Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by folgrz Click here to enlarge
    Here is another video of an ESS M3 vs a Vishnu single turbo car

http://youtu.be/LErCYInEvng
    Why are the ST cars running so damn weak though for the claimed power? Easier to post dyno graphs?

Stage 2 or 2.5 E9X M3 S65 V8 supercharger kit for sale
    : http://www.boostaddict.com/showthrea...r-kit-for-sale

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    Why are the ST cars running so damn weak though for the claimed power? Easier to post dyno graphs?
    Already said it
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by benzy89 Click here to enlarge
    Vishnu/FFTEC ST --- Because Dyno Sheets > Roll Racing
    Cause we all know dyno sheets sell kits
    COBB AP ProTune by Bren of ///Bren Tuning
    Akrapovic DP | Helix FMIC | Alpina TCM Flash | Walbro 450LPH Fuel Pump

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    318 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    so... wait.. the ST cars lose against less powered cars.. but somehow equal higher powered cars mphs and take the "tuner" trophy when they are elite sponsor to the elite sponsor of the event.. interesting run of events..

@CaptainInsano

what else did you run?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by LostMarine Click here to enlarge
    so... wait.. the ST cars lose against less powered cars.. but somehow equal higher powered cars mphs and take the "tuner" trophy when they are elite sponsor to the elite sponsor of the event.. interesting run of events..
    You think that's interesting, check this $#@! out

Click here to enlarge

AND big surprise, there's no video or VBOX to back this up

"The moment money becomes your motivation, you are immediately not as good as someone who is motivated by passion and internal will." -A. Senna

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...77dc5fb4-1.jpg

This post/quote looks familiar... Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by MisterEm Click here to enlarge
    This post/quote looks familiar... Click here to enlarge
    Haha except mine was a 1/2 hr earlier -- SUPER questionable claim tho from Shiv

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Does anyone have an "in" at COBB? HPF is trying to get COBB to tune the Twin Scroll ST but they are not biting...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by HPF 335i Click here to enlarge
    Does anyone have an "in" at COBB? HPF is trying to get COBB to tune the Twin Scroll ST but they are not biting...
    Just think they've got their hands full with getting everything together for the VTT S3s

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Just think they've got their hands full with getting everything together for the VTT S3s
    That's what HPF told me too. L Right now I am on Shive’s ST tune, but HPF is having some difficulties tuning with it. My car is at BMW right now getting an ECU update. I think it’s still on the original 2007 version which may be causing some challenges.
    Last edited by HPF 335i; 04-10-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: si

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Josh from Cobb is flying out Friday with Jake to tune stage 3 so I think they are focusing on that. I am pretty sure they are a little hesitant to try to tune something with Boost actuated gates using just the DME. Basically at this point in time its just not going to work properly as has been demonstrated. I am still pretty surprised with all the issues there has been tuning ST cars, with the O2 placement and the boost control, etc, yet people just continue to pump out ST hardware and then wonder why it wont run right once they go to tune it...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

1 out of 1 members liked this post. Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge
    Josh from Cobb is flying out Friday with Jake to tune stage 3 so I think they are focusing on that. I am pretty sure they are a little hesitant to try to tune something with Boost actuated gates using just the DME. Basically at this point in time its just not going to work properly as has been demonstrated. I am still pretty surprised with all the issues there has been tuning ST cars, with the O2 placement and the boost control, etc, yet people just continue to pump out ST hardware and then wonder why it wont run right once they go to tune it...Click here to enlarge
    So most of the issue have been resolved and just for the record it hasn't been tuning issue. ST makes a lot of power. I'm sure you'll also see some of the issues as you turn up the power. You have to admit a lot of good has come from the ST and all the minor limitations it has identified. I call that a Win Win for everyone who wants to get to that level.

Good luck with your tuning. Look forward to seeing some great numbers! Click here to enlarge

BTW, great meeting you this past weekend. Wish we could have hooked up for drinks after. I went looking for you at the end of the day but you had already bailed. Hopefully we can catch up next time...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by VargasTurboTech Click here to enlarge

Then why did you give me a hard time when i was talking about aborting the project last week? your killin my optimism! lol.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Then why did you give me a hard time when i was talking about aborting the project last week? your killin my optimism! lol.
    Not trying to kill it, I think your best bet is to get with Shiv. He has had over a year to get this tuning figured out. Trying to go with Cobb or someone who h as no experience tuning a ST is going to be tough.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    321 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    So most of the issue have been resolved and just for the record it hasn't been tuning issue. ST makes a lot of power. I'm sure you'll also see some of the issues as you turn up the power. You have to admit a lot of good has come from the ST and all the minor limitations it has identified. I call that a Win Win for everyone who wants to get to that level.

Good luck with your tuning. Look forward to seeing some great numbers! Click here to enlarge

BTW, great meeting you this past weekend. Wish we could have hooked up for drinks after. I went looking for you at the end of the day but you had already bailed. Hopefully we can catch up next time...
    Hey Wedge! Awesome meeting you too man. I bailed early after terry broke. I should have came Sunday, that was my mistake. I agree as the power comes up there will be issues. I think the main difference here is, when we run into them, we will let everyone know what they are so they can prepare for them in the future. As far as the ST, from the outside looking in, I see this. A kit has been shipping to customers for over a year, and it seems they are still not running to the levels they should be, if its mechanical issues, etc thats fine. I just wish they would be a little more transparent so we all knew what was holding them back before. Insano's car looked to be running awesome at that event. I am super happy to see it...Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not trying to kill it, I think your best bet is to get with Shiv. He has had over a year to get this tuning figured out. Trying to go with Cobb or someone who h as no experience tuning a ST is going to be tough.
    Oh alright, yeah thats what im doing right now.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Oh alright, yeah thats what im doing right now.
    I honestly think you would have better luck letting Terry try and tune it for you. What happnes if shiv tunes your car and the numbers blow away FFTEC's ST kit? Kind of a conflict of interest don't you think? If you need someone to drive your car down to Simi Valley and have Terry work his magic let me know Click here to enlarge

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    Let me know when that's confirmed. I'll bring some cars.
    I would be interested pending appropriate scheduling...I usually bring everything back to Canada for my daily during the summer.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

http://www.benzboost.com/images/impo...77dc5fb4-1.jpg

Even with a weak built motor setup he still isn't running with it I mean the ST can't even handle 91 octane low boost pump setups what kind of crack is he smoking? What is it laced with?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin Click here to enlarge
    I would be interested pending appropriate scheduling...I usually bring everything back to Canada for my daily during the summer.
    Hmm I would be more than happy to accommodate you I'd rather deal with people who I would want attending than not. Tough though due to the distance.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Hey Wedge! Awesome meeting you too man. I bailed early after terry broke. I should have came Sunday, that was my mistake. I agree as the power comes up there will be issues. I think the main difference here is, when we run into them, we will let everyone know what they are so they can prepare for them in the future. As far as the ST, from the outside looking in, I see this. A kit has been shipping to customers for over a year, and it seems they are still not running to the levels they should be, if its mechanical issues, etc thats fine. I just wish they would be a little more transparent so we all knew what was holding them back before. Insano's car looked to be running awesome at that event. I am super happy to see it...Click here to enlarge
    Yeah man, wish you would have stuck around. We could have ran into town and had a few drinks. Next time for sure... Click here to enlarge

I agree there was a lot of unknowns with the ST, but from an R&D standpoint, which you know well, it's hard to test on every platform option before shipping to cover your costs. I think FFTEC and Vishnu were forth coming with information as they addressed it head on. Granted some issues were resolved by customers, but I think every company who releases cutting edge performance deals with this. I know a lot of people want numbers, but when a ST AT car with a stock transmission and flash can put down a mid 6 second 60 -130, something is going in the right direction. I can't wait to see what 517 does to resolve the ST AT issue. I drove it on Friday after resetting adaptations and I about peed myself when it spooled up in 3rd and 4th. Absolutely insane. I think we'll see sub 6's if they can get it right.

Insano's car was kicking butt after his first run, even though @longboarder took advantage of him on that first run... Click here to enlarge

Would be nice if the SS boyz get a start finish timer for the next event. I have to admit, it was really cool to have trap speeds. Really put things into perspective...

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Wedge1967 Click here to enlarge
    Yeah man, wish you would have stuck around. We could have ran into town and had a few drinks. Next time for sure... Click here to enlarge

I agree there was a lot of unknowns with the ST, but from an R&D standpoint, which you know well, it's hard to test on every platform option before shipping to cover your costs. I think FFTEC and Vishnu were forth coming with information as they addressed it head on. Granted some issues were resolved by customers, but I think every company who releases cutting edge performance deals with this. I know a lot of people want numbers, but when a ST AT car with a stock transmission and flash can put down a mid 6 second 60 -130, something is going in the right direction. I can't wait to see what 517 does to resolve the ST AT issue. I drove it on Friday after resetting adaptations and I about peed myself when it spooled up in 3rd and 4th. Absolutely insane. I think we'll see sub 6's if they can get it right.

Insano's car was kicking butt after his first run, even though @longboarder took advantage of him on that first run... Click here to enlarge

Would be nice if the SS boyz get a start finish timer for the next event. I have to admit, it was really cool to have trap speeds. Really put things into perspective...
    The trap speeds were a huge help this time around. I realize they will accumulate more capabilities and equipment as they go on doing events but a big board that shows speeds and numbered cars would probably help.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by ZooyorQ Click here to enlarge
    The trap speeds were a huge help this time around. I realize they will accumulate more capabilities and equipment as they go on doing events but a big board that shows speeds and numbered cars would probably help.
    Yeah, it would have been nice if they would have numbered the cars as then they could have tracked trap speeds by car number as too many of the same cars of the same color. Overall, this event was much better than the last. Looking forward to seeing what they come up with next.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly I thinkI may end up parting and or selling the car as is this summer. Ill letHPF do their thing and when i get it back ill decide if its for me or not. Imlooking for a 09 E90 M3.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2093 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Honestly I thinkI may end up parting and or selling the car as is this summer. Ill letHPF do their thing and when i get it back ill decide if its for me or not. Imlooking for a 09 E90 M3.
    M3 and don't look back.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    M3 and don't look back.
    I know... I just keep making horrible purchase decisions. I have bought and sold so much stuff over the last 8 years it’s insane. Right now my E92 has only 27,XXX miles on it and 90% of that is from driving from TX to MI and Back. I’ve only sat in it for maybe 8 -10 months total. I just hope I can get "enough" out of it and be able to move on. I fear I may be stuck.

Page 25 of 28 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast