post(s)

Well, the 4.4L S65 crank is made in Amurrrrica. We have a 3.5L by Arrow Click here to enlarge
    Who makes it though? Just curious but seems the last thing my build needs is more power or torque right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Who makes it though? Just curious but seems the last thing my build needs is more power or torque right now.
    It's an exclusive VAC product.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2 out of 2 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    Rebello's kit, based on the photos and the price, would appear to be using OEM crankshafts reground with offset journals. Based on the fact that the rod bearing has a hole in it I'd imagine they are using a Honda rod journal. If that's the case you're looking at gaining 2mm to 3mm of stroke, nothing too significant. Looks like a chinese rod in the photo from Eagle or the other manufacturer, those cost less than 100 per rod. Crankshaft grinding usually costs somewhere between 800 and 1000, and a custom piston set at 175 a piece lets say. Grand total of about 2800 bucks if you add in the cost of rod bearings.

The major cost in a stroker kit is in the crankshaft, which typically is ground from billet 4130. That alone is already a significant improvement over an OEM forged crankshaft. Billet crankshafts are typically pounds lighter than OEM cranks with better strength. On the S54 you're gaining somewhere around 6mm of stroke. Cost on a billet crankshaft alone for most of the inline 6 motors tends to run around 3600 in this area, that's what the majority of the price jump is attributed to.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Reputation: Yes | No
    fyi, metric mechanic offset grind S54 cranks to 93mm for their M50/52/S52 engines. the S54 bearing being 51mm vs 46mm for the M52/S52 rods makes it a common size bearing but length still is off but easy enough to fix that with a custom rod and piston comp

there arent many S52/M5x engines worth turning past 8k so a smaller bearing is fine but not so much on the S54 i would think.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)

Orgasmic sound from the VAC stroker kit/s
    2005 Porsche 996 TTS RWD - Eurodyne 60-130 in 6.50s
    2015 Audi A3 2.0 TFSI - Eurodyne 0 - 100 in 10.67s
    2015 McLaren 650S (RHD) - UK - 1/3rd owner yet to drive

Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

sick